Print Page | Close Window

Natural Hair Ladies, Is she speaking...

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: The Archives
Forum Name: Talk Archives
Forum Description: Archive Section
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=185940
Printed Date: Nov 24 2017 at 7:04pm

Topic: Natural Hair Ladies, Is she speaking...
Posted By: cutejawjapeach
Subject: Natural Hair Ladies, Is she speaking...
Date Posted: Apr 12 2009 at 11:40pm
...the truth?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtNVpTAUJ-Q" rel="no follow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtNVpTAUJ-Q

She says she is speaking for herself but she does make some generalizations...

If she is telling the truth in your opinion, do you think  all single AA women should go natural to find that "real, deep" brotha who has real swag ?..

Replies:
Posted By: yourleoqueen
Date Posted: Apr 12 2009 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by cutejawjapeach cutejawjapeach wrote:

...the truth?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtNVpTAUJ-Q" rel="no follow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtNVpTAUJ-Q

If she is telling the truth in your opinion, do you think  all single AA women should go natural to find that "real, deep" brotha who has real swag ?..

Hurts me to have to do this, cuz I love her MU vids, butteruh........

Date Posted: Apr 12 2009 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by yourleoqueen yourleoqueen wrote:

...the truth?

LOLLOLLOL...

I did that exact thing....

Posted By: nycdiva357
Date Posted: Apr 12 2009 at 11:49pm
wat YLQ said...lol

Posted By: hipsterdryad
Date Posted: Apr 12 2009 at 11:50pm
Many guys love natural hair, and no, they're not all "deep" or on "another level".

I know hair is serious business, but I don't think it's THAT serious.

I know natural girls who have attracted a douchebag or ten.

Date Posted: Apr 12 2009 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by hipsterdryad hipsterdryad wrote:

Many guys love natural hair, and no, they're not all "deep" or on "another level".

I know hair is serious business, but I don't think it's THAT serious.

I know natural girls who have attracted a douchebag or ten.

Evil%20Smile

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Its her opinion.
I hope all the natural ladies know that their hair helps them find deep and intellectual men.

Posted By: Sinnamon_Mami
I love that bathroom...  but I don't know if it attracts the best men... I honestly don't know...

Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Apr 12 2009 at 11:55pm

*insert side eye here* deep guys are deep guys. i think it would have more to do with a lady's personality as to wether or not she attracts them.

Date Posted: Apr 12 2009 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by Sinnamon_Mami Sinnamon_Mami wrote:

I love that bathroom...  but I don't know if it attracts the best men... I honestly don't know...

LOL Cry LOL

Date Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 12:20am
You all pretty much summed up what I was saying...I was like "Nooooo, I like you , please don't start talking out of the side of your neck like that"...LMAO...

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 12:26am
I think she should stick to Makeup tuts and keep her thoughts to herself.

Posted By: foxyroy19
Date Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 12:26am

I clicked just to see the bathroom....so sad I could not get pass her eyebrows....now natural hair means you attract men with dreadlocks...plain and simple......But I never stayed natural long enough to really know....

***disclaimer:  I did not listen to video.  I had the sound muted when I noticed her eyebrows... this is just my jist of this topic.  Anyone offended please accept my humble apologies.  Anyone offended...please do not quote.***

Posted By: SpicyBrown
Date Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 12:27am
I doubt that going natural will be the end-all-be-all way for a single AA woman to find a "real, deep brotha who has real swag" lol....but I definitely agree with much of what NaturallyScandalous said.

There is a HUGE difference between the men that I attracted before I went natural and the men that I attract now, and I'm sure that women have heard this same experience from tons of naturals. Before I went natural, I was still approached by a variety of different types of men of a variety of different races, but most of them seemed to be very superficial...as if they were looking for that "video chick" with all the beauty, glamour, nice body, etc....and that's it. Super shallow, they didn't have depth to them. I could already tell that while they may be able to entertain my eyes and offer eye candy, they definitely weren't going to entertain me mentally & intellectually, which I value just as much as the physical. I got the constant cat-calls and "Hey Ma" "Yo Shorty" "Hey Baby lemme holla at you boo..." etc...all of that nonsense that turns me completely off and wastes my time. The ones that actually did approach me respectfully at first, showed their true colors later on down the line, lol.

