Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Hair Care
Forum Name: Hair Styling
Forum Description: Hair Styling Topics and Discussions
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=249843
Printed Date: Feb 18 2018 at 3:50am

Topic: Whats the best cheap flat iron?
Posted By: teendiva
Subject: Whats the best cheap flat iron?
Date Posted: Mar 26 2010 at 1:55pm
By CHEAP I mean less than $30. I'm not ready to dive in and buy the CHI.

Andis any good?

Replies:
Posted By: love_akihsoy
Date Posted: Mar 26 2010 at 5:38pm
I have a jilbere de paris from Sally's and it was btw $30 and $40.... I think they have models btw $20 and $30....

Posted By: adayray
Date Posted: Mar 26 2010 at 8:27pm
I use http://www.conaircanada.ca/en/product.php?state=products&page=haircare&item_id=633&product_id=633&cat_id=6" rel="no follow - this one by Conair, and I absolutely love it! I got it for 30$ at walmart (in canada, so it will probably be even cheaper in the states) and it works very well. It is different than most flat irons since it has little "picks" or bristles on the inside of one of the "walls" so that it combs through and seperates your hair WHILE straightening. This allows all of your strands to be adequately straightened well...also, it has a setting that allows you to flat iron wet hair... I hope the above link works! Tongue

Posted By: ThorntonCutie
Date Posted: Mar 26 2010 at 9:32pm
Babyliss at Marshalls.

Posted By: MilionDollaGirL
Date Posted: Mar 28 2010 at 6:06pm
conair 25 chi when catching an online sale 55.

Posted By: babytaz369
Date Posted: Apr 11 2010 at 10:43am
Andis works great! I got mine for $15 at walmart 3 years ago and it is still working well. No need to spend $100 on a chi. I bought one of those and it died on me less than a year later.

Posted By: thatnyckhick
Date Posted: Apr 20 2010 at 11:10am
I loved my andis, i still have it but no longer use it. it did chip a bit on me and start to snag my hair, but that was very, very infrequently. I've since bought an FHI and there is a marked difference in the outcome but if you're not flat ironing a lot an Andis can definitely do the job.

Posted By: Jenn
Date Posted: May 11 2010 at 3:07am
Originally posted by love_akihsoy love_akihsoy wrote:

I have a jilbere de paris from Sally's and it was btw $30 and $40.... I think they have models btw $20 and $30....

This. Second to my Sedu, it's the best iron I've ever owned. I used it for five years straight, and it's never failed me. The only reason I stopped using it is because my hair changed and I stopped getting the results I wanted, plus, I wanted a slimmer iron. Thirty to forty bucks is well worth the investment.

Posted By: Luxurie0
Date Posted: May 11 2010 at 12:13pm
Redd flat irons are also good, you can pick one up at your local bss and they range from 20-30 dollars 

Posted By: Kim_2010
Date Posted: May 13 2010 at 8:26pm
walmarttttttttt

Posted By: Kim_2010
Date Posted: May 13 2010 at 8:28pm
walmarttttttttttt

Posted By: Danadlt
Date Posted: May 17 2010 at 6:51pm
I brought a brand new CHI from ebay for 40. I've had it for about a year now and it still works great!

Posted By: 2bBsL
Date Posted: May 22 2010 at 10:34pm
i liked andis but the plates will burn after a while (the ceramic coating)
honestly i love my GVP iron from sallys but thats out of your price range

Posted By: Addicted19034
Date Posted: May 23 2010 at 8:55pm

conair

Posted By: shortyrock
Date Posted: Jul 14 2010 at 4:19am
Gvp from Sally it's compare to the Chi I love it's. much cheaper than the chi. It's the generic version to chi. You can it on sale sally. Invest in some good that u won't cause damage to your hair. Check out Sally. They always have a good sale going on

Posted By: Mishar
Date Posted: Jul 14 2010 at 2:51pm
Do any of you ladies use these flat irons on natural hair?

Posted By: lovebugg87
Date Posted: Jul 16 2010 at 9:12am
I have this 2" Andis from Walmart for $20 bucks.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Andis-Ceramic-Clamp-Flat-Iron-2-Inch/9893332" rel="no follow - http://www.walmart.com/ip/Andis-Ceramic-Clamp-Flat-Iron-2-Inch/9893332

I used my friends when we were on vacation and I was open! It worked much better than the one I had. I went straight to Walmart when I got home and picked it up. Funny thing now the same thing happens when all my friends use mine.

No complaints here! I would love a digital flat iron though

Posted By: tjaydub
Date Posted: Jul 16 2010 at 12:27pm
Andis's red and black Tourmaline and Ceramic is the biznis and it only costs 25-30 at Ulta!

Posted By: Cherie70
Date Posted: Jul 21 2010 at 4:26pm
I agree with those flat irons.  But I also love CHI.  I had a really good pair that burned out so I have to get the Andies and while waiting for my new one to arrive I used the andies twice and they worked fine.  I had my first CHI flat iron for 2 years.

