Forum Description: General Discussions on Natural Hair Care
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=262796
Printed Date: May 20 2018 at 7:49am

Topic: Product Review - Aubrey Honeysuckle and Rose SH/CD
Posted By: Organic
Subject: Product Review - Aubrey Honeysuckle and Rose SH/CD
Date Posted: Jun 05 2010 at 2:31pm
Two words: GET IT!

I ran across a blog yesterday evening detailing the Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle and Rose Shampoo and Conditioner. After reading the raving review, I did an online search for other reviews to corroborate the first one. I found tons of them LOL. Inspired, I trolled Amazon and  Vitacost at 2am to place an order lol.

Anywho, I woke up today and went product junkie shopping (don't judge me Stern%20Smile). I went to The Vitamin Shoppe, and lo and behold, I SAW THE PRODUCTS! I grabbed the shampoo and conditioner, pushed a little old woman out of the way and jumped over a 2 year old in my haste to reach the register. The total was about $17 or so (not bad!)...and I sped home to wash my hair (it is 90 degrees here today...my hair had been sweating as I had been out for 4 hours trolling for products lol).

The products smell great, and  A LITTLE BIT GOES A LONG WAY Shocked! I had read that the shampoo doesn't lather due to it not containing any sodium laureth sulfate, but I actually had quite a bit of lather in my head (I'm special).

I immediately noticed that my hair felt stripped...it felt completely naked, and so clean that it actually squeaked ConfusedLOLOuchBig%20smile...seriously Stern%20Smile. It really did squeak.

I began to doubt the conditioner at this point. Surely it would have to do a dang good job at moisturizing my hair since it is so...well...bare. I thoughts that since the shampoo had pretty much eliminated any 'oil' or softness from my hair, that the conditioner would simply not be able to replenish any moisture or softness. I cried a little, but pressed on.

I rinsed my hair.

I used a small (nickle amount, first) amount of the conditioner. I felt my heart stop as it touched my hair LOLLOLLOL.

This.stuff.is.the.bomb.diggidy.

OMG...the conditioner...it was like magic. Somehow, this little bit of conditioner not only slid across the bulk of my hair, but I could feel it working instantly. To say I'm impressed is an understatement. I enjoyed the experience so much that I added a quarter size amount of conditioner to my hand and began playfully slapping it into my head LOL. I was giggling and kicking my heels in the shower, enjoying the feeling of not only soft hair, but deeply moisturized hair. I rinsed, and my hair retained the moisture.

The best way I can describe the way these two products work in unison would be akin to Velcro...the shampoo being the loops, and the conditioner the hooks that attach to the loops.

These products are number 1 on my list...and seriously, I'm throwing my other shampoo's away.

Get it.

Shampoo Ingredients: Deionized Water, Coconut Oil-Corn Oil Soap, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein (made from organic, non-GMO soybeans), Organic Aloe Vera, Carrageenan, Honeysuckle Oil, Organic Rosa Mosqueta® Rose Hip Seed Oil; Extracts of Fennel, Hops, Balm Mint, Mistletoe, Camomile, Yarrow, Ginkgo, Ginseng, Angelica, Chrysanthemum, Magnolia, Horsetail, Coltsfoot and Forsythia; Vegetable Glycerin, Sweet Almond Oil, Linoleic Acid (Vitamin F), Vitamin E, Aloe Vera Oil, Macadamia Nut Oil, Organic Rosemary Oil, Organic Sage Oil, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).

Conditioner Ingredients: Coconut Fatty Acid Cream Base, Organic Aloe Vera, Organic Shea Butter, Wheat Germ Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Organic Rosa Mosqueta® Rose Hip Seed Oil; Extracts of Fennel, Hops, Balm Mint, Mistletoe, Camomile, Yarrow, Chrysanthemum, Angelica, Forsythia and Magnolia; Honeysuckle Oil, Carrot Oil, Aubrey’s Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).

Replies:
Date Posted: Jun 05 2010 at 2:34pm
...oh, and my hair smells so good LOL.

Posted By: Heavy Rotation
Date Posted: Jun 05 2010 at 6:23pm
ah, this is great to hear.... i am thinking of trying it...folks have been raving abt it in diff threads.

Posted By: Lilnicka4u2nv
Date Posted: Jun 05 2010 at 6:26pm
Ive been dying to try this...

