Forum Name: Makeup Tips
Forum Description: Discussions on Makeup Tips
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=186366
Printed Date: Oct 16 2018 at 12:01pm

Topic: Random Makeup/Beauty Thoughts
Posted By: yourleoqueen
Subject: Random Makeup/Beauty Thoughts
Date Posted: Apr 16 2009 at 8:36am
I went back all 10 pages *eye roll at Russ for the 10 page limit* and didn't see a thread like this. Since several of the other forums have a random thread, I figure the MU forum should have one too! Why? Because I know I am not the only one who is constantly having random MU related thoughts throughout the day....don't lie. Stern%20Smile

This thread is to post anything on your mind (sorry OYMLOL) whether it's about your own MU or someone else's MU. Rant or rave. The good, the bad and the oogly. So let's get it started!

Aaaaaaaaaaand GO! LOL 

Replies:
Date Posted: Apr 16 2009 at 8:44am
Finally made me some mixing medium last night. I'll use it one of these days.  

Posted By: Blue Suede
Date Posted: Apr 16 2009 at 9:35am
You'll love it leo. It has so many uses and ure MU will pop.

Date Posted: Apr 16 2009 at 9:36am
Double post

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Apr 16 2009 at 12:05pm
I made my own paint pot with cream foundation/concealer and loose pigments because I just cannot spend $20.00 on a MAC paint pot. It turned out great and I love it.

Posted By: dynamite23
Date Posted: Apr 16 2009 at 12:18pm
I'm a complete idiot when it comes to make upDisapprove

Posted By: VirtuousWoman87
Date Posted: Apr 16 2009 at 1:06pm

i want to purchase foundation from MAC but have no idea what my color is and i dread having light face/darkface syndrome!

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Apr 16 2009 at 2:24pm
I use to focus on peoples clothes now all I do is look at their makeup.

Posted By: missyo67
Date Posted: Apr 16 2009 at 2:56pm
Why do I feel like I have all the basics but can't quite put them together right?? I feel like my GARANIMALS don't match (aka hippo w/giraffe)Pinch

I need a new look and not sure where to start......I feel so "basic".

Posted By: nickybee
Date Posted: Apr 16 2009 at 4:04pm
Black eyeliner is not made for the lips.

That is all.

LOL

Date Posted: Apr 16 2009 at 4:36pm
Picture taking tips:

When taking "closed-eye" pictures of your makeup, DON'T actually close your eyes as it distorts the eye and can make your eye makeup look funky.  What you should do is, hold the camera an inch above your face at angle, keep your head facing forward but look down and to the left.

Also, DON'T take pictures from below as it gives an unnecessary look into your nostrils. . and what if you have a booger (lmao).  Try to take pictures at eye level, from above, or the sides.  If you have to take pictures from below, angle your head downwards as to conceal your nostrils.

Date Posted: Apr 16 2009 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by VirtuousWoman87 VirtuousWoman87 wrote:

i want to purchase foundation from MAC but have no idea what my color is and i dread having light face/darkface syndrome!

Take a picture of yourself outside in the sunlight and post it on the forum. I'm sure one of these MAC heads *coughnickybeeordahoodmodelcough* would be able to tell you. Big%20smile

Posted By: morning_glory
Date Posted: Apr 16 2009 at 4:54pm
I hate it when you go to a club and dance and get all sweaty and your makeup melts :( 

Posted By: DarkEyes
Date Posted: Apr 16 2009 at 7:03pm
One day before I die I will master bright eyeshadows

Posted By: DamiaRose
Date Posted: Apr 16 2009 at 8:35pm
I wish I had all the money in the world to buy ALL MAC, Bobbi Brown and all the eyeshadow colors of the world lol 

Posted By: kalenjin
Date Posted: Apr 16 2009 at 8:58pm
I wish i never knew CVS existed. these stupid buy bucks are making me broke ... Cry

Posted By: PreciousOne
Date Posted: Apr 16 2009 at 9:34pm
I got a Bobbi Brown Smooth Skin Foundation in my color on ebay for $14 bucks, including shipping. I got it today and it's perfect!! The regular price is $40-$45. Yaaay me! 

Posted By: RoxAnn
Date Posted: Apr 16 2009 at 11:01pm
Why do people want the bomb eyeshadow appications but REFUSE to get their eyebrows shaped? If this woman ask me one more time, Im going to pop off on her...

I needed to release that, thanks!