But after I went natural - the men I attract, as the video said, are on a whole other level and are the type of men that I am attracted to in return: intelligent & intellectual, not loud attention-whores but cool & collected, respectful, open-minded, cultured, what some may call "real and deep", etc...more along the lines of the Lupe Fiascos, the Commons, the Mos Defs, the Dweles....versus the Diddys that I was getting before, lol. Also, the way that men speak to me when they approach me is just completely different period now. Even the "Diddys" try to front and approach me respectfully with the "Good Morning Miss..."s and "Excuse me Miss, can I speak to you for a minute?"s...but I can usually see through a front. I rarely have to deal with any of the childish nonsense that took place before.

I'm not saying that going natural is the only way that a AA woman will be treated respectfully, and that if you want to find a good man you have to go natural - that's ridiculous. I'm not here to be a Natural Nazi. I'm just speaking from my personal experience. It just simply seems that certain types of men appreciate and are attracted to AA women with natural hair. I really wasn't expecting men to really notice it and make a big deal out of it, but they do. It's been very interesting to experience the shift lol!

ETA: I thought that I should also add that before I went natural, I attracted one of those intelligent, cultured, real brothas that I mentioned as my type earlier...and we've been together for 3 years now. He is actually the one that strongly supported me in going natural, helped me cut off my permed hair, and can't stop touching my curls now. He was attracted to me because of who I am on the inside. So of course it's what is on the inside that will ultimately attract a man and keep him around. But, we all know how important first impressions are, and so I guess I said all of this to say that the first impression of natural hair attracts a certain type of guy.

*Steps off of soap box now, lol.*

Posted By: MizzBrit
Date Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 12:40am
i guess
hair is hair is hair...
to me.

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 12:44am
Recruiting propaganda LOLLOLLOL

Attracted to and stay with are twoooo separate things and no man is going to stay with you depending on your hair, I mean would anyone want their relationship to be based on hair, I mean like seriously?

Posted By: slayfresh
Date Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 12:56am
please half these negros can't tell the diff between texlaxed, natural, relaxed braid-outs, wags, and bobraz and I doubt they care.

Date Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 1:21am
Thanks for another perspective Spicy...

Posted By: SeXxiLuV818
Date Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 1:30am
I dont think hair texture has anything to do with what kind of man u catch. Its all in how u carry yourself. 

Posted By: Totallycool
Date Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 2:56am
^^^Oh contrary SeXxiLuV818. Men like my dad are repelled by napps, ofcoarse, I aint exactly lookin for a man like that because it is clear that he has a preference for light n bright women with "gud haya".  I do attract a VARIETY of guys now, not just black guys and most truely do appreciate my hair. However, I think I am a puzzle for alot of people. Im a cute black chic with kinky hair, style, and grace. I dont have an accent at all. Not a southern one since i grew up in the south and not a west coast one. Unfortunately "ign'nt" people think I sound "like a white girl" and others dont know what to think about me when they see the dark skin, kinky hair, awsome style. They are ready to classify me but they cant. For some reason, I seem to be 'something else' to people. I dont mind it. Because it goes to show that Im breaking the classifications that they may put me in.   They recognize me as the individual.

Yes, Ive had plenty of guys yell erika badu, blah blah blah. Ignorance. They believe they have me all sized up. Wrong wrong wrong. For example, one brotha came into my job and decided to say very loudly HEY its MACY GRAY. I paused and stared at him for a milisecond with my head cocked to the side. Immediately he realized it was a mistake and spent the whole time he was there trying to correct it and get my contact information but that ship had already sailed. I dont accept guys who screw up that soon. I am not the "natural, freaky deaky incense burning granola eating" stereotype he thought I was.

Over all, I do believe my hair seperates me from not only other women of other races, but also other black women who straighten or wave their hair. Blacks are the most unique race on the planet and I embrace every part of that because I am 99.99% black. Because people in general hear what I have to say and see that Im not just another mindless sheeple following the media, I will say alot of guys who speak to me are on another level. Gosh and dont even get me started of the middle aged businessmen who keep making passes. I just know they would be a great catch if I were a lil older. You will be suprised how many guys have a thing for fros. Its not so much about the hair but how you wear it, darling.

