Print Page | Close Window

Zahara Jolie-Pitts Hair

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Hair Care
Forum Name: Hair Growth
Forum Description: Hair Growth issues, solutions, and discussions.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=218743
Printed Date: Jan 23 2022 at 9:17pm

Topic: Zahara Jolie-Pitts Hair
Posted By: inspiredbeauty
Subject: Zahara Jolie-Pitts Hair
Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 7:48pm
Is it just me or does this little girl's hair look a hot mess! They need to get a black stylist to put some cute twists in that before it ends up damaged from improper care.

http://english.cri.cn/6666/2009/09/25/1321s518416.htm#" rel="no follow - http://english.cri.cn/6666/2009/09/25/1321s518416.htm#

Replies:
Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 8:02pm
This will not end well.

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=218420" rel="no follow - http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=218420

&

forum_posts.asp?TID=200111" rel="no follow - http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=200111

Posted By: CincygirlD
Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 8:02pm
It always looks bad, and I think they should be ashamed of themselves for it

Posted By: Creole_honey
Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 8:07pm
Why should it be put in twist? It looks fine to me. It looks like she has a nice curly afro.

Posted By: laz22girl
Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 8:08pm
No worse than the clothes those kids have on...yea, yea, I get they are kids, but geesh.

Posted By: nitabug
She nor they should be ashamed. It's natural, not unkept, not matted, not flat. She is a child. & just because she is a child of color does not mean she needs a thousand balls and barrettes, twists, or headbands or gelled/greased down styles.

geez, I swear some of you need to take a trip to the natural section.

Posted By: MizzBrit

ITS WHAT NATURAL HAIR  SUPPOSE TO LOOK LIKE.
SHEESHStern%20Smile

Posted By: DimeMariie08
Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

This will not end well.

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=218420" rel="no follow - http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=218420

&

forum_posts.asp?TID=200111" rel="no follow - http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=200111

It's like a million and one topics on this baby's hair! I mean dang!!!! I thought this was the hair growth section not the hair criticism section sheeesh!

Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by CincygirlD CincygirlD wrote:

What looks bad about it? I don't get it. I see a cute little girl with a cute afro. She has nothing to be ashamed of. It is a nice curly afro and she is CUTE. What's the problem?

Posted By: vida
Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 8:15pm
I like her curly fro!

Posted By: datigress2005
Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 8:15pm
*lurks*

Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by NaturalNigerian NaturalNigerian wrote:

Checks Avi pic.

Its funny you would say that.

^^ is why I'm here learning.
I didn't even bother to look at the link, I know everytime I see this little girl i think they should do something to her hair. it doen't have to have a thousand plaits in it, but some moisture would be nice. I like everyone else here has a right to their opinion.

Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 8:26pm

Why is she not holding her S-Curl bottle at all times?

Posted By: Dakotablu
Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by MizzBrit MizzBrit wrote:

SHEESHStern%20Smile

This x 20

Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 8:29pm

Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 8:29pm
Thanks for the summary of how this one will go NN, I guess no one else should bother saying anything

Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 8:32pm
I think we should just agree to disagree and call it a night. Not everyone has the same taste, right? What looks good to me, may not look good to another. There is no need to turn this into a fight.

Posted By: beauty23
Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 8:34pm

SHEESHStern%20Smile
IA MizzBrit why are people getting mad like what is wrong with it looks like not much manipulation which is gud 2 me and she probably has shrinkage 2 itz natural duh...itz alwayz somethin if she had a relaxer o sumthin yall still will have sumthin 2 say about her leave dat little gurl alone ...

Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 8:38pm

Originally posted by Creole_honey Creole_honey wrote:

What looks bad about it? I don't get it. I see a cute little girl with a cute afro. She has nothing to be ashamed of. It is a nice curly afro and she is CUTE. What's the problem?

I think I went on overload with this Zahara stuff lately, and I dont even care what results from this, but I'm gonna summarize all the negative posts about this kid:

Nappy hair should be dressed up with barrettes and ribbons, it looks terrible by itself. What black child should grow up being confident in her own beauty? Shame on her parents!

Only white girls and them gals with good hair should be allowed to just wear their hair out.

Angelina doesn't understand black hair, she needs a black woman to take care of her black child's hair, since most black women know what they are doing with their own hair can't you tell since we are ALL waist length?

