Print Page | Close Window

What Did You Mix Today?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Natural Hair Care
Forum Name: Homemade Hair Recipes
Forum Description: Discussion on HomeMade Hair Recipes.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=212589
Printed Date: Jul 22 2018 at 4:23am

Topic: What Did You Mix Today?
Posted By: loolalooh
Subject: What Did You Mix Today?
Date Posted: Sep 04 2009 at 12:04pm

I whipped up a new hair butter!  Shea butter, coconut oil, olive oil, safflower oil, and a hint of rosemary oil.

You?

Replies:
Posted By: OnMyJourney
Date Posted: Sep 04 2009 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by loolalooh loolalooh wrote:

I whipped up a new hair butter!  Shea butter, coconut oil, olive oil, safflower oil, and a hint of rosemary oil.

You?

Hmm, I have all of that except the safflower oil. I might try that one. LOL I didn't mix anything today, but I might tomorrow. I'm trying to make a buttery concoction for my dd's hair that is the consistency of Cantu shea butter leave in.

Posted By: BunnieHoney
Date Posted: Sep 04 2009 at 7:53pm
Not a thing...will be mixing up my winter butter/oil mix, hopefully on Monday. I was shooting for Sunday, but heck I have 3 cookouts to go to...I am breaking my diet this weekend.

Posted By: natural girl
Date Posted: Sep 04 2009 at 8:53pm
Water, glycerin and SAA. Love it.

Posted By: SchoolCounselor
Date Posted: Sep 05 2009 at 6:45am
I went shopping and have:
Shea butter
Tea Tree oil
Emu oil
Sulfur
Vitamin E
Olive Oil
Jojoba oil
Coconut oil
Avocado oil
Glycerin
Aloe
Rosemary, peppermint, sage,lemon, lavender and ylang ylang essential oils.
2 weeks ago I mixed up shea butter, co***********u oil, vitamin e, aloe and glycerin, for my girls hair and body.

This weekend I will mix up a couple more things.  I also have my staple moisturizing spray with, coconut oil , distilled water, tea tree oil, glycerin and aloe.

Any suggestions about what  can mix with the list above?

Thanks
< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" ="">

Posted By: shrew297
Date Posted: Sep 06 2009 at 3:30pm
Last night I attempted flax seed gel. It came out alright but I didn't like how it felt in my hair, so today I whipped in some jojoba oil and shea butter. I ended up with a concoction similar to curly butter that I am now using to twist with. So far I like it. I'll know if I love it when I'm done and my hair is dry Wink

Date Posted: Sep 06 2009 at 4:30pm
shrew, what method did you use and what oil in the first alright batch?

Date Posted: Sep 06 2009 at 9:19pm
 NG, I was gonna try ur recipe, but I only have Aloe Vera Gel instead of the juice and I had no xanthan gum, so I did the flax seed gel the normal way but I mixed in some AVG and EVOO. I think I will have to go get some of that gum tomorrow tho cos my mixture is starting to separate.

Posted By: Im_A_Diva
Date Posted: Sep 08 2009 at 12:57am
Sheabutter and olive oil

-heated the shea butter over a double broiler on low until completely melted
-added 2tbsp of olive oil to the mixture and put into the freezer for 5minutes
-mixed up with hand mixer and put it back in the freezer for 5mins
-and so on until it's smooth and creamy --it took only 2sit ins inside the freezer to turn solid and creamy

Date Posted: Sep 08 2009 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by shrew297 shrew297 wrote:

NG, I was gonna try ur recipe, but I only have Aloe Vera Gel instead of the juice and I had no xanthan gum, so I did the flax seed gel the normal way but I mixed in some AVG and EVOO. I think I will have to go get some of that gum tomorrow tho cos my mixture is starting to separate.
girl AVG in any form is VERY STUBBORN, it does NOT want to mix, adhere or stick with ANYTHING. You MUST have some kind of emulsifier to keep any aloe mix together.

Once you get the FSG right, you will LOVE it.

