Print Page | Close Window

Update: Chlorella ( the answer for healthy skin)

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Skin Care
Forum Name: Dark Spots
Forum Description: Discussion on Dark Spots
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=218441
Printed Date: Nov 16 2018 at 11:17pm

Topic: Update: Chlorella ( the answer for healthy skin)
Posted By: GoodKarma4me
Subject: Update: Chlorella ( the answer for healthy skin)
Date Posted: Oct 05 2009 at 1:20pm

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329287" rel="no follow - http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329287

Update start from pg. 3

Replies:
Posted By: tru_blu09
Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 8:57am
woo imma look on swansonsvitamins.... if its safe then im so on it.. i guess ill read up on it...

Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 9:02am
OMG IM GOING CRAZY OVER HERE!!! ITS TOO CHEAP NOT TO TRY GIRL!!

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/Search?doSearch=true&ntt=&n=0&ntk=Level1&keyword=ALA&doSearch.x=0&doSearch.y=0" rel="no follow - http://www.swansonvitamins.com/Search?doSearch=true&ntt=&n=0&ntk=Level1&keyword=ALA&doSearch.x=0&doSearch.y=0

Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 11:27am
Yea girl! I read almost that whole thread on LCHF, and I got so excited after reading it...i just have to get it! Is the one on swanson organic? I know it has different brands....let me check it out.

Also how much mg are u going to try...i think i will try the 200mg or 300mg....they recommended that amount. Although some p..pl used higher...but i'm gonna start of with the lower dosage.

Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 4:50pm
im so quick!! i went to duane reade or rite-aid, ill correct it when i get up LOL...

i got 60 for 6 something(BOGO).. 50mg.. im taking 1 daily so i will try them for 30 days and when its up, if i see improvements, ill order from swansons because they are cheap as can be!!

when i burp, u can really taste it!! i read over 40 pages so i need to go back and finish....

i read 50mg is good for acne and higher doses are for other things... ill increase to 300 next month god willing

i really think biotin is the reason why im breaking out still, even thought im drinking alot of water and taking the b complex.. im taking a break from it
i read that it "could" cause exessive shedding/baldness if not taken with biotin, i also read that ur body only needs 50mg, more for other ailments (i read the whole thread

Date Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 8:21pm

Yea thats from the reviews i think a few people said that she had some thinning hair, and she thinks it was because of it. But all the others said that they didnt experience it. However there is one in gnc thats called Minus 1, its has 300mg of ala and 300 mcg of biotin, I think I will try that one. If it is too strong. I'll just take one a day...if it still feels like too much...i will take the 50mg.

I will give it a mth as well..if i see no improvement..i will jump off that bandwagon and join the royal jelly, since i read in the body type forum royal jelly also gives u boobies and booty!Smile

Date Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 12:52am
^exactly!!! that chlorella and spirunela is sounding good too.. i wanna try the royal jelly with bee profolis....

the minus 1 is supposed to be expensive.. im just gonna lower my boitin intake to 1000mcg and take 50mg of the ALA and hope for the best. its in so many products... the g-soap everyone was raving about, u can take that internally... (im learning so much)

Date Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 1:37pm
Yea i know it so much stuff! i was checking out the chlorella thread as well...it sounds really good, i need to research it some more though. i wonder if i could mix it in my green smoothie.
Yea i was reading that royal jelly and propolis are great together.....how do u take that g-soap internallyConfused???

Posted By: shashay
Date Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 2:31pm
G-soap? What is that?

I'ver been taking royal jelly for the body benefits but what is it supposed to do for hair?

Posted By: vanity1
Date Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 7:51pm
I used a brand of ALA from Whole Foods...it gave me a rash...my mom thinks it was because of all of the fillers...I ordered a brand from swanson vitamins...my twin uses this brand and hasn't had any reactions.

