Print Page | Close Window

Black soap shampoo

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Natural Hair Care
Forum Name: Homemade Hair Recipes
Forum Description: Discussion on HomeMade Hair Recipes.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=212814
Printed Date: Dec 11 2017 at 10:23am

Topic: Black soap shampoo
Posted By: Im_A_Diva
Subject: Black soap shampoo
Date Posted: Sep 05 2009 at 8:59pm
The recipe is;

-16ounces of distilled water
-african black soap
-jojoba oil
-coconut oil
-extra virgin olive oil
-vegetable glycerin
-rosemary essential oil
-tea tree essential oil

1. Fill a plastic containor with distilled water and crumble pieces of black soap into it. Note that the more pieces you put in will turn out a thicker consistency of shampoo.
2. Leave in cool dry place for 24 hours.
3. After the wait the black soap should be dissolved and the water more thicker. Give it a stir and continue to add 2tbsp of jojoba oil, coconut oil, olive oil, 3 tbsp of glycerin, 10 drops of rosemary and tea tree oil.
4. Give it one last stir and pour into an empty shampoo bottle you can adjust ingredients depending on your bottle size and hair type.

Replies:
Date Posted: Sep 05 2009 at 9:00pm
You can add other black shampoo recipes as well!

Date Posted: Sep 06 2009 at 5:29pm
home-made all over body shampoo. It's very easy to make.

Take a BIGISH chunk of authentic black soap( the crumbly brown kind from Ghana).

Put it in some water ,like 1/2 to 1pt,preferably bottled/filtered.

Let it sit for a while, stirring ocassionaly until thoroughly dissolved.

Add 1tsp coconut oil(optional)

Add 5 drops lavender eo

..and 10 drops tea tree eo.

Mix it well. Don't agigtate it too much else it'll get very foamy.

http://ofoslocs.blogspot.com/2009/08/african-black-soap-all-over-body.html" rel="no follow - http://ofoslocs.blogspot.com/2009/08/african-black-soap-all-over-body.html

Posted By: tru_blu09
Date Posted: Sep 09 2009 at 12:58pm
ShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked thanks for this!!!!!!!!

like the slo-ass that i am, i put my black soap in the microwave and all it did was puff up like marshmallows...

Date Posted: Sep 10 2009 at 7:05am
^hehehehe

Update: Used recipe last night for the black soap shampoo and it lathers up very much, not drying since the oils and eo's added to the mixture helps give it moisture. The glycerin gives it slip as well!

Date Posted: Sep 11 2009 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by blueberry2118 blueberry2118 wrote:

thank you so much....
i am going to try this...
the only problem that I have is I don't know where to get black soap at...

Some websites
http://www.nasabb.com/Traditional-Black-Soap_c_16-1.html" rel="no follow - http://www.nasabb.com/Traditional-Black-Soap_c_16-1.html
http://www.butters-n-bars.com/rawblacksoapproducts.html" rel="no follow - http://www.butters-n-bars.com/rawblacksoapproducts.html

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Sep 19 2009 at 3:02pm
Thanksyou so much !!! I love my black soap shampoo especially the lather.. I thought after a week you can no longer use the shampoo  if you do no use a perservative.

Date Posted: Sep 19 2009 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by rumebra rumebra wrote:

Thanksyou so much !!! I love my black soap shampoo especially the lather.. I thought after a week you can no longer use the shampoo  if you do no use a perservative.

My perservative is the rosemary eo and tea tree oil eo.

Date Posted: Sep 20 2009 at 2:58pm

im gonna try this with a different soap and use this until i can find some REAL black soap, like what u mentioned

omg why did i look at these websites... i got the urge to order from the 2nd one

Posted By: divalane25
Date Posted: Sep 20 2009 at 11:52pm
fantastic thread!!!! my SO hates when I liquify his black soap but it's so much easier to handle after doing so for me.

Date Posted: Sep 21 2009 at 1:53am
its been about 12 hours for my soap batch, everything is chillin, nothin is really dissolving yet..

Date Posted: Sep 21 2009 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by tru_blu09 tru_blu09 wrote:

its been about 12 hours for my soap batch, everything is chillin, nothin is really dissolving yet..

You made sure you broke the bar into tiny pieces? Wait at least 24 hours and occasionally stir.

Date Posted: Sep 21 2009 at 11:59pm
yup i cut the soap into alot of pieces.... it hasnt really dissolved but maybe thats because the jar is small and this makes A LOT of liquid soap

i sifted the chunks from the liquid added olive oil, vit e oil, tea tree oil, castor oil, spearment essential oil and glycrin...

i got from the liquid ALONE over 14 ounces.... im sure im gonna get more after i let the remander with more water added sit overnight...

Date Posted: Sep 22 2009 at 5:42am
ok hope all goes well!

