Print Page | Close Window

THE REAL ANSWER TO REMOVING DARK SPOTS!!!!

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Skin Care
Forum Name: Dark Spots
Forum Description: Discussion on Dark Spots
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=240983
Printed Date: Sep 26 2018 at 8:33am

Topic: THE REAL ANSWER TO REMOVING DARK SPOTS!!!!
Posted By: chainlace2
Subject: THE REAL ANSWER TO REMOVING DARK SPOTS!!!!
Date Posted: Feb 04 2010 at 12:50pm

SO I JUST THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE THIS WITH ALL YOU WONDERFUL LADIES SINCE I SEE IT HASN'T BEEN POSTED YET . I WAS IN A HEALTH FOOD STORE AND AN INDIAN LADY TOLD ME TO TRY A TURMERIC FACIAL MASK WITH LEMON AND PLAIN YOGURT . YOU USE 1TSP OF THE TUMERIC POWDER 1TSP OF LEMON AND 2TSP OF PLAIN NON-FAT YOGURT YOU CAN ALSO USE ATSP OF ORGANIC HONEY IT'S OPTIONAL. MIX ALL THE INGRIDIENTS TOGETHER LEAVE IT ON YOUR FACE FOR 20 MINUTES AND WASH OFF WITH WHATEVER FACIAL CLEANSER YOU USE I USE BLACK SOAP AND FOLLOW UP WITH A MOISTURIZER OF YOUR CHOICE .IT'S NATURAL AND IT'S INEXPENSIVE AND IT WORKS!!! TRY GOOGLING IT FOR MORE INFO AND JUST A HEADS UP TUMERIC WILL STAIN YOUR CLOTHES SO USE AN OLD T SHIRT AND AN OLD TOWEL BECAUSE IT TURNS A YELLOW COLOR YOU CAN ALSO CONSUME 1TSP WITH MILK DAILY FOR ITS BENEFITS. I'M TELLING YOU ITS THE ANSWER WITHOUT A DOUBT MANY WOMEN IN INDIA USE THIS FOR FLAWLESS SKIN!!GOOD LUCK

Replies:
Posted By: sparel
Date Posted: Feb 04 2010 at 2:50pm
wow!!! thanks i'll try it

Date Posted: Feb 04 2010 at 3:12pm
YOUR WELCOME YOU SHOULD SEE FAST RESULTS WITHIN A COUPLE OF WEEKS YOU WILL NOTICE A BIG DIFFERENCE

Posted By: Thyckecutie
Date Posted: Feb 04 2010 at 8:59pm
how often do you do the mask

Date Posted: Feb 04 2010 at 11:41pm

3 TIMES A WEEK BUT YOU CAN DO IT AS OFTEN AS YOU LIKE SINCE IT'S ALL NATURAL YOU CAN ALSO SPOT TREAT YOUR PROBLEM AREAS

Posted By: Rosie123
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 3:56am
I'll deffinately give this a try!

Posted By: Thyckecutie
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 7:22pm
man i brought some from stop n shop and it was like 5 bucks! im def. buying from online next time but i will try a mask tonight....i have no yogurt tho so i will just do powder and water. How long did it take for you to see results

Posted By: PinkandBlack
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 7:30pm
I've tried turmeric before and it made my face look yellow. Is this normal or did I use too much?

Posted By: Tulips4u
Date Posted: Feb 06 2010 at 12:19am
Doing the Bump...

Posted By: fairytale_hero
Date Posted: Feb 06 2010 at 7:15am

Wanna try this, but like some1 said, wouldn't it turn my face yellow?

Posted By: DIVA007
Date Posted: Feb 06 2010 at 2:56pm
I use tumeric and its great for acne. The yellow will eventually wash off.

Posted By: SYLKE
Date Posted: Feb 06 2010 at 3:03pm
WHAT IS TURMERIC?

Posted By: miana79
Date Posted: Feb 06 2010 at 7:53pm
i dont think this is for me..tummeric is as bad as curry i dont want that mess in my nails and leaving my face yellow.

