Forum Name: Dark Spots
Forum Description: Discussion on Dark Spots
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=267609
Printed Date: Aug 20 2018 at 7:27pm

Topic: The Castor Oil Method (OCM) is the TRUTH (BEFORE and
Posted By: tiffanyoneal
Subject: The Castor Oil Method (OCM) is the TRUTH (BEFORE and
Date Posted: Jul 02 2010 at 12:51am

This is another update thread for me. :)

I have been cleaning my face using nothing but the castor oil, Evoo and Tea tree oil method since Nov. It has really paid off. Last night I washed my face and decided to take some updated pictures. Ladies, I will NEVER ever use a commercial cleanser on my face again! I believe the trick to it is being consistant. I have to admit at the start my face purged a little but it was supposed to do that. Alot of people when starting to use it complain that it makes their face worst but I believe in some cases the castor oil is working to pull all the dirt out of your pimples...so yes it will look nasty. Anyway here are my before and after pictures.

Replies:
Posted By: TalkTru
Date Posted: Jul 02 2010 at 3:52am
OMG!!!!!

That is EXCELLENT resultsThumbs%20Up.  Did you use regular castor oil?  Did you do this in the morning? or evenings? or both?

I started to breakout about 3 weeks ago, because of Biotin (I had slacked off, then went back on it = huge spots on my faceCry)  thank goodness it's gone, but it's left me with LOADs of black head around my cheeks...  I ended up purchasing cleansers and toners, I bought 2 of each because the offer was buy one, get one free.  I'm going to finish them off then start the OCM.

At the moment, I've just started using water only in the mornings on my face, then cleansing followed by cream.

Posted By: mzbhaven
Date Posted: Jul 02 2010 at 1:06pm
your skin looks great!

Posted By: Moria
Date Posted: Jul 02 2010 at 1:15pm
Thumbs%20Up

Posted By: dOLLish.
Date Posted: Jul 02 2010 at 6:58pm
Your skin looks amazing!

Posted By: SheGotHerOwn
Date Posted: Jul 03 2010 at 2:06am
yes your skin looks great...how are you cleansing with the oils tho? Yesterday I started using emu oil soap followed by likas mixed with tea tree oil followed with a toner by alpha hydrox and then moisturize with tea tree oil mixed with 56000iu vitamin e oil...i am sick of purchasing things like proactive also. It works but it doesnt take care of the mess thts already beneath the skin...anyway im sick of it...i would like a more natural approach and i have yearned for clear glowing skin for sooooo long...hopefully this is going to do the trick

Posted By: naomiluv21
Date Posted: Jul 03 2010 at 12:39pm
wow...your face look great!!!!! I also had a crazy breakout about a month ago :& now since most of the pimples are gone...i have HUGE DARK dark spots all over the sides of the face & chin. i can never leave the house without full makeup...becuz to me i look like a monster. My co workers & even my boyfriend think i have flawless skin....if they only knew how much time it takes to do my makeup. I will deff give this a try.:...thanks

Posted By: Missvw
Date Posted: Jul 03 2010 at 3:54pm
Wow, your face has cleared really well.

Thanks for posting pictures Thumbs%20Up

Posted By: kwicherbichen
Date Posted: Jul 05 2010 at 11:04pm
Using OCM, my pimples were gone OVER NIGHT. That being said, I also had a lot of orange oil in it.

Posted By: Tink
Date Posted: Jul 07 2010 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by Missvw Missvw wrote:

Wow, your face has cleared really well.

Thanks for posting pictures Thumbs%20Up

ITA! Clap Please share with us how to do this method!

Posted By: AfricanQueen
Date Posted: Jul 07 2010 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by kwicherbichen kwicherbichen wrote:

Using OCM, my pimples were gone OVER NIGHT. That being said, I also had a lot of orange oil in it.

Could you tell us what oils exactly you use and what brands?

Also, how exactly do you do the OCM??

Thanks!

Posted By: AfricanQueen
Date Posted: Jul 07 2010 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by tiffanyoneal tiffanyoneal wrote:

This is another update thread for me. :)

I have been cleaning my face using nothing but the castor oil, Evoo and Tea tree oil method since Nov. It has really paid off. Last night I washed my face and decided to take some updated pictures. Ladies, I will NEVER ever use a commercial cleanser on my face again! I believe the trick to it is being consistant. I have to admit at the start my face purged a little but it was supposed to do that. Alot of people when starting to use it complain that it makes their face worst but I believe in some cases the castor oil is working to pull all the dirt out of your pimples...so yes it will look nasty. Anyway here are my before and after pictures.

