Forum Name: Shampoo & Conditioners
Forum Description: Discussions on Shampoos & Conditioners
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=135607
Printed Date: Feb 21 2018 at 6:11pm

Topic: The Worst
Posted By: SinJin
Subject: The Worst
Date Posted: Jun 10 2008 at 8:33am
Has anyone ever run across a product that was so terrible, that they should be removed from the market?  I've had some that I found poor, but not rising to the level of misrepresentation of their product.

Replies:
Posted By: Imperialis
Date Posted: Jun 11 2008 at 2:23am
Oh yes, It seems that some hair products that has worked excellently for my hair that products get closed out or no longer available, I dont understand why junk products get kept on the shelves of many stores where Im at, and something that greatly works, gets removed Or Discontinued, ...I dont like the managements and owners  and corporates of stores and dept's and Manufacturing companies they seem to ALWAYS Ruin it .Thumbs%20Down

Posted By: indiecat
Date Posted: Jun 11 2008 at 5:07pm
John Freda-Frizz Ease....

pls dont use these products. before i came home to BHM....i was shopping the non-ethnic aisles( though some stuff worked...)

I was curious about this stuff and i bought the shampoo, conditioner, serum, and something else w/ it, think a conditioning thing for styling.

The first time i used it, it was great or maybe i just thought that. but i noticed my hair breaking off unevenly after a few uses of it. it makes ur hair straight, but too straight and ur hair gets all confused, starts to shed...

Pantene Relaxed and Natural shampoo and condit...made my hair dry couldnt manage it at all...made it worst.

Posted By: HairIam
Date Posted: Jun 19 2008 at 1:34am

Moisture Maxx hair lotion--heavy and greasy!! Same goes for pink lotion...just gross.

Posted By: PurpleCraze17
Date Posted: Jul 05 2008 at 8:44pm
I have really bad dandruff. So, of course I turn to Head & Shoulders. I bought the intensive treatment in the navy bottle. And when I used it to wash my hair it made me feel dizzy and gave me a headacheDead. And then later that day I was scratching my hair and strands fell out and now I have a thin section of hair in the front. And the worst part is I have senior pictures to take in less than a week and I have a thinning hairlineCry!

Posted By: HairIam
Date Posted: Jul 07 2008 at 6:13am
Anything from Motions--but the moisture lotion or whatever it's called. It left my hair greasy, hard and brittle and it smelled like fish!

Posted By: debutante
Date Posted: Jul 07 2008 at 11:34pm
anything by organic root stimulator.  it makes me hair rougher than sand paper.

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Jul 08 2008 at 6:46pm
I would have to say
Dr.miracles
Pink Oil
Motions moisturizer
Doo gro
Black and sassy foam set
and Pantene relaxed and Natural

Posted By: missescoco
Date Posted: Jul 08 2008 at 9:56pm
pink lotion! I must of had the same bottle for yearsssss. somehow it moved with me to several different places. when I finally decided to clean out the closet, my husband retrieved the pink lotion from the trash & brought it back to me saying "It's still good- theres a lot left! why are you throwing this away?!" horrible, horrible stuff. I wouldn't have used it if i was stuck on an island and it was the only product i had.

Posted By: slykitten
Date Posted: Jul 08 2008 at 10:05pm
Head and Shoulders shampoo.  It tangled my hair so badly that I had to CUT out the knots!

Posted By: zagist
Date Posted: Jul 09 2008 at 8:52pm
Frizz ease is really crappy because my hair is still nappy afterwards

Posted By: LenaSerene
Date Posted: Jul 10 2008 at 12:26am
Originally posted by indiecat indiecat wrote:

John Freda-Frizz Ease....

pls dont use these products.

ITA!!! I tried that sucka back in my freshman yr or something. . .talk about making hair CRISP and DRY! I still have the bottle around here collecting dust somewhere. . .

Posted By: LenaSerene
Date Posted: Jul 10 2008 at 12:27am
Originally posted by debutante debutante wrote:

anything by organic root stimulator.† it makes me hair rougher than sand paper.

REALLY? Even the Replenishing Pak??

