Forum Name: Talk Archives
Forum Description: Archive Section
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=226920
Printed Date: Jul 20 2018 at 7:53pm

Topic: Caught in the rain ....
Posted By: Becky
Subject: Caught in the rain ....
Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 8:29am
Ohhh I met some friends for drinks .. but BANG a big thunderstorm came out of nowhere and I got completely soaked.

So I arrived all wet ... and my girlfrinds just stared at my head. Wink

I casually went to the restroom .. followed by one of them and commenced to combing out my hair very fast like - no big deal hee hee! She just starrrrred. Big%20smile

(See .. you can't comb out a weave ...  and if your weave gets completely wet ... you've got a problem on your hands.)

Well, I just walked back to the table with my wet but ... combed out hair ... and ordered a drink and started talking like it was nothing. Hee hee!

Replies:
Posted By: NadiaPost
Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 8:45am
(See .. you can't comb out a weave ...  and if your weave gets completely wet ... you've got a problem on your hands.)

I've gotten my weave wet when I went swimming and when I got caught in the rain. I combed it out with no problems. Glad your wig withstood the rain, survived and still is standing proudly

Posted By: mscute172
Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 8:50am
^^^yes....but people get that confused look on their faces when they see you combing and brushing from the root and they think its not your hair. Ive had that happen to me quite a few times. Its PRICELESS!!!!

Posted By: AstroEngineer
Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 8:56am
I think it's a little weird how much emphasis is put on hair that some people will just stare others down over it. I guess I just don't get it.

Posted By: slayfresh
Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 9:05am
Originally posted by NadiaPost NadiaPost wrote:

I've gotten my weave wet when I went swimming and when I got caught in the rain. I combed it out with no problems. Glad your wig withstood the rain, survived and still is standing proudly

+1 and even if it did I wouldn't care i'll tell folks if they really want to know if it's a weave or a wig LOL.

matter of fact, I was wearing my LF yesterday and wearing a bun today. LOL

Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 9:24am

Umm but I know people with weaves and they cannot comb the hair all the way through in a fast motion.

They have to comb it in smalls careful ways .. otherwise the comb gets tangled in the tracks or it tugs too much and when it is wet .. it is high and lumpy so then it looks like the weave got wet. Unhappy

What I love about the lf is if the head gets wet ..but the unit is slicked down to my head .. and I can comb it all the way through just like it's mine.

Umm that's VERY different. Wink 

Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 9:25am
Becky sounds like a bad weave.

what you got against weaves? is it impossible to appreciate a lace wig without downing a weave?

Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 9:25am
Originally posted by mscute172 mscute172 wrote:

^^^yes....but people get that confused look on their faces when they see you combing and brushing from the root and they think its not your hair. Ive had that happen to me quite a few times. Its PRICELESS!!!!

PRICELESS Indeed!

I think I'll get caught in the rain more often now. LOL

Posted By: beanybabygirl
Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 9:28am
Originally posted by slayfresh slayfresh wrote:

+1 and even if it did I wouldn't care i'll tell folks if they really want to know if it's a weave or a wig LOL.

matter of fact, I was wearing my LF yesterday and wearing a bun today. LOL

I love watching peoples faces when I do that ... especially at workLOL

Posted By: sweetyangel
Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 11:18am
Yes Becky that is the good thing about wearing a LF. I remeber when I use to wear tracks and if I got caught in the rain my natural hair would *poooof* And the weave would still be straight Big give away!

Posted By: spencer4hire
Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 11:26am

what you got against weaves? is it impossible to appreciate a lace wig without downing a weave?

I agree with all this!

My weave can  be combed all the way outStern%20Smile   I wear Exstensiion Plus relaxed texture and I welcome the rain, lol.   My hair poofs just as the extention hair does and the texture match is dead on.

Posted By: JamaicanBeauty
Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 11:46am
I agree with becky and a few other ladies. I used to wear tracks and its a simple fact that you cannot comb thru tracks as you would a lacefront. Like mscute172 I love combing "my hair' fully through like I would with my natural hair and watch the faces.

Posted By: yourleoqueen
Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by JamaicanBeauty JamaicanBeauty wrote:

I agree with becky and a few other ladies. I used to wear tracks and its a simple fact that you cannot comb thru tracks as you would a lacefront. Like mscute172 I love combing "my hair' fully through like I would with my natural hair and watch the faces.

You comb out your natural hair root to tip with a small comb?

