Print Page | Close Window

Lace vs. half-wig synthetic hair?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Hair Care
Forum Name: Wigs
Forum Description: Discussions on Wigs.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=262721
Printed Date: Aug 14 2018 at 10:42am

Topic: Lace vs. half-wig synthetic hair?
Posted By: Tira
Subject: Lace vs. half-wig synthetic hair?
Date Posted: Jun 04 2010 at 10:22pm
Anyone who has worn both, is there a difference in the quality of the hair? Especially as far as chances of tangling or shedding? I've never done synthetic LFs before, but in some of the pics I've seen the hair looks different. 

Replies:
Posted By: Curlie
Date Posted: Jun 04 2010 at 11:22pm
I have both human hair and synthetic lace wigs .   human hair is better but synthetic is nice as well they both seem to get tangle.  I've seen a couple of youtube videos on halfwigs as well as hairsisters.com and now I want to get a whole bunch for the summer theh versatile seems awesome and super affordable I could get 10 or more halfwigs for the price of one human hair lace wig.  You can wear down and as a ponytail I think I'm in love I haven't worn any yet but I will be soon lol LOL

Posted By: sunshine321511
Date Posted: Jun 05 2010 at 7:33am
I am so glad you posted this topic.  I used to wear more syn. half wigs and had to STOP...cause the styles were the BOMB but the shine on many of them were TOO MUCH.  I know there are "steps" to remove the shine but for me....in the house the shine might "look" like it is GONE...but when you get in the office under the flouresent lights....the shine is BACK.

When I say "the shine is back"...I mean in the office or in the sun outside or on the train...the hair looks shiney....which for me....makes it look fake.....I'll never forget I had on a bad JANET half wig....thought I Had the shine down....was at the mall...and this lady said....to her friend....you should get a wig like hers....CryCryCry.....that is NOT COOL.....and I had my edges freshly permed, flat ironed, etc etc....but in the bright lights of the MALL...the shine was back....

THen I tried to wash or should i say...SOAK the hair in fabric softner or conditionor or some say vinegar...etc to REMOVE THE SHINE....BUT the curls are not the same and the style does not look the same.

SO I have moved to human hair wigs cause I can do something with it, I can curl it etc.  But I don't know why but the styles are not as FLY in the human wigs.....at least not the ones I can afford.....Cause I ain't paying 100+ for a wig....I just can't do that right NOW

The human have less shine.  Now the lace....I am just going into this new ARENA...but....I do not intend to wear glue or tape.

I'm thinking the lace wigs may appear flater.  So I plan to leave out maybe 1-2 inches and wear it like a normal half wig. Of course, I'm have to cutoff the lace but I want to wear it like a regular half wig.  We will see how this "WORKS".

There are so many pretty synt half wigs but...these companies have a WAY to go towards making them look more natural. 

Posted By: hkdiva
Date Posted: Jun 05 2010 at 8:13am
I agree they need to do something about that.  I don't know about the human hair/synthetic blends, that might be an option.  However the shine is really bad when you're outside, inside you are cool, but step outside and it screams doll hair.   I was at a graduation Tuesday and I could spot all the half wigs/lace fronts because of the shine.

Posted By: sunshine321511
Date Posted: Jun 05 2010 at 9:32am
HKDIva ain't never lie....I am on the DC metro train in the evenings after work and LAUD....so many sisters hair be GLEAMING with shine...and you can tell from half way down the car that they have on a WIG.  AUGH...

I hate that...and its been ME...in the past so I'm not joking.  THe only syn that to me look better are the curly ones and I"m talking about a rod set type wig like coconut girl or bali girl....but if its a straight style with curls....ITS A WRAP...

Yes, the you tubes look good but...you test it...take the wig outside...in the SUN...and see for yourself what it LOOKS LIKE....

Posted By: Tira
Date Posted: Jun 05 2010 at 5:26pm
I hate the obvious shine, I try to sit my wigs out for a couple days to knock the shine off. I was wondering if they use a different type of synthetic hair for the lacefronts. the hair seems nicer than half-wig synthetic. I was thinking about buying one to wear behind my hairline. 

Posted By: Miss ViVi
Date Posted: Jun 05 2010 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by Tira Tira wrote:

Anyone who has worn both, is there a difference in the quality of the hair? Especially as far as chances of tangling or shedding? I've never done synthetic LFs before, but in some of the pics I've seen the hair looks different. 

I don't think there's a difference other than it being more hair (full wig).  The hair will tangle with wear, the hair pattern/style and length. 

Shedding for me, varied from wig to wig for both of them.  I've had wigs where as soon as I pulled it out the bag it had some shedding, others where there was very little shedding.

Print Page | Close Window