[IMG]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e8/toneal21/1a98f06a.jpg" height="480" width="640" />

[IMG]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e8/toneal21/a093c504.jpg" height="480" width="640" />

You look great!!
Can you give us the step by step?? Also, does this work even when you have makeup on??
Lastly, what brands of oils did you use (e.g dessert essence etc)
i would like to try this method. My complexion is dull and my skin is really dry and i have tiny pimples/clogged pores. I dont get the bigger pimples per se...just rash like pimples i'd really love to get rid of!
thanks!!

Posted By: *M&M*
Date Posted: Jul 08 2010 at 2:56am
All I can say is wow!! Your skin looks great! Congrats girl! Please Please Please give us more details on your reggie and how you use the oils as a cleanser.

Posted By: Lilnicka4u2nv
Date Posted: Jul 08 2010 at 3:09am

OP your skin looks great!!!

I swear by oil cleansing as well!!!....

Here is the website to get more info on it....I must tell you that you have to find a combo that works for you,and atay consistent...

http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/" rel="no follow - http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/

Posted By: Mishar
Date Posted: Jul 08 2010 at 10:51am
^^^ thanks for the link I will definitely try it.

Posted By: Cream1970
Date Posted: Jul 09 2010 at 6:46pm
Interesting. I have problems with whiteheads. It makes sense that if the skin is softer and the pores are more pliable, the sebum can come out instead of being trapped. ProActiv helped me so much, but since I started wearing weaves last year, my skin is acting up again.

Will try this! Thanks!

Posted By: kwicherbichen
Date Posted: Jul 09 2010 at 7:44pm
There are some websites that tell you like the exact ratio of oils to use, but I am a very SIMPLE and kind of lazy girl.

So, since I have dry/normal skin, I'm supposed to supposedly use 10% castor oil, but I actually just pour a dime-nickel size amount in my hands, put a nickel size amount of EVOO (I used to use coconut oil, but actually, I think EVOO MIGHT work better since OCM never made the pimples disappear OVER NIGHT). Then I just massage it into my face. Then, I put several drops of orange or lemon oil in my hand and then rub THAT into my face (this might also be the reason I get results overnight).

I don't think brand is important. I was actually trying to get JBCO but it was too expensive so I just went to a health store and bought the castor oil that was in the skin aisle. The kind you cannot eat. My EVOO is also just some EVOO, not a particularly high quality one. (One day, I'll have money to be so luxurious lol). My coconut oil, I think, was fairly good quality, but I don't use it for OCM anymore (beside my suspicious of evoo working better, coconut oil is not readily liquid so its just a little bit more annoying). My orange oil is from GNC.

I massage for about 5-10 minutes. The way I massage is based on the shiatsu facial massage technique
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDZ8Tb6M8Lc&feature=related:

Then, I get my hot cloth and place it on my face until its not hot, then I do it again about 3 - 4 times then wipe off the oils. I just got a face steamer, so I hope that will be as effective.

I put my toner.

Then, I put my acne solution. It is the one from lush that is made with aloe vera & tea tree oil. I just put more orange oil and tea tree oil in it and now, its more effective (before, it was just 'ok'). But, OCM would still be excellent without this step.

Then I moisturize with my oil mix from Janelle Beauty and go to sleep. Any extra steps that I add, I have found, do not increase my results overnight.

So that's it. My REAL pimples are gone over night. My cystic acne... I odn't remember since i have not had it in a while (OMG! I Think flaxseed pills are working!), but when I used to use OCM occasionally, I think it reduced the size. And my folliculitis (pimples due to ingrown hairs) are reduced and sometimes removed.

Posted By: *M&M*
Date Posted: Jul 10 2010 at 2:10am
Thank you very much for this very useful information! I am going to try this

Posted By: sparel
Date Posted: Jul 10 2010 at 8:25am
wow wonderful but I have a question you have great results but doesn't oil break you out????

Posted By: sparel
Date Posted: Jul 10 2010 at 9:01am
oh never mind...I want to try this all over my body...

Posted By: Thyckecutie
Date Posted: Jul 10 2010 at 4:11pm
Does this help with dark acne marks as well? Can you mix these 2 ingredients in a bottle for future use or do you have to make a fresh batch every night?

Posted By: latte1384
Date Posted: Jul 11 2010 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by Thyckecutie Thyckecutie wrote:

Does this help with dark acne marks as well? Can you mix these 2 ingredients in a bottle for future use or do you have to make a fresh batch every night?

It should help because most oils don't contain Vit E which helps with Dark spots,so it might be best to try Pure vit e oil.