Date Posted: Oct 08 2009 at 9:11am
oops u dont take the soap internally but they have a pill with the long g name on it for your skin... i saw it

im only using 50mg... i dont want a rash or any adverse reactions...

i forgot what it does to the hair, i think it adds moisture

Date Posted: Oct 08 2009 at 8:30pm
Oh ok..lol...not sure I was willing to take that soap thing to another level...

Ok i got my ALA pills, and I also got the Y.S. royal jelly...yeah kinda got excited..lol..But i'm not gonna take them together. I'll try the ALA first and see how that goes.

Date Posted: Oct 08 2009 at 10:25pm
ooooh!!! i bet ur gonna be so tempted to take it while ur taking the ala!!

Date Posted: Oct 12 2009 at 8:46pm
i have been taking ALa for almost a week now and im seeing improvements, my skin just looks different, like the tone... my face has always glowed and been soft but theres something new about it....

the bumps are clearing up

my pee doesnt smell like asparagus yet LOL

Date Posted: Oct 12 2009 at 9:24pm
This is my 4th day of taking it...my first two days, it made me feel queasy, but i swear i was beginning to see some difference in my skin so i kept at it. Now i feel normal, i skin tone looks different too...stilll get 1 or 2 bumps..but its my 4th day...so cant expect it too work that fast. But so far so good though...

Asparagus smelling pee? where did u hear that from..lol

Date Posted: Oct 12 2009 at 11:06pm
^some of the ladies throught their pee smelled a little "off" as if they had asparagus that day!!!

see, im not the only one, u see what im talking about with the tone and everything!!! i still get the small bumps but this will be my 7th day and im excited

Posted By: wantlonghealthy
Date Posted: Oct 13 2009 at 7:37am
i've been taking ALA for 6 months,my skin is dewy,glowy,(i use less make up) my under eye circles have lightened up, i get no more hormonal acne!!

i sleep VERY well at night.

Posted By: X_Kwiz_It
Date Posted: Oct 14 2009 at 5:07am
Sound good and i wanna try it so bad. But i already take too many pills Biotin,b complex,multi vitamin,maca and soon RJ.

Date Posted: Oct 14 2009 at 11:15am
^^^^^^damn girl..u have ur own pharmacy huh...lol
If u are going to take royal jelly...no need to take ala as well...they both work very well and do the same thing.

Date Posted: Oct 14 2009 at 11:23pm
i wish my oily forehead would go away, i still think my skin has a fresher look to it, idk if its the tone or what, im loving it!!! even with the breakouts, which look like bug bites so its not as bad, im loving it

i might up it to 100 after 2 weeks

Posted By: karikark
Date Posted: Oct 15 2009 at 10:34am
I've been taking chlorrella and i'm in love.. i'll take it for the rest of my life.. my skin has cleared up DRASTICALLY!! it also aids in hair and nail growth.. people have reported 1 inch of growth a month.. MY good friend told me about it and I checked in out on LHCF... it also is great for wieght management!! it curbs your appitite... I've lost seven pounds.. i've only been using it for 3 weeks.

Date Posted: Oct 15 2009 at 3:51pm

so chlorella makes u lose weight too?? Damn i want to start using it but i dont wanna lose weight..i am already too skinny as it is..

Date Posted: Oct 15 2009 at 8:37pm
^+tru...

im not sure if i wanna try ALA for 3-4 months then go to chlorella/spurnella OR just finish what i have and go into taking chlorella...

i dont want balding or anything.....

Date Posted: Oct 17 2009 at 10:43am

Are u still getting the red bumps Tru that u think is from the ALA? I got some but it was on my chest but its gone, not sure it was from that though. But my face is looking better everyday....but when i am finished with this bottle i am going to switch to royal jelly...i'm just too scarred about that whole hair losing thing from the ALA. It hasn't happ'd or anything but I am definitely not waiting for it to happen. lol

Date Posted: Oct 17 2009 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by GoodKarma4me GoodKarma4me wrote:

^^^^^^damn girl..u have ur own pharmacy huh...lol
If u are going to take royal jelly...no need to take ala as well...they both work very well and do the same thing.