Posted By: jacaristar
Date Posted: Apr 16 2009 at 11:10pm
i have no idea what primer is, and ijust learned how to do makeup a few months ago

Posted By: cutejawjapeach
Date Posted: Apr 16 2009 at 11:12pm
NickyBee needs to quit playing and start doing tuts on YT and show these chicks how it's really done...

Posted By: gabi03
Date Posted: Apr 16 2009 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by thewonderfulwa thewonderfulwa wrote:

I use to focus on peoples clothes now all I do is look at their makeup.

I understand, instead of following fashion trends i follow makeup trends ;)

Date Posted: Apr 16 2009 at 11:52pm
PEACHY!!!!!1111!!!!!111!!1!!!!

::Mollywops.::

Date Posted: Apr 16 2009 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by RoxAnn RoxAnn wrote:

Why do people want the bomb eyeshadow applications but REFUSE to get their eyebrows shaped? If this woman ask me one more time, Im going to pop off on her...

I needed to release that, thanks!

TALK.  ABOUT.  IT!!!!

We're >>here<< -- because that is seriously one of my biggest pet peeves.  Unruly, unshaped, just plain and messy eyebrows.  You don't need to put a severe arch in them but clean them up a little bit.. it doesn't take that much effort and it's relatively quick.

At MAC, I swear I would have a million appointments and more than half of them had the worst eyebrows and since we're not allowed to do anything besides fill them in, I had to GO OVERTIME with the concealer, eyeshadows, and brow pencil.  It was work!  I worked harder on the eyebrows than I did on the actual eye makeup.

Date Posted: Apr 16 2009 at 11:57pm
I appreciate each and everyone one of you that I've met on here.  Especially those who have come to me for help and make me feel like I actually know something.  =]  It's a great feeling to have such support from people whom I've never met.

What a fantastic group of women we have in this section, I have to say.

Date Posted: Apr 17 2009 at 8:37pm
Awww, Thats so sweet Nickybee! I know that all of the women on here appreciate you. I know I do, you have taught me so much!

Posted By: vanity1
Date Posted: Apr 17 2009 at 9:22pm
I really hated the way my eyeliner smudged have way thru the day...i posted a question before i went to work one day...came home..checked for answers and two ladies on the board replied ..they sent me to youtube.com to view two people who knew how to apply eyeliner...One of the people was a guy and he recommended the carbon eyeshadow from mac...I forgot the two ladies who responded..but thanks..Smile

Date Posted: Apr 17 2009 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by cutejawjapeach cutejawjapeach wrote:

NickyBee needs to quit playing and start doing tuts on YT and show these chicks how it's really done...

jq Stern%20Smile

I appreciate all the guy gurus on YT for doing MU tuts, really I do, but dammit if them Adams Apples and beards ain't distracting. LOL I just cannot keep myself from thinkin, "DUDE! Get a chick! You ain't gotta bone her just put the MU on her!" LOL

Date Posted: Apr 17 2009 at 10:23pm
Ahn oneayou heffas coulda tole me I had 2 randoms in the thread title. Ermm Embarrassed LOL

Date Posted: Apr 18 2009 at 12:37am
Originally posted by nickybee nickybee wrote:

PEACHY!!!!!1111!!!!!111!!1!!!!

OuchLOLLOLCryCryLOLLOL

You still remember that?...

Date Posted: Apr 18 2009 at 12:21pm
I was buying some pan at the bakery and I could not stop staring at the ladies eyebrows. She shaved them off and the AWEFULLY drew on a line..Stern%20Smile The bad thing is that she caught me and gave me the **side eye**LOL

How can I get my mom to stop from doing the one color swipe on her lids. She just takes the sponge applicator and swipe the color on...Sweet Jeezus, this is going to take some work..

Posted By: mc101
Date Posted: Apr 18 2009 at 4:48pm
why can't more makeup companies be like Clinique and give you a free makeup bag with samples of products inside when you spend 21.95. Hey I love getting free stuff on the spot but Clinique products do not work for me!!

P.S. I am aware of MAC's 6 empty containers recycle program but it is not quite the same.

Posted By: Arwai
Date Posted: Apr 21 2009 at 9:40am

Ladies, is this site legit?

http://www.brush111.com/" rel="no follow - http://www.brush111.com/

Posted By: angelluv
Date Posted: Apr 21 2009 at 10:54am
@Arwai I think they sell "bootleg" mac brushes...

Anway, I am really loving mineral makeup, I just hate the mineral eyeshadows. I will find a way to press those bad boys even tho many havent been able to successfully do it...

Date Posted: Apr 21 2009 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by Arwai Arwai wrote:

Ladies, is this site legit?

http://www.brush111.com/" rel="no follow - http://www.brush111.com/

No, they are not.