Posted By: Imperialis
Date Posted: Jul 10 2008 at 2:59am
Mines is pantene relaxed and natural, carols daughter, lacio lacio leave in, Ojon, blended beauty, these all made my hair GREASY ON top my head, felt like vaseline left on my top head of hair, nasty, so i totally avoid these!!! oh, and MTG.Disapprove

Posted By: kkscottdale
Date Posted: Jul 10 2008 at 11:52am
I hate PINK lotion. It is terrible. And Elasta QP Mango Butter, it just smells good. I don't wanna try anything with mineral oil, lanolin, or any of those of other crap.

Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Jul 11 2008 at 11:57am
Originally posted by PurpleCraze17 PurpleCraze17 wrote:

I have really bad dandruff. So, of course I turn to Head & Shoulders. I bought the intensive treatment in the navy bottle. And when I used it to wash my hair it made me feel dizzy and gave me a headacheDead. And then later that day I was scratching my hair and strands fell out and now I have a thin section of hair in the front. And the worst part is I have senior pictures to take in less than a week and I have a thinning hairlineCry!

Shockedawww thats harsh, i've noticed with all anti- dandruff shampoos especially kera care dry and itchy shampoo and conditioner, they always bring out a migraine on me, its the menthol i think.

Posted By: diamoness
Date Posted: Jul 11 2008 at 12:09pm
Yall are definately on target with the moisture maxx and pink lotion.  Oh yeah, Motions moisture plus conditioner sucks.  I have to also vote for Sulfur 8 grease!!!  

Posted By: gypsywoman35
Date Posted: Jul 12 2008 at 11:35am
ITA about Pantene Relaxed and Natural. I love the regular Pantene line. But the relaxed and Natural line is not for black hair...YUCK.

Posted By: sunkisseyes2
Date Posted: Jul 12 2008 at 12:21pm

Anything Isoplus. All of the products I've tried from them are very drying, especailly that oil sheen (it has so much alchohol in it). Glad to say I havent touched the stuff in over ten years.

Date Posted: Jul 12 2008 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Imperialis Imperialis wrote:

Mines is pantene relaxed and natural

pantene is a good brand and left my hair feeling soft

Posted By: mskgreenel
Date Posted: Jul 12 2008 at 8:07pm
Frizz Ease- Junk
Let's Jam- (in the summer it melts, ok when its not hott)
Dr. Miracles

Posted By: Curly B
Date Posted: Jul 13 2008 at 6:22pm
Hated:
ORS paks and Motions Protein Reconstructor

Date Posted: Jul 14 2008 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by mskgreenel mskgreenel wrote:

Frizz Ease- Junk
Dr. Miracles

Dr. Miracles is better when you just took your hair out of braids

Posted By: bellahoney
Date Posted: Jul 14 2008 at 8:10pm
Isoplus Oil Sheen
anything by Black and Sassy
Pink Oil
Motions CPR

Posted By: Mochantas
Date Posted: Jul 14 2008 at 11:37pm
let's jam heat styles curling spray was pretty bad.

it was soooo sticky and it's sweet smell is overpowering.  it didn't even hold my curl that well. blah.

i still like regular jam every once in awhile tho, lol.

Posted By: hajah1
Date Posted: Jul 21 2008 at 3:42pm
Elasta mango butter is not great at all and the smell is nice at first but then gets overpowering. I have to agree with motions- not good stuff.

Posted By: tt1989
Date Posted: Jul 22 2008 at 4:03pm
- Suave is only Good when you add something to it! (like Olive Oil, Honey.)
- Garnier Frutis Curl and Shine (so drying!!!!)
- Dark and Lovely Cholesterol...(the stuff is a bunch of crap in a jar!)
- anything with to much Alcohol

Date Posted: Jul 22 2008 at 10:33pm
anything greasyand too artifical.

Posted By: icebox08
Date Posted: Jul 23 2008 at 2:49pm
Dr. Miracle's perms. I'm not too sure about the other products but two of my friends used the perm and they both had extreme hair loss to the front of their head. Idk if it was too strong or what but they both had pretty nice hair before their Dr. miracle experiment..