Lol LOL ya am a pill poper Tongue oh ok then ill stick to RJ thanks for letting me know that they do the same thing GoodKarme4me Big%20smile

Date Posted: Oct 17 2009 at 7:02pm
tru_blu and GoodKarma--Chlorella has been proven to aide in weight loss as it majorly curbs the appetite, and also creates the environment for the body to regulate the metabolism and loose weight. So if you're over weight, it will help you come down to a maintenance level, and if you're at your correct weight, then it will help you maintain that.

Chlorella will not cause those who are underweight or the correct weight to lose, as it merely corrects the metabolism. Those with high metabolisms do not need adjustment in this area, so chlorella will go elsewhere where it's needed.

Source http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329287" rel="no follow - http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329287  Big%20smile

Plus i have been taking chlorella since May and am skinny and have not lost one single kg.

Date Posted: Oct 17 2009 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by karikark karikark wrote:

I've been taking chlorrella and i'm in love.. i'll take it for the rest of my life.. my skin has cleared up DRASTICALLY!! it also aids in hair and nail growth.. people have reported 1 inch of growth a month.. MY good friend told me about it and I checked in out on LHCF... it also is great for wieght management!! it curbs your appitite... I've lost seven pounds.. i've only been using it for 3 weeks.

how much do u take karikark? i LOVE what it does to my nails it makes them very white,strong,and dam long,it makes my skin glow and gave me  a good hair growth. and the most important thing is chlorella has been cleaning my liver love it love it love it and made my immune system stronger than ever. i went for a blood test and the results were amazing my doctor was shocked she was like  what have been doing? and i told her i have been taking Chlorella and she told me never to stop ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap 

Date Posted: Oct 17 2009 at 7:28pm

wooo.. thats enough for me, after ALA im switching to chlorella

Date Posted: Oct 17 2009 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by GoodKarma4me GoodKarma4me wrote:

Are u still getting the red bumps Tru that u think is from the ALA? I got some but it was on my chest but its gone, not sure it was from that though. But my face is looking better everyday....but when i am finished with this bottle i am going to switch to royal jelly...i'm just too scarred about that whole hair losing thing from the ALA. It hasn't happ'd or anything but I am definitely not waiting for it to happen. lol

i got one, did the salt treatment, waited for it to come to a head, popped it DeadDead it scabbed and i peeled it off today... it will probably turn into a dark spot but it doesnt matter to me, im glad its gone!!! i have no big active pimples and everything is starting to dry outClapClapClap

Date Posted: Oct 18 2009 at 12:46pm
Thats it too..i am definitely sold on trying the chlorella.
@ X Kwiz

Which brand are u using and how do u use it?? I heard that u cant use too much when u are just starting. Also how much do u take a day? Thanks!

Date Posted: Oct 18 2009 at 2:03pm
3 grams to start the first week off and u can increase to 6 it says on LHCF....

u dont have to take a multivitamin with it so thats the only thing 2 take really... its cheaper... the big tub of powder from vitacost is around 44 dollars... but it lasts close to a year... a least a month shy of one... if ur taking 3 grams a day... and its saying half a teaspoon will give 500 servings! lemme post a link:
http://www.vitacost.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Yaeyama-Chlorella-Powder" rel="no follow - http://www.vitacost.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Yaeyama-Chlorella-Powder

(ALA still doing me justice, no new bumps)

Posted By: Napp
Date Posted: Oct 18 2009 at 5:07pm
wow i wanna try some of that chlorellla. im not interested in the growth but in improved skin health!

