Print Page | Close Window

Reborn Dolls

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=241147
Printed Date: Oct 17 2017 at 8:55am

Topic: Reborn Dolls
Posted By: CLCNY20
Subject: Reborn Dolls
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 12:07pm
Ok...I've been fascinated with these things for too long, and a friend of mine says her aunt (who's unemployed) actually SELLS these dolls she makes on Ebay sometimes for a few hundred dollars a doll!!!

For those that don't know, reborn dolls are: A reborn doll is a manufactured vinyl play http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doll" rel="no follow - doll that has been transformed in order to achieve as much http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Realism_%28arts%29" rel="no follow - realism as possible in order to resemble a human baby. The process of creating a reborn doll is referred to as reborning, and the doll artists are referred to as reborners. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reborn_doll#cite_note-NYT-0" rel="no follow - [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reborn_doll#cite_note-Mont-1" rel="no follow - [2] Reborn dolls are also known as living dolls or unliving dolls. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reborn_doll#cite_note-MSNBC-2" rel="no follow - [3] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reborn_doll#cite_note-Channel_Four-3" rel="no follow - [4]  (you can read more here:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reborn_doll" rel="no follow - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reborn_doll )

Now, more than ever, I'm SERIOUSLY considering making them, and course my dolls will start out fugly at first, like these:

http://www.reborn-baby.com/images/lana/lanahomexl.jpg" rel="no follow">New%20baby%20Lana

http://www.stillmomentsnursery.com/store/reborn-baby-girl-bella-by-nikki-holland-p-1283.html" rel="no follow">Image

but I'd keep practicing, and eventually create realistic dolls like these (and yes, these ARE dolls):

paige

oh, and just to give you guys nightmares...

Replies:
Posted By: prettygirlmin04
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 12:08pm
that's creepy. no thanks.

Posted By: saxssyvixen29
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 12:09pm
^^ I agree, very creepy...I don't understand the need for the realism of these dolls.  Thumbs%20Down

Posted By: mujerc
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 12:09pm
Too cute...........

Posted By: swweet*suga
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 12:15pm
i think its cute too

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 12:16pm
go far it . i have 3 and luv the dolls. you can make a fortune. many woman that can't have children are willing to pay thousands for the dolls.  can't think of the designer name , but she makes millions selling to the rich and famous .Smile

Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

go far it . i have 3 and luv the dolls. you can make a fortune. many woman that can't have children are willing to pay thousands for the dolls.  can't think of the designer name , but she makes millions selling to the rich and famous .Smile

that's what her aunt said!

My friend told me she'd be laughing at her aunt boiling the parts before painting them, and when her aunt told her that many women who can't have kids, or older women who never had kids/grandchildren buy them for like $300.00 a piece! Shocked

I was like <<adds to to-do list, "buy reborn parts...check!">>

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 12:22pm
this is just weird...i wouldn't want that at all

Posted By: MissGirly85
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 12:25pm
they are too cute I always wanted one of those but i have apple valley dolls instead 

Posted By: r0ck_starr
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 12:55pm
Some ppl I've heard take these dolls way too seriously by actually strolling them around like they're real babies . They're creepy to me though because they're primarily sold to grown ppl :/

Posted By: miana79
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by r0ck_starr r0ck_starr wrote:

Some ppl I've heard take these dolls way too seriously by actually strolling them around like they're real babies . They're creepy to me though because they're primarily sold to grown ppl :/

it depends on what you plan on doing with them after making the doll..there are people out there with serious mental issues that play house with these dolls and treat them like humans and to me thats a little crazy/creepy I would rather them get a real pet..

btw--there is no baby that I ever consider as ugly, I see them as a gods creation. (real babies that is)

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 1:13pm
I want to get one made of my Son(when he was a baby), but he says Im weird and he wouldn't like it. When He move out, Ima still get it, and I aint gone tell him....

Posted By: Gumdrop92
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 1:15pm
Hmm no thanks...

Posted By: angelninjachick
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 1:17pm
i want to learn how to make these dolls they are so cute.

Posted By: Babydoll9163
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by r0ck_starr r0ck_starr wrote:

Shocked For serious? Yea that's pretty crazy.

I don't get the appeal unless you're a collector or something. It does seem like it takes time, patience, and skill to make them but other than for artistic purposes idk.

Posted By: Angel-Eyez
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 1:20pm
They're creepy but the last few look realistic

Posted By: mediagirl
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 1:21pm
Extremely creepy. I saw a doc about this a while ago and the relationship the women have with their dolls is unhealthy.

Posted By: angelninjachick
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 1:30pm
the doc was on the bbc channel and it was very interesting i watch the whole thing.

Posted By: Babydoll9163
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

I want to get one made of my Son(when he was a baby), but he says Im weird and he wouldn't like it. When He move out, Ima still get it, and I aint gone tell him....

LOL that's a cute idea. I guess I could see someone buying one in a case like this.

Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Angel-Eyez Angel-Eyez wrote:

you are so freakin' pretty angel-eyez Embarrassed

Posted By: tru_blu09
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 1:32pm
so creepy!

Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 1:37pm
I'd rather see a woman toting one of those around than this thing here

http://www.collectiblestoday.com/ct/product/prdid-301156001.jsp?cm_ven=Affiliates&cm_cat=DirectTrack&cm_pla=CD383&cm_ite=301156001#" rel="no follow -
http://i45.tinypic.com/2eefuyq.jpg%5b/IMG%5d" rel="no follow">

let me EVER catch a woman holding this thing in a bundle of blankets like it's a) real, b) a baby, and I'll smack it out of her hand, and laugh as it falls to the ground, and makes a loud thudding sound.

Posted By: CarmenKay
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 1:38pm
The dolls are cute and look realistic but I still dont understand why someone would want to carry around a fake baby....??

Posted By: GoodKarma4me
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 1:41pm
those dolls are creepy lookin.....

Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 1:48pm

Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 1:49pm
my last purchase . big baby girl .Smile^^^

Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 1:50pm
a few more

%5bEvaWakolbinger-Reborn1.jpg%5d

Posted By: Angel-Eyez
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by CLCNY20 CLCNY20 wrote:

Aww thankyou Embarrassed

Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by prettygirlmin04 prettygirlmin04 wrote:

that's creepy AS HELL. no thanks.

Posted By: prettygirlmin04
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 2:00pm

http://www.collectiblestoday.com/ct/product/prdid-301156001.jsp?cm_ven=Affiliates&cm_cat=DirectTrack&cm_pla=CD383&cm_ite=301156001#" rel="no follow -

let me EVER catch a woman holding this thing in a bundle of blankets like it's a) real, b) a baby, and I'll smack it out of her hand, and laugh as it falls to the ground, and makes a loud thudding sound.

Stern%20Smile

Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 2:02pm
Thank you BBC's 'my fake baby' for bringing this concept into my life. I find the whole thing spooky, but live ya life folks. It's not hurting me.

Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 2:04pm

I have 3 that look like her

Posted By: yassy
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 2:07pm
I have 1

Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 2:11pm
http://cgi.ebay.com/APPLE-VALLEY-DOLL-BY-SECRIST-NBPW-HILARIOUS_W0QQitemZ260475637044QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ca58ecd34" rel="no follow - http://cgi.ebay.com/APPLE-VALLEY-DOLL-BY-SECRIST-NBPW-HILARIOUS_W0QQitemZ260475637044QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ca58ecd34

this is one of the dolls I have but her hair is different and she may be a little light and a different outfit

Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by MissGirly85 MissGirly85 wrote:

I have 3 that look like her
aww , well she is cutie. the dolls weighs as much as my 4yr old daughter . so she just sits .LOL 

Posted By: NadiaPost
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 2:20pm
I saw those dolls on 20/20. This lady had a bunch of them. She even took one out for walks, cradled it in public and I think she fed it..can't remember. She got so excited when a new doll would come. Those dolls creep me out.

Posted By: babelipsss
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 2:22pm
I'll pass.

Posted By: Boston
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 2:39pm
Well its defiantly a niche market . I loved the pictures of the babies that you sketched if you can transfer that talent to dolls I say go for it. Keep us posted Heart

Posted By: Arielle
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 2:44pm
For some reason, I find the dolls kinda beautiful.  What can I say, I'm a doll lover.  There's a lot of creativity and talent that goes into one of those.  I like to make dolls myself, so I can appreciate the time and dedication it takes.

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 2:46pm
Those are creepy. I am going to have nightmares.

Posted By: Boston
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 2:56pm
dp

Posted By: drjo91
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 3:00pm
CREEPY. But lmfao, I feel like telling my mom that I am pregnant...of course start stuffing up my belly and then come up with one of those dolls lmfaoooooo.LOLLOL

She will kill me.Dead

Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Arielle Arielle wrote:

For some reason, I find the dolls kinda beautiful.  What can I say, I'm a doll lover.  There's a lot of creativity and talent that goes into one of those.  I like to make dolls myself, so I can appreciate the time and dedication it takes.

and that's what attracts me to wanting to try! The shading of the veins, and the blushing on the cheeks, the baby hair details, the dark shading between the slight folds of skin...I wanna try! Smile

Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by drjo91 drjo91 wrote:

CREEPY. But lmfao, I feel like telling my mom that I am pregnant...of course start stuffing up my belly and then come up with one of those dolls lmfaoooooo.LOLLOL

She will kill me.Dead

Why am I sitting here thinking of doing that with my older brother?

He would break...my...neck...

then the doll's...

I'd bring a friend along to tape from somewhere nearby, for Youtube...and the cops/judge/jury...Confused

Posted By: lollypop036
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by hobbityhands hobbityhands wrote:

Dead

lmao @ the free pacifier

Posted By: bebekay
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 4:00pm
those things look dead in the eyes and if anyone can perfect that demonish look my goold ol friend CLC is the go to man...

there i gave you a compliment hun!!Big%20smile

Posted By: sistagal
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 4:05pm
OH MY GOD!!!! THAT IS CREEPY AS FCUK!