Posted By: JUST_laney
Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Becky Becky wrote:

Ohhh I met some friends for drinks .. but BANG a big thunderstorm came out of nowhere and I got completely soaked.

I casually went to the restroom .. followed by one of them and commenced to combing out my hair very fast like - no big deal hee hee! She just starrrrred. Big%20smile

Well, I just walked back to the table with my wet but ... combed out hair ... and ordered a drink and started talking like it was nothing. Hee hee!

I can comb out my weave if it get's wet with no problem. LOL Looks like somebody need to upgrade their hair.LOLLOL

Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by spencer4hire spencer4hire wrote:

I agree with all this!

My weave can  be combed all the way outStern%20Smile   I wear Exstensiion Plus relaxed texture and I welcome the rain, lol.   My hair poofs just as the extention hair does and the texture match is dead on.

tell em spencer. I don't know who weave's they've been seeing. LOLLOL. When it's raining, I wish I would run. I walk normally. My weave just revert back to wavy and dries beautifully.

Posted By: queencocobrown
Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 12:18pm
When I used to wear weaves, I never had a problem with coming it from root to tip while wet. However, I always comb my hair from the bottom and work my hair up. Even my natural hair is combed that way.Smile

Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by queencocobrown queencocobrown wrote:

When I used to wear weaves, I never had a problem with coming it from root to tip while wet. However, I always comb my hair from the bottom and work my hair up. Even my natural hair is combed that way.Smile
this.

Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by yourleoqueen yourleoqueen wrote:

You quoted me so I'm sure you can see that I didn't say that.

Posted By: yourleoqueen
Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 12:53pm

I'm sure you can see the question marking indicating I was asking a question. Hopefully the below post from mscute that you referenced will clarify for you the reason I asked it.

Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 12:57pm
I still don't see where you are getting at with a "small comb". Maybe I'm having a blonde moment. My natural hair is relaxed so I comb and or brush it with whatever I want.

ETA: No one said anything about the size of the comb. I don't understand why it's relevant and or directed at me?

Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 3:09pm

I agree.

And what's funny is .. no one said anything about using a small comb anyway. Duh!

I have never worn a weave but I know plenty of folks that do and I have never seen them take out a comb and just run it through their hair from root to tip. That has been my experience. Aside from that tge hair starts to tangle and matt anyway .. but before you know it  - it's tume to take the whoile thing out, buy some new hair and start the whole thing all over again. Confused

They are always .. careful. Otherwise, they run the risk of the comb getting caught in the weave tracks or the cornrows or the thread or whatnot.

I think it's funny that this thread has turned into a support of weaves anyway.

This happens all the time. The girls from the weave section troll around up here and the second they hear anything remotely againsts the weave .. they start typing. Ouch

If the weave folks don't like what I have to say ... they will just have to get over it. Free country and all.

Hey, I NEVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVER go into the weave section and try to promote lfs.  Never. Those folks can stick to their own conversations .. but I wish they would stay out of our threads.

Posted By: bweave_itn08
Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 3:12pm
lmao.. what's wrong with yall? lol..

Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 3:15pm
and you own which part of bhm exactly? i wear both and I don't see the point in downing one thing in order to show your love for lw's. i support both with equal love.

Posted By: bronzeg
Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 3:19pm
but u still can't comb too hard, right? an eye brow may get raised or something, right? when i wore my LF i couldn't comb it like i would my hair..i still had to be careful..or my forehead would miraculously rise

Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by bronzeg bronzeg wrote:

but u still can't comb too hard, right? an eye brow may get raised or something, right? when i wore my LF i couldn't comb it like i would my hair..i still had to be careful..or my forehead would miraculously rise

LOL yes... ur brows will move lmao

Posted By: glitz4life89
Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 3:27pm
hmm i was always able to comb my weave and make it look natural...guess it depends on the kind of hair and sew in. But combing LWigs is def. a lot more fun to comb!

Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by bweave_itn08 bweave_itn08 wrote:

LOL yes... ur brows will move lmao
LOL this killed me!

Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 3:44pm

Well, ahhh why would I be combing my hair  ...'hard'? Duh!

Like I said, my hair got wet in the rain and I quickly combed it through while my friend looked at me. That's it.

Funny how you weavers try to twist whatever I say ... LOL

And ... my eyebrows didn't raise UP or anything - geeeeeeeesh! Hee hee!

Hey, if you don't like lfs .. stick with the unbeweavables down in the other forums.