Posted By: tru_blu09
Date Posted: Sep 09 2009 at 12:55pm
salt and warm water for my breakouts... then i added it to my witch hazel mix with some ACV

Posted By: tru_blu09
Date Posted: Sep 09 2009 at 12:56pm
i have some SAA... i need to see what it does for my hair again
Geek

Posted By: MizzBrit
Date Posted: Sep 10 2009 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by Im_A_Diva Im_A_Diva wrote:

Sheabutter and olive oil

-heated the shea butter over a double broiler on low until completely melted
-added 2tbsp of olive oil to the mixture and put into the freezer for 5minutes
-mixed up with hand mixer and put it back in the freezer for 5mins
-and so on until it's smooth and creamy --it took only 2sit ins inside the freezer to turn solid and creamy

im gonna try this..maybe with some coconut oil too

Date Posted: Sep 12 2009 at 4:44pm
Natural girl I am indebted to you. I got the xanthan gum and tried the FSG with it. I still didnt' have any aloe vera juice so I still went ahead and used the gel I have to boil the flax seeds in but the results are awesome! I think I may have boiled the seeds for a bit too long tho cos I got a reallly gelly substance when the mixture cooled, but wow did it bring out my coils and waves! I'll be attempting a bigger batch next week Big%20smile

Date Posted: Sep 12 2009 at 6:04pm

Natural girl I am indebted to you. I got the xanthan gum and tried the
FSG with it. I still didnt' have any aloe vera juice so I still went
ahead and used the gel I have to boil the flax seeds in but the results
are awesome! I think I may have boiled the seeds for a bit too long tho
cos I got a reallly gelly substance when the mixture cooled, but wow did it bring out my coils and waves! I'll be attempting a bigger batch next week
Can I say I told you so? This stuff is the best. And it is soooo cheap to make. I pay under a buck for half a pound of the seeds and I get so many batches from that.   

Date Posted: Oct 03 2009 at 8:42pm
I had a bit of ORS Replenishing condish that I mixed with some Lustrasilk shea butter cholesterol. To that concoction I added the remainder of banana baby food I had in my fridge (from a previous DC), some EVOO, Avocado Oil, Amla oil, Jojoba oil and wheat germ oil. I'm gonna DC with this mixture tomorrow and see what happens. I'm thinking and hoping my hair will be super moisturized. 

Posted By: Andromeda
Date Posted: Nov 01 2009 at 1:28pm
Shea butter and olive oil I use this mixture to moisturize my skin.

For my hair shea butter, coconut oil, tea tree oil and a dash of peppermint oil. 

Posted By: DaRealMe
Date Posted: Nov 21 2009 at 2:56pm
Since I choose today to shampoo and condish, I used my black soap shampoo then I mixed some evco and calendula oil (just cuz) into my Lekair Plus cholesterol to deep condition for about half an hour. Then I will rinse and use a leave in conditioner and seal.

Date Posted: Nov 22 2009 at 12:13pm
Today I tried my hand at a homemade smoothie. I used:

- 1 overripe avocado
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil (ran out of EVOO)
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup AVG
- 1 tablespoon HE HH condish

I blended everything together and the result was this:
I slathered some in my hair (froze the rest) and put on a bag. It felt delish on my hair. I can't wait to wash it out and feel the end result!

Date Posted: Nov 22 2009 at 1:33pm
I just had to post a review of my avocado smoothie. It is veeerrrryy moisturizing! I found that my coils and curls seem to have been relaxed a bit tho. I think that's because of the coconut cream. But I will def be using this again. The amount I have in the freezer should be enuff for at least four more treatments. 

Posted By: thcktresses
Date Posted: Nov 22 2009 at 8:20pm

Today I tried my hand at a homemade smoothie. I used:

- 1 overripe avocado
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil (ran out of EVOO)
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup AVG
- 1 tablespoon HE HH condish

I blended everything together and the result was this:
I slathered some in my hair (froze the rest) and put on a bag. It felt delish on my hair. I can't wait to wash it out and feel the end result!
will definitely be trying this soon!

Date Posted: Nov 23 2009 at 6:04am
Ooohhh, I forgot to add: coconut is protein, so if your hair is protein sensitive you can either use less coconut cream, or substitute s'thing else for it. HHG!

thcktresses: I reccommend it!!Thumbs%20Up

Posted By: GA SonShyne
Date Posted: Nov 25 2009 at 4:38pm
My mixture(s) that i brought to the weaves section for the use on my curly hair/weave months back.

Aloe jojoba gel
4oz Aloe Vera GEL
1oz Jojoba oil
1oz vegetable glycerin
a few pinches of xanthum gum

deep condioner/hair spritz
20oz bottle of moisturizing condition
6 drops peppermint oil
4 drop rosemary oil
2-3 drops ylang ylang/jojoba oil
1oz olive oil
1oz of coconut oil
3 drops of birch oil

This mixture make and keep my hair soft, I even mixed some with water in a spray bottle and use it as a moisturizing spritz, to amp up my hair if it gets dry at anytime.

Posted By: MizzBrit
Date Posted: Nov 25 2009 at 4:43pm
wow thats looks good shrew!

