Print Page | Close Window

Random Growth Thoughts

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Hair Care
Forum Name: Hair Growth
Forum Description: Hair Growth issues, solutions, and discussions.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=239784
Printed Date: Nov 19 2017 at 7:26pm

Topic: Random Growth Thoughts
Posted By: Yardgirl
Subject: Random Growth Thoughts
Date Posted: Jan 27 2010 at 11:33pm
Post anything growth-related that pops into your head.

I'll start Big%20smile

Wrapping my hair was doing it more harm than good. Now that I just moisturize and brush it back at night, I see way less breakage. Perhaps because there's less manipulation.

Replies:
Posted By: yaya24
Date Posted: Jan 28 2010 at 6:25am
I pray I make FNL in 2010..

Date Posted: Jan 28 2010 at 6:26am

June 20 marks my 1 year BC anniversary. Wow that year FLEW by.

Posted By: thatnyckhick
Date Posted: Jan 28 2010 at 7:56am
I hope I don't get that forever to BSL jinx

Date Posted: Jan 28 2010 at 7:58am
Oh and I finally got a measuring tee shirt...kinda feel like I'm going to another level with this hair thing

Posted By: raspberries
Date Posted: Jan 28 2010 at 8:30am
I hope baggying helps my hair stay moisturized.  I'm not going to make my goal by my 1 year hair anniversary Unhappy

Posted By: Jkels
Date Posted: Jan 28 2010 at 8:47am
I can't believe my MSM didn't sink to the bottom of the glass of water like everybody on the internet said it should...I can't freakin believe I have been takin MSM with a S*** load of Fillers!!!Shocked this is some BS... Disapprove

sorry for the languageEmbarrassed

Posted By: khivey
Date Posted: Jan 28 2010 at 9:23am
Originally posted by thatnyckhick thatnyckhick wrote:

i think i have that forever to BSL jinx..

Posted By: prettigurl
Date Posted: Jan 28 2010 at 9:25am

I hope I make mbl by June. Grow hair grow. . .come on summer growth spurtLOL

Date Posted: Jan 28 2010 at 10:02am
Originally posted by Jkels Jkels wrote:

I can't believe my MSM didn't sink to the bottom of the glass of water like everybody on the internet said it should...I can't freakin believe I have been takin MSM with a S*** load of Fillers!!!Shocked this is some BS... Disapprove

sorry for the languageEmbarrassed

I need to break out a capsule to see if mine does that Confused

Posted By: pit0605
Date Posted: Jan 28 2010 at 11:41am
I am ready to move to make progress

Posted By: DixieDarlin
Date Posted: Jan 28 2010 at 11:52am
I really hope I make it to APL or beyong by June...

I don't understand why I'm not having a growth spurt with all these vitamins and protein that I'm taking O.o Maybe I need to stick to it instead of being lazy and taking breaks.

Posted By: LadySmiles
Date Posted: Jan 28 2010 at 12:29pm
I'm really going hard this year. I've recently discovered my hair loves protein and oils (JBCO, sweet almond, jojoba) so I apply a mix of that to my ends of scalp every day. I\m also doing scalp massages daily

I had the urge to relax yesterday but it passed. I'm enjoying the thickness I've been getting with the jbco 9 weeks worth of new growth. 3 more weeks to go until I relax; or 7 weeks if im bod LOL

Date Posted: Jan 28 2010 at 3:46pm
My hair feels kinda dry. I'm doing a cowash when I get home.

Posted By: Creole_honey
Date Posted: Jan 28 2010 at 4:04pm
BSL I want you now

Posted By: *Addicted2Hair*
Date Posted: Jan 28 2010 at 4:24pm
I just cowashed last night.And now I'm itching to do it again....feel like a crack addict

Posted By: MizzBrit
Date Posted: Jan 28 2010 at 4:28pm
apl for the summer? i hope
gonna hide it until them..maybe longer

Posted By: *Addicted2Hair*
Date Posted: Jan 28 2010 at 4:32pm
I just realized my hair almost covers my tata's..LOL Maybe 2 more inches

Posted By: DaBaddest
Date Posted: Jan 28 2010 at 5:25pm
~I wonder if I need a trim. My ends look ok but I haven't a trim in 6months. I know my stylist will say yea but I think that's cuz she more worried about even hair than split ends!

~I will not be lazy this yr, I have been trying to get to from SL to APL forever but this year I will be at least BSL!!

~I will get my dandruff under control so my hair can really retain length and grow healthy!