I don't follow YOU folks around.

Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 3:46pm

I'm sure you can see the question marking indicating I was asking a question. Hopefully the below post from mscute that you referenced will clarify for you the reason I asked it.

I meant while wearing a lace wig. Women are so inquisitive when it comes to what you are wearing on your head. In my case....they sometime get confused when they see me make a part in my hair (which you CANNOT do with ANY weave), brush or comb my unit from the scalp. I know deep inside that they want to know my secrets. But, honestly, its just the flawless application techniques i've learned here on BHM........LOL

Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 3:51pm
hmmmm bronzeg doesn't even wear a weave. that's actually all of her hair in her avi. nice baby hair btw Becky.

Posted By: glitz4life89
Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 3:52pm

Like I said, my hair got wet in the rain and I quickly combed it through while my friend looked at me. That's it.

Hey, if you don't like lfs .. stick with the unbeweavables down in the other forums.

..I think most of the ppl who said they could comb thier weave, also wear lacefronts.

Posted By: bronzeg
Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 3:53pm

lol..actually..i'm in the growth section...so ummm...yea...not a weaver..so sowwy..

ETA: thanks slay

i was just confused about combing a LF in a way that would have someone believe it was your hair..b/c i would think one would have to comb it extra carefully so one wouldn't give the people's eye brow..*shrugs*  that's all..nothing against weaves or LF..i love hair..

Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 3:55pm
^^^^NICE!!!!!Smile

Posted By: spencer4hire
Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 4:01pm

*secretly thinks Becky wants to get hooked up with a good weave*Winkjust so you know I/we are not following you around...just seems you have some misconceptions about weaves.   Good quality hair can be wefted as well as ventilated, lol.   My extensions last for years.

I live in Atlanta, and God knows I have seen my share of horrid applications but I am not knocking lacefronts..hell I look for posts from AM, Meechie and a few others that have flawless apps.

Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 4:05pm
Becky your friend was probably staring at you because your LF probably looked unrealistic. You think you are fooling people in the Nothingland but if they are staring at it probably they're is a reason all eyes were on your soaked wig. duh HEE HEE HAW HAWSleepy

Posted By: keishe83
Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 4:07pm

hmmmm bronzeg doesn't even wear a weave. that's actually all of her hair in her avi. nice baby hair btw Becky.
LOL

Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by spencer4hire spencer4hire wrote:

*secretly thinks Becky wants to get hookd up with a good weave*Winkjust so you know I/we are not following you around...just seems you have some misconceptions about weaves.   Good quality hair can be wefted as well as ventilated, lol.   My extensions last for years.

I live in Atlanta, and God knows I have seen my share of horrid applications but I am not knocking lacefronts..hell I look for post from AM, Meechie and a few others that have flawless apps.

yes!

Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 4:10pm

Becky your friend was probably staring at you because your LF probably looked unrealistic. You think you are fooling people in the Nothingland but if they are staring at it probably they're is a reason all eyes were on your soaked wig. duh HEE HEE HAW HAWSleepy
iDIED

Posted By: shoelady
Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 4:22pm

CryCryCryDead
CryCry

Posted By: AstroEngineer
Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 4:25pm

I'm a pretty paranoid person in general, so if I had all eyes on me, I would definitely think this and would run to the bathroom to see if I was giving Mimi from the Drew Carey show a run for her money.

Posted By: AshleysMom
Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 5:15pm
Sorry, but one look at that slick back, shiny silky straight indian remy processed in china and anybody with eyes and common sense would suspect something.  They just probably can't figure out what it is and how it got there.   I think they were being polite, especially if it looks great regardless.  

Posted By: sexibeach
Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by JUST_laney JUST_laney wrote:

I can comb out my weave if it get's wet with no problem. LOL Looks like somebody need to upgrade their hair.LOLLOL
LANEY Hug

If you buy good weave hair it combs out just like a lf... EP hair is probably better than the hair in your lf..

Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 5:26pm
Indian Remy from China is probably some of the most hard to manage hair there is.   I know for a fact, top notch indian remy looks 1000X better.  
I was behind a girl in line at Ross and I swear foe everything, I wanted to snatch that hair out and take it home.   I didn't even know it was a weave until I saw the short hair trying to blend in the front.

Becky is always telling everybody else to look beyond the tip of their own nose, but in this case...the weave world is a huge one and unless you have worn one... how would you know for sure?

Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 5:30pm

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 5:44pm
AM said "trying to blend"LOLLOL

Posted By: foxyroy19
Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 5:48pm

Posted By: tropical-punch
Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 5:56pm

Posted By: NeedTresses
Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 6:07pm

Becky again ???

funny-pictures-cat-scared-sink-water1

Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

LANEY Hug

If you buy good weave hair it combs out just like a lf... EP hair is probably better than the hair in your lf..
hey sexi !!!!!LOLLOL I kno right. I think its a way u say stuff, that can potentially come off wrong and BECKY said it wrong.LOLLOLLOL but I will not say anything cause Russ just unsuspended me.

Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 6:27pm

Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

LANEY Hug

hey sexi !!!!!LOLLOL I kno right. I think its a way u say stuff, that can potentially come off wrong and BECKY said it wrong.LOLLOLLOL but I will not say anything cause Russ just unsuspended me.
i know i wanted you back.. LOL

Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 6:29pm
Becky since you CLEARLY can't understand or conceptualize good wefted hair. I have posted a picture. I'm sure if any of that gets wet is gonna just curly on up.

Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 6:31pm
Why is that pic making my mouth water?

it must be new hair time.

Posted By: Tressa
Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 6:33pm

Awwww guys!  I wore weave and paid hundreds for the hair...but I didn't know how to comb it and I self-installed always n a hurry.  So!!! as long as there was no wind or rain, I was the ish...but in inclimate weather I looked like Mrs. HYDE. Even Diana Ross got caught in a rainstorm once and her braid popped out of the weave.  Now you Divas have madd skills..don't y'all comedown hard on some of the less skilled. I used to be one.  You also have exemplary taste in hair..but everybody ain't got it. Now I wear both flawlessly...still my comforrt level in the LF is stronger(mental)

Today I walk around in the rain without a scarf and shake the wet off!  Nothing like it...NOTHING LIKE THAT FEELING..I swear!!  GO BECKY GAL!! 

Posted By: sweetcarib
Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 6:45pm
Yes Tressa! I walk fearless in the rain, because I know that I don't have to worry about my own hair reverting to it's natural texture!

Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 6:48pm
^^^^me either cause I wear closures lol

Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 8:35pm
^^^^^....so I have a question and I know this isn't the section,but how  do you manage the absence of baby hair in a rain/windstorm?  Is there is special method to hide the edges with a closure and not a frontal?

Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by Tressa Tressa wrote:

^^^^^....so I have a question and I know this isn't the section,but how  do you manage the absence of baby hair in a rain/windstorm?  Is there is special method to hide the edges with a closure and not a frontal?
I'm not understanding. Are u asking how I hide my tracks? And baby hair does come on closures. In windstorms the wind does not expose the tracks and in rain, the hair just get wet and lay like regular hair.

Date Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by NeedTresses NeedTresses wrote:

Becky again ???

funny-pictures-cat-scared-sink-water1

Oh yes, me again! Hee hee!

I am always getting ganged up on Ouch by 'the mean girls' or 'the usual suspects' on this forum.

(shrugs) Sometimes .. I don't have to say much at all. LOL 

LOLLOLLOL It's amaaaaazing! LOLLOLLOL

Date Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 12:01am

^^^ When it keeps on happening,it's not them; its u.

Date Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 12:13am

<----speechless  and sleepless but laughing my whole as off . shoot I think I done lost some inches I bet I'll be ready for swimsuit season  

Date Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 12:30am
http://i29.tinypic.com/21abdyr.jpg" rel="no follow - http://i29.tinypic.com/21abdyr.jpg" rel="no follow -
Originally posted by Becky

I am always getting ganged up on Ouch by 'the mean girls' or 'the usual suspects' on this forum.

LOLLOLLOL It's amaaaaazing
http://i30.tinypic.com/21abdyr.jpg" rel="no follow"> http://i30.tinypic.com/21abdyr.jpg" rel="no follow -

http://i26.tinypic.com/m959fm.jpg" rel="no follow">   http://i26.tinypic.com/m959fm.jpg" rel="no follow -

http://i29.tinypic.com/21abdyr.jpg" rel="no follow -

Posted By: oneandonlysonya
Date Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 12:41am
Ok the weave must be bad over processed bss hair vs. a virgin lacefront. I get it.

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 12:41am

Me too, I had a wet and wavy install when I went to the water park.