Date Posted: Oct 18 2009 at 5:53pm
im on page 31 out of 530 -_- i will purchase after i read the entire thing!

if i read 30 pages a week, i should be purchasing it in febuary!!! but eff that imma read as much as i can daily so i can order in december for xmas

Date Posted: Oct 18 2009 at 7:28pm
i thought this was a good price

http://www.vitaglo.com/sn1454.html" rel="no follow - http://www.vitaglo.com/sn1454.html

if i buy 2 cases this should last a year. it comes out to 27.50 for 1200  200 mg tablets if you take about 3 a day youll be good for a year.

nvm i see the recommended dosage is way over 3 pills a day. powder is the way to go.

http://www.vitaglo.com/sn1529.html" rel="no follow - http://www.vitaglo.com/sn1529.html

im thinking of getting this. i can get it with free shipping. i dont think it will last a year but maybe 6 months. i never tried this stuff before so i dont want to buy too much of it.

Date Posted: Oct 18 2009 at 7:59pm
Dang is it that much pages tru!...lmao...i know it was alot but damn. I think i wanna get it in december too...

@ Napp
So u are going to get it in pill form instead? I heard the powder form got better results.

Date Posted: Oct 18 2009 at 8:05pm
no im getting the powder form. i think this is a key post on pg 55

That's why I like that everyone is posting their findings. Now we know to:

1. Take time to increase dosage only when detox effect subsides.
2. What to lookout for when detoxing.
3. Not to take with caffeine (I posted an article earlier that said that). Doesn't mean you can't drink caffeine during the day, just don't wash it down with caffeine, use water or juice or something w/o caffeine to do that.
4. Get to a point where you take enough that stool IS green. Only increase after detoxing symptoms, though, subside and only again after...
5. Find a good quality Chlorella with lots of CGF (Source naturals, Jarrow, and Earthrise/earthwise? (I can't remember how to spell) mentioned as some options)
6. Avoid Chinese chlorella like the plague.
7. Don't put chlorella in the fridge!
8. Get healthy
9. Cleanse toxins.
10.Grow luxuriously long hair!
11. Chlorella is a part of asian culture used throught the orient and is the #1 supplement in Japan and the asian cuture as a whole have great hair that grows fast.
12. Ha ha! I think we found out one of their secrets

Date Posted: Oct 18 2009 at 11:28pm
im on page 71 and get the source naturals... 16 oz for $28... u can google for free shipping codes.... i have checked and re-checked....

buying 2 of the SNs is $56... lasts for 302 days and has 531 chlorella growth factor per teaspoon....

the jarrow brand is $44 for 34oz... u get only 480 CGF abd it lasts for 200 days...

better off buying 2 of the SN because when that jarrow runs out in 200 days, ur gonna have 2 buy another... thats 88 dollars for 400 days of jarrow when u can buy 3 of the SN and save 4 dollars and ur getting 453 days of product & the 531 CGF per teaspoon...

when u run out of the 16 oz or SN, u only have to add 16 more dollars to the original price and that makes it the same price as ur jarrow for more product.. (hope i make sense) (to get ur 2nd container)

Date Posted: Oct 19 2009 at 12:28am
Ok cool thanks for the additional info...imma read more of the thread tomorrow...eyes starting to hurt from staring at the screen too long....Sleepy

Date Posted: Oct 19 2009 at 12:31am
no prob... and i feel ya, but i MUST READ!!!! at least to page 100, then that will easy my mind... i want this stuff so bad

Date Posted: Oct 19 2009 at 10:43am
tru where are you getting $28 dollars at? i keep finding $33. one lady got it for $25 and auto ship ever 6 months. i wish i could find a deal like that! maybe black friday or after Christmas may have cheaper prices but i want to star this ASAP!

Date Posted: Oct 19 2009 at 6:20pm
vitacos.com
imma look for it tomrorow... if i can get the 16 oz of SN for under 32 dollars then i will... if not then im off to amazon. i want this now... if theres any on sale around BF then thats when i stock up

Date Posted: Oct 19 2009 at 8:16pm

Man i dont think i wanna wait until december...i want to start using cholrella asap...it sounds so amazing. And the from what i have read in lchf it doesnt seem to have much bad reviews...