Posted By: Kasmile86
Date Posted: Jun 06 2010 at 3:00pm
I like this combo.  I have been using the shampoo since the beginning of my natural journey (september 09) and it stripped my hair.  About a month ago I finally purchased the conditioner and using them together is wonderful.  Also I enjoy getting wifts of my hair smelling the combo as I walk down the street.

Posted By: danniekay
Date Posted: Jun 08 2010 at 8:47am
Thumbs%20Up  Yes the conditioner is definitely one of my staple products.  I Heart it!!!

Date Posted: Jun 08 2010 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Kasmile86 Kasmile86 wrote:

I like this combo.  I have been using the shampoo since the beginning of my natural journey (september 09) and it stripped my hair.  About a month ago I finally purchased the conditioner and using them together is wonderful.  Also I enjoy getting wifts of my hair smelling the combo as I walk down the street.

LOL Ditto. I let my s/o use some, and he asked if bees would be following him around. It made his hair soft, too...and his hair is extremely dry.

BHM has changed the state of his hair. He saw me using coconut oil one day, so he went out and made his own concoction of organic coconut oil, olive oil, tea tree oil, and something else that I can't remember. It works SO good, and his scalp is flake-free...his hair looks a lot healthier now as well. His combo stinks,  but it works good.

Date Posted: Jun 08 2010 at 10:48am
Originally posted by danniekay danniekay wrote:

Thumbs%20Up  Yes the conditioner is definitely one of my staple products.  I Heart it!!!

Hey, Dannie!

Does it leave a white film on your hair? Maybe it's just me, but I don't rinse all the conditioner out (I keep some in to keep my hair moisturized)...but I get build-up immediately. It could be my sealants, though...I'm still learning how to wash, condition, moisturize, and seal.

Date Posted: Jun 08 2010 at 10:52am

does the condi have 'cones in it?

Date Posted: Jun 08 2010 at 10:52am
Originally posted by Lilnicka4u2nv Lilnicka4u2nv wrote:

Ive been dying to try this...

You have to try it...this stuff is amazing. I've honestly never felt any conditioner like it before...not even Nexxus Humectress can touch it LOL.

It's so heavy and thick that if you turn the bottle upside down, the conditioner will not come out. I was fighting like heck slamming the bottle againt my hand middle to force some out, and the bottle is completely full LOL. Just a tad goes a long way, and it has excellent slip.

...I've washed and conditioned my hair every day since Saturday Stern%20Smile. I've never been this happy about a hair product before...ConfusedConfusedConfusedOuch.

LAWD I can't wait til my Qhemet items reach!!! *weeeeeeee*

Date Posted: Jun 08 2010 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Heavy Rotation Heavy Rotation wrote:

does the condi have 'cones in it?

Hey HeavyRotation Smile,

Nope, no cones. Here are the ingredients. I'll put this in the OP as well Smile.

Coconut Fatty Acid Cream Base, Organic Aloe Vera, Organic Shea Butter, Wheat Germ Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Organic Rosa Mosqueta® Rose Hip Seed Oil; Extracts of Fennel, Hops, Balm Mint, Mistletoe, Camomile, Yarrow, Chrysanthemum, Angelica, Forsythia and Magnolia; Honeysuckle Oil, Carrot Oil, Aubrey’s Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).

Posted By: rowenah14
Date Posted: Jun 08 2010 at 11:30am
Wow, this sounds great! I'm going to have to try it:)

Date Posted: Jun 08 2010 at 11:45am
thx, organic!  this fits my bill....i've been looking for a good no 'cone condi so this is great. thanks! Big%20smile

Posted By: Krystle~Hime
Date Posted: Jun 10 2010 at 7:49pm
yeah girl !! i've also just received my package with 2 honeysuckle rose conditionners, didn't have the time to cowashing so i did somethin weird(i've never done it before)
i mix water and the honeysuckle conditionner and put it in my hair as a leave in(it was weird for me to use a conditioner like a hair leave in cream)

AND
my hair was so soft for HOURS !! i luv it baby,
for replyin to your question, it was totally pure white but it hasn't leave white residue in my hair, totally not.

actually i'm trying it as a overnight DC.
but i'm sure and so happy that's the best product i've ever tried

Posted By: ElectricLady
Date Posted: Jun 10 2010 at 8:22pm
YES, GIRL! Clap Isn't it the best?
It makes my hair dance! As for the shampoos, I don't think I can deal with the shampoos. See, I keep hearing too often that the shampoos strip the hair and frankly, my hair isn't going to deal with that. I'm not trying to get us both fucked up! Dead

Posted By: sugaplum
Date Posted: Sep 14 2012 at 11:47pm
Oooh thanks for this review. I have to try this!

