Forum Name: Oily Skin
Forum Description: Discussions on Oily Skin
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=185528
Printed Date: Sep 22 2018 at 2:17am

Topic: The Cure for Oily Skin Is....
Posted By: mzhoneythang
Subject: The Cure for Oily Skin Is....
Date Posted: Apr 09 2009 at 8:13pm
*drumroll*................*clears throat*.............JOJOBA OIL!!! i bought some last week and i've been using it on my hair and it worked great! i saw a guy on youtube who recommended that you use it on your face, and since it closely resembles the oil your face already makes, i decided to give it a try. i've tried everything to get rid of my oily skin (makeup, extra moisture, scrubbing, coppertone sunscreen, various mattifying lotions) and one of them worked....til i tried this! you just mix a little bit of it with your moisturizer (or use it by itself) and it works! i put it to the test today, i work at mcdonalds and i was in the grill with all the heat blowing in my face from the grills, we were busy so i was under stress as well. i was pleasantly surprised to find that i wasn't a greaseball when i got home (4 hours later), i looked the same as i did before i left the house! i tried it yesterday with makeup, but since it absorbs oil, it defeated the purpose. so yeah....looks like i don't need makeup anymore, i might finish out the container i just bought, but other than that it isn't necessary. just thought i'd share this with you guys!

Replies:
Date Posted: Apr 14 2009 at 8:01am
i guess no one agrees with me....or has anything to say about it....

Posted By: UnCommonFlower
Date Posted: Apr 19 2009 at 4:08pm
awesome. I have oily skin and work at mcdonalds too, so I'm excited to try this. where do you buy jojoba oil?

Posted By: sarakaun
Date Posted: Apr 25 2009 at 9:31pm
You can get jojoba oil from Whole Foods, most health foods stores, or online. I got mine online from http://www.butters-n-bars.com/index.html.

Posted By: missnatacha
Date Posted: Apr 27 2009 at 10:13pm
It sounds very similar or is the OCM. I'm so happy for you. The oily skin monster is something I hate.

Date Posted: Apr 28 2009 at 10:13am
i got mine from ebay, but you can get it from health food stores to. i'll have to check out that site to see how their prices are.

Posted By: trudawg
Date Posted: May 07 2009 at 2:53pm

So do you think this or the olive oil would have better results??

Posted By: GoodKarma4me
Date Posted: May 07 2009 at 9:41pm
Ok well i tried jojoba oil beneath my moisturizer to see if my face would be less greasy. Hmm...not so much. But the plus side is my skin glowed and it felt great. But i will stick to just using it at night before bed.

Date Posted: May 17 2009 at 9:07pm
i moisturize first and then put the oil on, you skin is somewhat oily to the touch, but looking at it it's not shining.

Posted By: karmelbrown
Date Posted: May 19 2009 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by mzhoneythang mzhoneythang wrote:

i moisturize first and then put the oil on, you skin is somewhat oily to the touch, but looking at it it's not shining.

So with your new discovery, may I ask what is your regimen?  Do you still use a cleanser?  I'm in the PJ 12-step program but I might have slip up for some jojoba oil.

Posted By: Nese*aka Neenne
Date Posted: May 24 2009 at 12:06pm
Wow..oil 2 cure oily skin..cant believes it(s not butter)

Date Posted: May 28 2009 at 10:39pm
mzhoneythang u actually may have found the secret...thiss time i did as u said i put it over my moisturizer,  and ur right, my face was not really oily at all. It was only oily to touch but did not look it. Anyways Im going to try it tommorrow again to make sure it wasnt a fluke...lol

Posted By: the baptyst
Date Posted: May 31 2009 at 3:49pm
I'm definitely trying this tonight!

Date Posted: Jun 01 2009 at 6:18pm
YES TRY IT lol!!! my regimen is pretty simple, i wash my face with Loreal Ideal Balance foaming gel cleanser (discontinued unfortunately, looking into other products), use noxema anti-blemish astringent (mostly because it smells like peppermint, not sure if it does anything for my skin though), moisturize with coppertone oil-free faces sunscreen, a little cocoa butter lotion, and a couple drops of jojoba oil to finish. i usually exfoliate every other day with noxema scrub (also discontinued, will probably go to a brown sugar and olive oil scrub next). i also do a microderm treatment every week or every other week.