Posted By: meika79
Date Posted: Apr 21 2009 at 11:47pm
I HATE the chalky white one swipe on the lashline and/or highlight.

Posted By: Regalness
Date Posted: Apr 22 2009 at 8:12am
MAC has a new collection out...WHY!!! ????

Date Posted: Apr 22 2009 at 8:44am
If you're going to Photoshop your makeup pictures, at least do it well.

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Apr 22 2009 at 3:38pm
I was thinking to myself why do I always go to the darkest shade when buying foundation?

Why do I stay in the makeup ailse for a hour like its not the same sh*t from the week before.

Date Posted: Apr 22 2009 at 4:45pm
I am sick of MAC and all of its repromotes. I am kind of glad that they do, because thats the reason I began buying from other lines.

Date Posted: Apr 22 2009 at 5:12pm

Clap Dun color saturated the hell out of them pics! Got the whole room lookin like a brothel in the Red Light district. Colors jus glowwwin. LOL

Date Posted: Apr 22 2009 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by yourleoqueen yourleoqueen wrote:

Clap Dun color saturated the hell out of them pics! Got the whole room lookin like a brothel in the Red Light district. Colors jus glowwwin. LOL

Shuttttturrrrrp, YLQ.

LOLLOLLOL

Date Posted: Apr 22 2009 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by RoxAnn RoxAnn wrote:

I am sick of MAC and all of its repromotes. I am kind of glad that they do, because thats the reason I began buying from other lines.

Co-signing x10000000000000.

Not to mention, the multiple dupes of the repromotes or the permanent colours.

Date Posted: Apr 22 2009 at 9:26pm
Makeup is a drug that no one warns you about. I had a crappy day yday, i mean really crappy, i went to Sephora and my mood totally changed.

Ladies, if you're looking for something please please check ebay and co first, with the exception of easily fakeable things. I've had my eye on this traincase for a long while but i did not want to shell out the $120 bucks for it, i found the exact same traincase on ebay for $50.

Just because i take the time to make myself look good for MYSELF sometimes doesn't mean i am insecure of how i look, i do not have to be going "somewhere special" to do my face. If it bothers you that much do not look at me.

Posted By: MrsPackMan
Date Posted: Apr 22 2009 at 10:01pm
MY perfect coral lipstick does not exist

why doesnt someone come up with ONE foundation that will take on the shade of ANYONE's skin color??? 

no one told me that if you use apple cider vinegar as a toner that you have to dilute it Ouch  that chit burns!!!  and especially after using my clarisonic brush

Date Posted: Apr 22 2009 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by MrsPackMan MrsPackMan wrote:

MY perfect coral lipstick does not exist  Have you tried Coral Polyp, Sabrena?  =]

why doesnt someone come up with ONE foundation that will take on the shade of ANYONE's skin color???   When you come up with this, cut me into the shares because that would be a GOLDMINE and INSTANT CASH COW within the cosmetic industry.  LOL.

no one told me that if you use apple cider vinegar as a toner that you have to dilute it Ouch  that chit burns!!!  and especially after using my clarisonic brush  You can use that as a toner?  Interesting, never heard of it for that purpose.  I can't stand the smell of it and having it on my skin would make me recoil in my skin.  Hahaha.
Oo, you have a Clarisonic!  I want one -- the pink one actually!  Do you like it?

Date Posted: Apr 22 2009 at 11:49pm
Growing in your eyebrows phucking sucks huge, rank donkey balls!!! AngryCry

I just want to thread and tweeze these bad boys RIGHT NOW but I'm trying to go for that thick, framed eyebrow for the summer.

Date Posted: Apr 23 2009 at 4:21am

Growing in your eyebrows phucking sucks huge, rank donkey balls!!!

When I read this, all I could do was bust out laughing screaming "Hell Naw!"

Posted By: BlackstarBlue
Date Posted: Apr 23 2009 at 8:01am
u guys will hate me i never shape up my eyebrows.
Bwaahaaaa, i just fill em in and smooth em down
I think i'm cuteCryLOL
I do get them threaded for special occasions, but then i just get the hassle of my mum telling me that hell is filled with ladies with plucked eyebrows so i can't be bothered.

