Forum Name: Natural Hair Care
Forum Description: General Discussions on Natural Hair Care
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=208472
Printed Date: Dec 09 2018 at 3:35pm

Topic: garnier fructis triple nutrition
Posted By: lovely0706
Subject: garnier fructis triple nutrition
Date Posted: Aug 17 2009 at 1:42am
 i love it it is great i work good on my hair so on hair that is not made of steal it should be amazing.LOL it made my hair really soft and defined my curls.

Replies:
Posted By: lilpooky
Date Posted: Aug 17 2009 at 10:00am

Edit:

Well, being the investigator that I am I looked up the ingredients and here they are:

Water, cetearyl alcohol, palm oil, behentrimonium chloride, apple fruit extract, glycerin, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, niacinamide, pyridoxine hci, shea butter, citric acid, olive fruit oil, sugar cane extract, benzyl alcohol, chlorhexidine dihydrochloride, avocado oil, black currant seed oil, linalool, lemon peel extract, CI 19140, camellia sinensis leaf extract, CI 15985, parfum. .5/1

The main ingredients on the label are olive oil, shea butter, and avocado. The reviews sound promising as well. One reviewer said it gave her hair more bounce and prevented frizz. I'm interested in this because I am looking for a conditioner that can control frizz while hydrating my hair and curls...so I may give it a try.

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Aug 17 2009 at 11:58am
Yes, I picked up some and it is wonderful. I just used it this weekend to deep condition.

Posted By: OnMyJourney
Date Posted: Aug 17 2009 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by lovely0706 lovely0706 wrote:

i love it it is great i work good on my hair so on hair that is not made of steal it should be amazing.LOL it made my hair really soft and defined my curls.

I just looked it up and I see the that the GF Triple Nutrition is an entire collection...which products from the line did you use?

Date Posted: Aug 17 2009 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by lilpooky lilpooky wrote:

Edit:

Well, being the investigator that I am I looked up the ingredients and here they are:

Water, cetearyl alcohol, palm oil, behentrimonium chloride, apple fruit extract, glycerin, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, niacinamide, pyridoxine hci, shea butter, citric acid, olive fruit oil, sugar cane extract, benzyl alcohol, chlorhexidine dihydrochloride, avocado oil, black currant seed oil, linalool, lemon peel extract, CI 19140, camellia sinensis leaf extract, CI 15985, parfum. .5/1

The main ingredients on the label are olive oil, shea butter, and avocado. The reviews sound promising as well. One reviewer said it gaved her hair more bounce and prevented frizz. I'm interested in this because I am looking for a conditioner that can control frizz while hydrating my hair and curls...so I may give it a try.

Thanks for this. Looks good, I don't see any cones or drying ingredients. Is this the conditioner or one of the other styling products in the line?

Date Posted: Aug 17 2009 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by OnMyJourney OnMyJourney wrote:

Edit:

The main ingredients on the label are olive oil, shea butter, and avocado. The reviews sound promising as well. One reviewer said it gaved her hair more bounce and prevented frizz. I'm interested in this because I am looking for a conditioner that can control frizz while hydrating my hair and curls...so I may give it a try.

Thanks for this. Looks good, I don't see any cones or drying ingredients. Is this the conditioner or one of the other styling products in the line?
The conditioner.

Date Posted: Aug 17 2009 at 2:16pm

Edit:

The conditioner.

Thanks! I might give this a try.

Date Posted: Aug 17 2009 at 8:04pm
i used the conditioner and it did make my curls more bouncy  and made my has softer so i will use the for co-washing. i was thinking if giving the other products in the line a try.

Posted By: tru_blu09
Date Posted: Aug 17 2009 at 8:11pm
oh jesus... WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY did i click the thread?! i have been craving this conditioner like food ever since i saw it.. and CVS has it 3-for-10 this week...

IM SO HAPPY IT DOESNT HAVE CONES BECAUSE I CAN USE IT IN MY SPRAYS.. i think im gonna buy it!

Posted By: naturalTAN
Date Posted: Aug 17 2009 at 9:41pm
i'm gonna check this out. i'm happy with my vo5, but y'all have have broken me down. it's only three dollars though so it's not that big of a stretch for me. LOL

Posted By: ohioshorty06
Date Posted: Aug 17 2009 at 9:52pm
Garnier Fructis is one line I have yet to try....NO!!! I will NOT go buy it!  I'll just have to live vicariously through yall.

Date Posted: Aug 17 2009 at 11:18pm
does it smell like the regular GF?