Date Posted: Jan 28 2010 at 5:31pm
Plan for tomorrow: Clarify, Aphogee 2 minute and then DC with Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose. I'm doing a length check soon. My last flat iron was done on co-washed, dirty hair, I hate the smell of burning cones.

Posted By: Miss ViVi
Date Posted: Jan 28 2010 at 5:33pm
I've been meaning to try this powder out, but I've been too tired to do so

Posted By: Carib_n_curly
Date Posted: Jan 28 2010 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

add me to that listCry

Posted By: Miss Jones
Date Posted: Jan 28 2010 at 5:47pm
NO MORE FLAT IRONING.... except for special occasions... i want to be bsl NOW by any means necessary lol

Posted By: Fashionista922
Date Posted: Jan 28 2010 at 6:06pm
I really want to make BSL this year. I cut so much of my hair last year so I hope I can make it up this year with interest. I had 6" to BSL at the end of 2009 and I have been protective styling this whole year so far. So hopefully I can do some major retaining this year!

I love getting individual braids. They make me forget about my length for a while.

I'll be so happy when I cut the remainder of my relaxed hair off! My natural hair is already reaching CBL. I can't believe I'll be 2 years post in June! Time really flies by!

Posted By: Ese88
Date Posted: Jan 28 2010 at 6:30pm
will i ever see bsl in my lifetime? all i ever get is breakage no matter what i do. almost 4 years on this hair journey andd nothing to show for it.Unhappy

Posted By: flwonline
Date Posted: Jan 28 2010 at 7:28pm
I wanna be BSL so I can get to MBL, and I want it now!

Date Posted: Jan 28 2010 at 8:14pm
All I want is a full head of hair :-(

Date Posted: Jan 28 2010 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by Miss ViVi Miss ViVi wrote:

All I want is a full head of hair :-(

I remember being in that place. I'm still on my way. You will get there, trust me Hug

Posted By: Napp
Date Posted: Jan 28 2010 at 9:42pm
i may sound nasty but i want to see how long this bun lasts with NO manipulation inbetween. this is the first time in a LONGGGGG time that i felt like i did not have to mess my hair.

Date Posted: Jan 29 2010 at 6:27am
I think I am bored with this sew in....I miss my cornrows

Date Posted: Jan 29 2010 at 8:17am

I hate shrinkage!!!!! I'm 5 weeks post and I have thick roots and my ends are starting to feel thin. WTF? I just trimmed this crap last month (2 inches) and I haven't been having breakageAngry Maybe I just need a good blowdry and flatiron to tame these rootsSleepy

Posted By: HunnyB
Date Posted: Jan 29 2010 at 8:58am
^^^ I hate blowdryers....they're the enemy when it comes to my endsCry
.....BUT i got paid today, so hair challenges here i comeee

Date Posted: Jan 29 2010 at 9:27am
^^ I don't use the blowdryer on my ends. When I air dry my hair, the roots are always still damp, so I blowdry the roots only

Date Posted: Jan 29 2010 at 11:22am
Originally posted by Napp Napp wrote:

i may sound nasty but i want to see how long this bun lasts with NO manipulation inbetween. this is the first time in a LONGGGGG time that i felt like i did not have to mess my hair.

How long are you planning to go? Confused

Posted By: lrjohnson
Date Posted: Jan 29 2010 at 1:58pm
I have over an inch of new growth. My stylist is gonna yell at me again haha. Oh well she can deal with it. But I co wash and detangle roots every night..is that really necessary? Not so much the cowasing but detangling?

Posted By: mangachan
Date Posted: Jan 29 2010 at 2:08pm
I haven't been keeping up with my growth this year and I don't think I'll start.  It's just going to get me all salty and run me crazy.

Posted By: DixieDarlin
Date Posted: Jan 29 2010 at 2:10pm

Just something that pisses me off and possibly tmi, but I always wonder:

WHY does my body hair grow faster than the hair on my head?!?

Posted By: Napp
Date Posted: Jan 29 2010 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Yardgirl Yardgirl wrote:

i wanted to get to 2 weeks(a miracle for me) but i think i might wash and dc today.i had a good run (9 days)

Posted By: Babydoll9163
Date Posted: Jan 29 2010 at 2:19pm
I better be APL by July.

I have a lot of new growth from these weaves and my natural hair is a pain!!! I have to resist relaxing, maybe I'll flat iron after this takedown to make it easier.

I hope my hair doesn't matt or tangle too bad this time, I'm roughly 6 months post Confused I've never had to deal with this much new growth and transitioning wasn't part of my plan.....but there's no point in relaxing when wearing a weave.

I wonder if henna is really as great as everyone says it is.