Posted By: starnonymous
Date Posted: Sep 15 2012 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by sugaplum sugaplum wrote:

Don't bother. The founder of the company passed away and his successors changed the ingredients to:

Aqua, cetyl alcohol, alcohol denat. (38b, lavender*), butyrospermum parkii (shea butter)*, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ oil, lonicera caprifolium (honeysuckle) extract, aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf juice*, glycerin, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil*, rosa rubignosa (Rosa Mosqueta®) seed oil*, citrus grandis (grapefruit) extract, tocopheryl acetate, foeniculum vulgare (fennel) fruit extract, humulus lupulus (hops) extract, melissa officinalis (balm mint) leaf extract, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, daucus carota sativa (carrot) root extract, beta-carotene, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, angelica archangelica extract, chrysanthemum sinense flower extract, magnolia biondii flower extract, ascorbic acid

Reading this list gives me a headache lol

Posted By: Lilnicka4u2nv
Date Posted: Sep 16 2012 at 12:15am
My hair no likey this stuff....shea butter does nothing but sit on my naps...

-------------

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Sep 16 2012 at 2:10am
Originally posted by starnonymous starnonymous wrote:

Originally posted by sugaplum sugaplum wrote:

Don't bother. The founder of the company passed away and his successors changed the ingredients to:

Aqua, cetyl alcohol, alcohol denat. (38b, lavender*), butyrospermum parkii (shea butter)*, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ oil, lonicera caprifolium (honeysuckle) extract, aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf juice*, glycerin, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil*, rosa rubignosa (Rosa Mosqueta®) seed oil*, citrus grandis (grapefruit) extract, tocopheryl acetate, foeniculum vulgare (fennel) fruit extract, humulus lupulus (hops) extract, melissa officinalis (balm mint) leaf extract, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, daucus carota sativa (carrot) root extract, beta-carotene, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, angelica archangelica extract, chrysanthemum sinense flower extract, magnolia biondii flower extract, ascorbic acid

Reading this list gives me a headache lol

Why in the world would they add denatured alcohol?  And why change a good thing?  Le sigh...  Thankfully I didn't stop by Vitamin Shoppe on my way to work and purchased this or I would have been one irate customer.

-------------
Laws are not written to protect children and women. They are written to protect MEN. - TokyoRose (truncated unfortunately)

Posted By: diva84
Date Posted: Sep 18 2012 at 9:54pm
Ugh, so close.  If not for the alcohols and witch hazel, it would probably still be a good product Cry

Posted By: bbthamd
Date Posted: Sep 23 2012 at 11:08pm
Lawd, Jesus......NOOOOOOO!!!! They bet not touch my touch my jojoba and aloe conditioner nor my GPB conditioner!!! I really liked the way AOHSR conditioner but my scalp does not play nice with shea butter, hence the switch to the jojoba and aloe conditioner.

-------------
Last Relaxer: 5/26/2009

Big Chop: 1/23/2010

Date Posted: Nov 30 2012 at 10:03pm
i just tried the conditioner two weeks ago and my hair felt really soft. it is definitely one of my fave condi's.

not sure why they changed the formula, but the denatured alcohol serves as a solvent...depending on the country of distribution, certain ingredients have to be stated in their entirety instead of being lumped together (e.g., creamy coconut base).

-------------
Natural Hair Girls do it curled up.

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Nov 30 2012 at 10:27pm
I do like this conditioner a lot. Very thick and creamy. However, despite the thickness, I didn't find that it gave me the slip I needed to detangle my hair, for some reason. I would buy it again but if my hair is tangled, I find HE Hello Hydration just can't be beat. I use the Aubrey AFTER I'm done detangling with the HE

Posted By: bebe88
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 5:17am
I don't use shampoos but yes I loooove the condish

-------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/BrittaneyRachel

Print Page | Close Window