She needs to moisturize. Why is she not holding her S-Curl bottle at all times?
um sorri but wth is ur problem shes embracing bein natural how is dat wrong how can u say dat u dont even know Angelina and anybody should be allowed 2 wear their hair out..ur very hypocritical especially ur account name surprised u out of all people would say sumthing like dat..n not every gurl needs barrettes or wateva..

Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 8:39pm
I don't agree at all with that's how natural hair looks. Natural hair doesn't have to be unkempt all over your head. I look at fotki's daily of natural hair and it's kempt and done. Zahara's hair just grows...it doesn't look like they put anything in it.

There was a thread about this on naturallycurly.com today...and the general concensus was that most of us are from the old school mentality that hair should be 'done'. I am not talking 50 barettes, a perm or anything else drastic...but stick a headband in it. Give it some pazazz...and I say the same thing about Shiloh's hair when it's out...it's unkempt.

I like kempt hair!

Posted By: MissCassC
Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 8:41pm
beauty 23, she was being facetious.

Posted By: starfox
Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 8:42pm
she looks fine...angie's kids IN GENERAL - ALL OF THEM always look very free-spirited i have a feeling she just lets them look how they please...if its not hurting them why should we care?

Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 8:43pm
i mean yea it could look better but people on here sayin she shouldnt be wearin it out etc wth like..u know and u dont need 2 put barrettes in a girls hair a relaxer o anything 2 make a little gurl's hairlook better datz all im sayin/ok im done..lolz dat jus got me mad alittle,..

Posted By: workinonit
Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 8:43pm
I think its cute.. nice and coiled...

Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 8:44pm

I know I didn't get a perm until I was about 11, and didn't get another one until I was about 16...and I never wore a million barettes. However, my mom always had our hair combed and presentable.

It looks like AJ's children just wake up and go out in public. That drives me crazy...it has nothing to do with natural vs. unnatural hair. It has to do with combing vs. not combing hair.

Posted By: yaya24
Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 8:45pm
Her hair looks better/healthier than some of the people on this site.

Threads picking on children in the growth section.. Shame shame shame

Posted By: 9osZBehbi
Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 8:50pm
Seeing that she is 4, I don't care.

I don't judge someone who I am a decade and a half older than (about).

Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 8:51pm

Originally posted by yaya24 yaya24 wrote:

Her hair looks better/healthier than some most of the people on this site, including the posters talking about her.

I fixed that for you.

Thanks hun!!Thumbs%20Up

Posted By: Tangie
Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 8:51pm
Here we go again with this subject. There is nothing wrong with that child's hair. That is what natural hair looks like. It doesn't go down, it goes out.

Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by laz22girl laz22girl wrote:

I know I didn't get a perm until I was about 11, and didn't get another one until I was about 16...and I never wore a million barettes. However, my mom always had our hair combed and presentable.

It looks like AJ's children just wake up and go out in public. That drives me crazy...it has nothing to do with natural vs. unnatural hair. It has to do with combing vs. not combing hair.

so how can you tell the difference in combed natural hair and uncombed in a picture?

Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 8:57pm

There is a difference in letting hair just fly and doing something to do it...that's my opinion. Yours is different. We will agree to disagree.

Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 9:03pm
dang, so natural hair cant fly with the wind without looking unkempt and uncombed?
ok.

Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 9:05pm

There is a difference in letting hair just fly and doing something to do it...that's my opinion. Yours is different. We will agree to disagree.

White peoples hair flies.
How come ours can't?

And like I said before, I hate seeing Shiloh's hair unkempt also. It's my thing. I don't like seeing any person's hair just flapping in the wind with no direction.

I guess my family ingrained the importance of making sure hair was kempt.

It has nothing to do with her texture, etc. It has to do with her looking unkempt. Her and Shiloh look unkempt to me.

Posted By: lsubabiedee
Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 9:13pm
some of yall are the reason some black babies stay baldheaded throughout life.  

there is nothing wrong with her hair.   she's black.  that's what our hair looks like when it's not shellacked or permed up.   

Posted By: lsubabiedee
Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 9:14pm

Her hair looks better/healthier than some most of the people on this site, including the posters talking about her.

I fixed that for you.

THANK YOU!