I think I'll do a protien treatment this weekend, it's been a while.

Posted By: porkchop06
Date Posted: Jan 29 2010 at 2:47pm
I want to get to apl by this summer

I hope that i dont have split ends that i have to trim when my braids come out

I wonder if ill ever get to bsl Confused

Date Posted: Jan 29 2010 at 2:53pm

i wanted to get to 2 weeks(a miracle for me) but i think i might wash and dc today.i had a good run (9 days)

Oh ok. I thought I was going to hear something a bit more drastic LOL I couldn't go 9 days though Confused

Date Posted: Jan 29 2010 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by DixieDarlin DixieDarlin wrote:

Low manipulation?
It's kept cleaner than the hair on your head?

I have no clue ConfusedLOL

Posted By: emtts11
Date Posted: Jan 29 2010 at 3:00pm

Originally posted by DixieDarlin DixieDarlin wrote:

Low manipulation?
It's kept cleaner than the hair on your head?

I have no clue ConfusedLOL

omg i was thinking the same thing!!! ive started taking all these pils and my body hair is growing so fast, i have to pluck my eyebrows twice a week! i used to only do it every other week. maybe its just shorter so its more noticible....

Posted By: ghanaiandoll
Date Posted: Jan 29 2010 at 5:28pm
I hope this castor oil makes my hair healthier and thicker.

Date Posted: Jan 29 2010 at 5:47pm
Today I got a compliment on my hair. Another blk girl (my classmate) said my hair looked really healthy and she always thought my hair was long Embarrassed Wait till I reach bsl/mbl/wl Big%20smile can't wait =)

Other thoughts:
- My hair is a hot greasy mess. I need a shampoo and protein treatment stat
- Still loving my oil mix
- I need more of my NTM leave-in
- Castor Oil is the bestest

Posted By: productjunkie
Date Posted: Jan 29 2010 at 7:22pm
what about your nails?  I gotta trim them every two weeks.  I wish my hair grew as fast.

I am seeing a lot more ng at week 5.  I only used mt/mn mix for 1 1/2 weeks.  I can't wait until im at week 16.

Date Posted: Jan 29 2010 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by Carib_n_curly Carib_n_curly wrote:

Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

add me to that list[IMG>smileys/smiley19.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="Cry" />

*group hug* we'll make it ladies!

Date Posted: Jan 29 2010 at 10:31pm
I've been really good at only lightly trimming/dusting for health but I'm eyeing those scissors for a blunt cut. My avi doesn't show completely bc my hair isn't all the way straight but some pieces are just calling my name...

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Jan 30 2010 at 12:06am
i cornbraided my hair thursday so i wouldnt be tempted to co-wash it for a few days.  today im feeling depressed about my slow growth.  sometimes im ok w/it but not today. 

Posted By: 1Longcurlynapy1
Date Posted: Jan 30 2010 at 3:30am
I wonder if I'll ever get to WL or beyond.

Posted By: 4BThickness
Date Posted: Jan 30 2010 at 11:50am
Right now I have a good amount of natural hair, I'm loving it...I am going to wait till V-Day to go ahead and cut off these horrible color damaged ends and get a Dominican Blow Out. Man do I miss my protective styles. I just found out that one of my old friends does hair and she does micros for 70! Back in July I went to the Africans and paid 130.00, so that's a BIG AZZ difference.

I am feening to get another job so I can get my Yaky and go back to my Micros, I am also going to get some Biotin pills and see how those work for me, a few years ago I went to Walmart and got some "Hair, Skin and Nails" and those have me a BUNCH of new growth. 

Date Posted: Feb 01 2010 at 3:32pm
An ACV rinse did my hair good but it's so dry. NO matter what I do my hair just seems to eat up moisture and need more and more Angry. I have greedy hair LOL

ETA: I used to think I wanted really long hair but after fighting with my hair so much I'm not so sure. I don't care what length it is as long as it's healthy. 

Posted By: runrunrunner
Date Posted: Feb 01 2010 at 7:09pm

i'd really missed being able to twist my hair since i cut it some months back.  i'm glad i'm able to do them again.  i cant wait until they're as long as they used to be. haha paaaaatience! 

no more cutting my hair on a whim!

Posted By: dOLLish.
Date Posted: Feb 01 2010 at 8:37pm
BSL by spring break will be a miracle.  (Impossible, but a girl can dream can't she? Embarrassed).  Less is best for me.  I prefer low maintainance; my hair grows faster when there isn't excessive heat and pulling Dead

Date Posted: Feb 01 2010 at 8:48pm
I wish I had a full head of hair.  I would rock my low fade with a quickness

Posted By: huneye85
Date Posted: Feb 01 2010 at 9:33pm
 I really want full MBL natural hair...like now.