I know one chic who has 2 looks. Natural, short hair, jacked up clothes no pride VS cute, long straight weave, heels and dresses to the 9. Now, I personally dont understand how she can switch from one to the other so publically, I mean, atleast look put together all the time! I can only imagine it must be akward for her to go from long straight crown to short kinky crown. Plus, it shows others subconsciously that shes not alright, and she isnt and she attracts the most awful guys...

Posted By: mediagirl
Date Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 4:40am
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

Attracted to and stay with are twoooo separate things and no man is going to stay with you depending on your hair, I mean would anyone want their relationship to be based on hair, I mean like seriously?

It really sounds like one of those propaganda videos! LOL

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 5:07am
Originally posted by yourleoqueen yourleoqueen wrote:

...the truth?

That's exactly what i was thinking.  I don't even have to watch the vid, I know who your talking about.    I will say natural hair attracts of different type of man...but not all men with locs have swag and smarts.

I understand what she's saying cause when I used wear a caesar cut I pulled natural type men but I also pulled white guys.  *shruggs*  The type of energy (and look) u put out there makes a difference.  When u wear your hair natural u tend to play it up by wearing more "ethnic" clothing.  Maybe not intentionally but for the most part...IMO of course.

Posted By: morning_glory
Date Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 5:42am
Different men have different tastes. You have assholes who like long relaxed hair and assholes who like "natural hair".

And this woman should know that there are always exceptions to each "rule". I'm 100% natural (textured, I do color my hair) but I don't have the kind of "natural hair" she is talking about. So where does that leave me? Am I never going to be able to attract a quality man because my hair isn't as curly as hers even though it's natural? Please.

My hair attracts more women than men though..so IDK.

Posted By: truequeen06
Date Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 6:09am
I guess she means natural hair attracts the coffee shop / spoken word type brothas, but let me tell you, they can be just as trifflin' as the rest.

Posted By: SpicyBrown
Date Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 6:30am
You're welcome Cutejawjapeach, great thread topic!

Posted By: dynamite23
Date Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 6:45am
uh huh, sure she's rightErmm

Posted By: divalane25
Date Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 7:17am
her MU is soooo pretty....but i dont know what the hell she's talking about. NO i know what she's trying to do buterummmmmmm still NO, that's way too much generalizing for my taste.

*thinks twice about my SO who loves my natural hair, hates relaxed hair and actually is a lot like the guy she's describing lol*

Posted By: Chyna_Li
Date Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 7:37am

She needs to knock it off.

I attrack all types of guys daily.  From the professional, to the frukkin loser, clown jerk. It doesn't matter how im wearing my hair that day- Natural or lace wig.  I foredamned sure wont retire my wigs to find me a man.

Posted By: lilchocolatema
Date Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 8:44am
Hey everyone, it's Erin from Scandalousbeauty/Naturallyscandalous. I haven't even been here in years, but one of my subscribers thought I should check this thread out...

As I said in the vid, it's just the differences in the brothas that I attract.  I have found a big difference since I was a permie.  I didn't say these guys are going to be the best men in the world, you can take them home to mama, won't try to just sleep with you, won't be assholes in the end...but they are just very different.  One of these guys even sexually assaulted me..but he was one of the coolest, funkiest, guys I had ever met, til I had to kick his ass.  I've also met really great guys as a permie,one of whom I dated for 5 years, and he hated my natural hair. But, they just weren't the same as those I've met over the past two+ years.

So all in all, I don't regret what I am saying.  I still meet guys that ask, oh are you going to straighten your hair?  It would be beautiful that way.  I'm currently working on my locs, so no straightening anytime soon.  I may relax in the years to come, who is to say?  My point is, as a natural, there are a different type of guy (IMO) that are attracted to you because of your hair. 

I may or may not lose subscribers over this, or whatever, and that's fine. That's why the vid is on Naturally Scandalous, my natural hair channel.  It's not on Scandalous Beauty, my makeup channel.  It's MY opinion and I'm not changing it.  Thanks for watching ladies.

Date Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 8:54am
I think I have to agree with you^^^

Posted By: LadyCC
Date Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 9:09am

Yeah, I think it is the perception.  Just like guys who are attracted to natural hair that is more european - still natural but not the same perception here.

For me, gettin' right down to it....intellectually stimulating, deep thought, whateva..... it all sounds good but does he have a job/career and future vision or goal.  I'm really too old for the bullsh%t!