Anyway ontopic
i don't understand how so many people don't understand what the natural/neutral look is. I can clearly see you have colour on everywhere. Just because its brown/gold does not make it natural

Date Posted: Apr 23 2009 at 2:08pm
<----Another one growing back brows. I have just accepted that my eyebrows a) will never be twins. They are cousins on they daddys side, and that's fine. 2) look better thicker than thinner. Learned that by looking at some pics I'd taken the last time I grew them back.....after I had tweezed the hell out of them.  Ermm

So now once t'again, I am hitting the extra-strength (WalGreens brand) Rogain hard, hoping they will grow back as well as they did last time. *sighs*

Date Posted: Apr 23 2009 at 2:12pm
^^ Does the Rogain on eyebrows work?
--
I organized my make-up and came to the realization that I will probably not wear every last item ! I need to stop buying stuff.

Date Posted: Apr 23 2009 at 2:15pm
Yup, it works! Some people say castor oil works really good too, but I have been tweezing for *mumbleteen* years, and castor oil wasn't cutting it for me. I use the 5% and apply 2x a day.  

Date Posted: Apr 23 2009 at 7:22pm
What?  Rogain?

Alright, looks like I'm heading to CVS tomorrow.

Blackstar -- I've noticed that, too.  I think people get confused with the terms, neutral and natural.  LOL.

Posted By: Arwai
Date Posted: Apr 23 2009 at 7:44pm
Sigh, I'm trying not to get discouraged with doing my makeup. I know it takes time and practice. I dunno why I expected to do it like a pro out of the gate.

Posted By: Chi_town75
Date Posted: Apr 23 2009 at 10:20pm
in the past few months, i have become a consultant to my friends on everything makeup related. but deep down inside i want to scream "IT'S NOT THAT DAMN HARD!" and "I DONT KNOW IT ALL". lol

just because u own a lot of brushes and a few palettes does NOT make up a MUA

just because u own all MAC products doesn't make you one either. it makes u a person who like to use MAC. i could care less if you use MAC or wet n wild, if i can tell every single color ur wearing because they're side-by-side wit no blending then there are no amount of MAC products that will make me think of u any better....

*sorry i have a few lol*

is it me or does anyone else get really upset when u making out with your boyfriend and he touches your face and phucks up your mu? lol. like, it took me an hour to set this properly and u just smudged it! i better be gettin somethin in a blue box after this :-)

i, too, no longer see people's clothes. i see their makeup.

why must the summer heat liquify all of my hard work? :-(

i have more but i dont wanna overwhelm u all!

Posted By: femmemystique
Date Posted: Apr 25 2009 at 1:48pm
*disclaimer, I'm not a troll or newbie see my join date, I only post when necessary*  That said, huge rant...not everyone who puts on makeup should be doing YT tutorials as a "guru" Guru's keep it real, if this is a way for you to get friends, say so, don't say you want to help others if it's all about YOU (i.e. join my facebook group, follow me on twitter, come to my blog) I get that you want 1879780808 subbies, but teaching makeup and promoting yourself is different, yay for free goodies and sponsorship but "get over yourself" and if someone critiques you for saying white liner on the inner eye is stark unless you have winter white scleras, it's not HATING on you it's a statement.  Also, why are YT'er so cliquish?  Scandalous, Nicky (BeautyAllure), GoldenChild work hard so why aren't they as big as Fafinettex3 who is more a shopper and cute than experienced?  I am not saying who is better than whom, but it's become a popularity contest and if people are really trying to learn how to look like themselves and find techniques on how to accentuate and work with what they have, explain the difference between an editorial look and what works for day time as false lashes are always nice especially for short eyelashes but these Tammy Faye looks and Raggedy Ann looks aren't for professional women who have beauty but love makeup as well.  Sorry not meaning to offend but this YT phenomena has given some people acute narcissism.  Sorry again, not meant to offend but it was random Embarrassed

Date Posted: Apr 27 2009 at 11:38am

^^ Get out of my head about these Youtube tutorials !!!!

Date Posted: Apr 27 2009 at 12:39pm
I love MU but why is it so addicting...I want more eyeshadows and brushes...

Date Posted: Apr 27 2009 at 1:38pm
I actually find fafinet VERRRY annoying. And I don't think she's a pretty girl at all. 

Posted By: hma128
Date Posted: Apr 27 2009 at 9:56pm

I spend way too much money on makeup and I own way too many foundations....

Date Posted: Apr 27 2009 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by morning_glory morning_glory wrote:

I actually find fafinet VERRRY annoying. And I don't think she's a pretty girl at all. 

