Forum Name: Weaves / Extensions
Forum Description: Discussions on Weaves
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=237660
Printed Date: Oct 15 2018 at 6:43am

Topic: 1 hour weave
Posted By: jonjelyn
Subject: 1 hour weave
Date Posted: Jan 15 2010 at 3:25pm
Does anyone know of or had the one hour weave done.  They say it last for 2 or 3 months,no glue no braid. Please share any information.

Thanks

Replies:
Posted By: cutescorpio
Date Posted: Jan 15 2010 at 3:43pm
I've had it done before. I was a member for year. There are a few threads about it....I'll try to find them.

Posted By: dreamz
Date Posted: Jan 15 2010 at 4:48pm
Is that the instant weave thing?

Posted By: emails4me
Date Posted: Jan 15 2010 at 8:41pm
No its not ^^^

member_profile.asp?PF=25977&FID=22" rel="no follow - cutescorpio you have to be a member to get the weave?
what happened to this thread? I told my stylist there was gettin ready to be all kinds of comments on this and there are only 2?
She is interested in learning the technique but doesnt know how safe it is for the hair...

Date Posted: Jan 15 2010 at 8:56pm
^ probably because no one really understands what that is? plus, people call weaves so many things now. i always thought quick weave was with glue, though half-wigs were wigs and not fast weaves or whatever.

too many names anymore, but I still want to know what this is. Maybe do a google and come back to us.

Posted By: EGO-CENTRiC
Date Posted: Jan 15 2010 at 9:42pm
never heard of it, does it go by other names?

Posted By: weavequeen83
Date Posted: Jan 15 2010 at 9:51pm
never heard of it..****off to researchGeek***

Posted By: weavequeen83
Date Posted: Jan 15 2010 at 9:51pm
never heard of it..****off to researchGeek***

Posted By: Taniel
Date Posted: Jan 15 2010 at 10:19pm
I have heard about in for some time now, but like others no one really say what exactly it is. There is a website, can't recall at the moment, but of course it doesn't explain the technique.

Posted By: talldee
Date Posted: Jan 15 2010 at 10:35pm
spill the beans.......

Date Posted: Jan 15 2010 at 10:40pm
Its a base done with a few threads like she said and then the hair is attached thats all I know

Posted By: Taniel
Date Posted: Jan 15 2010 at 10:40pm
here's a website with some info
http://www.nobraidsnoglue.com/WEAVE_TECHNIQUE.html" rel="no follow - http://www.nobraidsnoglue.com/WEAVE_TECHNIQUE.html

Date Posted: Jan 15 2010 at 10:43pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIcPoa_9NhE" rel="no follow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIcPoa_9NhE

Posted By: pghbeautydoll
Date Posted: Jan 15 2010 at 11:03pm

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Jan 15 2010 at 11:12pm
Lamp

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Jan 15 2010 at 11:22pm
Confused

Date Posted: Jan 15 2010 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by emails4me emails4me wrote:

No its not ^^^

member_profile.asp?PF=25977&FID=22" rel="no follow - cutescorpio you have to be a member to get the weave?
what happened to this thread? I told my stylist there was gettin ready to be all kinds of comments on this and there are only 2?
She is interested in learning the technique but doesnt know how safe it is for the hair...
No, you dont have to be  member, but it was convienant for me at the time. She took me at early am hours before work and the hair was provided. She did the install and the removal. But, this was about 4 years ago before I discovered BHM...LOL
It used to be called long hair in 90 mins and it's true to its name.

Posted By: SeansMommy
Date Posted: Jan 15 2010 at 11:27pm
How natural looking is it scorpio? And is it better then a regular sew-in? Is it expensive?

Date Posted: Jan 15 2010 at 11:35pm
I have some pics, hold on sec....
As far as it being better, it depends on your preference. She leaves out hair between the tracks, so if you want most of your hair braided up or you're natural, its not for you. That's why I stopped going.
It wasn't really expensive considering that the hair is provided for you, but that was a few years ago, so I dont know how the prices are now.

Date Posted: Jan 15 2010 at 11:46pm
Here you go (2006):

Date Posted: Jan 16 2010 at 1:04am
now that is pretty cutescorpio. so how do they do it?

Posted By: javagirl
Date Posted: Jan 16 2010 at 8:46am
did you have styling versatility...could you pull it back (or up?), or part it? were you able to wash and maintain it yourself at home?  Did you ever go swimming/to the beach in it?  Could you, technically, do your relaxer t/u right on top of it and therefore not have to take it out? 

Posted By: workinonit
Date Posted: Jan 16 2010 at 9:29am
FUNNY..I JUST got this install 4 days ago.. it's my 2nd time and I love it! it looks natural and only took 50 mins. start to finish.

Posted By: Lady_Q_Tee
Date Posted: Jan 16 2010 at 9:44am
I vaugley remember seeing a vid on this before, I think its where they use the string and they sew it in the hair, the way they sew the string in forms something resembling a braid ...