Posted By: ladymzlee
Date Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 9:28am
[QUOTE=truequeen06]I guess she means natural hair attracts the coffee shop / spoken word type brothas, but let me tell you, they can be just as trifflin' as the rest. [/QUOTE]

Tee hee hee! A lot of those guys are full of more sh*t than the the sterotypical pants-sagging, street corner standing, slang talking brothers. Don't even get me started on the dred-loced brothers urgh.

I will say based on personal experiences and from chats with natural friends, if you are looking to hook up with a white dude, go natural. The fro is like a bat signal to them, they will come swooping down from rooftops to holla at you. UrghAngry

Date Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 9:38am
sorry about your sexual assault. 

Posted By: natural girl
Date Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 9:39am
Originally posted by Zupreme Zupreme wrote:

she is full of sh*t. sorry.
CryCry

Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 9:54am
Originally posted by ladymzlee ladymzlee wrote:

Tee hee hee! A lot of those guys are full of more sh*t than the the sterotypical pants-sagging, street corner standing, slang talking brothers. Don't even get me started on the dred-loced brothers urgh.

I will say based on personal experiences and from chats with natural friends, if you are looking to hook up with a white dude, go natural. The fro is like a bat signal to them, they will come swooping down from rooftops to holla at you. UrghAngry

LOL for the bolded, this post deserves a gold star Star

...bat signal LOL

Date Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 9:56am
lol neka I missed that...hilarious...

Date Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 9:58am
Originally posted by lilchocolatema lilchocolatema wrote:

Hey everyone, it's Erin from Scandalousbeauty/Naturallyscandalous. I haven't even been here in years, but one of my subscribers thought I should check this thread out...

As I said in the vid, it's just the differences in the brothas that I attract.  I have found a big difference since I was a permie.  I didn't say these guys are going to be the best men in the world, you can take them home to mama, won't try to just sleep with you, won't be assholes in the end...but they are just very different.  One of these guys even sexually assaulted me..but he was one of the coolest, funkiest, guys I had ever met, til I had to kick his ass.  I've also met really great guys as a permie,one of whom I dated for 5 years, and he hated my natural hair. But, they just weren't the same as those I've met over the past two+ years.

So all in all, I don't regret what I am saying.  I still meet guys that ask, oh are you going to straighten your hair?  It would be beautiful that way.  I'm currently working on my locs, so no straightening anytime soon.  I may relax in the years to come, who is to say?  My point is, as a natural, there are a different type of guy (IMO) that are attracted to you because of your hair. 

I may or may not lose subscribers over this, or whatever, and that's fine. That's why the vid is on Naturally Scandalous, my natural hair channel.  It's not on Scandalous Beauty, my makeup channel.  It's MY opinion and I'm not changing it.  Thanks for watching ladies.

Here is her clarification...for the skimmers and scanners.....

Date Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 10:00am
that "permie" word..
it sounds so..Ermm

Posted By: Lick3Shots
Date Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 10:01am
Originally posted by truequeen06 truequeen06 wrote:

I guess she means natural hair attracts the coffee shop / spoken word type brothas, but let me tell you, they can be just as trifflin' as the rest.

That is the truth! Since I've "gone natural," I have attracted a different type of man, but they aren't necessarily good men either.

Posted By: Tangie
Date Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 10:24am
Originally posted by lilchocolatema lilchocolatema wrote:

I am so sorry to hear you were sexually assaulted, I sincerely mean that,  but that comment gets the serious side eye. Sounds to me that you weren't attracting a "different" type a guy. He just did a good job hiding who he really was.

Date Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 10:34am
Wow, this is really amazing.  I didn't think people would read so much into my own experiences.  I created that video because people asked me (on my natural hair YT channel, not my makeup YT channel) about the different types of men that you attract as a natural.

There are AMAZING men out there that like relaxed hair, natural hair, weaves, bald heads, etc.  There are assholes that love relaxed hair, natural hair, weaves, bald heads, etc.  I have met amazing individuals when I had all of these hair styles (well, I've never been bald lol). I believe my daddy is the best man in the world, giving, caring, intelligent, and he is NOT a fan of natural hair by any means.  If you watch my natural hair vids at all, you'll know that I went natural b/c my hair couldn't take relaxers, my hair snapped off everytime.  Otherwise, I am 10000% positive that I would STILL be relaxed.