Date Posted: Feb 06 2010 at 10:07pm
what works for some may not work for others and the yellow DOES wash off and as far as the young lady saying this advice is junk please hun don't knock it til you try it. It has done wonders for the dark spots on my face versuses spending $$$ on other things that haven't worked and if you're worried about your nails just use some latex gloves

Posted By: wantlonghealthy
Date Posted: Feb 07 2010 at 5:24am
tumeric works great. it is not junk at all!!!

Date Posted: Feb 07 2010 at 12:14pm

^^ thank you ! this stuff is so great to use if you have blemishes and it's also good for acne and many other health benefits.

Date Posted: Feb 07 2010 at 12:15pm

^^ thank you ! this stuff is so great to use if you have blemishes and it's also good for acne and many other health benefits.

Posted By: kaai
Date Posted: Feb 20 2010 at 1:23am
where can I find it? Ill try it...

Posted By: GA_Diva
Date Posted: Feb 21 2010 at 4:00pm
Turmeric< I must try

Posted By: tru_blu09
Date Posted: Feb 22 2010 at 12:04pm
i got mine for 2 bucks! im off to mix with honey and lemon juice (if i have some)

Posted By: shaeshae
Date Posted: Feb 22 2010 at 1:56pm
Thanks for sharing this!!  I hear that turmeric is also good at getting rid of dark circles under the eyes!

Date Posted: Feb 22 2010 at 6:10pm

what if i dont have any yogurt can i jus use lemon juice and turmeric

Date Posted: Feb 22 2010 at 6:10pm

what if i dont have any yogurt can i jus use lemon juice and turmeric

Date Posted: Feb 23 2010 at 2:02pm
i used lime juice & turmeric and it was good... my nail is still stained yellow but ill live

Posted By: DarkEyes
Date Posted: Feb 23 2010 at 9:23pm
I buy ubtan powder from an Indian market, it has turmeric and fuller's earth in it.

Posted By: DarkBrown
Date Posted: Feb 24 2010 at 3:01am
Never heard of it.

Date Posted: Feb 24 2010 at 3:28pm
the lime burns my face like lemon does so i will alternate between lime juice and maybe aloe vera juice or honey whenever i get it

Posted By: Stephanie24
Date Posted: Feb 24 2010 at 8:30pm
I will certainly try that. I have been dealing with acne and dark spots since I was 12 and I am now 27 years old. It has certainly been an up heal battle especially since I try and cover it up with my hair which may in turn make it worst because of the oil.

Posted By: DIVA007
Date Posted: Feb 25 2010 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by chainlace2 chainlace2 wrote:

what works for some may not work for others and the yellow DOES wash off and as far as the young lady saying this advice is junk please hun don't knock it til you try it. It has done wonders for the dark spots on my face versuses spending $$$ on other things that haven't worked and if you're worried about your nails just use some latex gloves

Date Posted: Feb 25 2010 at 6:10pm
something is working... marks look lighter.. its either the turmeric/lime, baking soda or the aha moisturizer

Posted By: mushrooms
Date Posted: Feb 26 2010 at 9:28pm

That's great tru blu09 I hope that things continue to get better for you. I found this link http://www.readersdigest.com.au/healthsmart/make-a-facial-mask/article175076.html" rel="no follow - http://www.readersdigest.com.au/healthsmart/make-a-facial-mask/article175076.html  about making a mask from mustard. Turmeric is in mustard. I have been using this for a few nights now, but I can't tell if it's really working yet. I will have to use it longer to really see some changes. I also found this link http://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Fade-Dark-Marks-and-Blemishes-With-a-Honey-and-Turmeric-Face-Mask&id=3482896" rel="no follow - http://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Fade-Dark-Marks-and-Blemishes-With-a-Honey-and-Turmeric-Face-Mask&id=3482896  that tells you how to make a mask with turmeric and honey. Hope this helps.

Posted By: eds4ko
Date Posted: Feb 27 2010 at 9:12pm
twice a week i use clay mask for my face, it's in powder form so i mixed it with water & honey, and you can use milk too instead of water, the milk really helps to lighten your skin & the clay helps to draw out those toxins in your face, the honey helps to moisturize it. I really like this combination on my face, be sure to still put moisturizer afterwards, i usually leave it on for 10 - 15 minutes. Even my husband use the clay.

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Feb 28 2010 at 11:00am
For those who purchased their turmeric powder locally, was it prepackaged or sold loose by the gram/pound/ounce/etc? Also did you find it cheaper sold online or local stores?  Thanks in advance.