Posted By: blueberry109
Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 9:14pm

I don't agree at all with that's how natural hair looks. Natural hair doesn't have to be unkempt all over your head. I look at fotki's daily of natural hair and it's kempt and done. Zahara's hair just grows...it doesn't look like they put anything in it.   [your second bolded comment means that you KNOW natural hair looks like that without extra products, you just don't like it]

There was a thread about this on naturallycurly.com today...and the general concensus was that most of us are from the old school mentality that hair should be 'done'.  I am not talking 50 barettes, a perm or anything else drastic...but stick a headband in it. Give it some pazazz maybe the pizazz is letting those curls be free? allowing them to be as striking and glorious as god made them???  ...and I say the same thing about Shiloh's hair when it's out...it's unkempt. baby girls aren't baby dolls. if the child doesn't like it, and it isn't necessary, why on earth force it on them?

I like kempt hair!

Posted By: Nichole23
Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 9:15pm

SHEESHStern%20Smile

Repost!! Clap

Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 9:17pm

I am not going to keep drilling my point in. I love natural hair. I am growing my relaxer out and will soon be all natural, my little sister is natural, I love her coils--in fact she wore them out the day. HOwever, I didn't just wash her hair and she went. I washed her hair and i put it in a one up one down style. So it looked neat, but her hair was still out. I have nothing against hair being out. I do have something against the wake up and go look with ANYONE...NOT JUST NATURAL BLACKS!

My goodness.

This is MY opinion...you don't have to agree, but don't imply that I am some self hating black person. I am far from that.

I like hair that is neat on ANYONE.

Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 9:17pm

DP

Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 9:19pm

They should be ashamed.  How dare they not slap a relaxer in it or lock down those natural tresses with a million bows/clips.  How dare they have a Black child and not know black hair should be restrained/locked down at all times. 

Confused

Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 9:19pm
It is a shame how negative some of us feel about our own natural hair...

Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 9:21pm
And here is a thread of beautifully styled natural hair from naturally curly. Not one of those people walked out of their house with bedhead. Sorry. I don't agree that natural hair should look like you just woke up:

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=69386" rel="no follow - http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=69386

Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by Creole_honey Creole_honey wrote:

It is a shame how negative some of us feel about our own natural hair...

Girl, you ain't know.  Black kids are not allowed to have fros.

Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 9:25pm
nichole!!!
your hair...
i didnt know you started locking!
i love itHeart

Posted By: JeTaime
Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 9:40pm
looks good 2 me

Posted By: DarkEyes
Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 9:40pm
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/rawbery79/Gifs/simpsons.gif

Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 9:43pm
Thanks! And like the siggy says... I'm conceitedly in-love with these locs!  http://www.dogmall.co.uk/dog-beds-baskets/hard-dog-beds/" rel="no follow">   lol

Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 9:47pm
with the exception of the twa,
EVERY one of those hairstyles was manipulated. braided, twisted out, shingled. not a single one is a wash n go, or fingercombed style.

i'm standing with the rest... shame on us if black folks can't see beauty in a little black girl with her family and head full of riotous curls.

ugh!

Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by Nichole23 Nichole23 wrote:

Thanks! And like the siggy says... I'm conceitedly in-love with these locs!  http://www.dogmall.co.uk/dog-beds-baskets/hard-dog-beds/" rel="no follow">   lol

BEAUTIFULLLLLLLL

did you have mbl a while ago? if you are the same poster,  congrats on the cut!

Posted By: Napp
Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 9:48pm
all them kids look a hot mess to me *shrugs*

Posted By: pattigurlatl
Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 9:56pm
I think it looks cute. Shi's hair needs something done to it.

Posted By: Jeseslovesme
Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 10:07pm
I hope this thread dies a horrible death...

Posted By: GoodKarma4me
Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 10:19pm
who gives a rats arse what her hair looks like.....shoot that little girl is worth millions..I wish auntie Angie and uncle bradd would adopt my black arse.....Smile

Posted By: MizzAmirah
Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 10:24pm
dp

Posted By: MissCassC
Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by GoodKarma4me GoodKarma4me wrote:

who gives a rats arse what her hair looks like.....shoot that little girl is worth millions..I wish auntie Angie and uncle bradd would adopt my black arse.....Smile

Girl, you ain't never lied.

Posted By: MizzAmirah
Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by inspiredbeauty inspiredbeauty wrote:

Is it just me or does this little girl's hair look a hot mess! They need to get a black stylist to put some cute twists in that before it ends up damaged from improper care.

http://english.cri.cn/6666/2009/09/25/1321s518416.htm#" rel="no follow - http://english.cri.cn/6666/2009/09/25/1321s518416.htm#

I know right? it's atrocious? She really DOES need a black stylist to put in a perm, weave, and a hot comb tho!!I feel ya!
ummm.......so what's wrong with her hair again? oh ok, it's nappy huh? dat damn baby {sucks teeth, nonsense and rubbish!]