The point that I am making is...why am I being criticized for my own opinion?  I never said "grow out your relaxer" to meet great guys!  Nor did I say "the best men out there love natural hair".  I told you all the type of men that I am into, and those are the men that I am attracting.  If you aren't natural, or if you are natural and you haven't experienced what I talked about in my video, that's absolutely fine.  If you are relaxed or natural and this type of man doesn't appeal to you, that's fine. It could be a regional thing, it could just be me, it could be a lot of different factors, but I'm not going to change my views.  This is what I have lived. 

This is why, in my video, I give specific examples of the men that I am into. We are not all the same ladies. This is really, really getting out of hand.  And if you do not agree with me, that is absolutely alright. So if I am "full of sh*t" or if you believe that I am trying to make people change the way they look to attract different men, cool. But that's not how I see it. 

Posted By: natural girl
Date Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 10:42am
Originally posted by MizzBrit MizzBrit wrote:

that "permie" word..
it sounds so..Ermm
my thoughts exactly.

Posted By: BlueMagic
Date Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 10:56am
I think I understand what member_profile.asp?PF=6077&FID=39" rel="no follow - lilchocolatema is saying.  With natural hair she attracts a different style of man. She is meaning different in terms of the way they dress, places they hang out, musical interests, and what they are into in general.  Not different in terms of character, life goals, etc.

When we wear our hair natural, many people tend to make certain assumptions about us.  I think attracting a different "type" of man is related to those assumptions.

Posted By: uppitynegroid
Date Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 10:57am
She's pretty.

When I was natural, most of the men who approached me were white.

Most of the black men that approached me were exactly like what she described in the video, but I did get the entire spectrum of black men approach me as well.

Date Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 11:08am
This is EXACTLY what I am trying to say.  Maybe I didn't articulate in the best way.

Really though, I'm over all this.  I'm not a controversial person, I don't like to cause a stir, just like to be honest. I'll continue to do my makeup and hair videos, which is exactly why I joined Youtube.  I try to keep my natural hair videos separate for that reason, it wasn't my intention to even start it for tutorials or anything, just as a VLOG or online journal.  This thread can go on, and on, and on, but this will definitely be my last post.

I hope your hair thrives no matter what you do to it! Clap

Date Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 12:29pm

Thanks Erin for joining the discussion...I appreciate all perspectives on this topic...I just wanted to see what my BHM natural ladies thought about it...I don't think anyone will unsubscribe because of your opinion or personal experiences you shared but I could be wrong…I know I’m not...I just noticed some generalizations and wanted to see if any of the ladies here had experienced the same thing...

Sorry that you feel criticized for your opinion I just think others have a different perspective...

A big thank you to the subbie who felt compelled to tell Erin, it made the discussion just that much better...

Posted By: Sistagirl27
Date Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 8:31pm
(my two cents... ) i sort of agree that when natural you attract men who probably wouldn't  talk to you would with relaxed hair.

Then again I thought it was because the naturals were the 1/10 AA woman who decided to break the mold and be a little different. But....I also believe that if that particular hairstyle helps you exude more confidence then you should in turn recieve that attention from the "men with different swagga".

This could possibly be the feminist in me but I believe that at the end of the day all men act the same in one way or another whether you have your hair straight or curly

Posted By: sweetdslollipop
Date Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 8:45pm
black men love black women.

Date Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 9:02pm

peachy, you are ridiculously pretty!

Embarrassed Thanks Z...

Date Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 10:06pm
Allz I wanna know is howinahell she get a link in her siggy?!

Is it because she been a member since 2005? I been here since 2004, I want my got damn link Russ! And since I have your attention Russell where is my other mutha phfluckin s? Still on back order I suppose?!

Posted By: longhairpls
Date Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by BlueMagic BlueMagic wrote:

I think I understand what member_profile.asp?PF=6077&FID=39" rel="no follow - lilchocolatema is saying.  With natural hair she attracts a different style of man. She is meaning different in terms of the way they dress, places they hang out, musical interests, and what they are into in general.  Not different in terms of character, life goals, etc.

When we wear our hair natural, many people tend to make certain assumptions about us.  I think attracting a different "type" of man is related to those assumptions.

You did an excellent job of clarifying what she was trying to say.
I think that the her facial expressions and some of her choice of words made pple overreact.