Shoot a vitamin that helps my skin, hair and health all in one...oh snap.....lol 

Date Posted: Oct 19 2009 at 9:48pm

GoodKarma tru answered yo Qs lol Ya u MUST start with a little or u wont be able to poop lol...ya i am going to stop taking a multivitamin once a finish the bottle i got i think i have 5caps to go.

Posted By: miana79
Date Posted: Oct 19 2009 at 10:56pm
interesting

Date Posted: Oct 20 2009 at 8:56am
i HAVE been taking 100mg of ALA... not 50 like i originally thought... i have one 50 mg bottle, those are brown and the ones im taking now are yellow/gold Confused wow!!! i need to learn how to read!!! so i will be finished with those the 2nd week of october!!!

i am DONE with biotin, if i cant get the money back for the ones i bought i will give em away!

i am going to the vitamin shoppe to look for some chlorella.. if i find it for less than 32 but not as great as amazon's price (free auto shipping for 25 every 6 months) then ill give it a go...

i really wanna use everything up before i start it.. im so impatient

Date Posted: Oct 20 2009 at 9:39pm
i am impatient.... i bought the source naturals 200 mg 300 tab chlorella for 10.89 @ whole foods (columbus circle for Napp).. 10 pills is 2g so i started off at 5.. i got these becuase of the high chlorella growth factor

Date Posted: Oct 20 2009 at 10:51pm

I knew u couldnt wait till january.!..lol..

Is it the pill or the powder you got?? If its the pills... are u gonna take 10 a day? I dont think I can keep up with the pills i will definitly get the powder from whole foods this weekend. I think I wanna start off on the weekend just in case i have a mishap...if u know what i mean..lol

So u gonna take it with the ALA as well??

Date Posted: Oct 20 2009 at 11:59pm

i have the pills... they smell like toes.. cute lil green tabs... 10 is 2g so 5 is 1... im starting off with 5 for 2 weeks then ill increase to 10 for the remaining 23 days.. it is SOOO simple to take them, they are so fun sized... u just pop em in 1 time like tic tacs

after the 23 days ill either order from vitacost or amazon... both are now 33 so far... prices go up and down on there everyday though... whole foods had greens products but nothing specifically "chlorella" type except for a few products which can vary store to store so i hope u find a huge container of powder... remember, Chlorella Growth Factor, the higher the better

i wanna take it with the ALA but then i dont because i wanna see what C does.. but i also wanna use up my ala... hell im taking both :-)

Date Posted: Oct 21 2009 at 4:02am
LOL at they smell like toes LOL..the powder is easier to take tru but go hard on the pills. this has turned into a chlorella thread lol

Date Posted: Oct 21 2009 at 5:39pm
It sure has turned into a chlorella thread for real... LOL

Date Posted: Oct 21 2009 at 7:16pm
im still gonna take ala!!

its making me softer.. not working so fast on my breakouts (but i just stopped taking biotin like 3 days ago) so now i wont know because im taking ala and chlorella!!

it made my stomach gurgle... and i will be married to the bathroom

Date Posted: Oct 21 2009 at 7:19pm
LOL.....girl i hope u didnt take that before u went to class...thats why if i do get the funds to buy it this weekend, i will definitely start on the weekend...god knows I hate to go in public places..just grosses me out, plus it kills the enjoyment..LOL....

yea i get breakouts..not much though..just 1 or 2 since i started it i think..but my skin looks great...like i dont even wear makeup all the time when i go out..i dont look that bad at all....

Date Posted: Oct 22 2009 at 2:27am
i think i might go with the ala. chlorella is too expensive right now. i think i might hop on that green smoothie thing.