Date Posted: Aug 18 2009 at 12:21am
it smells kind fruity but i cannot pin piont the fruitLOL maybe pear or something not your normal fruit scent.

Posted By: krisviola1
Date Posted: Aug 18 2009 at 9:12am
I saw the commercial for this the other day and thought it was great.  Everyone says that it doesn't have silicones but what is stearamidopropyl dimethylamine??? I only ask because I have no idea what it is and I usually get scared of things that have "dimeth" listed in the ingredients because I think they might be silicone.  I'm definitely going to buy a bottle after I finish my current bottles of Vo5

Posted By: ButterCaramel
Date Posted: Aug 18 2009 at 7:49pm
I bought it the first time I saw it I love it! I mix in a little EVOO to make detangling easier. I've had 2 girls that I work with ask to borrow it and they like it too.

Date Posted: Aug 18 2009 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by krisviola1 krisviola1 wrote:

I saw the commercial for this the other day and thought it was great.  Everyone says that it doesn't have silicones but what is stearamidopropyl dimethylamine??? I only ask because I have no idea what it is and I usually get scared of things that have "dimeth" listed in the ingredients because I think they might be silicone.  I'm definitely going to buy a bottle after I finish my current bottles of Vo5

It's not a silicone, silicones end in -cone, -conol and -xane.   From what I read, it (what you expressed concern about) is used to keep product from separating, but it can also be used to add slip and conditioning and is made from Stearic fatty acid.

Date Posted: Aug 18 2009 at 9:25pm

It's not a silicone, silicones end in -cone, -conol and -xane.   From what I read, it (what you expressed concern about) is used to keep product from separating, but it can also be used to add slip and conditioning and is made from Stearic fatty acid.
Thank you for clearing that up for me.  Now I wont be scared of dimethieverything.  Thumbs%20Up

Date Posted: Aug 18 2009 at 9:27pm
i actually went to cvs and went down the hair isle but forgot to look for this. i'll check tomorrow.

Date Posted: Aug 18 2009 at 9:41pm
CVS' line was too long! it hurt my heart to leave it in the store... my $$ is low and i have 2 think about college 

Date Posted: Aug 19 2009 at 4:31pm
yea be smart and and save tru. i couldn't resist myself and i went and bought it for the 3 for 10. i got 2 conditioners and 1 deep conditioner even though it has mineral oil in it. i never got the chance to see how my natural hair reacted to it because i just stopped using it once i started transitioning. hopefully it works but if not, i'll just give it to my relaxed (thinking about transitioning) roomie.

Date Posted: Aug 19 2009 at 6:51pm
^^NaturalTan... report back on how you like it ???

Date Posted: Aug 19 2009 at 7:34pm

Thank you for clearing that up for me.  Now I wont be scared of dimethieverything.  Thumbs%20Up

You're welcome. Don't be skerd, go on and get it. LOL

Date Posted: Aug 19 2009 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by tru_blu09 tru_blu09 wrote:

CVS' line was too long! it hurt my heart to leave it in the store... my $$ is low and i have 2 think about college 

That's right college girl! Clap

Posted By: neekie5235
Date Posted: Aug 19 2009 at 9:02pm
is this that new GF commercial that yall are talking about? if so i was quite interested too but i had some concern. i used the sleek and shine for a yr but the last 3mos of use my hair got really dry and raggedy. i wasnt sure if they changed their ingredients or if it just finally totally built up on my hair and stopped any moisture from getting in...

the commercial sho' do look nice though lmao

Date Posted: Aug 19 2009 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by rumebra rumebra wrote:

^^NaturalTan... report back on how you like it ???

i was supposed to be waiting a few days until i tried it because i was loving my fro, but the forest green bottle was calling my name! i cowashed with it first and the first thing that i fell in love with was the consistency. it was thick and creamy, a nice contrast to my vo5, and it had great slip. i ended up using a lot because i'm heavy-handed with product so i can't say for sure if a little goes a long way. my hair felt soft and clean afterwards, but it wasn't something i haven't felt before. i like it and will buy it again because i like how it feels in my hair and i think it'll be a good replacement for my HE conditioners that i use as leave-ins because this doesn't have cones.

as for the 3 min dryness reveral treatment, it wasn't anything special. i thought that it would exfoliate but it didn't. i had better experiences with my brown sugar scrubs. for 6.29 (regular price), i won't be buying again.

but like i said, the conditioner lives us to expectations, but it definitely isn't my HG conditioner. it was great as a leave-in. my hair feels very moisturized without any real moisturizer or sealing.