Posted By: yassy
Date Posted: Apr 14 2009 at 12:00am
Damn... didn't she say it was HER personal experience. She feels the artsy types guys do tend to be more into natural women. She is not saying that these guys are good guys but the neo soul guys tend to be drawn to natural girls. This is her experience how the heck is this debatable.

Date Posted: Apr 14 2009 at 12:04am
lmao at YLQ...

Posted By: nickybee
Date Posted: Apr 14 2009 at 12:24am

peachy, you are ridiculously pretty!

Embarrassed Thanks Z...

Z, STOP TELLING HER STUFF LIKE THAT.

Don't you see her signature?  You're feeding the beast.

AngryAngryAngry

LOLLOLLOL

Posted By: Dehinds
Date Posted: Apr 15 2009 at 6:15am
Originally posted by yassy yassy wrote:

Damn... didn't she say it was HER personal experience. She feels the artsy types guys do tend to be more into natural women. She is not saying that these guys are good guys but the neo soul guys tend to be drawn to natural girls. This is her experience how the heck is this debatable.

I agree experiences are different.

Date Posted: Apr 15 2009 at 8:50am
Yes Yassy. She said "in her experience" and "in her opinion."

Posted By: rr11l07
Date Posted: Apr 15 2009 at 11:51am

I thought that statement was pure comedy I disagree that natural hair attracts the artsy type any more then relaxed or straight hair and thats from MY experience so since she isnt deeming this as a FACT i'll let her rock

But making statements like you should go natural to attract a certain type of male is just plain silly to me.....

Posted By: JaneLane
Date Posted: Apr 15 2009 at 12:13pm
I can kinda see what she's saying... I can also see where it would cause some people to be like Confused

This kinda reminds me of the statement someone made during a "why aren't there natural chicks in music videos" discussion. The poster said it was because, with natural hair comes enlightenment so that's why there aren't natural women in rap videos Ermm....I'm just like, "Really, bitch? Really?"

Anyway, though...."Carry on, designers!"

Posted By: LiberianQueen83
Date Posted: Apr 15 2009 at 12:16pm
not really my experience....if a guy is feeling you he will talk to you regardless of what your hair looks like.

Posted By: MissCassC
Date Posted: Apr 15 2009 at 12:18pm
I tried to watch it, but 8 minutes is just far too long.  

Posted By: wj0147
Date Posted: Apr 15 2009 at 12:19pm
Ive been natural for almost 2 years now, and I dont see that much of a difference with the guys I attracted when I was relaxed. Thats just me though.

Date Posted: Apr 15 2009 at 12:36pm

players come in all shapes, forms and colors. artsy players arent any less hurtful than "thugged out" ones. they still play the same game. so who the f8ck cares if they approach you more? same package, diff wrapping. the fact that she tries to suggest that you will find a more "enlightened" man w natural hair is pure BS. you will not fare any better. bitch please. most of the "enlightened" men i know are dogs.

MLK was an adulterer despite his "black power" appeals. Bob Marley was a womanizer despite his "peace and love" rastafari stuff..... The list goes on.

Dang Zupreme.   Why she gotta be all that?LOL  Don't be scornful.

Posted By: .L.A.M.B.
Date Posted: Apr 15 2009 at 2:30pm
My SO is one of those "deep" type of guys and so are his circle of friends. The "artsier than thou" type guys.. and yeah he likes natural hair on black women..but I met him when I was relaxed so..I dont think it really matters.

Posted By: Kindredsol
Date Posted: May 17 2009 at 12:32am

Date Posted: May 17 2009 at 12:35am
thewonderfulwa wrote, "I think she should stick to Makeup tuts and keep her thoughts to herself."

Okay wow, I unreservedly disagree with you. Every war in the history of mankind has been waged in the presence of a breakdown of communication. How can you indirectly make a statement to a woman that she should keep her thoughts to herself and just stick to make up??? That is belligerent, non progressive and preposterous! So, if someone doesn't agree with you, that person should just stay quiet. Why do you think we have forums, caucuses, debates, etc.. She clearly disclaims that these are her experiences, her thoughts and she welcomes feedback.  What you just said would set womankind back 60 yrs and it is at best, implausible... ShockedConfused forum_posts.asp?TID=185940&KW=&PID=3849754#3849754" rel="no follow">View%20Post

Date Posted: May 17 2009 at 12:36am
Originally posted by Kindredsol Kindredsol wrote:

Originally posted by thewonderfulwa thewonderfulwa wrote:

I think she should stick to Makeup tuts and keep her thoughts to herself.