Posted By: simjam
Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 10:28pm
WOW I actually came in here expecting to see some receding edges and one sorry pigtail holding on for dear life to the last 20 stands of hair.

the kids hair is gorgeous, from the few pics Ive seen here online

Posted By: knt1229
Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 11:05pm
The child's hair is fine. She's just a child and all she is doing all day is playing. It's not like she's walking the red carpet.

I would rather see her hair like this than to see it in a million little ponytails and barrettes all over her head. Or even worse a weave or relaxer. 

I see little black girls who have black mothers and they have dry damaged hair and the 4 strands of hair they have is in about 20 ponytails and 200 barrettes. Or broken off chewed up relaxed hair with headbands and barrettes.

God willing Zee will grow up loving and accepting herself for the way God made her, instead of, having to suffer the pain of relaxers and too tight weaves because she has been brainwashed to believe that natural hair is unkempt, undesirable, unacceptable, and dirty.

Hopefully, she won't need a hair journey like many of us because she won't buy into the madness.

Posted By: ebonydivine
Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 11:16pm
This thread has been a great read lol.

Either way nothing is wrong with the childs head.  Shes natural end of story.

Posted By: teendiva
Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 11:21pm
inspiredbeauty, are you black?

Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 11:27pm

This will not end well.

&

was about to post these. Yep.
I guess i could just copy and paste my response from any of those threads...LOL
here goes...

Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

I’m sure they must comb her hair…however, some 4bs simply never look combed, because the moment you take the comb out of it, it rolls right back up. Its what african hair does.

Posted By: LdySpartyLo
Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 11:31pm
I think this post has highlighted what people do and do not consider as having one's hair "done".  On TMZ, a picture of the Jolie-Pitt crew was being discussed and the black female contributor, without even looking at the picture asked, "Is Zahara's hair done?"  The other contributors (white) asked what she meant and she said that Zahara is usually out without her hair being done.  One person's free form 'fro is another's unkempt hair.

Posted By: supermodelsonya
Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 11:36pm
So anybody catch something good on TV tonight? I've had a horrible day at work....

Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 11:38pm
and....

as for how 'dry' her hair
appears to be....

afro/4b/nappy hair (even 4 a) looks dry and unmoisturized, even when it isnt. Its just what it is. By definition, it cannot reflect light, hence the most moisturized 4b hair will still look dry

and LOL

we really need to get over our black selves...4b hair doesnt have tendrils and coils that fall "cutely"against the forehead or face. Its grows UP  and OUT, not down and in the meantime, it may look uncombed or even ugly or "embarrassing" to some....but its something we have to unlearn...our hair is the complete opposite of caucasian hair....and when youve been conditioned to think straight or Joan Clayton curls are pretty, its hard to retrain your mind, but just remember...what that child's hair is doing, is exactly what black hairdoes, thats how it looks.
Who dont want to look at it, there's always an option. shrug.

and with that, i hope this ends well, with no obeah and number two pencils and cream soda...
Goodnight nurse.

LOL

Posted By: Jadaya
Date Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 5:34am
I think it looks CUTE!!
I am glad they left her hair in it's natural state.  Clap

Posted By: Jess
Date Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 5:49am
Her hair is lovely.
At least Angelina isnt slicking a relaxer through her child's hair like some women.ConfusedAngry

Posted By: alynxx
Date Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 6:57am
Z's hair is fine. It's just a curly afro and she should be allowed to have her hair in its natural state. Let's not forget that the child is only 4 years old! Jeez!

Posted By: Missloli
Date Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 8:07am
ooookaay...

The discrepancy isnt whether the girl's hair looks bad natural or not, it's about how "unkempt" it looks in the picture.

MY OPINION:

I think she looks fine for the most part, but with that said, it wouldn't hurt momma Angie to slap a headband on it or put it in a ponytail every now and again, i've truly never seen this little girl with one bow in her head lol.. she's still exceedingly adoreable though lol. But all her kids for the exception of the little asian boy (forgot his name >.<, k-pax is it?) looks pretty rough lol..As a child, my mother took PRIDE in the way she dressed and did all 5 of our heads. I personaly never walked out the house without my hair combed and my mother made sure of that.. and I was all natural at that time with wild pouffy hair..