Date Posted: Feb 28 2010 at 1:53pm

I got mine from a local health food store and it was prepackage and also organic so try to buy it at your local health food store they should carry it and mine was $2.00

I got mine from a local health food store and it was prepackaged and also organic so try to buy it at your local health food store they should carry it and mine was $2.00

I got mine from a local health food store and it was prepackaged and also organic so try to buy it at your local health food store they should carry it and mine was $2.00

Posted By: goldenGAZE
Date Posted: Mar 02 2010 at 5:35pm
I had no idea what Turmeric was so i googled it and OMG, this is what i used to see my mum putting on her face weekly when i was younger! i never knew! It's like a traditional thing she learn't from her mother who learn't from her mother e.t.c (an east African thing i thought lol). Anyways, my mother has always had radiant skin, i guess this is why. I'm really curious to try it out. She did put it on me once but i was a kid and i couldn't stand the itch.

Date Posted: Mar 03 2010 at 7:53am
i think it was breaking me out, im not completely sure.. it was probably the lime juice so thats OUT!

Posted By: AmorousMommy
Date Posted: Mar 07 2010 at 6:23pm
I will be trying this.

Posted By: educator74
Date Posted: Mar 07 2010 at 10:13pm
This is a very common spice in east Africa. For those of you who live in areas where the east Africans are in large numbers, you will notice that they ALL have flawless skin! Their skin is as smooth as a baby bottom. They primarily cook with it just as much as they do with curry.  Just be careful though as many have reported having an allergy to this spice.  They say the smell makes them nauseous.

Posted By: Hateharder
Date Posted: Mar 08 2010 at 12:01am
Tumeric ANYTHING works very well my father is Trini, and they sell tumeric creams for mosquito blemishes and other dark spots it works very well for me and I have skin that scars easily and that keeps dark spots that are difficult to get rid of unless you laser the crap off

Posted By: divalane25
Date Posted: Mar 08 2010 at 10:32am
interesting

Posted By: alynxx
Date Posted: Mar 09 2010 at 5:52am
Freakin tumeric? Well I'll be blowed...be popping down the corner store tonight.

Posted By: shaeshae
Date Posted: Mar 22 2010 at 2:33pm
I just tried this last night, but without the yogurt. It left my face with a weird golden/yellow color, but that's pretty much gone now. I'm gonna keep this up for the next few weeks and hopefully this'll work out for me!

Posted By: StarzBaBi
Date Posted: Apr 24 2010 at 9:07pm
Has anyone used this for an extended period with any results, good or bad?

Posted By: SeeminglySweet
Date Posted: Apr 25 2010 at 4:52pm
Also checking for updates.....

Posted By: Malwina
Date Posted: Apr 26 2010 at 1:46am
OK then, I'm starting it in Wednesday. I'll be doing gram flour, turmeric and milk mix mask. Will post before and after photos...

Posted By: sugarhigh
Date Posted: Apr 26 2010 at 2:18am
what about using it on the rest of your body? i'm sure it's safe but any results... maybe before and after pixs?

i wanna try: cleansing with black soap first then..... turmeric, bee propolis, cinnamon, yogurt, honey & lemon juice face mask mixture... and clarify with lettuce & tomato water by burt's bees.

i like what i'm reading thus far though.....

1. Take a turmeric supplement. Even if turmeric is used liberally in cooking, taking a supplement is a good idea. http://www.ehow.com/how_5330877_use-turmeric-skin-care.html#" rel="no follow - Healthy skin is a reflection of a healthy body. Turmeric strengthens the liver, and improves the functioning of the digestive tract, and may help clear acne when taken internally.

2. Step 3

Use turmeric as a face cleanser. Mix chick pea flour or rice flour and turmeric powder in equal proportions and store it in an airtight bottle. Add a little yogurt, milk, or soy milk to a teaspoon of this powder to make a paste. Apply the paste evenly to face evenly and wait for it to semi dry. Wash the paste off with water. Millions of women in India use this treatment instead of a facial cleanser every day to exfoliate and brighten their skin.

3. Step 4

Add a pinch of turmeric to your moisturizer or other treatment products. It is best to use turmeric treatments at night as they stain the face. Wash off the treatment in the shower in the morning with a gentle cleanser.

