Forum Name: Sensitive Skin
Forum Description: Discussions on Sensitive Skin
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=256205
Printed Date: Oct 14 2019 at 8:59am

Topic: Summer rashes/breakouts
Posted By: bellacnella
Subject: Summer rashes/breakouts
Date Posted: Apr 29 2010 at 4:03am

Do you guys find you sensitive skin flaring up in the summer?  i always get a heat rash on my face along with "sugar spots." what can i do for this?

Replies:
Posted By: dOLLish.
Date Posted: Apr 30 2010 at 7:56pm
Yes! I made a thread about this in the Break Outs section. I get a flare up every summer. Sometimes it's on my face, other times it's on my fingers. This spring it decides to come early and on my face Thumbs%20Down

I think it's eczema, but it could be a rash. What do you do to treat yours?

Date Posted: May 01 2010 at 2:33am
i put hydrocortisone over the counter cream , and i take a benadryl bc its usually very itchy.  im not sure if it helps, cuz i usually have to wait it out anyway...

Date Posted: May 01 2010 at 2:33am
ima check out your thread

Date Posted: May 02 2010 at 5:17pm
I've been using the same thing, minus the Benadryl. (I was actually using the Benadryl cream). I usually have to wait it out as well, but I don't want to suffer with it all summer.

I wish there was something that could clear it up faster.

Date Posted: May 10 2010 at 6:15pm
damn i keep forgetting about this thread!
i keep looking at my youtube video from jan...my skin was so clear!

Date Posted: May 11 2010 at 5:06pm
I haven't had clear skin is such a while, but I'm constantly reminiscing about it (when I actually had flawless skin). Cry

How has your rash/breakout been coming along? Is it responding to products you're using?

Date Posted: May 14 2010 at 12:35am
it cleared a little but it's still here :(

Date Posted: May 17 2010 at 12:11pm
Mine too.. How long have you had yours and how long does it usually last? Mine looks like it's trying to clear up; it doesn't look as bad as it did mid-April...but it's also almost a month later.. Hopefully it's gone soon - as well as these dark spots the rash left.

Posted By: tiavalentine
Date Posted: May 17 2010 at 9:04pm
I use the children's Benadryl because it's chewable and works faster. They used to make the Benadryl called fast melt for adults but I haven't been able to find it, don't know if they decided to not carry it anymore.

Date Posted: Jun 04 2010 at 8:38pm
well i guess I just gotta wait until fall to have flawless skin... :(

Date Posted: Jul 02 2010 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by bellacnella bellacnella wrote:

well i guess I just gotta wait until fall to have flawless skin... :(
That sucks, doesn't it? I've accepted this a well. It sucks seeing flawless skin when people are showing it off and feeling like you have to cover up or hide yours. I feel your pain, OP.

Date Posted: Jul 02 2010 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by tiavalentine tiavalentine wrote:

I use the children's Benadryl because it's chewable and works faster. They used to make the Benadryl called fast melt for adults but I haven't been able to find it, don't know if they decided to not carry it anymore.
And this cleared up your rash/stopped your break outs?

Posted By: Moria
Date Posted: Jul 02 2010 at 1:17pm
My 4head(where I sweat the most)...erupted something terrible in this heat, lots of tiny bumps. smh...

Date Posted: Jul 02 2010 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by Moria Moria wrote:

My 4head(where I sweat the most)...erupted something terrible in this heat, lots of tiny bumps. smh...
I have them on my cheeks and chin and even some on the sides of my face Confused Which is unusual because I've never experienced break outs in that area of my face. I'm hoping, since these bumps aren't blackheads or whiteheads, and some of them don't contain gunk, that they go away . . . immediately. It seems like it flares up, then dies down. And when I think: "Yes, it's finally cleared up," it flares up again.

I can already tell this won't be my summer Ouch

Posted By: un4getableview
Date Posted: Aug 23 2010 at 11:58am
i had this summer 08... it was a mild breakout of excema and acne mixed... omg it was terrible... no i am fighting spots... slowly but surely i am making progress... i used cetaphil to wash my face.... my dr provided this wash and cream and wipes... i dont know the name at all of any... but cetaphil is good. i use dove unscented for my body. anything else is gonna make me flip and. sensitive skin sucks...products are more expensive for us

Print Page | Close Window