Forum Name: Braids
Forum Description: General Discussion on Braids
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=264332
Printed Date: Nov 17 2018 at 12:38am

Topic: Help, Hair sticking out of braids
Posted By: craftyNcrazy
Subject: Help, Hair sticking out of braids
Date Posted: Jun 14 2010 at 10:42am
I need to know what to do to smooth down these hairs that are sticking out of most of the braids.  This was my first time attempting this.

Replies:
Posted By: yurika975
Date Posted: Jun 14 2010 at 1:04pm
hmm maybe try a bit of light gel and tie down with a silk or satin scarf....

Posted By: craftyNcrazy
Date Posted: Jun 15 2010 at 8:57am
Thanks,  I'll try that.

My husband told me to go buy weave glue and use that to smooth the sticking out ends down.

Posted By: DivaMelody
Date Posted: Jun 15 2010 at 12:53pm
Do not use weave glue.  That is the craziest think I have ever heard.  You can either spritz with a light holding spray and tie down with a scarf as I do or use gel.   I prefer clear gel but most gel dries into flakes .  I prefer a light spritz of holding spray(Pump It Up is good) and then tie down.  All the stray hairs with disappear .   Follow up by tying down either every night or as often as youc an to keep neat for the life of braids.  spritzing nightly isnt necessary and will leave buildup.

Posted By: dashi
Date Posted: Jun 15 2010 at 4:48pm
You will get  better with time, but the only thing I can think of is use a warm towl and sort of press down the hair, this is what my braider does after trimming off all the fly aways, I wouldn't suggest cutting them off as there is a lot of them and they appear to start very close to your roots.

Posted By: Pynkdiamonds
Date Posted: Jun 25 2010 at 9:51am
I suggest doing the braids smaller..I also do my braids when my hair is wet and aloe vera gel..and when it dries it will all dry together. U will get better with time..but so far so good!!

Posted By: Roro
Date Posted: Jul 07 2010 at 5:09pm
Use mouse/spritz/or hair spray and a scarf...apply the mouse or spray the spray all over the areas u have frizz, then tie down the hair with a scarf(preferable satin or silk, but any non-cotton smooth fabric) or one of those head tie doo-rag thingies and let drv for at least 30 minutes

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Jul 08 2010 at 5:38pm
why would your hubby say that? LOL? does he know someone who has done this? that is wild?

Posted By: Swift
Date Posted: Jul 21 2010 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Pynkdiamonds Pynkdiamonds wrote:

I suggest doing the braids smaller..I also do my braids when my hair is wet and aloe vera gel..and when it dries it will all dry together. U will get better with time..but so far so good!!

ITA!

Next time, do them on wet/damp hair and use product. AND make them smaller.

The gel-n-scarf method works well w/flyaways.  Ecostyler gel is a good, non-alcoholic gel that a lot of naturals swear by.  It works w/o flaking.  I use the clear kind but they also have an olive oil one (greenish color) that works pretty well.

And PLEASE don't use hair glue on your strands!!

Posted By: thatChicDrine
Date Posted: Aug 15 2010 at 1:31pm

use a mousse and tie your braids down with a silk/satin scarf over night..and you should be good...dont use mousse everynight...like it was previously mentioned  you'll get a nasty buildup!!!! -- NEVER EVER USE HAIR GLUE!!!IT WILL MESS UP YOUR NATURAL HAIR..

Posted By: ladyduzy
Date Posted: Sep 13 2010 at 7:51am
Originally posted by craftyNcrazy craftyNcrazy wrote:

Thanks,  I'll try that.

My husband told me to go buy weave glue and use that to smooth the sticking out ends down.

LOL LMAOOO00o, n when you literally glue your hair to your braids, what would he recommend to unravel them. also it would be very sticky all the time

I would suggest that next time u braid you hair make sure all the strands r the same length that way u don't get these much fly aways or, dip it in some hot waterTongue

Posted By: cutie17
Date Posted: Sep 19 2010 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Pynkdiamonds Pynkdiamonds wrote:

this

Print Page | Close Window