Posted By: niki_p
Date Posted: Jul 24 2008 at 12:17pm
for relaxed hair:
most revlon relaxers (burned my scalp in 4-8 minutes,dried it out)
motions worked for me though.

for natural hair:
pink lotion is good after hair is just washed and still wet, after greasing the scalp. any other time it makes my hair ends rougher.

generally for my hair:
most gels, mousses, spritz tend to dry it out and dont hold it well. jams work especially after blowdrying.

Date Posted: Jul 24 2008 at 6:17pm
PINK LOTION-EW.

Date Posted: Jul 24 2008 at 6:18pm
DR.MIRACLES GROWTH SERUM--IT GAVE ME A NECK RASH.

Posted By: riko8477
Date Posted: Jul 24 2008 at 8:17pm

Moisture Maxx and pink lotion

Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Jul 27 2008 at 11:28pm

yeah Luster's pink oil really sucks booty. its too greasy and made my hair clammy

I really hated using the Pantene relaxed and natural line too. It gave me tender scalp and made my roots horrible and sore to the point I'd pull them out. that was 2006 and I'm still recovering. Worst thing I've ever used

I dont like Organics carrot oil either that made my hair clammy and greasy and the olive oil lotion doesnt really moisturize though I still use it

Posted By: lovely0706
Date Posted: Jul 29 2008 at 8:36am
Originally posted by missescoco missescoco wrote:

pink lotion! I must of had the same bottle for yearsssss. somehow it moved with me to several different places. when I finally decided to clean out the closet, my husband retrieved the pink lotion from the trash & brought it back to me saying "It's still good- theres a lot left! why are you throwing this away?!" horrible, horrible stuff. I wouldn't have used it if i was stuck on an island and it was the only product i had.
I second thatClap

Posted By: cali girl
Date Posted: Aug 06 2008 at 6:46pm
Wanakee Constant care for ends! Straight Vaseline! She is beautiful, but the product is not.

Posted By: LadyCC
Date Posted: Aug 08 2008 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by Imperialis Imperialis wrote:

Mines is pantene relaxed and natural, carols daughter, lacio lacio leave in, Ojon, blended beauty, these all made my hair GREASY ON top my head, felt like vaseline left on my top head of hair, nasty, so i totally avoid these!!! oh, and MTG.Disapprove

OMG...Lacio Lacio, could you have maybe used too much?

Posted By: MadamButterfly
Date Posted: Aug 20 2008 at 2:20pm
OMG I tried to use that mess in MIDDLE SCHOOL thinkin it was the junk, and it tore my hair up. Its terrible.

Posted By: MadamButterfly
Date Posted: Aug 20 2008 at 2:28pm

And Pink Oil . Everything by them.

Posted By: brenda
Date Posted: Aug 24 2008 at 1:17pm
Patene relaxed and natural
Pink Oil moisturizer

Posted By: MsGoodNPlenty
Date Posted: Aug 24 2008 at 1:45pm
REALLY??? I used ORS and my hair grew like wildfire and was very healthy and shiny...it just goes to show you that different hair likes different things.

Posted By: shemadcool24
Date Posted: Aug 26 2008 at 4:04pm
omg you ppl really dont like the ors replinishing pack !?!?

this is what made my hair so healthy and thick ! well before my weave Ermm
but omggg it saved my life . i will be using this to repair my damages Cry

Posted By: MsGoodNPlenty
Date Posted: Aug 28 2008 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by shemadcool24 shemadcool24 wrote:

omg you ppl really dont like the ors replinishing pack !?!?

this is what made my hair so healthy and thick ! well before my weave Ermm
but omggg it saved my life . i will be using this to repair my damages Cry

I'm thinking the same thing...

Posted By: misstoya
Date Posted: Sep 06 2008 at 3:21am
Pink Oil Lotion

Posted By: sunhun
Date Posted: Sep 06 2008 at 12:18pm
I have natural delicate 3a/4b hair, I have never chemically treated it. ORS replenishing PAK is the worse it gave me horrible tangles and breakage (it is a shame because it smells so nice). I used this after the creamy aloe shampoo and it took away the softness the shampoo had left me. I check the website just a while ago and they don't even advertise it as one of their products. LOL

The best conditioner by ORS has to be the hair mayonaise. Its truly a hair saver.

John fredia frizz ease Shocked I can't believe that product is on the market. Yuck! My hair broke off because of it.

