Print Page | Close Window

The Master Cleanse.... has anyone done it?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Exercise, Fitness, & Health
Forum Name: Eating Healthy
Forum Description: Discussions on Eating Healthy
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=276307
Printed Date: Jun 19 2018 at 9:44pm

Topic: The Master Cleanse.... has anyone done it?
Posted By: hairandnails
Subject: The Master Cleanse.... has anyone done it?
Date Posted: Aug 19 2010 at 1:35pm
I've fasted for  4 days with the Master Cleanse.

If I did it once, I can do it again.I am incorporating the drink with my vegan lifestyle. It's been almost a week. So far so good.

Let's start a group of people to do the master cleanse. Who's game?

Replies:
Date Posted: Aug 19 2010 at 10:38pm
It's a drink made of lemon juice, grade B maple syrup amd cayenne pepper. It detoxs the body, works best when you fast with it. I did it for four days, you're supposed to at least 7 to 10 days. Who's game?

Posted By: GreenGiant
Date Posted: Aug 20 2010 at 6:02pm
I need to do it again. I did it for 7 days last year right before easter. I've never felt so mentally and physically clean. The worse part is the salt water flus, can you believe when I first did it I read it wrong and was doing the salt flush TWICE a day!
I've been eating like a pig lately also, I'm so game!

Date Posted: Aug 20 2010 at 6:07pm
^^darn, the dead symbol is in regards to the salt flush.

Posted By: Dreamjes
Date Posted: Aug 23 2010 at 9:21pm

I did the Master Cleanse when I was in college. I did it for 12 days, I was trying to make it to 14 but my poor Mom was freaking out, so I had to cut my journey short. I think I lost like 6 pounds, but like someone else said before that salt water flush is no joke. I actually had to take my pillow and blanket into the bathroom with me so I could sleep on the bathroom floor and "go" without worrying about..ah...not making it.....LOL.Embarrassed

Date Posted: Aug 24 2010 at 5:47pm
^^Lmao, I hear you! When I read the direction and it said 'stay close to home after doing the salt flush' I was like 'wtf am I in for?' Yes, the family does TRIP when you fast. Most americans think that not eating is equal to starvation. I always have to remind ppl its for health and spiritual purposes. The one thing I noticed about myself, I loooooove beer. After my cleanse, I had no desire at all to drink. I had a 12 oz can of beer and had to make myself finish it. It does suck doing it alone, would be great if we could get a challenge/support group going.

Date Posted: Aug 26 2010 at 1:55am
I am all for a support group for healthier living. It's been 10 days since I have been "vegetarian". So far so good. I made a vegetarian spaghetti with brocolli and eggplant.....delicious. My hubby loved it too.

The hard part is finding delicious meals to make with vegetables. So far pasta dishes with various veggies work for me.

Things I've done for healthy living prior to going meatless:

(1) Nothing fried (no fried chicken, french fries)
(2) No soda, or nothing carbonated
(3) eat more fresh green salads
(4) drink water as part of the meal instead of juice

What has worked for you?

Posted By: Misstee175
Date Posted: Aug 26 2010 at 7:39pm
I haven't tried this yet but I might give it a go after the weekend. My body's been feeling a lil sluggish and run down

Posted By: Dreamjes
Date Posted: Aug 29 2010 at 7:51am
Originally posted by GreenGiant GreenGiant wrote:

^^Lmao, I hear you! When I read the direction and it said 'stay close to home after doing the salt flush' I was like 'wtf am I in for?' Yes, the family does TRIP when you fast. Most americans think that not eating is equal to starvation. I always have to remind ppl its for health and spiritual purposes. The one thing I noticed about myself, I loooooove beer. After my cleanse, I had no desire at all to drink. I had a 12 oz can of beer and had to make myself finish it. It does suck doing it alone, would be great if we could get a challenge/support group going.

Well, I was WAY BAD I knew that if you went straight into real food after the cleanse......bad things would happen *Cue spooky music. So I took some Pepto Bismal, went down to Subway and had a Chicken Bacon Ranch Sub, 4 White Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies and a Mountain Dew. It was sssooooo good. Bad, but good. LOL.

Posted By: crysm2k
Date Posted: Aug 29 2010 at 5:26pm
I did the cleanse back at the end of june. I did it for 6 days and lost 12 lbs. That swf is no joke but I do agree that while doing the cleanse I felt empowered that I had control enough to not eat esp when I had to prepare food still for my family. I was still working and I swear all of my co workers thought I was turning anorexic. I'm thinking of starting another cleanse aft labor day

Posted By: crysm2k
Date Posted: Aug 29 2010 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by hairandnails hairandnails wrote:

I am all for a support group for healthier living. It's been 10 days since I have been "vegetarian". So far so good. I made a vegetarian spaghetti with brocolli and eggplant.....delicious. My hubby loved it too.

The hard part is finding delicious meals to make with vegetables. So far pasta dishes with various veggies work for me.

Things I've done for healthy living prior to going meatless:

(1) Nothing fried (no fried chicken, french fries)

(2) No soda, or nothing carbonated

(3) eat more fresh green salads

(4) drink water as part of the meal instead of juice

What has worked for you?