4. Step 5

Try the non staining cousin of turmeric (curcuma longa), kasturi turmeric, also called curcuma aromatica. Kasturi turmeric is not edible and cannot be used for cooking. When used externally, kasturi turmeric helps clear acne, inhibits growth of facial hair, and brightens the complexion.

Posted By: princessgyal
Date Posted: Apr 26 2010 at 1:31pm
  • The main organs that turmeric treats are the skin, heart, liver and lungs. Turmeric%20Plant
  • Turmeric is used for epilepsy and bleeding disorders, skin diseases, to purify the body-mind, and to help the lungs expel Kapha.
  • Activities of Turmeric include: Alterative, analgesic, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti-tumor, anti-allergic, antioxidant, antiseptic, antispasmodic, appetizer, astringent, cardiovascular, carminative, cholagogue, digestive, diuretic, stimulant, and vulnerary.
  • Therapeutic uses of Turmeric: Anemia, cancer, diabetes, digestion, food poisoning, gallstones, indigestion, IBS, parasites, poor circulation, staph infections, and wounds.
  • Turmeric helps to regulate the female reproductive system and purifies the uterus and breast milk, and in men it purifies and builds semen, which is counterintuitive for a pungent bitter.
  • Turmeric reduces fevers, diarrhea, urinary disorders, insanity, poisoning, cough, and lactation problems in general.
  • Turmeric is used to treat external ulcers that respond to nothing else. Turmeric decreases Kapha and so is used to remove mucus in the throat, watery discharges like leucorrhea, and any pus in the eyes, ears, or in wounds, etc.
  • In Ayurvedic cooking, turmeric is everywhere, this multifaceted wonder spice helps

• Detoxify the liver
    • Balance cholesterol levels
    • Fight allergies
    • Stimulate digestion
    • Boost immunity
    • Enhance the complexion

It is also an antioxidant Ayurveda recognizes turmeric as a heating spice, contributing bitter, pungent and astringent tastes.

http://www.turmeric.co.in/turmeric_ayurvedic_use.htm#" rel="no follow - Top

Remedies

Anemia

Everyday take a dose of 1 tsp of turmeric juice mixed with honey. Turmeric%20Ayurvedic%20Use

Asthma

Boil 1 cup of milk with 1 tsp of turmeric powder. Drink warm.

Burns

Mix 1 tsp of turmeric with 1 tsp of aloe gel and apply to burnt area.

Conjunctivitis

Mix 1 tbsp of crushed, raw turmeric in 1/3 cup of water. Boil and sieve. 2–3 drops of this mixture may be used in each eye up to 3 times per day.

Complexion

Apply a paste of turmeric on the skin before bed, and wash off after a few minutes. In the morning, remove any remaining yellow tinge with a paste of chickpea flour (besan) and oil.

Dental problems

Mix 1 tsp of turmeric with ½ tsp of salt. Add mustard oil to make a paste. Rub the teeth and gums with this paste twice daily.

Diabetes

½–1 tsp of turmeric should be taken 3 times a day.

Diarrhea

Take ½ tsp of turmeric powder or juice in water, 3 times per day.

Pain

Mix 1 tsp of turmeric and 2 tsp of ginger with water to make a paste. Spread over a cloth, place on the affected area and bandage.

Add 1 tsp of turmeric to 1 cup of warm milk and drink before bed.

Other uses

In cooking, turmeric acts as a yellow coloring agent. It is an important herb in Hindu rituals. It is also a ingredient in cosmetics as it is beneficial for the skin. Burning turmeric can repel insects. Inhaling the smoke can assist in coughs, asthma and congested nasal passages.

Ears, Eyes, Nose and Mouth

Turmeric dust, with alum 1:20, is blown into the ear to treat chronic otorrhea.

Mix a pinch of Turmeric with organic ghee and apply it to the mucus lining of nose to stop the sniffles. It also stops nosebleeds, helps to clear the sinuses, restore a more acute sense of smell, and helps to purify the mind and brain.

Turmeric helps to maintain the shape and integrity of our eyes.

A Turmeric/water decoction, 1:20, is used to treat conjunctivitis and eye disease in general. Soak a cloth in the decoction and then cover the eye with it. This helps to relieve the pain as well.