Posted By: 305bgirl
Date Posted: Jul 21 2010 at 9:04pm
i have a revlon that's like $20 it's pink& black and it gets the job done...i got it 4rm rite aid

Posted By: cherieAMOUR*
Date Posted: Jul 22 2010 at 11:24pm
My best friend that did hair had an Andis and used it on her clients. She swore by it and her hair looked great. After a while it gets really hot and burns badly. I used to go in her room and it would smell like burnt hair. So for the long term .. ehh, maybe no? I have a Chi that i bought online for $65 two years ago. It still works REALLy good. Before that I had the Sally's Jilbere de Paris that I got pretty cheap. My spring on it broke so I have to get a new one. It works just like a Chi but is temperature controlled which is great. To me, a flat iron is a flat iron, it just depends on the hands that hold it. Go you a cheap one and master the techniques.

Posted By: AshleyRaQ_G
Date Posted: Aug 07 2010 at 3:29pm
I reccommend Le Angelique Pro Ceramic flat iron. It has 100% solid ceramic plates & has temperature settings from 170 to 420. Amazon.com is where i bought mine for a total of 34.98! The plates are solid ceramic & not coated like most & it has a lifetime warranty. Hope this helps!

Posted By: un4getableview
Date Posted: Aug 27 2010 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by babytaz369 babytaz369 wrote:

Andis works great! I got mine for $15 at walmart 3 years ago and it is still working well. No need to spend $100 on a chi. I bought one of those and it died on me less than a year later.

YUP... makes my hair look luxurious... i love it. had it for about 2 months now. maybe less

Posted By: MissMesha
Date Posted: Aug 28 2010 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by Addicted19034 Addicted19034 wrote:

conair

+1 I've had mine for 6 years, and it's still going strong!

Posted By: MissMesha
Date Posted: Aug 28 2010 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by Mishar Mishar wrote:

Do any of you ladies use these flat irons on natural hair?

I've never used a flat iron on my natural hair. I only flat iron when I have a sew-in or a lace front.

Posted By: Ms.Boss
Date Posted: Aug 28 2010 at 4:35pm
Andis is the best inexpensive flat iron. I've had mine for 5 years and its still kicking although I no longer use it on myself. The "A" on one of the sides came off but it's fine and the ceramic plating hasn't chipped or anything. The one inch takes longer but better at getting to the roots! I graduated to a chi then to a sedu but if you have the time it'll be worth it just part in small sections and put it on about 15.

Posted By: oatsnhoney
Date Posted: Sep 12 2010 at 2:15pm
The best cheap flat iron I used was the Andis that I got at ulta. It did an amaing job but I only got one use out of it because it chipped like immediately. Haven't bought one since but I haven't forgotten the amazing results.

Posted By: Glamouraddict
Date Posted: Oct 01 2010 at 9:17pm
I bought my Cortex from Marshall's (Same as TJ Maxx or Winners) for $29.99. It is a 1" iron with 100% ceramic plates. It also came with a mini flat iron that is 1/4" I think. It is great and leaves my hair smooth and super silky. It goes up to 450 or 425 (sorry I can't remember). What I love about it is that it is 100% ceramic plates, not ceramic plate overlay. I had a Jilbre iron that was ceramic plate overlay and after having it for a few months the ceramic plate coating started to come off and burn into my hair as I flat ironed. So it left a nasty film on my hair. Dead Since my Cortex is 100% ceramic plates and NOT an overlay, I won't have that problem.

Posted By: GingerSnaps773
Date Posted: Oct 01 2010 at 9:23pm
You can get some pretty good ones at Marshalls for 24.99. Also try Sally's. You can probably get a nice Revlon one for about 25 bucks

Posted By: #1StarGazer
Date Posted: Oct 06 2010 at 10:44pm
I've had my Andis iron for 2 years and I'm happy with it.  I would like to get the CHI eventually, but for now, this works fine.

Posted By: Napp
Date Posted: Nov 14 2010 at 11:15pm
i hear tyche has nice cheap flat irons. one day when i have some extra cash imma get me one of them. i need a wider flat iron....

Posted By: so_GLAM
Date Posted: Aug 16 2011 at 3:45pm
bump

Posted By: whitrhymes
Date Posted: Aug 17 2011 at 9:45pm
I have one from the bss its a 1'' RED tourmaline by Kiss... it's really good, gets up to 450 degrees and the settings are digital, it was about $25... I've owned two conairs and they do not compare imo, plus they always get cracks in them and start to rip my hair out. 

Posted By: juicysweetness
Date Posted: Aug 18 2011 at 8:47pm
Andis is the best flat iron ever!! I compared mine to the H2PRO flat iron and it works just the same!!

Posted By: MelanieST
Date Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 10:17am
I don't know about the Andis, never had one, but I personally recommend the karmin g3, which I've had for a few months now and I totally love it =D i9t makes the hair soft and shiny 

Posted By: MelanieST
Date Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 10:21am
Are you sure you want to buy such cheap straighteners? they could cause some severe damage! I recommend the karmin g3, so just check it out... 

Posted By: lisa_ray
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 8:35am
there are many u can check  here http://bestflatironfornaturalhair.net
but remember to choose which has more ceramic material as it will cause far less damage to your hair.

Posted By: Schaafcynthia
Date Posted: May 19 2014 at 1:45am
Try this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRoQaE6SRQY - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRoQaE6SRQY

Posted By: Dreadlocks
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 1:33am
I think online stores are the best choice for you. You may have several options at reasonable prices just choose according to your needs.

Posted By: lindygaga
Date Posted: Sep 01 2014 at 3:00am
walmart~

Print Page | Close Window