Posted By: sunhun
Date Posted: Sep 06 2008 at 12:21pm
I forgot to say Pantene classic care for normal hair makes my scalp VERY flaky. Same with the conditioner. I had great results when I used pantent smooth

-x-

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Sep 06 2008 at 7:21pm
Luster's Pink Spritz. That stuff made my hair MAD HARD. And I didn't even spray alot. I wanted my curls to hold up, not turn into concrete!!!

Posted By: paidmodel
Date Posted: Sep 25 2008 at 10:52pm
pink oil and infusium

Posted By: tantan
Date Posted: Oct 06 2008 at 3:31pm
ORS Relaxer, caused so much breakage, it's been about 2 years now and my hair is still trying to recover

Posted By: HairOnomics2
Date Posted: Oct 09 2008 at 9:00am
Henna-my hair hated it, it made me hair into a matted mess. EwwThumbs%20Down

Posted By: momadiona
Date Posted: Oct 09 2008 at 2:44pm
Head & Shoulders

Posted By: Barbara
Date Posted: Oct 09 2008 at 9:49pm
Lusterís Pink Lotion.

Posted By: Curly B
Date Posted: Oct 11 2008 at 11:27am
Blended Beauty's Happy Nappy stinks like ish and Curly Q's milkshake is not all I've heard it was!  HATED them because I felt cut SHORT!

Posted By: Chantal34
Date Posted: Oct 12 2008 at 12:07am
Originally posted by icebox08 icebox08 wrote:

Dr. Miracle's perms. I'm not too sure about the other products but two of my friends used the perm and they both had extreme hair loss to the front of their head. Idk if it was too strong or what but they both had pretty nice hair before their Dr. miracle experiment..

ITA  with this comment. A couple of years ago I had a friend put in a Dr. Miracles relaxer and I suffered some chemical burns to my scalp. NEVER AGAIN will I use that junk!! I'll stick with my Revlon and Mizani!!

Posted By: ExoticMami215
Date Posted: Oct 12 2008 at 12:17am

I don't like the Pink Hair lotion or nothing from Motions really except the moisturizing lotion. I also don't like Affirm either.

The only products I use for my hair are the Root Stimulators

Posted By: ExoticMami215
Date Posted: Oct 12 2008 at 12:18am
Originally posted by Chantal34 Chantal34 wrote:

Originally posted by icebox08 icebox08 wrote:

ITA  with this comment. A couple of years ago I had a friend put in a Dr. Miracles relaxer and I suffered some chemical burns to my scalp. NEVER AGAIN will I use that junk!! I'll stick with my Revlon and Mizani!!

I don't like Dr. Miracle's perm either. It didn't ruin my hair but it didn't really straighten it all like that. I thought the perm was gonna be all that because I used the Temple Nap Cream and I don't even know if that worked

Posted By: misstoya
Date Posted: Oct 13 2008 at 3:44pm
ORS relaxer, as well as the replenishing pack! My hair starting shedding and breaking like crazy! It was terrible!

Posted By: wisconsin-mami
Date Posted: Oct 13 2008 at 4:17pm

ANYTHING by black and sassy (HORRIBLE products)

pantene relaxed and natural shampoo and condish! made my hair hard and then i thought the condish would soften it and it just made my head itch like crazy and start to shedAngry, i also had hair loss in the nape from it!!

Posted By: Nisha
Date Posted: Oct 14 2008 at 11:54am
Mane N Tail shampoo and conditioner.  It stripped my hair, dried it out and made it break off. 

Alberto VO5 shampoo.  It turned my hair into a scouring pad. 

Suave Naturals Condiontioner in Tropical Coconut put small lumps on my scalp.  I should have went to a doctor then. 

A dying brand, but Neutrogena Clean Shampoo.  It put lumps in my head as well.
http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-75261189898699_2017_112013807" rel="no follow -

Posted By: SCARLETT
Date Posted: Oct 16 2008 at 7:32am
Originally posted by misstoya misstoya wrote:

ORS relaxer, as well as the replenishing pack! My hair starting shedding and breaking like crazy! It was terrible!

I love these, they both leave my hair straight, shiny and strong.
But Pink oil moisturizer is the devil.