I really want it by the end of this year. I think hiding my hair is the way to go.

Posted By: Mervqueen
Date Posted: Feb 02 2010 at 8:37pm
My hair looks like it hasn't grown since August 2009. I don't know what caused the setback. Now I am not going to be focusing on the length anymore, I will be focused on the overall health and thickness for the next 12 months.

Posted By: love_akihsoy
Date Posted: Feb 02 2010 at 8:56pm
I'm with ya, Mervqueen...

I don't wanna speak too soon but I think I might scale back on my APL in 2010 goal... not official yet but I don't want to fall into the trap of accepting length over thickness/health for the sake of making a goal.... we shall see....

Posted By: kkty83
Date Posted: Feb 03 2010 at 3:33pm

I hate protective styling. I really miss my hair Unhappy

Date Posted: Feb 03 2010 at 8:44pm
I can't wait for my hair to get longer so I can wear it out some

Posted By: Phoenix1017
Date Posted: Feb 03 2010 at 8:48pm
I love fairytale ends, but I think they look horrible on me.

Date Posted: Feb 04 2010 at 4:41pm
I am so proud of myself for getting rid of my dead ends! I did it on my own! I never thought it would happen. More growth for me.

Posted By: shaeshae
Date Posted: Feb 04 2010 at 4:42pm
I should switch to braids and give Lfs a break!

Posted By: EbonyCPrincess
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 1:44am
i can't wait to reach APL - the funny thing is i want to do it more to prove ppl wrong than for myself.  after all, I know its possible & am willing to wait patiently...they don't!  i can't wait to say i told you so.  bsl will really be rubbing it in their faces! LOL

Posted By: Sephelia
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 8:01am
I love my bff...truly I do...BUT why did we both start at shoulder length in 06 and I am still apl and she is at bsb?  She doesnt even read hair sites!!!!  I DO!!! Am I doing too much? Am I trying too hard?

Posted By: peylip
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 8:59am

I am slowly passing my two sister's hair growth. They both are maybe an inch from apl, and their hair has always been longer than mine since childhood. But oh the tables are slowly turning. I cant wait to reveal my bsl hair in june

Posted By: slayfresh
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 9:06am
I don't give a damn i'm relaxing next week at only 7 weeks.

Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 11:38am
Why is the hair in the back of my head longer? I guess I have natural layers. I miss my protective stylingCry I just had another interview I hope I get this job, I need the $ for school and my protective styling!!

Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 11:39am
I need to do some clarifying and porosity control tonight when I wash.

Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 4:39pm
I need to clarify 

Posted By: HunnyB
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 6:14pm
I think my hair grew....
http://public.fotki.com/HunnyB/my-hair-journey-yearbook/progress-pics/#media" rel="no follow">IMG%201229
http://public.fotki.com/HunnyB/my-hair-journey-yearbook/progress-pics/img-1229.html#media" rel="no follow">IMG%201352

Posted By: toria419
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 7:54pm
u just gotta remember that everyone is different. you are probably doing all the right things to your hair its just that right now hers is growing faster than yours.

Posted By: prettygirlmin04
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 11:31pm
So I'm getting lazy towards my hair Pinch

Posted By: darkbarbie
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 11:37pm
ughh u still have time before college
stop comparing yourself to how you were b4 big chop
gosh if only you found this site a year ago

Date Posted: Feb 06 2010 at 4:04pm
I bc's but my ends still look kind of straight WTF?
I am finally getting some new growth on the sides of my head...I love it
I gotta post my progress! Maybe next monthLOL

Posted By: yizz_markey
Date Posted: Feb 06 2010 at 8:21pm
hello ladies!!

i have a question.

i am 8 months into my transition (yay me=] ) and i have been in protective styles off and on for the most part.

my question is about this aloe vera gel i "found" in my mom's room
i was wondering if it was good for my hair and if it is good, what could i potentially use it for/with.

The brand is "Nature's Pharmacy" and these are thee ingredients (in order listed):

-Water
-Aloe Vera Gel
-Propylene Glycol
-Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E)
- Carbomer Polysorbate 20
-Hydantoin
-Diazolidinyl Urea
-Tetrasodium EDTA
-Fragrance
FD&C Blue #1
FD&C Yellow #5

These ingredients sound good for my hair, but i'm not 100% sure and would like some feedback from anyone willing to help.