I do too, that 'I am a pretty lil princess/5 year old' voice is just so Dead. I do think she's cute though. LOL

Date Posted: Apr 27 2009 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by femmemystique femmemystique wrote:

*disclaimer, I'm not a troll or newbie see my join date, I only post when necessary*  That said, huge rant...not everyone who puts on makeup should be doing YT tutorials as a "guru" Guru's keep it real, if this is a way for you to get friends, say so, don't say you want to help others if it's all about YOU (i.e. join my facebook group, follow me on twitter, come to my blog I hayt that! I be thinkin 'I wish I would follow you all over the dayum internet! Who the phuck this bish think she is?!' LOL) I get that you want 1879780808 subbies, but teaching makeup and promoting yourself is different, yay for free goodies and sponsorship but "get over yourself" and if someone critiques you for saying white liner on the inner eye is stark unless you have winter white scleras, it's not HATING on you it's a statement. LOL Also, why are YT'er so cliquish?  Scandalous, Nicky (BeautyAllure), GoldenChild work hard so why aren't they as big as Fafinettex3 who is more a shopper and cute than experienced?  I am not saying who is better than whom, but it's become a popularity contest and if people are really trying to learn how to look like themselves and find techniques on how to accentuate and work with what they have, explain the difference between an editorial look and what works for day time as false lashes are always nice especially for short eyelashes but these Tammy Faye looks and Raggedy Ann looks aren't for professional women who have beauty but love makeup as well.  Sorry not meaning to offend but this YT phenomena has given some people acute narcissism.  Sorry again, not meant to offend but it was random Embarrassed

Clap Clap Clap

Posted By: Arielle
Date Posted: Apr 28 2009 at 2:06am
Ugh, oh my gods ladies, get out of my head.

1. There is always a girl on every makeup forum, that everybody panty rides simply because of looks and not skill.  She could be posting the same damn FOTD every time, nothing special, but she is guaranteed to pull tres beaucoup replies.  I click to open her thread, and what is inside besides wack posing?  NOTHIN!

2. I am sick of seeing this particular MAC ma at Macy's wearing this foundation that is at least three shades too light.  When I go in there to pick up something, I feel like I have to sneak past her.  Everytime she sees me she wants do "datzzle" me up in what looks like NC 15 powder.  Why?  So we can look like Kabuki mask twins?  Hell naw!

3.  I have discovered that I'm able to extend the life of my false lashes by soaking them in a peroxide solution overnight.  Of course I have to reform and re curl them, but it's like they are brand new again and sanitized. 

4.  BFD's picture of the smoky blue e/s makes me want to try blues again.  With my skintone, blue makes me look like I've got jaundice.  Is it possible there's a right shade for me?

5.  I was pleasantly surprised at the result I got with a black lipgloss.  Not subtle, but not overpowering either.

Date Posted: Apr 28 2009 at 2:39am

I do too, that 'I am a pretty lil princess/5 year old' voice is just so Dead. I do think she's cute though. LOL

Ooof you're so right!!!! There are actually quite a few "women" on youtube who speak like that..and I'm like 'how on earth do you not want to blow your own brains out every time you hear yourself?'

I honestly think she looks like one of those dogs with the squished faces..I wanna say a pug but I'm not sure..

Posted By: IslandSuga
Date Posted: Apr 28 2009 at 8:58am

Originally posted by femmemystique femmemystique wrote:

*disclaimer, I'm not a troll or newbie see my join date, I only post when necessary*  That said, huge rant...not everyone who puts on makeup should be doing YT tutorials as a "guru" Guru's keep it real, if this is a way for you to get friends, say so, don't say you want to help others if it's all about YOU (i.e. join my facebook group, follow me on twitter, come to my blog I hayt that! I be thinkin 'I wish I would follow you all over the dayum internet! Who the phuck this bish think she is?!' LOL) I get that you want 1879780808 subbies, but teaching makeup and promoting yourself is different, yay for free goodies and sponsorship but "get over yourself" and if someone critiques you for saying white liner on the inner eye is stark unless you have winter white scleras, it's not HATING on you it's a statement. LOL Also, why are YT'er so cliquish?  Scandalous, Nicky (BeautyAllure), GoldenChild work hard so why aren't they as big as Fafinettex3 who is more a shopper and cute than experienced?  I am not saying who is better than whom, but it's become a popularity contest and if people are really trying to learn how to look like themselves and find techniques on how to accentuate and work with what they have, explain the difference between an editorial look and what works for day time as false lashes are always nice especially for short eyelashes but these Tammy Faye looks and Raggedy Ann looks aren't for professional women who have beauty but love makeup as well.  Sorry not meaning to offend but this YT phenomena has given some people acute narcissism.  Sorry again, not meant to offend but it was random Embarrassed

Clap Clap Clap

Amen! I do tuts on youtube as well, but I stopped doing e/s vids so often because I needed more brushes and didn't want to look a fool trying to blend with a non-blending brush. Also some of my vids are for the acne prone. I help people with my vids and I post vids when I can. Of course I want to be partner, but I never ask people to go to my blog (which is more work than fun) or follow me on twitter (which I doubt I will join).

