Forum Name: Twists
Forum Description: General Discussion on Twists
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=204315
Printed Date: Jun 24 2018 at 12:40am

Topic: Pre-twisted kinky hair
Posted By: faithRx
Subject: Pre-twisted kinky hair
Date Posted: Jul 30 2009 at 11:18pm
I saw some kinky twist hair that was already twist but loose where the hair folds over.  How do you use this hair?  Everyone in the BSS was clueless! Confused

Replies:
Posted By: Star44
Date Posted: Aug 08 2009 at 7:34am
I think I know the hair your talking about.. the kind i bought was the marley braid.. i have yet to use it i plan on using it next week. Im guessing you may have to detangle it n if want split each strand Thts my guess..im also trying to figure it out.. Any one know for sure?

Date Posted: Aug 10 2009 at 1:40am

I still haven't figured it out.  One lady at the BSS said she thought you'd have to take it a loose to use it.  That seems really crazy!  You could just buy regular marley braid if you have to do that. 

Confused

Posted By: Cupcake77
Date Posted: Aug 21 2009 at 10:00pm
I know this is mega late but um I think you're suppose to crochet/latchhook that in.

Date Posted: Aug 30 2009 at 12:10am
I was wondering that, but it seems like the twist would be too thick to loop thru your cornrow.  Idk, though...maybe

Posted By: Cupcake77
Date Posted: Sep 01 2009 at 8:16pm
Yea I've used some thick crochet twists.  My cornrows weren't uber tiny though

Date Posted: Sep 02 2009 at 8:47pm

oh, ok.  I might try this.  Seems like I'd need a lot of bags of this hair for it to be full though.

How many cornrows did you have?

Posted By: tjayce88
Date Posted: Sep 05 2009 at 6:22pm
i'd like to try this. =] sounds cute

Posted By: LilMissSunshine
Date Posted: Oct 08 2009 at 2:38pm
LOL...some girl on youtube said she untwisted each twist then did kinky twists.

Posted By: Mz_Toya_1975
Date Posted: Nov 16 2009 at 12:24pm
I've seen that hair before as well.  I was under the impression that it was to be used for crochet braids.

Posted By: IncreasePeace12
Date Posted: Nov 22 2009 at 10:00pm

You don't latch-hook this type of hair in.  The hair only looks "twisted" while it's in the pack.  It is actually just tightly coiled, and the lady at the shop was right.  You undo it and twist it in.  The difference between this and marley braid is that it stays straight at the ends.  You use this afro coil hair for nubian twists, and marley braid for kinky twists.  Nubians look more like natural twists and Kinky twists look more like...well kinky twists!  Hope this helps!

Posted By: pmrannie
Date Posted: Dec 21 2009 at 10:37pm
^^I agree.  You have to untwist the hair, then twist it.  The nice thing about it is that each braid or twist will have an equal amount of hair, so its like its pre-measured for you.

Print Page | Close Window