Turmeric for Stomach and Intestines

Turmeric treats the whole Gastro - Intestinal system.

In general turmeric is used for

• Weak stomachs
  • Poor digestion
  • Dyspepsia
  • To normalize metabolism
  • To help digest protein
  • To increase the bio-availability of food and the ability of the stomach to withstand digestive acids.

Turmeric is a great carminative, able to calm an upset digestive system by getting rid of gas and distention. Carminatives also tend to increase absorption and nurture the intestinal flora.

Taking Turmeric will work fine to balance an upset digestion. Just take a small spoonful of Turmeric and stir it in a cup of yogurt right after lunch.

Remedy for ‘piles’ is to directly apply a mixture of mustard oil, turmeric, and onion juice. To stop rectal bleeding take a 2 or 3 tablespoons of Turmeric every half hour until the bleeding stops, usually in an hour.

Posted By: princessgyal
Date Posted: Apr 26 2010 at 1:40pm
now this sounds interesting step five.. sounds like everything i need like maybe its even better than tumeric for the skin and the unsightly hair? I need to take a look at Winkthis.

Posted By: bbeautyful
Date Posted: Apr 28 2010 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by Hateharder Hateharder wrote:

Tumeric ANYTHING works very well my father is Trini, and they sell tumeric creams for mosquito blemishes and other dark spots it works very well for me and I have skin that scars easily and that keeps dark spots that are difficult to get rid of unless you laser the crap off

I would love to know more about this cream for mosquito blemishes! Where is it sold? How do you apply?

Posted By: shrew297
Date Posted: May 01 2010 at 12:16pm
^^ me too. bumping for updates.

Posted By: itsaplane
Date Posted: May 03 2010 at 5:43pm
ima try it foreal :)

Posted By: mackmeri122
Date Posted: May 08 2010 at 8:34pm
It's the lemon that's stinging you. Lemon juice can be harsh on the skin.

Posted By: goodm3
Date Posted: May 26 2010 at 11:50pm
i did it tonight with miracle whip and lemon juice....

i'm gonna give it 2 weeks. 3X each week.

But right now, my skin feels great and the redness has calmed down that i normally have.

Posted By: Curly0405
Date Posted: May 31 2010 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by chainlace2 chainlace2 wrote:

I applied it using a pastry brush/bbq brush I bought from walmart. So no mess on my hands and good application.

Posted By: alexxraee
Date Posted: May 31 2010 at 8:07pm
my skin is real senstive, im thinkin of trying it but if the lemon juice is strong will it be overpowedered by the Tumeric

Posted By: kuroodetto
Date Posted: Jun 14 2010 at 9:17pm

I am going to try it

Posted By: glam0ur_chiick
Date Posted: Jun 14 2010 at 10:52pm
This really helps with acne, or dark spot, or both overall?

I suffer from both, and really want to get rid of these dark spots more than the few breakouts i tend to get.

Date Posted: Jun 15 2010 at 8:58pm
http://talk.blackhairmedia.com/member_profile.asp?PF=62300&FID=13" rel="no follow - alexxraee , maybe you can try milk with turmeric if you have sensitive skin-if you're not allergic to milk? A lot of websites advocate using milk and turmeric. Plus the lactic acid in the milk acts like a mild exfoliant which may help with the dark spots. I started using a turmeric and honey mask but have recently purchased Vicco Turmeric Cream from Ebay. I like the fact that it is a mattifying cream and I like the scent of sandalwood oil. My pimples have not gone away totally (it's only been a week) but they are smaller. I like the overall glow from the cream, but I can't say that my marks have faded significantly yet. I'll keep usiing it.

Date Posted: Jun 15 2010 at 9:00pm

I've been reading up on it and it's supposed to help with acne and dark spots.

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Dec 31 2010 at 10:50pm
Bumping for more responses.  I will try this tomorrow.

Posted By: Hateharder
Date Posted: Jan 09 2011 at 2:20am
I buy tumeric cream when I'm in trinidad i found a way to order it off amazon but it does work i love the "indian-y" smell of it but ti lightens & removes marks.