I keep it real with my subscibers and I tell them I don't wear foundation on the regular b/c I'm trying to take care of my skin first, rather than clog my pores just so I can look flawless online. People like fafinette b/c she buys so much dang stuff. Most of the time she gets free stuff too. I bet you half the stuff she never uses. Anywho, carry on!

Date Posted: Apr 28 2009 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Arielle Arielle wrote:

5.  I was pleasantly surprised at the result I got with a black lipgloss.  Not subtle, but not overpowering either.

- Where did you get this from?

Date Posted: Apr 28 2009 at 2:25pm
i can't stand the people at Sephora who try to help me. i know they are doing their job but when the same person asks me three times in 10 minutes and then someone else shoves a basket in my face, of course im going to get upset. i got irritated and told a lady to "leave me the Fck alone". ya'll i didnt mean to jap on her, i didnt. she just kept asking me everytime i switched aisles. had me over in the BM aisle knowing good and damn well i dont use that! ugh, so irritating. 

Date Posted: Apr 28 2009 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by Chi_town75 Chi_town75 wrote:

- Where did you get this from?

Bought it on Ebay  It was Yves Saint Laurent Black Gloss in "Pur".  I'm such a closet vamp/goth person, so this totally fit me.

I guess if you want to try something that is inexpensive just to test it out, NYX also has a black lipgloss too.

Date Posted: Apr 28 2009 at 6:44pm
I am about to scream if I dont get a decent set of MU brushes...lol...

Posted By: IslandSuga
Date Posted: Apr 29 2009 at 8:59am

Try Sigma makeup brushes, they are mac dupes. There are a few video reviews on youtube. I'm on the waiting list to get a set of brushes. www.sigmamakeup.com

Date Posted: Apr 30 2009 at 12:04am
I cut down 3 brushes that I have had forever into some MAC dupes, 187, 188 and 109. They work too! Ghetto, maybe, butteruh, I ain't out no money. LOL  

Posted By: BlaqueBarbiie
Date Posted: Apr 30 2009 at 12:31am
Interesting about the YT gurus. I think goldenchild sucks.

Love scandalousbeauty though.

Date Posted: Apr 30 2009 at 12:52am
Originally posted by IslandSuga IslandSuga wrote:

Try Sigma makeup brushes, they are mac dupes. There are a few video reviews on youtube. I'm on the waiting list to get a set of brushes. www.sigmamakeup.com

I saw them...So not in my budget right now...

Date Posted: Apr 30 2009 at 8:22am

Originally posted by IslandSuga IslandSuga wrote:

I saw them...So not in my budget right now...

http://www.sallybeauty.com/makeup-brushes-applicators/Cosm07,default,sc.html?start=0&sz=48" rel="no follow -

Date Posted: Apr 30 2009 at 12:26pm
YLQ:: Why?..lol...I am going to take my mom to get hair stuff today and Sally's is one of our stops...

Date Posted: Apr 30 2009 at 12:55pm

YLQ:: Why?..lol...I am going to take my mom to get hair stuff today and Sally's is one of our stops...

Whatchu mean why? Confused I'm jus tryina hep a sista belle out, $2.99! LOL

Date Posted: Apr 30 2009 at 1:20pm

YLQ:: Why?..lol...I am going to take my mom to get hair stuff today and Sally's is one of our stops...[IMG]smileys/smiley36.gif" align="middle" />
Whatchu mean why? [IMG]smileys/smiley5.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="Confused" /> I'm jus tryina hep a sista belle out, $2.99! [IMG]smileys/smiley36.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="LOL" />

I know but I know I'ma act a damn fool in there...

Date Posted: Apr 30 2009 at 10:04pm
Does anyone else hate it when you have an ABSOLUTELY PERFECT makeup day (and I mean perfect -- eyebrows are flawless, eyeshadow is blended to a "t", your lips are shaped and coloured in beautifully, your skin is radiant and glowing--looking like you just received an airbrush session)... and then you go to take pictures of it, so you have can evidence of this PERFECT MAKEUP day and then you realize:

a) Your digicam battery is dead.
b) Your digicam battery is charged and full -- ready to be used to take pictures but you take a million and one pictures and only ONE out of the slew of pictures you just took looks halfway decent.  Not great, not good, not even mediocre at best, but just decent.  Which to me means, I'll save it but I'll never post it.
or c) You're done with your makeup and you go to take pictures and realize that you don't have any time to take photographic evidence of said look because you spent the majority of your time on your makeup and hair.

