Print Page | Close Window

Women of Excellence 2010: Do we want this gospel?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: My Spirituality
Forum Name: My Experiences
Forum Description: Share Your Spritual Expereinces
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=264028
Printed Date: Oct 31 2020 at 2:28pm

Topic: Women of Excellence 2010: Do we want this gospel?
Posted By: Sidney
Subject: Women of Excellence 2010: Do we want this gospel?
Date Posted: Jun 12 2010 at 9:30am

Hey Ladies,

I was meditating on the word this morning and I came across Matthew 6:33.  Because I get christian ADD sometimes0, I got a few more translations to get the relevation. This is the scripture I know: 

http://kingjbible.com/matthew/6.htm" rel="no follow - King James Bible
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.  Here are the translations that stood out to me.    http://weymouthbible.com/matthew/6.htm" rel="no follow - Weymouth

New Testament
But make His Kingdom and righteousness your chief aim, and then these things shall all be given you in addition.

http://basicenglishbible.com/matthew/6.htm" rel="no follow - Bible in Basic English
But let your first care be for his kingdom and his righteousness; and all these other things will be given to you in addition

http://gwt.scripturetext.com/matthew/6.htm" rel="no follow - GOD'S WORD® Translation http://www.godsword.org/" rel="no follow - (©1995)
But first, be concerned about his kingdom and what has his approval. Then all these things will be provided for you.

The context of the scripture is this, "Take no thought for what you will eat and what we will drink, or how you will be clothed.  Because your heaviliy father knows ye have need of these things."  I was thinking if God says "take no thought" for these things, then what is this gospel message that is  being preached today about God wanting us to "claim this house," or "claim this car," and this great success and that one.  Ladies, this is not the gospel!  When Christ came to the earth his goal was not to get get the perfect job, house, and spouse for Peter, Paul, and James.  His goal was to disciple them so that they can win others for Christ!  They sought first, the kingdom of God!  The whole new testament is about the kingdom of God, that is the gospel! 

If you really study the lives of the the disciples, nowhere do I see the preoccupation with "stuff."  I just don't see it.  We all have seen in our own lives that God does give us the desires of our hearts.  I'm not telling you to drop out of dental school or sell your stuff and be a pauper,0 but blessings come because you are in Christ!  Our mission here is NOT the accumulation of stuff, that is not our 1st focus.  We are to seek his Kindom first!  Imagine if God could get a handful of people who were sold-out for the gospel and not their own desires (I'm talking about myself too).  People who will set their prayers on his affections and not their own.   That is the central message of christianity, that is how we love Christ with all are hearts and souls.  Christ told Peter, if you love me..."Feed my sheep."  God's people are where the heart of God resides. 

This gospel that they preach today has gotten us to the point that we don't want to go through anything.  We have people abroad internationally who are being persecuted and dying for the right to pass out bibles.  But here, if God doesn't give us this blessing we prayed for, we're angry.  If we lose the job or the eviction notice comes, "where is God, why doesn't he care." Folks are about to walk away from the faith because he hasn't answered some desire yet.  Or if we're single for maybe 10 years we can't use this tiny bit of time to let God get the full glory out of us, even though we'll be married 50 or 60 years.  I don't know what is being preached these days, but the bible says the kingdom of heaven suffers violence.  You will have to wait on some things.  You will be denied somethings  You will have to go through some things.!

In fact, Matthew 16:24-25 says: If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life shall lose it, and whoever desires to lose his life for My sake shall find it.  Taking up your cross and dying to your desires, dyingto your time-line is the gospel.  Sometimes you will suffer.  Sometimes you will have to go through somethings. That is the gospel!

Let's take a look a the disciple, Peter.  He wrote, 1Peter 1:6-7 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, yet a little while, if need be, grieving in manifold temptations; so that the trial of your faith [being much more precious than that of gold that perishes, but being proven through fire]might be found to praise and honor and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ.  That is the gospel, that Peter says that we are to REJOICE IN SUFFERING0 so that God can work out your faith because it's precious to him than gold. 

In Isaiah 43:2, God says "When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee."  What that tells me is that you are to have to go through the waters sometimes.  Sometimes you are going to have to pass through the fire, that means you are going to go through......But God says thou shalt not be burned!  God says he will never leave or forsake you.  Real faith is believing that he will never forsake you when you feel like the waters have overcome you!  Real faith is not believing for that house, that's what they teach you on tv.   

Let me tell you, many people are going to walk away from the faith.  Many people are going to doubt his existence because he's not doing things the way they feel a loving and caring God will do things.  But God says "my thoughts are not your thoughts, my ways are not your ways."  You must trust that all things that happen to you can be used for the good of you, because you are in Christ Jesus. 

Okay wow, didn't mean to say all that.  I just wanted to come in just to say "seek ye first the kingdom00."  Lord knows I'm not a preacher, but I got excited when I typed this up!  Be encouraged ladies!!!   Seek ye first the kingdom of God!  And I pray, that you do really want this gospel.  Because my bible says that if we suffer with him we shall also be glorified with him.  2 Timothy 2:12 says that if we endure with him, we shall also reign with him! 

If tribulation comes your way, may you be like Paul and declare as he did in Romans 8:35:  Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?  As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are counted as sheep for the slaughter.  Nay,in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us! 

Replies:
Posted By: mangachan
Date Posted: Jun 12 2010 at 3:07pm

Excellent post! 

I also agree with your comments about the whole" name it and claim it" deal.  I didn't name and claim my car until I got a word from God.  The purpose of naming things is that you are speaking the words of God...you are doing it according to His will and in His time...NOT just because you want it really really bad.  I could have "named and claimed" that bad boy 2 years ago but it would have been in the flesh and therefore would have been wasted breath.

Posted By: ChrANGist
Date Posted: Jun 12 2010 at 5:07pm
Bless the Holy Name of Jesus! Good word.

Posted By: nyqueene
Date Posted: Jun 13 2010 at 12:46am
I hope u r sharing this excellent word through other channels. This is powerful.

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Dec 27 2015 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Sidney Sidney wrote:

what is this gospel message that is  being preached today about God wanting us to "claim this house," or "claim this car," and this great success and that one.  Ladies, this is not the gospel!  ! 

If you really study the lives of the the disciples, nowhere do I see the preoccupation with "stuff."  I'm not telling you to drop out of dental school or sell your stuff and be a pauper, but blessings come because you are in Christ!  Our mission here is NOT the accumulation of stuff, that is not our 1st focus.  We are to seek his Kingdom first! 

This gospel that they preach today has gotten us to the point that we don't want to go through anything.   if God doesn't give us this blessing we prayed for, we're angry.  If we lose the job or the eviction notice comes, "where is God, why doesn't he care." Folks are about to walk away from the faith because God hasn't answered some desire yet.  You will have to wait on some things.  You will be denied somethings  You will have to go through some things.!

If tribulation comes your way, may you be like Paul and declare as he did in Romans 8:35:  Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?  As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are counted as sheep for the slaughter.  Nay,in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us! 

Clap

Print Page | Close Window