Posted By: TayTay
Date Posted: Jan 09 2011 at 3:50am
so glad i found this thread! i have marks and scars on my legs from when i had chicken pox multiple times as a child. will definitely be trying this before summer! thanks ladies :)

Posted By: ImaFabulousDiva
Date Posted: Jan 09 2011 at 9:50am
I'm on this as of today.  I have some scars that I need to deal with seriously instead of trying to cover them up with makeup.

Posted By: GoatGoatEtc.
Date Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 3:37am
Hope it's not just the citrus from the lemon doing all the lightening. Every thread in here says lemon lemon lemon.

Date Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 3:38am
Worth a try

Posted By: msteelove
Date Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 3:54am
Originally posted by TayTay TayTay wrote:

so glad i found this thread! i have marks and scars on my legs from when i had chicken pox multiple times as a child. will definitely be trying this before summer! thanks ladies :)

it's possible to get chicken pox more than once ?!?

Posted By: Missvw
Date Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 4:06am
Originally posted by msteelove msteelove wrote:

Originally posted by TayTay TayTay wrote:

it's possible to get chicken pox more than once ?!?

I thought you can only get it once in your life Confused

Posted By: msteelove
Date Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 4:11am
^^ i thought so too . TayTay maybe you had something else Confused

Posted By: fedup
Date Posted: Jan 15 2011 at 1:47pm
Thanks I will try it. I also look on youtube to see how to make it. I put the video down below for you guys to see. I also plan to add aloe vera, vit c&e  to it as well. I will give you guys and update because I have horrible hormonal acne and scarring. It terrible since I am light skin. UGH!!!!!!!!!! I am going to the store today to buy some items.
I also have to ask how long is this mask good? Day wise? Do we put in the the fridge since it has yougurt in it?

Date Posted: Jan 18 2011 at 8:51pm

LampJust had a thought!

If you don't have yogurt or milk at your disposal, how about powdered milk!?
I was hoping to make a mask with ease and that could be it!

I think I will just store some tumeric and powdered milk in the jar and when I want to use it, scoop out some and add water.

Then some kind of oil to help it keep or make it easier to apply!

Suggestions? Thoughts?

Date Posted: Jan 19 2011 at 7:54pm
I think powdered milk will be great. I use powdered milk in all of my face masks and I love the glow it gives me. The reason I started using powdered milk was that I could keep it in the bathroom as a dry mixture that I could just add water to. I love it. I can't say anything about the oil because I can't use any kind of oil on my face or I'll break out.

Date Posted: Jan 21 2011 at 12:59am
Bought turmeric and True Lemon crystalized lemon powder and mixed it with some nonfat powered milk in the pantry.
Was stingy for sure. So I think I'll alternate w/ turmeric and coconut oil or whatever.
This link I found has so many ways to make it: http://www.natural-homeremedies-for-life.com/turmeric-facial-mask.html

Take a look at the kitty litter mask! Lol!

Date Posted: Jan 21 2011 at 1:03am
I would really love this to be paste I could just scoop out and not have to mix.
If anyone knows any natural preservatives that can make such an emulsion that will keep a long time and not spoil please tell!

Date Posted: Jan 21 2011 at 1:35am
Ha! Bought some apple cider vinegar to start using as toner, used it full strength (I'll dilute this smelly stuff later), got what tumeric I couldnt see off.

Posted By: honeydrips75
Date Posted: Jan 21 2011 at 1:15pm
I will try the tumeric with the lemon juice every other day.

Date Posted: Jan 24 2011 at 1:53am
I'm personally wary about the creams because of parabens: from amazon:

Smells nice and is non-greasy, but has harmful ingredients
September 29, 2009 By Alexa Gallagher
I ordered this turmeric skin cream because I have tried their Vicco toothpaste before and like it. So I thought that the Vicco lotion must also be nice and a natural product. I used it for about a month and like the fact that it's non-greasy and goes on smoothly.

But yesterday I checked the ingredient list out of curiosity. I noticed that the lotion includes Methyl Paraben Sodium and Propyl Paraben, which are harmful preservatives according to the Skin Deep Cosmetic Safety Database ([...]). Harmful ingredients like this get absorbed by the skin and enter the bloodstream.

For sure I will not use this lotion anymore, even though I liked the smell of it and its lightweight feel. I wonder why they use a chemical preservative, since they could just use Vitamin C and E as a natural alternative.