Posted By: Melyssah
Date Posted: Oct 16 2008 at 9:59am
Queen Helene Cholesterol...did nothing for my hair
Lustrasilk Mango Shea Butter Cholesterol...my hair felt stripped
Hello Hydration Shampoo...stripped my hair completely
Nexxus Humectress...did nothing for my hair

Posted By: DDBee10
Date Posted: Oct 27 2008 at 11:49am

Originally posted by HairIam HairIam wrote:

Moisture Maxx hair lotion--heavy and greasy!! Same goes for pink lotion...just gross.

ITA both qualify for the HAM of the century award.  Dead  Also, dislike Aubrey Organics shampoo and Nexxus Therape shampoo both dry out my hair and cause it to tangle.

Posted By: Barbara
Date Posted: Oct 27 2008 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by DDBee10 DDBee10 wrote:

Originally posted by HairIam HairIam wrote:

ITA both qualify for the HAM of the century award.  Dead  Also, dislike Aubrey Organics shampoo and Nexxus Therape shampoo both dry out my hair and cause it to tangle.

I totally agree.

Posted By: carameltonecute
Date Posted: Oct 28 2008 at 8:06am
Nexxus Therapee is drying. Nexxus period is a no..except for the emergencee

Posted By: Mervqueen
Date Posted: Oct 29 2008 at 9:04pm
Lusters Pink Oil
Dr Miracle (entire line)
Profectiv
Palmers Olive Oil
Motions Pink Oil

There are more, but these are just the ones I can remember now. I find that most commercial products do not work for me.

Posted By: NtrlBeauty285
Date Posted: Nov 01 2008 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Mervqueen Mervqueen wrote:

Lusters Pink Oil
Dr Miracle (entire line)
Profectiv
Palmers Olive Oil
Motions Pink Oil

There are more, but these are just the ones I can remember now. I find that most commercial products do not work for me.

I think that different products work differently on people's heads. So I think it's really hard to say what doesn't work. I think we should focus on what does work.

I use Profectiv, and Dr. Miracles, and I love the way they have worked on my hair. I use Palmers EVOO Conditioner, if I run out of my Biotin Conditioner and the P.EVOO makes my hair feel soft and silky when I'm done.

But What I have to say absolutley works without a shadow of a doubt for me is the Doo Gro, I(the blue bottle)  recommend that to anyone who wants to have thicker fuller hair. THe funny thing is I already have thick full hair, and I started using the Doo gro for other reasons. After six weeks of using it, my roots were so thick, I just wanted to run and cut my hair off, and start all over. Then I learned how to manage my even thicker hair.

This picture is of my hair 6 months after I started maintaining my natural hair. It is a couple days old twistout pushed back into a puff. No Doo Gro
This is my hair now same hairstyle, still shrunk after adding the doo gro to my regimen. I know it is a 2yr difference and a lot can happen but Doo gro definitely added all of the extra thickness.
this is almost a year ago, before I started using the Doo Gro. Just Basic Shrunken twists.
This pic is 2 months ago at my daughter's 1st Birthday Party. CHeck out the roots. (my twists are a couple of days old. I twisted them with Doo gro, and Jamaica's Mango Lime Twist & Loc Gel.

Posted By: Cinnamon
Date Posted: Nov 06 2008 at 11:13am
Pink Oil Moisturizer - This is stuff is so gummy and I hated it in my hair.Confused

Posted By: HairMaiden ;]
Date Posted: Nov 27 2008 at 4:41pm
Definitely Lusters Pink lotion, Doo gro, Motions, basically any hair product that's meant for black people's hair.

I don't know if I'm the only on to notice this but, it seems like most products directed towards black people are misspelled. Take Doo gro for example
LOLLamp  

Posted By: HairMaiden ;]
Date Posted: Nov 27 2008 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by NtrlBeauty285 NtrlBeauty285 wrote:

Originally posted by Mervqueen Mervqueen wrote:

Lusters Pink Oil
Dr Miracle (entire line)
Profectiv
Palmers Olive Oil
Motions Pink Oil

I think that different products work differently on people's heads. So I think it's really hard to say what doesn't work. I think we should focus on what does work.