Posted By: madirishgirl
Date Posted: Jun 06 2009 at 2:25pm
put more oil on my oily skin... i don't know..

Date Posted: Jun 08 2009 at 12:37pm
i'm tellin you, it works! i thought it was weird too, but since it's very close to the oil your skin already makes, it stops it from making anymore.

Posted By: Ms.oblivious
Date Posted: Jun 09 2009 at 11:47am
Ohh this is a good idea. I am going to try it because my mother and I both have really oily skin and I am constantly using blot papers. Someone said that when they touch their face it feels greasy but doesn't look shiny... does that greasy feeling go away after a few minutes?

Date Posted: Jun 10 2009 at 12:19pm

the greasy feeling stays..I mean the greasy touch...my face didnt really feel that greasy. Like if u use a blotting paper it will still be oily..well at least for me..but ur face dont really look like its oily...

Posted By: Bephie
Date Posted: Jun 10 2009 at 1:20pm
I'm going to try it... TIA!

Posted By: TexasFedQueen
Date Posted: Jun 30 2009 at 2:55pm
Wow i'm going to try it to cause lord knows that my skin is so oily

Posted By: famousamos
Date Posted: Jul 14 2009 at 1:33am

My skin is very very funky oily...it sounds strange but I will def try it...

Posted By: ifeyini
Date Posted: Jul 14 2009 at 12:37pm
thanks for posting this!!!!

Date Posted: Jul 21 2009 at 9:19am
UPDATE: To make this even more effective, i tried putting aloe vera gel OVER the jojoba oil and it works even better! So I wash my face, use astringent, sunscreen, jojoba oil, aloe vera gel.

Posted By: Honeechile
Date Posted: Sep 14 2009 at 6:49pm
mzhoneythang, I looked for coopertone oil-free screenscreen and the only one that said oil-free was for babies (SPF 50)....can you tell me which one is oil free and what is the SPR number.

Posted By: pretty_14u
Date Posted: Sep 18 2009 at 11:03pm
oil blotting sheets are very good as well

Posted By: IslandSuga
Date Posted: Sep 22 2009 at 10:29am
I tried it with olive b/c thats what I had in my kitchen. I didn't notice much of a difference. I will be trying jojoba next!

Posted By: IslandSuga
Date Posted: Sep 27 2009 at 2:55pm
Jojoba didn't do a damn thing but make me look greasier no matter how little I put on. Back to the drawing board.

Posted By: ImaFabulousDiva
Date Posted: Oct 13 2009 at 10:53am
Not to hijack the board but the cure for oily skin (IMO) is Aubrey Organics Amino Derm Gel. I have been using this for a little while now and I have yet to have anymore oily skin secretion. I thought that apple cider vinegar was the trick but after about 2 or 3 weeks the oily skin came right back out. Now with this aubrey I can't lie it leaves me feeling semi-dry and tight but not uncomfortable. Here's the pic

Posted By: blackhair
Date Posted: Oct 14 2009 at 9:51pm
OMG, I tried jojoba oil last night and today and my face was not oily at all. I tried it again tonight and tomorrow . Thank you !!!

Posted By: honey23
Date Posted: Nov 12 2009 at 7:22pm
Okay...I truely believe that I am the most oily faced person in the world.  I tired the jojoba oil today and it actually worked!!  I did not need to blot at all today.  I washed my face and used tea tree oil after.  rubbed alittle oil between my hands and face and thats it!!  Love it!

Posted By: ElectricLady
Date Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 2:39am
I tried all secondary oils and hated the shinyness. But I found the right combination for me! A thin quarter sized amount of castor oil and 3 drops of tea tree oil in my palm. Mix it together with my finger, rub palms, and let my face enjoy!

Pimples fear visiting me now.