Posted By: chrissypoo
Date Posted: Jul 12 2010 at 2:07am
WOWClap Your skin completely turned around! I wish this method worked for meCry

Posted By: StarryLady
Date Posted: Jul 12 2010 at 9:55pm
I just started a thread about this in 'Oily Skin' forum.

I tried it tonight for the 1st time. I used 25% Castor Oil and 75% Jojoba Oil with a few drops of Tea Tree Oil.

Okay, so I tried it tonight and my face feels great. It also feels very clean. I am going to do this every night for the next week to see if the results improve.

I have oily skin and right now it doesn't feel oily or dry/irritated, but balanced. This will be my new night time regimen. However, in the morning I will still:

WASH with neutrogena salicylic acid cleansing bar
TONE with witch hazel
MOISTURIZE with jojoba oil

I'll be back with updates...

Posted By: StarryLady
Date Posted: Jul 12 2010 at 9:55pm
Here is a youtube video of the process:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iQo60y912g

Date Posted: Jul 13 2010 at 2:59am
i have been doing this for about 2 or 3 days and i am absolutely loving the results already...idk y i have never heard of this...i use castor oil, pure vit e oil and tea tree oil

Posted By: GoodKarma4me
Date Posted: Jul 14 2010 at 1:05pm
This method is the truth...I tried it last night, and this morning i just wiped my face with a warm cloth. My face feels and looks really smooth, and i am less greasy!!! Thank you for reminding me about this

Posted By: ImThatDiva
Date Posted: Jul 14 2010 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by SheGotHerOwn SheGotHerOwn wrote:

i have been doing this for about 2 or 3 days and i am absolutely loving the results already...idk y i have never heard of this...i use castor oil, pure vit e oil and tea tree oil

lmao me too..after i saw this thread and went to the site..i started on sunday...tonight is night for and i am very satisfied already!!!

Posted By: sunshine321511
Date Posted: Jul 15 2010 at 9:47pm
I"m try this....thanks

Also to the original poster, your skin looks great, I'd love to get where you are.

Posted By: ElectricLady
Date Posted: Jul 17 2010 at 12:18am
YES! Castor oil, olive oil, and black soap has helped my skin so much! Tea tree oil helped too, but my sister stole mine. -.-

Posted By: Hair LIberty
Date Posted: Jul 17 2010 at 9:49pm
You can use coconut oil, olive oil, or shea butter and get the same results. Just be consistent and massage in 2x/day! If you are staying out of the sun (or using sunscreen), any dark spots should be completely gone in 3-4 months.

Posted By: kandi*tess
Date Posted: Jul 18 2010 at 11:20am
WOW...amazing results

Posted By: dOLLish.
Date Posted: Jul 18 2010 at 8:18pm
Bump.

I guess I need to incorporate this into my regimen.

Posted By: NSOROMMA
Date Posted: Jul 19 2010 at 9:12am
Amazing results girl! Tea tree oil is definitely a staple for me. I love it! Castor oil workds well and so does Vitamin E oil! AMAZING!

Posted By: fasheezyshan
Date Posted: Jul 19 2010 at 2:42pm
this sounds great but i have really oily skin and the thought of more oil on it...**shivers** but im still gonna give it a shot!

Posted By: fabulousme
Date Posted: Jul 19 2010 at 3:07pm
Your skin looks AMAZING!!! I've been experiencing breakouts for the last 2wks & nothing seems to be helping & I don't want to get hooked on Proactiv again even though it works I'm going to try this thanks for posting

Posted By: oatsnhoney
Date Posted: Jul 19 2010 at 4:37pm
I began doing this last week and I'm loving it. Thanks for giving me the idea. I had never heard of it before. Op your skin looks great. Good job.

Posted By: chocolate_doll
Date Posted: Jul 20 2010 at 12:08am
Great results. You have nice skin

Date Posted: Jul 20 2010 at 7:52pm
where is the op with an update?

Posted By: HunnyB
Date Posted: Jul 20 2010 at 8:44pm
Thumbs%20UpWhoa....skin like butta!!
Did it clear your acne scars?

Posted By: jadepage04
Date Posted: Jul 31 2010 at 9:25am
Clap

Posted By: *braidbeauty*
Date Posted: Jul 31 2010 at 2:24pm
Thanks for posting. I never knew about this and will def. give it a try. It's great because I already have these things around the house. I will mix my JBCO, EVOO, and vanilla essential oil.

Posted By: film_maker23
Date Posted: Aug 18 2010 at 8:19pm
this is awesome, would love to know how the regime was done

Posted By: calimesmerizer
Date Posted: Aug 19 2010 at 6:21pm
What does OCM stand for?