I use Profectiv, and Dr. Miracles, and I love the way they have worked on my hair. I use Palmers EVOO Conditioner, if I run out of my Biotin Conditioner and the P.EVOO makes my hair feel soft and silky when I'm done.

But What I have to say absolutley works without a shadow of a doubt for me is the Doo Gro, I(the blue bottle)  recommend that to anyone who wants to have thicker fuller hair. THe funny thing is I already have thick full hair, and I started using the Doo gro for other reasons. After six weeks of using it, my roots were so thick, I just wanted to run and cut my hair off, and start all over. Then I learned how to manage my even thicker hair.

This picture is of my hair 6 months after I started maintaining my natural hair. It is a couple days old twistout pushed back into a puff. No Doo Gro
This is my hair now same hairstyle, still shrunk after adding the doo gro to my regimen. I know it is a 2yr difference and a lot can happen but Doo gro definitely added all of the extra thickness.
this is almost a year ago, before I started using the Doo Gro. Just Basic Shrunken twists.
This pic is 2 months ago at my daughter's 1st Birthday Party. CHeck out the roots. (my twists are a couple of days old. I twisted them with Doo gro, and Jamaica's Mango Lime Twist & Loc Gel.

im glad that product worked for you because it sure as heck didn't do justice for me.Cry

Posted By: Cupcake77
Date Posted: Dec 03 2008 at 8:55am
Pink Lotion - I hated this when I was a kid.  It seem to work for all the girls in the my girl scout troop but me. It just was glue in my hair. I used to hide it from my parents.

Pantene Relaxed and Natural - I'm so glad I'm not the only one with issues with that.  I like Moisture renewal and Great lengths (the conditoner). But R&N tangles and makes my hair shed even more.

Any thing with petrolatum (grease) in it - not even with relaxed hair same glue effect.

ORS Aloe Shampoo

Aquanet extra super hold *shudders* - whenever I got my hair curled as a kid my parents would put that in my hair to make them stay longer.  Yea, crunchy and stiff... I swear one time I bent a curl and heard my hair crack.

... there's a lot of other stuff I pretty much avoid the ethnic aisle these days. Sometimes I wonder if they put those chemicals stuff in ethnic products on purpose.

Posted By: anieanarchy
Date Posted: Dec 29 2008 at 6:06pm
Cantu no-mix relaxerAngry (My hair was matted and FELL OUT by the handful)
Pink OilDead (just plain no good)
Blue Magic (I used to love it before I learned petroleum products are a no-no)Cry
Suave shampoosOuch (too cheap to be any good... you really get what you pay for; NOTHING)
Doo GroAngry (NO)
Pantene Pro-V Relaxed and NaturalDead (too much mineral oil)

Posted By: beauty2008
Date Posted: Jan 01 2009 at 8:04am
Originally posted by Cupcake77 Cupcake77 wrote:

I pretty much avoid the ethnic aisle these days. Sometimes I wonder if they put those chemicals stuff in ethnic products on purpose.

ITA !! Why is it that most stuff geared towards black people have horrible indgredients ??

I hate:
pink oil (greasy mess)

doo gro (greasy oily mess)

ors olive oil moisturizer (make my hair dry and I always just assumed I need to use more .. Pre bhm days)

Jam (greasy mess that did NOT hold my baby hair to save my life bunch of crap to me)

Posted By: beauty2008
Date Posted: Jan 01 2009 at 8:06am
Oh and how could I forget the love blue magic its like blue petroleum .. disgusting only good to coat scalp before a relaxer and even then I'm sure there's better things for that

Posted By: Secretsweets
Date Posted: Jan 01 2009 at 11:24pm
Pantene Pro-V Relaxed and NaturalDead (too much mineral oil) it did nothing for my hair
Pink Oil mess that's  just what it isUnhappy
Dr Miracle Perm and anything  it should be call DR Mess in a jar
Africa Best Perm is a Joke

and If I  think of something else I will post it

Posted By: RainyENDSCAPE
Date Posted: Jan 02 2009 at 11:36pm

Sole&Cinnamon Dominican conditioner. Besides smelling like cinnabuns it did nothing for my hairThumbs%20Down

Totally twisted by Herbal Essence : The smell made me sick after a whileDead

Posted By: MzTeaze
Date Posted: Jan 03 2009 at 10:28pm
Garnier Fructis. My hair hates this stuff.