Date Posted: Oct 08 2009 at 12:09pm
it did! i finally used it yesterday.. it was watery but did the trick

Date Posted: Oct 08 2009 at 7:06pm
^congratsBig%20smile

Posted By: DaRealMe
Date Posted: Oct 21 2009 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by Im_A_Diva Im_A_Diva wrote:

The recipe is;

-african black soap
-jojoba oil
-coconut oil
-extra virgin olive oil
-vegetable glycerin
-rosemary essential oil
-tea tree essential oil

1. Fill a plastic containor with distilled water and crumble pieces of black soap into it. Note that the more pieces you put in will turn out a thicker consistency of shampoo.
3. After the wait the black soap should be dissolved and the water more thicker. Give it a stir and continue to add 2tbsp of jojoba oil, coconut oil, olive oil, 3 tbsp of glycerin, 10 drops of rosemary and tea tree oil.
4. Give it one last stir and pour into an empty shampoo bottle you can adjust ingredients depending on your bottle size and hair type.

This is awesome, finished making this today and will be using it maybe tomorrow although to day is cowash day, i'll cowash Sunday and do my reg poo and dc tomorrow just cuz i can't wait to try it. I didn't have jojoba oil (can't think of why) was at the nutrition store yesterday and didn't think to grab some but anyway I had everything else so I sub the jojoba for 1tbsp of grapeseed oil and 1 tbsp of sweet almond. smell wonderful Thank You.

Posted By: Cupcake77
Date Posted: Oct 23 2009 at 1:26pm
Ah. awesome I may use bits and pieces of these recipes to make some liquid black soap for general washing purposes.   I share a bathroom with a guy and somehow I just don't trust having bar soap in there.

Posted By: CincygirlD
Date Posted: Dec 23 2009 at 8:02am
My 24 hours is up, I'm gonna run to Whole Foods and grab something to preserve it. I'd like for mine to be an all over wash, hair included

Posted By: ~lovely~
Date Posted: Jan 20 2010 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by Im_A_Diva Im_A_Diva wrote:

The recipe is;

-african black soap
-jojoba oil
-coconut oil
-extra virgin olive oil
-vegetable glycerin
-rosemary essential oil
-tea tree essential oil

*puts recipe in blog for future reference*

Posted By: SugarNSpice
Date Posted: Apr 06 2010 at 1:20am
wow, diva Much thank you, your information on this is truly helpful, a thumbs up to you, much love....Thumbs%20Up

Posted By: MizzBrit
Date Posted: Apr 07 2010 at 5:21pm
Thumbs%20Up

Posted By: Anisah11
Date Posted: Apr 20 2010 at 4:27pm
I tried this and I love it. Thank you so much Im_a_Diva
I was thinking about using blck soap as a shampoo since i use it on my body
My hair is so soft and clean.
I omitted the glycerin and rosemary and added honey suckle and a little honey and less water. This time around I'll add them to see if it makes a difference.

In order for the blk soap to dissolve quickly, you have to use really small pieces.

Now i need a conditioner

Posted By: rissa86
Date Posted: May 30 2010 at 3:00am
What are the benifits of black soap? I am avoid sulfates, does this have any?

Posted By: rissa86
Date Posted: May 30 2010 at 3:00am
What are the benifits of black soap? I am avoiding sulfates, does this have any?

Posted By: .black.sassi.
Date Posted: Aug 19 2011 at 9:59am
Oh, man! 

I Googled "how to make black soap shampoo" and this thread came right up!  I don't know why I didn't even bother to use the BHM search function first.  

Thanks! 

-------------
Certified BHM Troster.

My hair blog: http://hautepinkheels.blogspot.com

NL--{SL}--APL--BSB--MBL--WL--HL--TBL

Posted By: .black.sassi.
Date Posted: Aug 19 2011 at 9:59am
Originally posted by rissa86 rissa86 wrote:

What are the benifits of black soap? I am avoiding sulfates, does this have any?

Nope, black soap is all natural, no sulfates at all.  But surprisingly it does later nicely! 

-------------
Certified BHM Troster.

My hair blog: http://hautepinkheels.blogspot.com

NL--{SL}--APL--BSB--MBL--WL--HL--TBL

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Aug 20 2011 at 2:23am
I LOVE songhai black soap.. i didn't like dudu osun or any other i've tried that are full of cocoa or shea butter

the Songhai brand claims to do damn near everything except cure cancer LOL ...and theyre right! My sister used it for acne, I used it cause it leaves this great clean smell on your body (even after I wash my hands with regular soap...weird) and one time I had a patch of eczema on my neck, and it cleared it right up...

But I never thought about using it as a shampoo! Great idea.. I have 10 bars coming to me in the mail, so I will try this.. I'm scared to mix all those oils in with it though because my hair is real fine and doesnt take well to oils (not even coconut Confused ).. but this particular brand of soap , since it doesnt have all of those butters in it can be very drying..

sooo.. if you had to choose maybe one of those oils to mix with the soap.. which one? Lol...I pre-shampooed with wheat germ oil, olive oil, and coconut oil before, maybe I'll try one of those to save money

Posted By: romans12v2
Date Posted: Oct 11 2011 at 11:54am
has anyone ever tried making their own black soap?

i assume it's like making castile soaps, but getting the lye from the wood as it degrades right?

Posted By: roshan21
Date Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 10:26pm
Can it be any black soap?

Posted By: aromatherapy
Date Posted: Feb 25 2013 at 12:37am
Thanks for sharing it. Really helpful for me. I'll definitely gonna use it.

Posted By: skin care
Date Posted: Mar 04 2013 at 12:46am
Thanks for sharing it. Helpful for me.

Print Page | Close Window