I swear this happens to me EVERY single time I actually make myself look presentable to the world.  And you all wonder why I never post FOTDs -- it's because my pictures are shatacular to the extreme.

I swear today and yesterday I did some beautiful makeup looks that I wore with my glasses (which is something I rarely do) but I couldn't take pictures of either one.  I really wanted to because I've been sent a few PMs by those who wear glasses asking to do a "glasses friendly" makeup look.  eff.  my.  life.  man.  Cry

Date Posted: Apr 30 2009 at 10:17pm
Aww Booski...::BIGHUGS::

I take like 70 pics(No lie) of each FOTD or hair install because none of the pics look good. So I completely understand...

Posted By: meika79
Date Posted: May 01 2009 at 12:44am
Why won't MAC bring back Metal Rock MSF?? They reissued SoCeylon like 5 times. WHAT...THE...HELL!!!

Date Posted: May 01 2009 at 2:14am
LOL !!!!!!!!!! @ Nickybee and cutejawjapeach.........OOORRR You spend so much time trying to take a great picture for FOTD that when you actually get to where you are going you can only take 3 pictures because your battery is now dead. OOOFFFF

Date Posted: May 01 2009 at 2:21am

LOL !!!!!!!!!! @ Nickybee and cutejawjapeach.........OOORRR You spend so much time trying to take a great picture for FOTD that when you actually get to where you are going you can only take 3 pictures because your battery is now dead. OOOFFFF

OMG, THIS ONE, TOO!

Sometimes, I can get some decent makeup shots from the candid pictures from night outs and such but more than half the time, my camera friggin' dies because I spent a hour in the bathroom trying to get that ONE damned shot.  SMDH.  This is why I've kind of giving up on the whole FOTD thing... the only pictures that I take that come out acceptable all come from my MBPro but the webcam quality is sh!t unless the room is extremely well lit... and I don't feel like dragging into my bathroom where I have the best lighting (track lighting = awesomeness).  LOL

Date Posted: May 01 2009 at 9:09am
I never realized until I started watching YouTube makeup videos how many women hung their bras on the doorknobs. LOL

Posted By: yankayank
Date Posted: May 01 2009 at 9:43am
OMG! Nickybee, you just read my mind girl. I have that same feeling, everything is looking BOMB and then it doesnt transfer to the pics, or when your out you take a bomb picture of your makeup but your drunk and while your makeup is flawless your facial expression is soo not, lol. Oh! Wait another one is how about you take the best picture of your makeup ever and the other person in the picture looks really bad, and you are soo close to eachother that if you crop them out you will look really stupid. hahaha. WOW!

Date Posted: May 01 2009 at 2:18pm

I never realized until I started watching YouTube makeup videos how many women hung their bras on the doorknobs. LOL

I don't do this..  Confused

I find it tacky, TBH.

Date Posted: May 01 2009 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by yankayank yankayank wrote:

OMG! Nickybee, you just read my mind girl. I have that same feeling, everything is looking BOMB and then it doesnt transfer to the pics, or when your out you take a bomb picture of your makeup but your drunk and while your makeup is flawless your facial expression is soo not, lol. Oh! Wait another one is how about you take the best picture of your makeup ever and the other person in the picture looks really bad, and you are soo close to eachother that if you crop them out you will look really stupid. hahaha. WOW!

Uhhh, this happens to me on the regular.
When I get drunk, I have this stupid tendency to make dumb faces as soon as a camera is put in front of my face.  Dead

Date Posted: May 01 2009 at 2:57pm

OMG, THIS ONE, TOO!

Sometimes, I can get some decent makeup shots from the candid pictures from night outs and such but more than half the time, my camera friggin' dies because I spent a hour in the bathroom trying to get that ONE damned shot.  SMDH.  This is why I've kind of giving up on the whole FOTD thing... the only pictures that I take that come out acceptable all come from my MBPro but the webcam quality is sh!t unless the room is extremely well lit... and I don't feel like dragging into my bathroom where I have the best lighting (track lighting = awesomeness).  LOL

AngryEvil%20Smile
Evil%20Smile

Date Posted: May 01 2009 at 3:16pm

LOL! LOL  I know I've seen a couple of those!