I give the conditioner a B+
and the 3 min a C-

Date Posted: Aug 20 2009 at 2:53pm
I was in Wal-Mart and I saw it, so I went ahead and bought it. I had my hair in twists and I began to saturate the conditioner on them. I then took them down. My hair never felt so soft and so...nice, lol. It is thick and creamy, but also not as greasy. I haven't tried co washing or dc'ing with it yet but I may in the future.

Posted By: Swift
Date Posted: Aug 20 2009 at 3:08pm
Love the curls in your avi, Lilpooky.

Thanks for the review Tan!

Date Posted: Aug 20 2009 at 3:44pm
Thanks Tan !!! I love the creamy texture and slip of the conditoner, also.

Date Posted: Aug 20 2009 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by naturalTAN naturalTAN wrote:

i was supposed to be waiting a few days until i tried it because i was loving my fro, but the forest green bottle was calling my name! i cowashed with it first and the first thing that i fell in love with was the consistency. it was thick and creamy, a nice contrast to my vo5, and it had great slip. i ended up using a lot because i'm heavy-handed with product so i can't say for sure if a little goes a long way. my hair felt soft and clean afterwards, but it wasn't something i haven't felt before. i like it and will buy it again because i like how it feels in my hair and i think it'll be a good replacement for my HE conditioners that i use as leave-ins because this doesn't have cones.

as for the 3 min dryness reveral treatment, it wasn't anything special. i thought that it would exfoliate but it didn't. i had better experiences with my brown sugar scrubs. for 6.29 (regular price), i won't be buying again.

but like i said, the conditioner lives us to expectations, but it definitely isn't my HG conditioner. it was great as a leave-in. my hair feels very moisturized without any real moisturizer or sealing.

I give the conditioner a B+
and the 3 min a C-

Thanks so much for this review!

Date Posted: Aug 20 2009 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by neekie5235 neekie5235 wrote:

is this that new GF commercial that yall are talking about? if so i was quite interested too but i had some concern. i used the sleek and shine for a yr but the last 3mos of use my hair got really dry and raggedy. i wasnt sure if they changed their ingredients or if it just finally totally built up on my hair and stopped any moisture from getting in...

the commercial sho' do look nice though lmao
slick and shine has cones in it that is probably what made your hair dry.

Posted By: neekie5235
Date Posted: Aug 20 2009 at 6:17pm
well my aussie moist is almost all gone... i'll need new poo and cond any way... why not try this stuff (the PJ in me has spoken!)

Date Posted: Aug 20 2009 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by Swift Swift wrote:

Love the curls in your avi, Lilpooky.

Thanks for the review Tan!
Thank you Swift. Smile

Posted By: RoxieDream
Date Posted: Aug 21 2009 at 9:02am
i couldn't find my Aussie Moist at Target anymore for some reason???? So I bought a bottle of the conditioner & 3 - Minute Deep Condition .... I agree with NaturalTan .... I like the conditioner but i'm not crazy about the DC 

Posted By: HairIam
Date Posted: Aug 24 2009 at 8:02am
I have the conditioner and the deep conditioner. I love the conditioner for cowashing and using as a leave-in! Nice moisture, keeps NG soft and relaxed hair even softer.  I've tried the deep conditioner and it was ok. To be fair I didn't do a clarifying wash before trying it so I can't give an accurate review. When I use it again, I'll review.

Posted By: PrinceszTori
Date Posted: Aug 24 2009 at 8:19am
i might try it i got about 4 bottles of garnier fructis instant melting conditioner
and plus tresmee is my fav co-was conditoner right now

Date Posted: Aug 24 2009 at 8:51am
I can't wait to use it again.  I got my hair pressed this weekend so I'm staying away from water for a few days :-(

Posted By: MzNique
Date Posted: Aug 27 2009 at 3:39pm
I love love love this conditioner. I bought some tues and just co-washed with it and just had to come here and tell you ladies that this is by far the best conditioner I have used. It gave me great slip and my hair feels so soft and moisturized. I would recommmend it. Thumbs%20UpThumbs%20Up
I havent tried any of the other products in the line but this one gets 2 thumbs up.

Posted By: Belladva
Date Posted: Aug 27 2009 at 9:17pm
Okay. I am picking this up tomorrow!!!!