Posted By: mushrooms
Date Posted: Aug 19 2010 at 8:14pm

oil cleansing method

Here's a link that explains how it's done: http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/" rel="no follow - http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/

I think someone earlier in this thread mentioned a Youtube video showing the process, too.

Posted By: jayjaynonie
Date Posted: Aug 20 2010 at 2:35am
Wow OP great results! Your skin definitely improved Thumbs%20Up

I think I'm going to try castor oil, olive oil, and tea tree oil. I've think I've tried the oil cleanse method once before.

Posted By: Dimples7777
Date Posted: Aug 20 2010 at 11:23pm
The first time I heard about oil cleansing was in a DHC catalog.  I was skeptical, but the OP has achieved great results.  Her skin looks fantastic. Smile

Posted By: Amie
Date Posted: Aug 21 2010 at 8:51am
I was wondering does all castor oil work that way for your skin or a certain brand and what brand are u ladies using

Posted By: wildbouthair
Date Posted: Aug 26 2010 at 4:00pm
Great Results!

Posted By: Fashion+Diva
Date Posted: Sep 01 2010 at 12:16pm
OP....Thanx for the info and your skin looks fab

Posted By: Enves2u
Date Posted: Sep 22 2010 at 9:51am
Just wanted to say I started using this method this week. I love the way my skin feels afterwards. Hoping to see the dark spots disappear soon...

Posted By: LaidBak
Date Posted: Oct 22 2010 at 9:02am
I tried this once before using EVOO and tea tree oil (I'm acne prone).  I think I used too much Tea Tree because I always had an uncomfortable burning sensation afterward.  My face got worse but I guess it was purging.  The OP's skin looks awesome.  She is making me want to try again.  

Posted By: HairIam
Date Posted: Nov 11 2010 at 9:45am
Now that the weather is changing and my skin was acting up I got on this. Best ever, no commercial products clear my skin and keeps it soft and healthy as OCM does. I love it and it's dirt cheap.

Posted By: VJaiBrown
Date Posted: Nov 14 2010 at 1:09pm
OP, your skin is that deal!

I'm really interested in this method, but I want to do it on my arms and back. I wonder if it will be just as effective? And I'm pregnant so I'm also wondering if this is safe to do while expecting.
< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" ="">

Posted By: velle1203
Date Posted: Nov 14 2010 at 9:13pm
yea i think the oil would be safe but be consisted i stopped or didnt make the water hot enough anf got 3 lil pimples ugh

Posted By: dchristi214
Date Posted: Nov 20 2010 at 1:17pm
Wonderful results!

Posted By: Astrosfan
Date Posted: Nov 22 2010 at 5:17pm
Amazing results!

I've started trying this and I like how my skin looks after wards (minus the pimples and junk). How long should I do this method for before deciding that this method probably won't help clear my face?

Posted By: choco_lips
Date Posted: Nov 23 2010 at 12:53pm
Can i use JBCO instead of castor oil?

Posted By: MissMesha
Date Posted: Nov 27 2010 at 2:29am
Originally posted by choco_lips choco_lips wrote:

Can i use JBCO instead of castor oil?

I would assume you can. JBCO is great for skin conditions.

Posted By: solena
Date Posted: Nov 27 2010 at 6:20am
damn! how did i miss this? im convinced op your skin looks great.

Posted By: AraimaiAria
Date Posted: Nov 30 2010 at 2:13pm
Does the OCM help with skin discoloration / hyperpigmentation or just acne?  And if so, what oil mixture would be good for that particular problem?

Thanks in advance Wink

Posted By: jazzybee445
Date Posted: Dec 05 2010 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by kwicherbichen kwicherbichen wrote:

Hey! orange oil helps get rid of acne??

Posted By: jazzybee445
Date Posted: Dec 05 2010 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by AraimaiAria AraimaiAria wrote:

Does the OCM help with skin discoloration / hyperpigmentation or just acne?  And if so, what oil mixture would be good for that particular problem?

Thanks in advance Wink
Hey i have skin discoloration and hyperpigmentation and i have been using lemon, aloe vera juice and green tea as a face mask! Honestly it has worked mircales for my skin.. if i can find some i will post picture on another thread if you'd like.. I made a thread about the recipe in the skin care forum and i also made a youtube video showing how i make it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF-1uGauQEM

Posted By: swissmiss
Date Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 9:40pm
anyone still using this method?

Posted By: shariblades
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 7:05pm
bump

Print Page | Close Window