Posted By: tmrockville
Date Posted: Jan 16 2010 at 10:24am
Originally posted by Lady_Q_Tee Lady_Q_Tee wrote:

I vaugley remember seeing a vid on this before, I think its where they use the string and they sew it in the hair, the way they sew the string in forms something resembling a braid ...
Yeah, this is what I remember.  I did it a couple of years ago.  It didn't work for me though because the string in my hair was too tight plus I don't like to leave hair out.

Date Posted: Jan 16 2010 at 10:45am
Originally posted by dreamz dreamz wrote:

now that is pretty cutescorpio. so how do they do it?
Thank you dreamz...you're  sweetheart BTWStar

Let me see if I can explain...Instead of braids, the hair is twisted with thread (it reminds me of fishing wire). She sews the hair onto the thread and leaves out hair in between each track. So your hair has to permed in order for it to look natural. 

I let her do a full head weave one time, but they look wiggy to me. I prefer hair left out.  

Date Posted: Jan 16 2010 at 10:49am
Originally posted by javagirl javagirl wrote:

did you have styling versatility...could you pull it back (or up?), or part it? were you able to wash and maintain it yourself at home?  Did you ever go swimming/to the beach in it?  Could you, technically, do your relaxer t/u right on top of it and therefore not have to take it out? 
Because there was so much hair left out, I could do whatever style I wanted. I could wash it and swim in it like my real hair.

Now as far as relaxing, I've never tried, but I don't think you would want to. As your new growth comes in, the wire loosens, so you don't want to have it in more than 8 weeks. 

Posted By: workinonit
Date Posted: Jan 16 2010 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by tmrockville tmrockville wrote:

[QUOTE=Lady_Q_Tee]I vaugley remember seeing a vid on this before, I think its where they use the string and they sew it in the hair, the way they sew the string in forms something resembling a braid ...
Yeah, this is what I remember.  I did it a couple of years ago.  It didn't work for me though because the string in my hair was too tight plus I don't like to leave hair out.[/QUOTE]

she now has a technique so that you dont leave any hair out..its 99 dollars extra

Posted By: Mahogany_Bliss
Date Posted: Jan 16 2010 at 2:43pm
I still dont understand the method... Cry

Posted By: Magick_Gurl
Date Posted: May 23 2012 at 10:43am
Two years later...
I just discovered this.  Any updates ladies on the exact way it works?
I found this video, but it doesn't really reveal anything.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t075tSg8BZM&feature=related
Thanks Wink

Posted By: breBR3bre
Date Posted: May 23 2012 at 12:20pm
Bumping *off to search for tutorial*

Posted By: LovesLace
Date Posted: May 23 2012 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by breBR3bre breBR3bre wrote:

Bumping *off to search for tutorial*
Sounds like the Malaysian method.

-------------
Losers make excuses! Winners make things happen!

Posted By: JessBWill
Date Posted: May 23 2012 at 3:59pm
Its called the Malaysian sew in. This what get done to my hair. Its braidless and yes the base is made from just hair and thread. Its recommended for ppl with reay short hair or want a very versatile look. I can wear my hair anyway I woud like with no worries of my tracks showing or bulges everywhere.

Posted By: Quiann00
Date Posted: May 23 2012 at 4:11pm
I'm interested in this and there is a location in Baltimore, so that's not far.

Can someone attest to whether this technique is safe for natural hair?  Does it cause breakage? 

Date Posted: May 23 2012 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by Quiann00 Quiann00 wrote:

Can someone attest to whether this technique is safe for natural hair?  Does it cause breakage? 

I cant really answer that bcuz im relaxed but it doesnt do anything to my hair as far as breakage goes.

Date Posted: May 23 2012 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by JessBWill JessBWill wrote:

I cant really answer that bcuz im relaxed but it doesnt do anything to my hair as far as breakage goes.

On the website in ATL, they say the hair is provided.  I don't know if that applies to all the salons.  But were you able to use hair from your stash or did you use the hair they provided?

This would be a dream right now since I just took out my extensions to give my hair a little bit of a rest. 

Date Posted: May 23 2012 at 4:26pm

On the website in ATL, they say the hair is provided.  I don't know if that applies to all the salons.  But were you able to use hair from your stash or did you use the hair they provided?

This would be a dream right now since I just took out my extensions to give my hair a little bit of a rest. 

I used my own hair not that I dont trust the salon hair I just like to know my hair is completely clean and up to my standards before install.

Date Posted: May 23 2012 at 4:29pm

Okay, thanks for the info! I might try this out!

I used my own hair not that I dont trust the salon hair I just like to know my hair is completely clean and up to my standards before install.

Posted By: Magick_Gurl
Date Posted: May 23 2012 at 8:30pm
Thanks..  I appreciate your responses. 
I learned later this evening that all it is - is just a wig attachment that you can braid into your own hair....I think?

Posted By: Veemack
Date Posted: May 24 2012 at 9:21am
This technique reminds me of the dot to dot method.

-------------
I am a happy positive God fearing sister, this is why I can show my face. Freely I speak irl, so I do not need to get on the net to vent. I love positivity. Don't be mad nor confused about that.

Print Page | Close Window