Posted By: hallibu
Date Posted: Jan 28 2011 at 12:24am
Bump. What results has everyone seen? I'm thinking of trying it but my skin is so sensitive.

Posted By: MsBMW
Date Posted: Jan 28 2011 at 3:40pm
any results does this really work? Please update

Posted By: chachawhittion
Date Posted: Jan 29 2011 at 10:13am
I would like to try that one also. How many times a day will i apply that? I will try it.

Posted By: candies
Date Posted: Jan 29 2011 at 11:25am
I use a tumeric moisturizer and soap and believe me it's the bomb!  One of my friends who is of indian descent put me on to it.

http://www.mehndiskinart.com/images/Emami-Gold-Turmeric-Safron-Soap.gif
http://www.mehndiskinart.com/images/Emami-Gold-Turmeric-Cream.jpg

Posted By: Melialy
Date Posted: Jan 29 2011 at 11:41am
Originally posted by candies candies wrote:

I use a tumeric moisturizer and soap and believe me it's the bomb!  One of my friends who is of indian descent put me on to it.

http://www.mehndiskinart.com/images/Emami-Gold-Turmeric-Safron-Soap.gif
http://www.mehndiskinart.com/images/Emami-Gold-Turmeric-Cream.jpg

I can't see the pics. What is the brand name????

Posted By: TayTay
Date Posted: Feb 26 2011 at 11:49pm
bump! i just bought some tumeric powder and i'm going to try this! thanks for the info =)

Posted By: honeybee10
Date Posted: Mar 01 2011 at 3:45pm
awesome tip! im excited to try it

Date Posted: Mar 03 2011 at 9:45pm
Gah the first batch I made was sucky and burny. Too much lemon and tumeric.

So today I went to whole foods and bought brown rice flour and and kelp powder.

I'm still looking for a true masque texture though my paste still goes on in wee clusters it holds up alot better and doesn't sting like hell.

Also on the kelp, I just picked it up to pick it up cause I heard it was good for skin some how.
After reading up on it can help with cellulite and wrinkles.

And if digested it helps with appetite control and metabolism and skin and nails.

Posted By: Sheryse
Date Posted: Mar 05 2011 at 11:22am
So how often do you use this regimen?

Date Posted: Mar 05 2011 at 1:01pm
I'm not so stuck to a schedule, but now that I've leveled out the ingredients more often.

I'll prob do it 2-3 times a week, turmeric being the colorant it is stains my nails and bathroom tiles most of the time.

Date Posted: Mar 05 2011 at 1:03pm
This past experience with my new mixture has been better with less staining of nails, tiles, and my skin.

Posted By: Mishar
Date Posted: Mar 11 2011 at 2:03pm
ooooo I want to try.

Posted By: nikki25
Date Posted: Mar 11 2011 at 3:15pm

do you use lemon juice from the bottle or squeeze from a lemon i dont know if it would matter

Posted By: nikki25
Date Posted: Mar 11 2011 at 4:04pm
what brand is everybody using  is there specific brand to pruchase or it doesnt matter

Date Posted: Mar 14 2011 at 9:51am
I don't think it matters. Its down the spice aisle at Walmart or any grocery.

Date Posted: Mar 25 2011 at 6:14am
i've started trying this, and hopefully in a month I can give a good report back! will update

Date Posted: Mar 25 2011 at 7:38am
forgot to mention i usually mix turmeric powder with lime juice, honey, and a little nutmeg. Got it on now!

Date Posted: Mar 25 2011 at 9:32am
How is it working to remove the dark spots?

Date Posted: Mar 25 2011 at 9:34am
Originally posted by fairytale_hero fairytale_hero wrote:

i've started trying this, and hopefully in a month I can give a good report back! will update

Why did I just see this?Shocked

Posted By: EbonyE
Date Posted: Mar 27 2011 at 2:27am
Can I sleep with this on? Because I really really want to.

Posted By: skinnymoo
Date Posted: Mar 27 2011 at 4:46am
can we get some legit before & after pics if anyone saw results?
Confused

Posted By: EbonyE
Date Posted: Mar 27 2011 at 11:49am
You can get mines in a month. Stern SmileBig smile

Print Page | Close Window