Date Posted: Oct 22 2009 at 9:15am
^yes start off with the green smoothies.... then ease onto chlorella... ALA is a great addition

its like the bumps on my forehead get bigger when wet and smaller when its dry and i put my facial cream on... no new ones, just the same ones coming to a head and whatnot LOL...

Karma im rett to take the 5 pills i brought with me.... i hope i dont start with the BGs!! i have class in 45 mins HAHAHA

Date Posted: Oct 22 2009 at 6:27pm
Hey Tru do u take the 5 pills at once?? Oh and were u able to last in class without sprinting to the bathroom..lol

@ Napp
Yea it is expensive..i am hoping to get some money this weekend to start. I would try the pills form like Tru, but I really hate taking pills....

Date Posted: Oct 22 2009 at 8:25pm
i took all those pills at once.. and i had cheese today so i had 2 rush to the bathroom at target.... it was crazy!!! could have been the cheese or the CHL..

they are so little that u cud probably swallow em all at the same time and not feel it, the source naturals brand is cheap on amazon right now.. i think u get 2 packs now and they are very small...

Date Posted: Oct 22 2009 at 8:26pm
i like burping and tasting the ALA pill...

Date Posted: Oct 23 2009 at 10:44am
i was spotting yesterday, my period began... thats all she wrote, i havent seen it since!!! WHERE IS IT?!?!?!?! OMG!!!!! and my hormones are going haywire!!!

Date Posted: Oct 24 2009 at 10:02am

DO u think its the vitamins that did that??? I hope everything is back to normal today......Cry

Date Posted: Oct 24 2009 at 10:24pm

it came... :-( it was insane!!! now idk wdf is gonna happen with this... kinda kool...

my nails look whiter today... im waiting for one to look alive again.. theres a dark line through one of em and im hoping that cleares up

i made a mask for my face and idk if it did anything, just wanted to try it... the ladies say its good for scars and stretch marks...

Date Posted: Oct 25 2009 at 12:36pm
what kinda mask u made...u know i have those same black lines on my nails as well..I;ve had it for about a yr now i think. Also my neice has it too....i dont know if its hereditary or what....

Date Posted: Oct 27 2009 at 2:57am
it definately make your nails lighter..it has made my toe nails WHITE..i wore sandals to school today (summer just started in NZ Tongue) and a friend of mine was like "wow your toe nails are standing out that white nail polish looks very natural" i was like am not wearin any nail polish she cudnt belive it she had to take a closer look lol..ahh the many benefits of chlorella..i am runnnig out tho Disapprove 

Date Posted: Oct 27 2009 at 8:51am
yup my nails are starting to look whiter... i made a face mask by mashing up the chlorella pill and adding acne cream, then water.... idk if it did anything though..

i like how my skin looks better everyday and idk if thats from the chlorella, the ALA or the green smoothies or that i stopped taking biotin.... OH WELL!

Date Posted: Oct 27 2009 at 11:35pm
Ok I am going to purchase the chlorella pills at wholefoods this weekend. I will get the powder when I am done. So tru u are taking 5 a day right??

Date Posted: Oct 28 2009 at 8:14pm
i did for a week then i upped to 10 yesterday!!

so far, i see little bumps on my cheeks, forehead is clearing up...
my stretch marks are itching... weird!!
im having pretty good BMs
my nails are hard and im only taking that and ALA
i swear this nail is getting lighter!!!

Posted By: vanity1
Date Posted: Oct 29 2009 at 1:04am
For some reason my skin feels much softer.

It even feels softer before i put lotion on.

I like it.

Date Posted: Oct 29 2009 at 11:36am
mine too... my legs feel soft at the end of the day when they usually dont

Date Posted: Oct 30 2009 at 6:35pm
yes... i am detoxing through my face... i have a lot of lil bumps on it and my stretch marks are itching 

Posted By: DIVA007
Date Posted: Oct 30 2009 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by tru_blu09 tru_blu09 wrote:

i did for a week then i upped to 10 yesterday!!

so far, i see little bumps on my cheeks, forehead is clearing up...
my stretch marks are itching... weird!!
im having pretty good BMs
my nails are hard and im only taking that and ALA
i swear this nail is getting lighter!!!