TIA

-Anyea'

Date Posted: Feb 06 2010 at 11:32pm
I'm having a lazy hair day, er... night. lol

Date Posted: Feb 07 2010 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by Phoenix1017 Phoenix1017 wrote:

I'm having a lazy hair day, er... night. lol

LOL...Me too.LOL

I need to DC I'm gonna do that twice this month considering I have 2 ORS Paks, I might was well just buy the bottle as much as I use/like that stuff. I never used to DC Dead shame on me.

Date Posted: Feb 08 2010 at 3:20pm
I bought a new wig! It's long, black and layered with wispy Chinese bangs. I love it! I'm probably going to wear it the last few weeks of my stretch (when my hair starts looking ate up, lol)

Date Posted: Feb 08 2010 at 3:22pm
Hunny- your hair definitely grew!

Posted By: Tink
Date Posted: Feb 08 2010 at 3:35pm
It's been over 2 yrs and I'm still not full APL...

Posted By: darkbarbie
Date Posted: Feb 08 2010 at 3:46pm
ugh these braids irk me

Posted By: tokyo_nights
Date Posted: Feb 09 2010 at 7:23pm
Rapunzel let down your long hair......................Wink

Posted By: m33lah09
Date Posted: Feb 09 2010 at 8:29pm
I must be a slow grower...I think i might need to get another trim but i dont wanna lol

Posted By: thelegend0718
Date Posted: Feb 10 2010 at 3:22am
Im so excited Ive been taking Biotin and my Multivitamins and my hair is really growing. I got at least an inch and a half! I recently just ordered some MTG and it should get here Friday. I also have been bunning daily. I cant wait til I relax next week !!

Date Posted: Feb 10 2010 at 6:24am
My vitamins are making the hair on my legs and armpits grow faster... GROSS.. LOL

Date Posted: Feb 13 2010 at 10:01am
I hate the way my hair looks after a relaxer.

It looks thinner and lays too flat.

I only leave it on about 4 or 5 minutes too.Angry

I miss my poofy hair.

Posted By: LongWay2Grow
Date Posted: Feb 13 2010 at 10:07am
i wish my blue black rinse woulda shown some blue....that's okay, i'll just do an indigo rinse over it!!

Date Posted: Feb 13 2010 at 10:09am
*sidebar* i just realized i haven't DC'ed in months Confused...oh well, guess it ain't so necessary because my hair is still thriving Thumbs%20Up

Posted By: Dakotablu
Date Posted: Feb 13 2010 at 10:12am
I am 6mnths post and am really considering going natural for a few years instead of fully texlaxed. I think eventually i want long texlaxed hair

Date Posted: Feb 13 2010 at 10:16am
Originally posted by Dakotablu Dakotablu wrote:

I am 6mnths post and am really considering going natural for a few years instead of fully texlaxed. I think eventually i want long texlaxed hair
i've been thinking the same thing! I'm currently 4months post and i've been playing with the idea....

Date Posted: Feb 13 2010 at 10:48am
Originally posted by yaya24 yaya24 wrote:

My vitamins are making the hair on my legs and armpits grow faster... GROSS.. LOL

I notice that with my legs and "other areas" Embarrassed

Date Posted: Feb 13 2010 at 11:25am
I'm in braids and I can't wait to co-wash. My scalp is sooo itchy and I've only had the braids in for a week Dead

Date Posted: Feb 13 2010 at 11:26am
Co-wash while you are in braids. That is what I do.

Then no more itching.Smile

Date Posted: Feb 13 2010 at 11:44am
I know that's what I meant, MizzBrit recommended co-washing in braids also. I'm going to try no-poo for at least a month while I'm in the braids. Good or bad idea to ditch shampoo?

Date Posted: Feb 13 2010 at 11:49am
Well, I never used shampoo whenever I was in braids, so it's okay IMO.

I just co-washed.

Date Posted: Feb 13 2010 at 12:09pm
-I love weekly washing
-I really need to DC

Date Posted: Feb 13 2010 at 5:21pm
I can't wait to take this install down. I'm still learning a lot about growth and trying to find out what works for me but I think I'm doing a good job. I can't wait to see my growth!! And let my hair breathe!!!

Posted By: productjunkie
Date Posted: Feb 13 2010 at 6:40pm
mn/mt mixture is the bizness.  I finally got past sl and now cbl.  I should hit apl by the summer, God willing

Posted By: Tink
Date Posted: Feb 14 2010 at 8:36am
My hair strands seem to be so thin in diameter. There is no way my hair is gonna thrive if it's relaxed bone-straight. Texlaxing is sounding like the way to go...

Print Page | Close Window