But think about it guys they're just going to get some freakin toys lol it's not  like their going to a fancy gala.. kids will be freakin kids!!

-la

Posted By: tropical-punch
Date Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 8:17am
From the looks of that far away pic it looks wild. 

Posted By: Yardgirl
Date Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 8:19am

Checks Avi pic.

Its funny you would say that.

ShockedLOLLOLLOLLOL

Posted By: prettigurl
Date Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 8:22am
She looks adorable!

Date Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 8:30am
Originally posted by Missloli Missloli wrote:

ooookaay...

The discrepancy isnt whether the girl's hair looks bad natural or not, it's about how "unkempt" it looks in the picture.

MY OPINION:

I think she looks fine for the most part, but with that said, it wouldn't hurt momma Angie to slap a headband on it or put it in a ponytail every now and again, i've truly never seen this little girl with one bow in her head lol.. she's still exceedingly adoreable though lol. But all her kids for the exception of the little asian boy (forgot his name >.<, k-pax is it?) looks pretty rough lol..As a child, my mother took PRIDE in the way she dressed and did all 5 of our heads. I personaly never walked out the house without my hair combed and my mother made sure of that.. and I was all natural at that time with wild pouffy hair..

But think about it guys they're just going to get some freakin toys lol it's not  like their going to a fancy gala.. kids will be freakin kids!!

-la

that's my point.

Posted By: workinonit
Date Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 8:31am
Dunno about yall but I would much rather see her hair in a cute natural state than to see  a small child with a relaxer.

Yall know how Hollywood want u to have "long shiny straight hair"..Thank goodness Brangelina aint puttin that creamy crack on that baby's head. Im sure if so, they would be postin somethin bout that.

Posted By: Carib_n_curly
Date Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 8:32am
cute

Posted By: prettygirlmin04
Date Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 9:17am
no....not this up in growth...

*sighs*

Posted By: naturalTAN
Date Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 9:18am
"Hopefully, she won't need a hair journey like many of us because she won't buy into the madness."

Star

Posted By: simjam
Date Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 9:19am

and....

and with that, i hope this ends well, with no obeah and number two pencils and cream soda...
Goodnight nurse.

LOL

DWBCL
WT effin H

^^LOL!

--la

Posted By: Napp

i think the clothing choices are more distracting than the hairStern%20Smile

Posted By: Carib_n_curly
Date Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 9:25am
yeah the clothes are Stern%20Smile

Date Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 9:28am
definately! but they're "celebrities" they get away with weird ish

-la

Posted By: LiberianQueen83
Date Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 10:01am

How can you tell her hair is not "combed" from a picture? Do you see little knots and piece of lint in her hair or something? 

Last time I checked, uncombed natural hair = dreadlocks (what I have) and since Zahara's hair isn't locked...I'm going to guess it is in fact combed.

Posted By: keishe83
Date Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 10:05am

SHEESHStern%20Smile
ITAClap Ugh, why are people so judgemental. Worry about yourself.

Date Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 10:08am
Originally posted by naturalTAN naturalTAN wrote:

"Hopefully, she won't need a hair journey like many of us because she won't buy into the madness."Star

Repost LOL

Posted By: misageisha
Date Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 10:09am
WOW this is why black people get their hair relaxed.

"smh @ thats not how natural hair looks, have you seen the fotki's of kept up black girls."

If a type 1 girl can just wake up, brush their hair & leave why can't a ty[pe 3/4 child? Because type 1 is straight so it lays flat on the head? Come on now..this is embarassing. I can't believe some of yall are saying such rude things. It just shows that there is still ignorance throughout even on the hair boards. There is nothing wrong with a curly afro. We as black people need to stop conforming to european standards and get on the afro train.

Date Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 10:12am
Originally posted by simjam simjam wrote:

and....

Goodnight nurse.

LOL

DWBCL
WT effin H

Simjam~!!!Shocked go wash yu mouth out with carbolic soap!!!!!LOLLOLLOLLOL
DWL

Date Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 10:12am
In that pic her hair looks almost identical to my daughter's hair after being washed, dc'd and combed. 

Date Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 10:16am
Originally posted by Tangie Tangie wrote:

In that pic her hair looks almost identical to my daughter's hair after being washed, dc'd and combed. 