Do you take the Chlorella and ALA at the same time?

Date Posted: Oct 31 2009 at 5:14am
Quote my stretch marks are itching... weird!!

Dam, i never noticed this..Ermm..maybe they're startin to fade Thumbs%20Up

Date Posted: Nov 01 2009 at 12:34am
i havent taken the ALA in a few days...

i know they are getting smoother.... could be the olive/castor/coconut oil mix i use everyday....

my skin is clearing up... i think have 1 active bump on my forehead, the rest is gone.. left with lil dark marks *sigh*
the ones on my cheeks are fading.. YAY

Posted By: honeyb87
Date Posted: Nov 01 2009 at 8:22am
So what brand of ALA should I get and how many mgs?

Date Posted: Nov 01 2009 at 3:29pm
start slow..... i started taking a gram for a week 1000mg-1g-5 pills then i started taking 2.. it wil be a week on tuesday i think... i will take 3 grams whn i order the powder....

Date Posted: Nov 01 2009 at 4:29pm
Hey Tru i think honeyb was talking about the ALA. Anyways I think the chlorella is a better deal than the ALA though...kinda scarred with that whole shedding hair thing....

Date Posted: Nov 01 2009 at 5:18pm
i swear i lost a good amount cuz i started mega tek again.... cuda been the ala tho cuz i stopped biotin and my forehead is pretty clear

Date Posted: Nov 01 2009 at 7:47pm

i have finished my chlorella bottle and cant afford another 1 at the moment plus i have been taking it for about 7 months now.ill take a break from it. ill start again once i finish my biotin/b complex/garlic pills.

tru-shoot! soz abt the shedding. you can never know what is it..could be your body reacting to chlorella.

karma--have u started chlorella yet?

Date Posted: Nov 03 2009 at 11:13am
No not yet Cry I have so much bills to pay this mth....hopefully i will purchase it by the end of the month.

Date Posted: Nov 05 2009 at 9:28am
i will be purchasing a big container of either the source naturals or jarrow.. i know SN has more CGF but jarrow will last for around 200-250 days ;-\

tips of nails still get chippped and break but they r harder and whiter.... nothing new yet

see some bumps!!!! got a under-the-skin one now :-\ stretch marks itch so bad

Date Posted: Nov 05 2009 at 10:27pm
Are u gonna purchase urs from whole foods or online tru?? And whats up with the itching stretch marks...lol....
I stopped ala for awhile and my skin has been reckless...gonna start back till i get me some chlorella.

Date Posted: Nov 06 2009 at 11:57am
i got a weird itchy rash on my leg yesterday.. its probably gone now :-\ the itchy stretch marks are so weird!!! imma look it up

im most likely going to order online... i kno they have a 2 pack of the source naturals for the same price i got for 1 pack Stern%20Smile on amazon....

Posted By: KurlieBeautie
Date Posted: Nov 08 2009 at 11:50am
So I started green smoothies last week. I add milled flax seed but I want to add vitamins for energy and for skin hair health.

I've read the entire thread, but I'm confused about what chlorella to order (I'm reading that the powder is more cost-efficient), and if I should just swallow it with a chaser or if I can add it to my green smoothie mixture?

Also, detox symptoms? HUH?

So if I start it, I won't be able to boo boo? What about the fact that I use Activia yogurt to make my green smoothies? I also am thinking of trying this pill called Colon Clenz. Am I doing too much?

Date Posted: Nov 08 2009 at 3:23pm

@ Kurlie

I am also gonna order my chlorella tomorrow. I'm going to purchase the Source Natural brand, however I am not sure what to mix it with too. I was thinking about using it in my green smoothie, or I heard alot of girls talked about using it with apple juice.
No the only way u may get constipated is if you take too much, they said the recommended dose is 3grams when u are now starting i believe and then u can move up to 6grams after that.
However i think using the Colon Clenz may be too much...u may have to use that by itself, and then when u are through cleansing, u should start using the chlorella.