Posted By: oneandonlysonya
Date Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 12:47am
I think it is cute though when your hair gets all wet in the rain and still look natural and flawless.

Date Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 1:08am

Awwww guys!  I wore weave and paid hundreds for the hair...but I didn't know how to comb it and I self-installed always n a hurry.  So!!! as long as there was no wind or rain, I was the ish...but in inclimate weather I looked like Mrs. HYDE. Even Diana Ross got caught in a rainstorm once and her braid popped out of the weave.  Now you Divas have madd skills..don't y'all comedown hard on some of the less skilled. I used to be one.  You also have exemplary taste in hair..but everybody ain't got it. Now I wear both flawlessly...still my comforrt level in the LF is stronger(mental)

Today I walk around in the rain without a scarf and shake the wet off!  Nothing like it...NOTHING LIKE THAT FEELING..I swear!!  GO BECKY GAL!! 

Oh yes, I heard about that incident with Diana. Confused Embarrassing...

Oh well ...

btw - my diagnosis of the above...  (Mean girls = High School = jealous and insecure ... feels need to lash out at others. ) LOL

Date Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 8:49am
Originally posted by sweetcarib sweetcarib wrote:

Yes Tressa! I walk fearless in the rain, because I know that I don't have to worry about my own hair reverting to it's natural texture!

I thought it was just me LOL, whenever it rains now I NEVER take an umbrella ...

Date Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 8:51am
Originally posted by NeedTresses NeedTresses wrote:

<----speechless  and sleepless but laughing my whole as off . shoot I think I done lost some inches I bet I'll be ready for swimsuit season  

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Date Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 8:51am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Why is that pic making my mouth water?

it must be new hair time.

Me too NewDiva ... I was about to ask if she was having a sale LOLLOL

Date Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 8:52am

^^^ When it keeps on happening,it's not them; its u.

just for emphasis

Posted By: Visje
Date Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 9:57am

http://i29.tinypic.com/21abdyr.jpg" rel="no follow - http://i29.tinypic.com/21abdyr.jpg" rel="no follow -
Originally posted by Becky

LOLLOLLOL It's amaaaaazing
http://i30.tinypic.com/21abdyr.jpg" rel="no follow"> http://i30.tinypic.com/21abdyr.jpg" rel="no follow -

http://i26.tinypic.com/m959fm.jpg" rel="no follow">   http://i26.tinypic.com/m959fm.jpg" rel="no follow -

http://i29.tinypic.com/21abdyr.jpg" rel="no follow -

LOLLOLLOL

Posted By: keishe83
Date Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 10:14am
^LOL

Date Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 11:02am

I'm not understanding. Are u asking how I hide my tracks? And baby hair does come on closures. In windstorms the wind does not expose the tracks and in rain, the hair just get wet and lay like regular hair.
^^^ Yes!  How do you hide ur tracks?  Because without a full frontal a windy rain exposes tracks on some.
EX:  If a person has fine/soft hair exposed..it will fly easily no matter what u do unless it's gelled unnaturally which is harmful to the hair!
I've seen the best techniques (or so I thought) for videos, shoots, movies..been on the sets.  Weave is weave but lace is a whole different ballgame.  So if there is a way to have natural edges (All of the client hair braided or gelled down with no naural ahir exposed)  with track HAIR PLEASE POST THE LINK or pm me!!  Now some folk wear "helmet hair" and it does not move shake or stir.  It is pasted down to the head and looks like toy doll hair.  If that's your choice...then I get it! 
On the other hand, some people buy triple drawn hair.  It looks great until the silicone coating washes off. THe cuticles get to rubbintogether and
POOF, SNARL AND TANGLING are unavoidable.
I'm sure Ms. Becky ( who is unafraid to speak her mind and is generally respected for it (this is a forum where all opinions are welcomed) has a valid point.  I've had and seen some sorry weaves

Date Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 11:05am

Oh well ...

btw - my diagnosis of the above...  (Mean girls = High School = jealous and insecure ... feels need to lash out at others. ) LOL

I know it turned really mean ......Cry

Date Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 11:08am
yeah...yeah!!!Tongue to all the haters when we are SINGIN and SLINGIN in the rain

Date Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 11:10am

Oh well ...

Jealous of what?   I'll make it easy, name 3 things.  No, I'll make it even easier... name ONE.   I won't hold my breath waiting.