*nods*
If she had ('unkempt') Cree Summer curls, this topic would not exist. We are uncomfortable with our hair in its natural state, and thats about the size of it. If it was a little white/biracial child with her pretty little tendrils UNCOMBED mind you, no-one would say it looks unkempt, because..well straight/('pretty')coily hair is 'cute'.
Nappy hair is 'ugly' and thats about the size of it if we want to be truly honest...but why the devil am i repeating myself?

oh, morning allLOL

Posted By: Lyoness
Date Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 10:21am

I fixed that for you.

Thanks hun!!Thumbs%20Up

Clap

some people that posted need to fix up

Posted By: luvjmarie
Date Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 10:24am
Wow...here we go again...I'll keep most of my thoughts to myself and see how long this one gets...
but before I go I will say...
**hopefully she won't make some of the same mistakes as some on this site asking for remedies of forever NL hair and wonder why it won't grow...like foreal she's a kid! Get a life...I'm curious to see what some of the ppl talking soo much ish hair looks like or their kids (GOD forbid), because it seems some ppl don't have a clue or maybe just got one judging from their own hair...Suggestion:how about you post your kids hair and let everyone judge from there or better yet some childhood pics...

All this for a child who cares she's not yours can we get back to posting stuff that actually has to do with our OWN hair growth and get off the nutts of a 4 yr. old...Confused that's all HHG!!! Carry on...

Date Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 10:30am

*nods*
If she had ('unkempt') Cree Summer curls, this topic would not exist. We are uncomfortable with our hair in its natural state, and thats about the size of it. If it was a little white/biracial child with her pretty little tendrils UNCOMBED mind you, no-one would say it looks unkempt, because..well straight/('pretty')coily hair is 'cute'.
Nappy hair is 'ugly' and thats about the size of it if we want to be truly honest...but why the devil am i repeating myself?

oh, morning allLOL

You ain't neva lied. But they will never admit it. That little Jayden Smith's hair was always just sitting on the top of his head looking uncombed. I saw not a topic started about him. Why? Because he has a looser curl pattern and it is not "offensive". *rolling my eyes so damn hard I'm about to pop a blood vessel.*

Date Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 10:30am

thank you!
my hair looks no different when it is detangled.
it is kinky and grows "up and out" regardless.
some people seem to fail to realize that's a characteristic of natural hair.
they are basically saying natural hair in its natural state is ugly.
just because its not tied down,gelled,twisted or braided down..its considered unkempt?
PLEASE.
ETA: where is the OP anyway?!LOL

Date Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 10:36am
Originally posted by luvjmarie luvjmarie wrote:

Wow...here we go again...I'll keep most of my thoughts to myself and see how long this one gets...
but before I go I will say...
**hopefully she won't make some of the same mistakes as some on this site asking for remedies of forever NL hair and wonder why it won't grow...like foreal she's a kid! Get a life...I'm curious to see what some of the ppl talking soo much ish hair looks like or their kids (GOD forbid), because it seems some ppl don't have a clue or maybe just got one judging from their own hair...Suggestion:how about you post your kids hair and let everyone judge from there or better yet some childhood pics...

All this for a child who cares she's not yours can we get back to posting stuff that actually has to do with our OWN hair growth and get off the nutts of a 4 yr. old...Confused that's all HHG!!! Carry on...

ClapClapClapI agree. sh!t lately the growth section has been focused on talking crap and negativity. I thought thats what TTT was for? (sí? Confused) Anywho  I know its a free forum (blah blah blah)and all forms of expression/ opinion are welcomed. However we should be focused on growin some dAmn hair in the growth section and ways to help others. I know when I first joined bhm, it was soo positive and helpful. I feel bad for the newbies. smh..

Posted By: LadyCC
Date Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 11:56am
Is this thread closed yet? Confused

Date Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 11:59am
9 pages.....wow

Posted By: Mochantas
Date Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 12:27pm
this is some sad shyt.

there's nothing wrong with that little girls hair and it is combed.

Posted By: shaeshae
Date Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 1:06pm

She nor they should be ashamed. It's natural, not unkept, not matted, not flat. She is a child. & just because she is a child of color does not mean she needs a thousand balls and barrettes, twists, or headbands or gelled/greased down styles.

IA with everything, especially the bolded!

Posted By: cwoman
Date Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by shaeshae shaeshae wrote:

IA with everything, especially the bolded!

I TOO AGREE WITH ALLStar

Date Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 1:19pm
ok can da close dis thread already itz gettin on my nerves..grrr..jus leave da girl alone and being natural case closed

Date Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 1:26pm
10 and counting

Print Page | Close Window