I haven't gone full "vegetarian" but I have given up beef and pork as well as cows milk (I now drink soy and almond milk)

Posted By: naomiluv21
Date Posted: Aug 30 2010 at 5:09pm
   I done the master cleanse for about 7 days(lose 12 pds) in the beginning of the year. I started for all the wrong reasons(lose weight) so of course I gain it back. It was hard for me LOL. But only becuz i had school & work. So, i literally went to the bathroom sooo many times a day. On my first day...i toke 1tablespoon of sea salt.. .instead of 1 teaspoon with water by mistake. I was vomiting all day. Like u guys said that salt flush is serious. You don't know when u gonna go LOL. I don't think i can do it again( too busy) I found just increasing my water intake everyday is better for me.
Dolls...Good Luck!

Posted By: MooMonSTAR
Date Posted: Nov 07 2010 at 4:46am

Tryna talk someone out of doing this actually...she is doing it for all the wrong reasons...but I guess it's personal choice...

Posted By: lacehairwigs uk
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 1:41pm
i cant do it.i love food but i will do 2 colonics a year and eat mostly raw and vegetarian.

Posted By: mrshairdo
Date Posted: Jul 22 2011 at 1:49pm
Literally just finished this cleanse yesterday and in total i lost 13 pounds! it was great...psychologically it always soo soo difficult but I'm so happy for my "new body" lol. I also worked out regularly while on it

Posted By: yekomod
Date Posted: Jul 27 2011 at 12:09am
I want to try this.

I hope i can stick with it

-------------
Waist length by 30

Posted By: JudiBlue252
Date Posted: Nov 16 2011 at 5:23pm
Ive done it with the Epsom Salt and it cleared me out alright..i cant do it untik i have 2 nights off of wrk..the first time i did it i had to spend my WHOLE WEEKEND in the bathroom sleeping on the toilet!! ....but Is that the kind of salt most ppl use?

Posted By: sweetvocals05
Date Posted: Nov 22 2011 at 5:07pm
i'm trying to find places that can do colonics in my price range i'm starting to have a problem finding them in my area does anyone either know where to find them where to find where i live or places where i can get them done.

Posted By: mswright00
Date Posted: Nov 29 2011 at 1:58pm
Ladies, please tell me how this works and what do I need to get and do to start?

Posted By: Damika
Date Posted: Dec 08 2011 at 8:20pm

WILL DO IT NEXT TIME

Posted By: khivey
Date Posted: Jan 04 2012 at 9:41am
I tried to do the Master Cleanse once and it just wasn't working out for me. I just felt bad.

I tried another cleanse 3 years ago that I am doing again now.

I eat nothing but fresh fruits and vegetables for 6 days and drink water with lemon.
Then I add brown rice on day 7 and eat brown rice, fruits and vegetables for 8 days and drink water with lemon. Last, I add fish (salmon, cod or tuna) and on day 9 I begin to eat fish, brown rice, fruits and vegetables for 10 days. The first time I did it 3 years ago I did it in 3 6 9 but this year I decided to up it.

I like it and I can still eat:) I don't need to do it every year because I maintain a pretty healthy diet all year round.

-------------
Hair Type:3c/4a
Hair Length:SBL
“The approval of others often forms an essential part of our capacity to think we are right.”

Posted By: MsBianca
Date Posted: Mar 05 2012 at 2:57pm
I'm on day one of this cleanse! 

Anyone else doing it right now?

Posted By: Starrygurl
Date Posted: Mar 06 2012 at 8:35am
^^No, but I did it about 2 years agao. I lasted almost 3 weeks was going for a month, but I was running out of ingredients.  For me it did cut the cravings and when I really got into it I wasn't hungry after a while.

Posted By: KikiScorpio92
Date Posted: Mar 12 2012 at 4:19pm
I tried it and flopped after a couple of days. Must have stronger mind set ConfusedLOL

-------------

Posted By: LoveN_Beauty
Date Posted: Mar 12 2012 at 4:35pm
I'm going to try and do this next week if i can get the organic syrup.. i've done it twice before but i didn't know i was supposed to salt water flush lol I'm going to do it right this time

Posted By: SahliRene
Date Posted: May 30 2012 at 1:37pm
I want to try this along with eating nothing but veggies and fruits for the next 30 days. I rarely drink soda or juice. This should be easy :)

Can you exercise while on the Master Cleanse??

Posted By: ClassicBeautee
Date Posted: Jun 13 2013 at 6:51pm
I did it 2x but didn't last long, maybe 4-5 days and I cheated by eating salads for dinner. I eventually do want to try it again. I think its an excellent way to kick-start a new eating plan.

Posted By: sistagal
Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 5:05am
Originally posted by mswright00 mswright00 wrote:

Ladies, please tell me how this works and what do I need to get and do to start?

X2

Posted By: FirstLady_CoCo
Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 11:10pm
I did the Master Cleanse like 5 months ago when I first started my weight loss journey with my friend. I did it for 5 days and I couldn't go on anymore. I got weak, I threw that stuff up one time, and it was just horrible.  I was dreaming of hot wings and I don't even eat hot wings like that lmao. I lost close to ten pounds but I surely gained it back slowly.  In my opinion it is temporary unless you work incredibly hard to maintain it. 

I'd rather take the route of just eating healthy and exercising hard.  25 pounds down and that has helped shape my journey.  

Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: May 04 2014 at 9:31pm
I just completed my 3rd Cleanse. This time for 15 days.

Posted By: curly.fry
Date Posted: May 30 2014 at 11:41pm
I tried that but it was too hard for me to sustain. I prefer Dhealthstore's full body detox. It is all natural and they always have a sale.  My results were loss of 10 lbs, clearer skin, mental clarity, and so much energy I only needed 4 hours of sleep. SmileHere is the link:  http://www.dhealthstore.com/full-body-detox-capsules.html

Print Page | Close Window