Date Posted: Dec 21 2009 at 10:21am
I've run out of most of my natural ingredients and I had to DC my hair today. So I mixed:

- 2 tablespoons of coconut cream
- 1 large leaf of aloe vera
- 1/4 cup of grapeseed oil
- and an eyeball amount of HE condish

The result was like a hair mask and very slimy because of the aloe. I put in on my hair, put on a shower cap, put a plastic bag over that (recycle ppl!) and then put my silk bonnet over that. So right now I have my hair marinating in the stuff. Will post how my hair feels when I wash it out later.

Posted By: adorkablebarbie
Date Posted: Dec 23 2009 at 11:37pm
My hair is so dry. I'm DCing with Suave Humecante Conditioner as a base, evoo & evco, honey, and aloe vera.. 

Posted By: love_akihsoy
Date Posted: Dec 24 2009 at 1:57am
^^Oh, I've done that minus the aloe and it worked out really well!

Posted By: sheisjoneskl
Date Posted: Dec 24 2009 at 12:18pm
Last night, i mixed melted shea butter( dont remember the amount)with a half of a regular sized riped banana. Kept it on with a plastic cap and scarf for a cup of hours. My hair loved it.

Posted By: loolalooh
Date Posted: Feb 03 2010 at 12:32pm
Whipped up another batch of shea butter.

-Unrefined shea
-EVOO
-EVCO
-Avocado oil
-Lavendar, tee tree, and grapefruit EOs

Posted By: Cook
Date Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 5:52pm
Great mixture! I tried it and it worked like to charm. You have a market this.

MC

Date Posted: Feb 06 2010 at 10:32am
Attempted a mask today: aloe vera gel, coconut cream, salt, honey, grapeseed oil and emu oil. I eyeballed the amounts, slapped it on my head, put on a plastic cap and left it for an hour.

Posted By: Peachi
Date Posted: Feb 17 2010 at 4:50pm
I made a homemade deep conditioner yesterday. Loved the effect of it on my hair...and even the way it feels today.

-Amla oil (or evoo/coconut oil. I used amla cause I'm trying to finish it)
-a bit o'water
-half a soft ripe avocado
-2 tablespoon softened coconut cream
-2 tablespoon neutrogena triple moisture mask
(you can pretty much add a bit anything laying around that you are trying to use up)

Put that in a little food processor and blended it all up. It had a thick creamy consistency. 

I pretty much left this in my hair for like 5hours while I did my chores. Kept shower cap on with a towel over it. My hair felt really moisturized. Not sure which one of the contents did it but it's all good.

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 12:21am
I will be mixing some stuff soon... need ideasSmile

Posted By: jbcoopb12
Date Posted: Jul 17 2014 at 12:05am
Hey guys just discovered this thread... look at these wonderful http://blackgreenandgold.com/grow-your-hair-faster-15-jamaican-black-castor-oil-hair-growth-recipes/ - Jamaican Black Castor Oil hair growth recipes that i found!!
they are awesome because they come with directions and all the ingredients in the right proportions!... it just goes to show that when you dig you can find some awesome stuff... share it with a girlfriend!
check it out here: http://blackgreenandgold.com/grow-your-hair-faster-15-jamaican-black-castor-oil-hair-growth-recipes/

Posted By: bohomojo
Date Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 9:19am
3 overripe bananas
2 tbsp raw honey
2 tbsp molasses
2 tbsp amino acids
came out to a brown/caramel color
smells like something I would throw out
I know there are a bunch of recipes with similar ingredients out, but I'm just using this as a conditioner. I hope it works.

Posted By: CammiCutie
Date Posted: Oct 24 2014 at 3:10am
nice hair recipe.mark

Posted By: TheTinyAmazon
Date Posted: Dec 02 2015 at 5:35am
Once a month I do something I call Hair Food because it's basically food!
Ingredients:
Olive oil
Mayonnaise
1 raw egg

Mix everything on a bowl, massage scalp with it and make sure my hair is entirely covered by it. Put plastic film to cover it for 2 hrs, then rinse, put a leave in conditioner and when it's dry coconut oil. And when I do it, I rinse with an anti dandruff shampoo that I only use once a month because if I don't I get a bad case of dandruff and is no bueno!

Posted By: 4BFabulousity
Date Posted: Dec 04 2015 at 9:42pm
For a pre poo treatment I mixed honey and evoo with my OGX conditioner it was great!

Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: Dec 28 2015 at 11:11pm
Henna Gloss !!

Print Page | Close Window