Posted By: KurlieBeautie
Date Posted: Nov 08 2009 at 6:01pm
Thanks Good Karma

Posted By: Jello
Date Posted: Nov 08 2009 at 9:45pm
I mix my chlorella with a juice called Berry Blend by Tropicana. It's the only thing I'll drink it with. I can hardly taste it. I also use Source Naturals. About 3 teaspoons, which is 9 grams. The thing is, I've been using it for around 2 weeks but I haven't really noticed any detox symptoms yet... I'm getting impatient.

Date Posted: Nov 09 2009 at 3:02pm
3 grams is NO JOKE!!!
my throat is sore and I am sore.... i went to sleep this morning and i swear my stomach/lung area was acting up
today im stilllllll sore..... im soooo tired

Date Posted: Nov 09 2009 at 3:10pm
Did u get the powder Tru? That sounds like you are detoxing......so 3 grams is too much to start with??

Date Posted: Nov 09 2009 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by Jello Jello wrote:

I mix my chlorella with a juice called Berry Blend by Tropicana. It's the only thing I'll drink it with. I can hardly taste it. I also use Source Naturals. About 3 teaspoons, which is 9 grams. The thing is, I've been using it for around 2 weeks but I haven't really noticed any detox symptoms yet... I'm getting impatient.

I think maybe u started off to high....is your BM green??

Date Posted: Nov 09 2009 at 3:16pm
i might get it around black friday but imma run out before then so i might as well order from vitacost.. so dont feel good *tear*

Date Posted: Nov 09 2009 at 3:17pm
i started with 1 for a week then 2 for a while now im doing 3 for a week then going down to 1 until i get my powder

Date Posted: Nov 09 2009 at 3:50pm
I think ur body is adjusting to the higher dosage..

Hope u feel better Hug

Date Posted: Nov 10 2009 at 12:53am
slow it down tru this happend to me as well with the powder but i had a backache instead..hope u get better!!!

Date Posted: Nov 10 2009 at 9:21am
thanks Karma Hug i feel better!!! took 1 gram so far... 2 to go... i think ill be fine

Date Posted: Nov 11 2009 at 11:59am
I ordered my sn cholrella from Amazon last night...I cant wait!!!!

Date Posted: Nov 11 2009 at 7:14pm
oooh how much?!?!?!

i havebeen taking 3 grams for a few days now and im good... waiting for the whiter eyes, mega hair growth, ect

Date Posted: Nov 12 2009 at 4:41pm
I paid 35 in total for the 16oz...i couldnt find it cheaper anywhere else. I got it from amazon...where did u get urs?

Posted By: Jello
Date Posted: Nov 12 2009 at 8:16pm
That seems about right, GoodKarma4me. Vitacost has 16oz for 34.

My BM isn't green. I didn't mean to take 9 grams right away, but I initially thought that 1 teaspoon was 1 gram, so I thought I was taking 3 grams. Embarrassed

Date Posted: Nov 12 2009 at 10:25pm
add Apple Juice to your chlorella and u wont be able to taste it.

Date Posted: Nov 13 2009 at 11:52am
whooo 35.. that most likely is the cheapest... with the shipping too??? wow

Date Posted: Nov 13 2009 at 1:41pm
didnt "go" yesterday, might have to decrease to 10... maybe its me?? i have the urges but im too lasy to go LOL

Date Posted: Nov 15 2009 at 3:19pm
bump!!!!!!!!! i ordered from amazon... 33 dollars for 16 oz.. 2.99 shipping!!!!!!! im expecting it nov 24-dec 2nd :-( im gonna be without CHL for a week or so :-(

Print Page | Close Window