Posted By: etoile
Date Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 11:19am

Are you sure she wasn't staring because she was wondering why your wet hair doesn't 'revert' or wave up a little bit? She could have been fascinated that your hair, looks more shiny when wet, than most black people. The texture might have looked unnatural, since its Indian Virgin and she might have been thinking that something was 'off' even if she couldn't put her finger on it.

Date Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 11:21am
Becky as intelligent as you are, you must have realized that when you pitted weaves vs. LF's,  the weave ladies were gonna come out swinging at you like a piņata on Cinco De Mayo.

Also, based on another thread, some of us believe you don't really like black Americans due to some of your derogatory statements and the fact that you ran away from us so you can live among the lilly whites.     We are all entitled to our opinions though, even if some may find them offensive.  Keep doing you.

Date Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 11:23am
etoile,  I agree cause that china IR processed "virgin" is about as close to european as you can buy from a CV.
I'll wear it, but it certainly is not the most realistic texture on some of us.

Posted By: ilovelife
Date Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 11:25am
i hate to hijack this thread but AM can you please pretty please read your pm'sEmbarrassedi need your helpEmbarrassed

Date Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 12:07pm
Ilovelife ... love your AVI ... so preciousHeart

Date Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by AshleysMom AshleysMom wrote:

Becky as intelligent as you are, you must have realized that when you pitted weaves vs. LF's,  the weave ladies were gonna come out swinging at you like a piņata on Cinco De Mayo.

Also, based on another thread, some of us believe you don't really like black Americans due to some of your derogatory statements and the fact that you ran away from us so you can live among the lilly whites.     We are all entitled to our opinions though, even if some may find them offensive.  Keep doing you.

Clap and Becky you're too old for the whole 'they don't agree with me they are jealous' theory that sh*t is for children that don't know no better.

Date Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 12:17pm

Clap and Becky you're too old=nutshell for the whole 'they don't agree with me they are jealous' theory that sh*t is for children that don't know no better.

See when I commented on her bs responses, folks was looking at me sideways wanting to call and pm a sistah ..Becky you str8 ran into this one

funny-pictures-cat-crashed-into-door

Date Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by ilovelife ilovelife wrote:

i hate to hijack this thread but AM can you please pretty please read your pm'sEmbarrassedi need your helpEmbarrassed
I got-chu

Posted By: NYhair
Date Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 12:55pm

I agree.

And what's funny is .. no one said anything about using a small comb anyway. Duh!

I have never worn a weave but I know plenty of folks that do and I have never seen them take out a comb and just run it through their hair from root to tip. That has been my experience. Aside from that tge hair starts to tangle and matt anyway .. but before you know it  - it's tume to take the whoile thing out, buy some new hair and start the whole thing all over again. Confused

They are always .. careful. Otherwise, they run the risk of the comb getting caught in the weave tracks or the cornrows or the thread or whatnot.

This happens all the time. The girls from the weave section troll around up here and the second they hear anything remotely againsts the weave .. they start typing. Ouch

If the weave folks don't like what I have to say ... they will just have to get over it. Free country and all.

Hey, I NEVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVER go into the weave section and try to promote lfs.  Never. Those folks can stick to their own conversations .. but I wish they would stay out of our threads.

I'm sorry.. I had to comment on these two statements.. I wore LF's for a couple of years ..until I got tired of the maintenance..still have about 20+ or so of them in my hair storage facility LOL.. but I've been wearing weaves because IMO they are just easier for me to deal with.. I've been wearing the same hair on and off for almost 8 months now.. without a tangle or a matt.. AND I finger comb my hair in the shower every morning..I go to school (I'm a Exercise Phys major at the moment) take a variety of physical class.. sweat like a man.. jump in the shower rinse .. fluff and go.... soooooo.. I'm kinda confused about what your point is here...

Posted By: ilovelife
Date Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by beanybabygirl beanybabygirl wrote:

Ilovelife ... love your AVI ... so preciousHeart

thank youEmbarrassedand thanks AM

Posted By: SweetLikeHuney
Date Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 1:22pm
Taking a risk to try to clarify the point I THINK Becky was trying to make:

I used to wear sew-ins.  I don't think she was talking about the actual HAIR and that is what people are jumping on.  Yes, you can get a sew-in wet, and if the hair quality is good, it will comb out the same as a LW.  I think she was talking about the actual braided foundation. You CANNOT comb over the braids smoothly without the comb jumping a bit as it runs over the braids. Now I know someone is going to jump in and defend this as well (" I get my cornrows micro-size, or I can comb over mine no problem), but I am willing to bet that you can run a comb from the SCALP to ENDS on a LF better, because the cornrows are not there, creating lumps and bumps.  And also, unless your braids are teeny tiny, if the hair gets wet, and you pull it back, you CAN see the lumbs and bumps of the braids. I have seen that on many people. I think we all forget that the majority of weave/wig wearers have never heard of BHM, so we assume EVERYONE is on our level, when the majority have "bad" weaves. I think Becky was referring to them.