Posted By: yankayank
Date Posted: May 01 2009 at 3:43pm

Originally posted by yankayank yankayank wrote:

Uhhh, this happens to me on the regular.
When I get drunk, I have this stupid tendency to make dumb faces as soon as a camera is put in front of my face.  Dead

Right! Me too!! I guess I forget those can be posted on the internet, haha. My sister is always bogus and puts them on facebook. I have to go and untag myself.

Posted By: mediagirl
Date Posted: May 01 2009 at 4:29pm
I wish people would tone down the drag queen look. I've seen some pictures on this forum and all I could think was "damnnnn!, you've got to be joking".

Date Posted: May 01 2009 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by mediagirl mediagirl wrote:

I wish people would tone down the drag queen look. I've seen some pictures on this forum and all I could think was "damnnnn!, you've got to be joking".

As Nadia would say: Let.  It.  Out, Sister Media.

LOLLOLLOL

Posted By: nelaxxy
Date Posted: May 01 2009 at 7:14pm
You don't have to be a Pro to do great makeup just like Micheal Angelo didn't go to college to be one of the best painters (ever).

Date Posted: May 01 2009 at 7:32pm
I just realized that even though I have everything I always find something to buy. Like I have more than enough gloss but I'm about to hit up this NYX sale and get more. I just cant help myself.

Date Posted: May 01 2009 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by Blue Suede Blue Suede wrote:

I just realized that even though I have everything I always find something to buy. Like I have more than enough gloss but I'm about to hit up this NYX sale and get more. I just cant help myself.

+ Me

And howinahell you gon come all up and in through here toumbout a NYX sale and not give the pertinent details?
Angry

Date Posted: May 01 2009 at 8:37pm

LOLLOLLOL

Well, there are some people who are beginners and aren't familiar with techniques and tools.  But for those who work at it, the learning curve is pretty steep.  I've seen folks in real like go from clown to classy in only 3 - 4 months worth of practice.

I know it took me a while to even feel comfortable branching out.  But then I am one of those people that don't want to try any new makeup style unless it's perfect on me, and to do that, of course practice is necessary.  Needless to say, it took me a little longer to really get good at my makeup apps than some other ladies (and gents).

Posted By: gimmeMORE.
Date Posted: May 01 2009 at 10:02pm
*Why do drugstores have such limited shades, especially in foundation and powder?  sh*t people darker than Beyonce buy makeup too.

*I was wearing MAC and Clinique before the recession.  Now I do drugstore LOL

*need makeup brushes

*I like to put on makeup while I'm high. (I DONT LEAVE THE HOUSE LIKE THAT). I tend to get more creative and think of different combinations that I normally wouldnt have. and it's fun

Date Posted: May 01 2009 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by gimmeMORE. gimmeMORE. wrote:

*I like to put on makeup while I'm high. (I DONT LEAVE THE HOUSE LIKE THAT). I tend to get more creative and think of different combinations that I normally wouldnt have. and it's fun

Zeus take the wheel! LOL Cry LOL

Date Posted: May 02 2009 at 5:58am

Well, there are some people who are beginners and aren't familiar with techniques and tools.  But for those who work at it, the learning curve is pretty steep.  I've seen folks in real like go from clown to classy in only 3 - 4 months worth of practice.I know it took me a while to even feel comfortable branching out.  But then I am one of those people that don't want to try any new makeup style unless it's perfect on me, and to do that, of course practice is necessary.  Needless to say, it took me a little longer to really get good at my makeup apps than some other ladies (and gents).

I'm not referring to the newbies/beginners. There are some people who aren't so new to make up, who do the whole drag queen thing.

Their eyebrows are sooo high and far from their eyes, you would think the eyebrows are trying to escape and run off to a different planet.

And they seem to misunderstand the meaning of "highlight", so they plaster their brow bone with some colour that doesn't work with their skin tone or the other colours they have on. Just because that cute white/black/asian/boy-girl on youtube is using Mac's rice paper doesn't mean you have to use it too.

I love me some drag queens and some of them are so skilled, but I think women trying to take inspiration from them, have to tone it down a few notches.

Date Posted: May 02 2009 at 6:16am
Does anyone else have two different brows or is it just me and Mariska Hargitay?!

Date Posted: May 02 2009 at 7:25am

Does anyone else have two different brows or is it just me and Mariska Hargitay?! [IMG]smileys/smiley36.gif" align="middle" />

We are definitely in the same boat. Mine are unruly and coarse and I have to stay plucking and razoring to keep them tamed.

Posted By: BlackstarBlue
Date Posted: May 02 2009 at 12:32pm

Clap

Print Page | Close Window