Posted By: ElectricLady
Date Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 2:41am
My skin ISN'T shiny/oily, and it always looks fresh. No one believes me when I tell them I use oils on my skin!

Posted By: vanity1
Date Posted: Nov 21 2009 at 8:24pm
I am going to buy this and almond oil next pay check.--or sometime next month.Tongue

Posted By: vanity1
Date Posted: Nov 21 2009 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by ImaFabulousDiva ImaFabulousDiva wrote:

Not to hijack the board but the cure for oily skin (IMO) is Aubrey Organics Amino Derm Gel. I have been using this for a little while now and I have yet to have anymore oily skin secretion. I thought that apple cider vinegar was the trick but after about 2 or 3 weeks the oily skin came right back out. Now with this aubrey I can't lie it leaves me feeling semi-dry and tight but not uncomfortable. Here's the pic

I used that a couple years ago..didn't do much for my skin though.

Posted By: 2Angelz
Date Posted: Nov 25 2009 at 1:40pm
hmm...I have some jojoba butter, I wonder if it would work the same? I think it does have some other things mixed in with it.

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Nov 25 2009 at 8:01pm
I read on various blogs and I am no way advocating that anyone try it unless they are adventurous or have very resistant skin, but work on the blog-street is that you can use those anti-perspirant like Degree extra strength or something that is high in aluminum, that it controls the greasies.  I have never tried it and I will never try it because already my pits break out from aluminum-containing deodorants.  Here is the source(s):  

http://community.qvc.com/topic/Beauty-Banter-Archive/Tried-Using-Anti/5700036123&

http://spoiledpretty.blogspot.com/2009/05/heres-dry-idea-apply-antiperspirant-to.html

http://skin-nail-care.suite101.com/article.cfm/oily_skin_care_tips

I think I rather use that milk of magnesia.

Date Posted: Dec 04 2009 at 9:29am
i tried the deodorant thing and it kept making my forehead white...plus i found out i'm allergic to the aluminum ingredient in store deodorants, i have to buy nivea deodorant from thailand. 

Posted By: GrowGirl77
Date Posted: Dec 07 2009 at 9:29pm
My hubby has really oily skin, I'm gonna get him to try this *crossing fingers*

Posted By: kkty83
Date Posted: Dec 08 2009 at 9:35pm
I have a really oily t-zone and I hate it. No matter what I do my face is oily! Angry

I'm going to buy this stuff and report back. (Maybe in a week though. I'm broke right now).

Date Posted: Dec 10 2009 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by ImaFabulousDiva ImaFabulousDiva wrote:

I remember trying this years ago but it broke me out in a grainy rash.  I wonder if they reformulated the ingredients so  might put this on my wish list?

Date Posted: Dec 10 2009 at 4:24pm
I might get some jojoba oil to try this.  

Posted By: mush211
Date Posted: Jan 21 2010 at 4:56pm

WOW!!! I need this

Posted By: Dakotablu
Date Posted: Feb 09 2010 at 11:30am
i love the way it makes my skin feel its very silky feeling. I use it at night wont suggest using it i the day because of the sun

Posted By: MilionDollaGirL
Date Posted: Mar 28 2010 at 5:47pm
just use perioxide on ur face in morning absorbs oil and combats acne .. youll be straight 

Posted By: Hypnotik Funk
Date Posted: Apr 01 2010 at 6:28pm
I've tried using a mixture of Castor Oil and EVOO.  You have to find the right mix for your skin though and the castor oil should be used in a smaller amount.  The results were smoother much smoother skin, and since these are oils I noticed that my skin wasn't as oily during the day.

Posted By: ladykitten211
Date Posted: Apr 09 2010 at 3:50pm
I may have to try this one. I don't have any jojoba oil, but I wonder if Coconut oil would work. I read in another forum that applying coconut oil at night combats acne.