Posted By: laz22girl
Date Posted: Aug 27 2009 at 9:39pm
You guys are making me want to buy this. I saw this thread a few days ago, but resisted the urge to run out and buy it. Everytime I go to Wal-Mart I contemplate getting it...but I always put it back. I have about half the Tresemme Moisture Rich left...I told myself I would try it when I finish with the TMR!

I am trying to go coneless, so this would help me. Now I am doing low cone to use up the rest of the TMR.

Date Posted: Aug 28 2009 at 8:26am

*peaks around corner* I conditioned with this last night.  It was fun. *runs away*

Posted By: leelee82
Date Posted: Aug 28 2009 at 9:13am
Ok im going to get some of this during lunch today, ya'll got me convinced
*hides 4 bottles of v05 for now*

Posted By: mstoya25
Date Posted: Aug 28 2009 at 1:32pm
I bought this conditioner on Wednesday, and I haven't cowashed or anything with it yet, but I did dampen my hair and used this as a moisturiser on my twists today....My hair was so fluffy and curly I couldn't believe it or keep my hands off of it.  I was flipping my twists all over the place like *ahem* a white girl!Shocked  I can't wait to use it on my loose hair for a long conditioning session and I'll give reviews on that.Big%20smile

Date Posted: Aug 28 2009 at 1:41pm
hell this might give King Conditoner V05 a run for its money.. i will be picking this up sometime next week maybe

Posted By: laz22girl
Date Posted: Aug 28 2009 at 2:45pm
I gotta go get some of this. I bought three bottles of V05 yesterday, but I may just use those as leave ins since they are coneless.

V05 is too thin for me to cowash with.

Posted By: MzCaliky
Date Posted: Aug 29 2009 at 9:17pm
I bought the three minute and the regular conditioner  for this line tonight. It was on sale at Meijers for $2.99.  I plan on washing with Tresseme moisture rich and then conditioning in the shower with the new GF and then using the 3 min as an overnight deep conditioner. I shall return in the morning with my review.....

Date Posted: Aug 30 2009 at 12:58am
I love this stuff!!! My hair was soooo soft and I love the smell. This is my new favorite conditioner!!!!

Posted By: MzCaliky
Date Posted: Aug 30 2009 at 1:16pm
I only thought it was alright. The 3 min does not come close to touching my megasilk.

Date Posted: Aug 30 2009 at 7:17pm
Idk why I keep coming back to this thread.  I just wanted to add that the conditioner makes a great leave in.

Date Posted: Sep 01 2009 at 6:37pm

I used the 3 minute conditioner today and I really liked it. This is my second time using it, I really softened both my ng and relaxed hair.

Date Posted: Sep 02 2009 at 3:10pm
It is on sale at Ulta for $2.99

Posted By: shenitab
Date Posted: Sep 12 2009 at 12:50am
I have used the conditioner on myself and my daughters. I really like it. It left our hair softer than the other Garnier conditioners I have tried. Right now it is my favorite conditioner.

Posted By: lolipop2004
Date Posted: Sep 12 2009 at 2:54am
after 5 pages of great reviews I am going to have to give it a try.

Posted By: Swift
Date Posted: Sep 15 2009 at 1:47pm
I bought the regular condish last night and used it today after a wash.  It immediately made my hair softer after the wash.  I also added it to my DC, that's been on my head for about two hours (I think). 

I haven't tried the 3 min DC yet.  I dunno if I wanna...

Date Posted: Sep 18 2009 at 8:53am
Be careful ladies! It has a lot of cones in it so remember to clarify often when you use this or your hair will start to dry out like mine did.

Date Posted: Sep 18 2009 at 11:31am
Originally posted by HairIam HairIam wrote:

Be careful ladies! It has a lot of cones in it so remember to clarify often when you use this or your hair will start to dry out like mine did.
I thought everyone like it so much because there weren't any silicones in it.

Posted By: ohioshorty06
Date Posted: Sep 19 2009 at 6:18pm

kris, im reading the ingredient list and im not seeing any cones.

Posted By: SugarNSpice
Date Posted: Sep 19 2009 at 11:24pm
any shampoo users of this garnier triple nutrition ????

Date Posted: Sep 20 2009 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by ohioshorty06 ohioshorty06 wrote:

kris, im reading the ingredient list and im not seeing any cones.

That's what I thought as well.

Date Posted: Sep 20 2009 at 2:25pm
Nope, no cones. I just used it and me no do cones! LOL 

Review:

Thumbs%20UpThumbs%20Up ...nuff said.

Print Page | Close Window