Okay, wow I unreservedly disagree with you.  Every war in the history of mankind has been waged in the presence of a breakdown of communication.  How can you indirectly make a statement to a woman that she should keep her thoughts to herself and just stick to make up???  That is belligerent, non progressive and preposterous!  So, if someone doesn't agree with you, that person should just stay quiet.  Why do you think we have forums, caucuses, debates, etc.. She clearly disclaims that these are her experiences, her thoughts and she welcomes feedback.  What you just said would set womankind back 60 yrs and it is at best, implausible. 

WHAT THE F*CK!?!?!?!?

Date Posted: May 17 2009 at 12:37am

WELCOME NEW MEMBER KINDREDSOL

Posted By: hipsterdryad
Date Posted: May 17 2009 at 12:37am
Who bumped this thread from the BHM limbo?

Date Posted: May 17 2009 at 12:40am
Originally posted by Kindredsol Kindredsol wrote:

"I think she should stick to Makeup tuts and keep her thoughts to herself."

Okay, wow I unreservedly disagree with you. Every war in the history of mankind has been waged in the presence of a breakdown of communication. How can you indirectly make a statement to a woman that she should keep her thoughts to herself and just stick to make up??? That is belligerent, non progressive and preposterous! So, if someone doesn't agree with you, that person should just stay quiet. Why do you think we... forum_posts.asp?TID=185940&KW=&PID=3849754#3849754" rel="no follow">View%20Post

What's with the lil arrow? Aww, did you do a search of your posts before you got banned and copy paste that into here? Yeah, you should have removed the arrow, dead giveaway. LOL

Originally posted by hipsterdryad hipsterdryad wrote:

Who bumped this thread from the BHM limbo?

A member of da GGC who recently learned of the lift on the posting restrictions.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: May 17 2009 at 1:25am
Originally posted by SeXxiLuV818 SeXxiLuV818 wrote:

I dont think hair texture has anything to do with what kind of man u catch. Its all in how u carry yourself. 

IA!

I think maybe after some women went natural, they felt more confident and exuded that confidence and men picked up on it. Most good men like confidence just like we ladies are attracted to confident men. Star

Posted By: iNFATUATE
Date Posted: May 17 2009 at 1:40am
Well there's a thread in the natural section and the topic was discussed.
The general consensus was that you do attract a different type of man with a different hairstyle.

Not necessarily a better man, but just different.
Like duh.
Certain guys like certain things.

I can believe it.

Posted By: ~*ItsCameron*~
Date Posted: May 17 2009 at 3:30pm

...the truth?

that doesn't make any sense at all.Ermm

not that I'm lookin for a "real, deep brotha" anyway

as long as he's attractive, good personality, good job, or a good future...then its on.

Date Posted: May 17 2009 at 3:32pm

Date Posted: May 17 2009 at 3:34pm
Geek

Posted By: Beehmyn
Date Posted: May 17 2009 at 4:05pm
Sheeeeeet, I've been natural for the past three years. Why ain't I hooked up with a Dwele or Maxwell yet? LoL

Truthfully, my experience has been that confident women attract confident men. Maybe the reason she's attracting different men now, opposed to the men she attracted while wearing her hair relaxed, is that she's more confident and comfortable in her own skin...

Posted By: Heavenseventeen
Date Posted: May 17 2009 at 4:24pm
How can one natural woman speak for us all? For goodness sake.Confused

Date Posted: May 18 2009 at 3:58pm
To yourleoqueen,
Um not even sure what you're talking about.  I'm new to this message board so I was trying to figure out the "how to".  But you know, not concerned.  Especially if that's all you can come with Wink

Posted By: binky622
Date Posted: May 18 2009 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

AMENClap

Posted By: H0tg1rl
Date Posted: May 18 2009 at 4:26pm
does she know Dwele or Maxwell, how she know they won't whoop her ass, or cheat on her. It's crazy that she is judging these men on the songs they sing which isn't very bright, so that alone gets the side eye from me

Print Page | Close Window