Posted By: hOnii
Date Posted: Apr 25 2010 at 12:04am
Thanks SO much for this tip! The days of waking up to a layer of grease on my face are long gone! I bought the derma e (i think) jajoba oil + vitamin e. I mix a drop of oil with a pump of my Clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel. This has been working so well that I finally dumped a good amount of the oil into the bottle of moisturizer and shook it up. With this mixture, it absorbs quickly into my skin without any excess greasiness and leaves my skin feeling NORMAL!

Posted By: GoatGoatEtc.
Date Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 2:18am
Gonna give it try!

Posted By: MsIneedhair
Date Posted: Feb 22 2011 at 10:38pm
Ok so do any of you wear make-up??? Idk about moisturizer than oil and make-up!

Posted By: DarkBrown
Date Posted: Aug 08 2011 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by Nese*aka Neenne Nese*aka Neenne wrote:

Wow..oil 2 cure oily skin..cant believes it(s not butter)

-------------
A man falls in love through his eyes, a woman through her ears.

Posted By: SkinSoSoft
Date Posted: Aug 08 2011 at 5:30pm
I might be wrong but this sounds like a pore blocker to me ....blocked pores = pimples....

Posted By: REU
Date Posted: Aug 09 2011 at 12:26pm
Make sure you don't overuse this oil cause it can cause breakouts after sometime.

Posted By: SimplisticLove
Date Posted: Aug 28 2011 at 4:44pm
I use black soap and that's what's working for me so far

-------------
Follow me on my Journey : Youtube.com/GlamorousKYANNA

*Lose some lbs b4 2O12 Challenge
*Beginners Hair Care Challenge
*1+ Inch By Christmas Challenge

Posted By: jaymd
Date Posted: Nov 05 2011 at 10:24am
I know having oily skin can be a pain...trust me....my face is always shiney lol BUT remember that those with oily skin...when we get older we have waaaaaaay less wrinkles. The oil is actually good for the skin, it keeps the face moist so as we age we have less wrinkles so don't be in such a rush to keep ur face oil free... i only blout my skin maybe 3 times a day knowing this.

Posted By: TexasBaby03
Date Posted: Nov 05 2011 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by jaymd jaymd wrote:

I know having oily skin can be a pain...trust me....my face is always shiney lol BUT remember that those with oily skin...when we get older we have waaaaaaay less wrinkles. The oil is actually good for the skin, it keeps the face moist so as we age we have less wrinkles so don't be in such a rush to keep ur face oil free... i only blout my skin maybe 3 times a day knowing this.

AMEN!!!

Posted By: anderson
Date Posted: Nov 15 2011 at 3:30am

Wash your face twice a day (no more) with warm water and a mild soap made for people with acne. Gently massage your face with circular motions. Don't scrub. Overwashing and scrubbing can cause skin to become irritated. After cleansing, the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) recommends applying an over-the-counter (no prescription needed) lotion containing benzoyl peroxide. This will decrease oil and bacteria.

Posted By: ***motema***
Date Posted: Nov 29 2011 at 2:33am
When I read this post yesterday it seemed to be a good idea and I tried it this morning. I mixed 1 drop of almond oil (because my ordered jojoba-oil hasn't arrived yet) to a quartersize of my day cream (seaweed daycream from the body shop) and massaged this mixture into my skin, I have to say it felt wonderful! So far my skin has a beautiful and healthy even shine to it (none of this oily layer)!! I'm so happy!! Thank you OP for the tipp!

Posted By: AmberColour
Date Posted: Nov 29 2011 at 6:34am
Originally posted by SkinSoSoft SkinSoSoft wrote:

I might be wrong but this sounds like a pore blocker to me ....blocked pores = pimples....
Yeah.. I'll definitely break out from this. :/

-------------

Posted By: fredmk
Date Posted: Dec 01 2011 at 2:46am
以及正如我 工作 在麦当劳 厨房,而不仅仅是 面, 手中 皮肤 基本上 油。

Posted By: barbaramory
Date Posted: Sep 17 2013 at 7:00am
Tongue  Take some honey, yogurt, milk and crushed sesame seeds and make a paste of these ingredients. This is also beneficial home cure for improving complexion of oily skin.

Print Page | Close Window