No dankie

Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 4:06pm

She will kill me.Dead

Why am I sitting here thinking of doing that with my older brother?

He would break...my...neck...

then the doll's...

I'd bring a friend along to tape from somewhere nearby, for Youtube...and the cops/judge/jury...Confused

LOLLOL Dead lmfaoooo. I  am dead serious too lmfao. Except she won't believe me though.

Posted By: dolly01
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 4:24pm
I watched a prgramme on this and there was this woman and she didnt want a real baby( but she had one of these dolls she collected them) anyway she had this doll in a very expensive pram and was buying it designer outfits for hundreds of pounds,the lady in the shop was relly shocked and confused when she found out this lady was treating this doll like a real baby.

Posted By: mangachan
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 4:28pm

She will kill me.Dead

Lamp

Me and both of my sisters oughta do that.

Evil%20Smilemwahahahaha!!!!Evil%20Smile

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 4:30pm
OMGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODNESS.

I don't know how I found these dolls on ebay, but I've been warned if I'm seen with one, they're checking me into the mental aslyum EARLY so I can get the help I need Dead

Posted By: purpose
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 4:31pm
Creepy. *Shudders*

Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by bebekay bebekay wrote:

those things look dead in the eyes and if anyone can perfect that demonish look my goold ol friend CLC is the go to man...

there i gave you a compliment hun!!Big%20smile

Posted By: zsazsa
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 4:39pm
God why do I love babies so much? got my heart all melting for thses dolls. Gave them names and everything, lol

I think it's harmless for some women who take comfort in having a real life doll and treating it as it's a child. Who are they harming? there is a story behind everything and if thats what brings them comfort, not my prob. Better then snatching real kids so they can play mummy

Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by zsazsa zsazsa wrote:

God why do I love babies so much? got my heart all melting for thses dolls. Gave them names and everything, lol

I think it's harmless for some women who take comfort in having a real life doll and treating it as it's a child. Who are they harming? there is a story behind everything and if thats what brings them comfort, not my prob. Better then snatching real kids so they can play mummy

In all honesty? I'd rather they hug and kiss up them dolls than to kidnap someone else's child...

Posted By: stardaqueenb23
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 7:39pm
They scare me.

Posted By: ladyfox850
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 8:09pm
That takes real talent to make those dolls! Very nice indeed.

Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by mangachan mangachan wrote:

She will kill me.Dead

Lamp

Me and both of my sisters oughta do that.

Evil%20Smilemwahahahaha!!!!Evil%20Smile

Then come back and report us what happened lmfao.

Posted By: keishe83
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 8:14pm

I agree. She is such a doll.

Anyways, those dolls are scary looking.

Posted By: smaison
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 8:36pm
Stern%20Smile

Posted By: nycdiva357
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 8:41pm
i luv addy...

those other creatures...are scary.

Posted By: kelly
Date Posted: Feb 06 2010 at 6:30pm
i heard about these dolls. I think it cute

Posted By: laceyfront
Date Posted: Feb 06 2010 at 11:31pm
Those are creepy, I would love to do a jackazz type of prank and "forget" it on the roof of the car and see the reactions of people driving beside me. Or the runaway stroller gag LOLLOLLOL

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Apr 19 2014 at 5:36pm

my fake baby

Date Posted: Apr 19 2014 at 5:43pm
i bumped this thread because i just watched MY FAKE baby and can't understand the rituals that these people are going thru with these dolls as though they are real.

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Apr 19 2014 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

i luv addy...

those other creatures...are scary.

Addy had the ill kinky straight hair

She sure did! When I was in elementary I had this book and in the book the girl described her cousin's hair and how beautiful it was with little kinks or crinkles or however she described it. There was a girl in my class with really long hair just like that but she didn't necessarily have curly hair (maybe 4a or 3c) but it wasn't straight (relaxed) like the rest of us. Back then the only hair I knew of that wasn't straight (that wasn't on babies or little girls) was curly "good hair." So when this girl in my class had long fuzzy hair I didn't understand it! I used to marvel at her hair and wonder how her mom got it like that. 

There was another girl in my school a grade under me who had kinky (natural) hair and always wore it in a puff and I could not for the life of me figure out how she got it to do that! I did not know what natural hair was! It's a damn shame.

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Apr 19 2014 at 10:13pm
OMG . Coincidence. My friend and sister both bought one years ago and last night we were talking about finding & selling them

So, we were looking on eBay, and one CLEARLY looks like a miscarried fetus. I feel like it's unhealthy for those women who are buying them for that reason (grief from a miscarriage)

Ill post the pic when I'm on my computer

Date Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

OMG . Coincidence. My friend and sister both bought one years ago and last night we were talking about finding & selling them

So, we were looking on eBay, and one CLEARLY looks like a miscarried fetus. I feel like it's unhealthy for those women who are buying them for that reason (grief from a miscarriage)

Ill post the pic when I'm on my computer
no please don't that is very sad! and gross why would anyone want that?

Print Page | Close Window