I think thats the point Becky was trying to make, but it turned into a hair quality type thing.

Date Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 1:22pm

Becky as intelligent as you are, you must have realized that when you pitted weaves vs. LF's,  the weave ladies were gonna come out swinging at you like a piņata on Cinco De Mayo.LOLCry

Here in the Netherlands we do have a lot of black people around atleast where i come from

Date Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 1:31pm
SweetLikeHuney

I love your hair in your avi

Posted By: SweetLikeHuney
Date Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Visje Visje wrote:

SweetLikeHuney

I love your hair in your avi

Oh thank you! That's actually one of my HAM moments. So that makes me feel a bit better.  I got that from the Hair Fairy and the knots were a little to light for my complexion. Beautiful hair/quality though.

Posted By: sweetyangel
Date Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 1:38pm
Wooooooooooowwwwwwwwww.......... I leave for a few hours and come back and all h*ll has broke lose

Date Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by NYhair NYhair wrote:

I agree.

I'm sorry.. I had to comment on these two statements.. I wore LF's for a couple of years ..until I got tired of the maintenance..still have about 20+ or so of them in my hair storage facility LOL.. but I've been wearing weaves because IMO they are just easier for me to deal with.. I've been wearing the same hair on and off for almost 8 months now.. without a tangle or a matt.. AND I finger comb my hair in the shower every morning..I go to school (I'm a Exercise Phys major at the moment) take a variety of physical class.. sweat like a man.. jump in the shower rinse .. fluff and go.... soooooo.. I'm kinda confused about what your point is here...

what?!  what u say?  u got a storage facility?  what u got in there?  u lookin' to sell?Big%20smile

Posted By: 2Angelz
Date Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 2:03pm

I'm sorry.. I had to comment on these two statements.. I wore LF's for a couple of years ..until I got tired of the maintenance..still have about 20+ or so of them in my hair storage facility LOL.. but I've been wearing weaves because IMO they are just easier for me to deal with.. I've been wearing the same hair on and off for almost 8 months now.. without a tangle or a matt.. AND I finger comb my hair in the shower every morning..I go to school (I'm a Exercise Phys major at the moment) take a variety of physical class.. sweat like a man.. jump in the shower rinse .. fluff and go.... soooooo.. I'm kinda confused about what your point is here... [/QUOTE]  
Should pay a visit to the Festive Season Clean Up post Big%20smile

Posted By: NYhair
Date Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by 2Angelz 2Angelz wrote:

[/QUOTE]

hehehe.. nuh uh.. I'm keepin' all my hair.. you never know when the Great Hair Famine is coming.. *runs off to put away the pound of Halley Creole Wavy that I just got in the mail*

Posted By: 2Angelz
Date Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 2:08pm

Originally posted by 2Angelz 2Angelz wrote:

hehehe.. nuh uh.. I'm keepin' all my hair.. you never know when the Great Hair Famine is coming.. *runs off to put away the pound of Halley Creole Wavy that I just got in the mail*
[/QUOTE]

LOLLOL  don't blame you with some of the wigs ppl around here have been getting, I'im doing my own investigations on vendors! I don't want my hair to end up a tangled mat when I get caught in the rain! LOLLOL

Date Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 2:08pm
*dang it*^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Date Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 2:09pm
^^^^LOL

Date Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 2:28pm

yeah...yeah!!!Tongue to all the haters when we are SINGIN and SLINGIN in the rain

http://i44.tinypic.com/2wncvbq.jpg" rel="no follow"> The word hater should be abolished and never used. http://i44.tinypic.com/2wncvbq.jpg" rel="no follow -

Date Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 2:30pm
Nadia you know when two people don't agree or like the same thing it makes one person a hater and he other one a pink panther helmet wearing window licking genius.

Posted By: Afrocentchic
Date Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 2:41pm
Dead @ this entire thread...wow.

Date Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 2:44pm
LOL

Print Page | Close Window