Posted By: CuddleCore
Date Posted: Jan 03 2009 at 11:56pm
i'd have to day ... Dr. Miracles. Because it didn't do Anything except make my hair smell like cat piss, and my scalp tingle Excessively. But not grow a bit. [and since i was relaxed at the time ... it also puffed my edges out.]

also Doo Gro, or one of those other Max Groo 2000 products, i don't remember the name. But the petroleum filled products that coat my hair and clump it together. Terrible ... >.<

Oh and Pantene relaxed and natural leave in moisturizer. The clumped my hair as well and made it extra Greasy and then Hard later. but then i'd reach down to massage my scalp and i could fell greasy-ness still in there. it was gross and annoying.

Posted By: xoxoluv
Date Posted: Jan 20 2009 at 8:10am
Africas Best Shea Butter lotionDead

Posted By: danniekay
Date Posted: Jan 23 2009 at 1:21pm
wow, so many where do I start:
Pink Oil moisturizer
pantene
dr Miracles growth balm (made my scalp tingle and hair stink but not grow)
Lustrasilk
African Pride Growth promade (that put sores in my scalp)
olive oil hair milk (worst stuff ever)
Queen Helene Cholestrol
Blue magic coconut grease (horrible!!!!!)

Posted By: TwinkletOes26
Date Posted: Jan 25 2009 at 12:02am
Pink oil moisturizer
Coconut oil greast(comes in a white jar with blue stripes)
Frizz ease anything frizz ease
avons shea butter deep conditoner

Posted By: prettygirlmin04
Date Posted: Jan 26 2009 at 3:18pm
ITA about the ors olive oil moisturizer and I thought the same that I just wasn't using enough

DOO GRO Mega Thick Oil...after using it one time my scalp started itching like CRAZY!!!!!!Ouch

Motions....simply ridiculous and should be removed

Posted By: Distant Dreamer
Date Posted: Jan 27 2009 at 11:39pm
Aphogee Shampoo for Damaged hair!

That is the worst shampoo!
Maybe its because of the chemicals in it. I suffered from
sores on my scalp that eventually lead to major headaches!

Posted By: catcookie
Date Posted: Jan 28 2009 at 1:10pm
well, it seems like everyone can agree on Pantene Relaxed and Natural.
that really dried out my hair and Dr.Miracle was a waste of money just
oily and made my scalp itch.

Posted By: CLCNY20
Date Posted: Jan 28 2009 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by PurpleCraze17 PurpleCraze17 wrote:

ShockedShockedShocked

I was JUST on my way to CVS to pick up some Head and Shoulders!  Oh man am I glad I saw this!  I'm sorry that happened Cry  No H&S for me.

Out of curiosity, is there a dandruff shampoo that you do use that works for you without things like that happening?

Posted By: r0ck_starr
Date Posted: Jan 28 2009 at 3:01pm
Wild Growth Hair Oil - I wasted money on this junk for years!
Anything that says GRO!

Posted By: virgo_babe84
Date Posted: Jan 28 2009 at 11:49pm

anything by Motions

Nexxus Humectress didn't do anything for me but made my hair break

BB Oil Moisturizer (this one was recommended for me and also dired my hair out and it stinks too)

Suave and all the other cheap condidtioners( I agree with whoever said that you get what you pay for when it comes to hair care products)

Posted By: Bekah
Date Posted: Feb 01 2009 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

yeah Luster's pink oil really sucks booty. its too greasy and made my hair clammy

I really hated using the Pantene relaxed and natural line too. It gave me tender scalp and made my roots horrible and sore to the point I'd pull them out. that was 2006 and I'm still recovering. Worst thing I've ever used

I dont like Organics carrot oil either that made my hair clammy and greasy and the olive oil lotion doesnt really moisturize though I still use it

WOW. I've used Patene relaxed and natural the last two times I washed my hair. My hair WAS doing well (i suffered from a lot of breakage and extreme dryness) until the last two times I washed it. My scalp has been really sore, my hair is hard, breaking, and I can just feel it being pulled out from the root even when I gently comb it.
Now I know why. Confused

Oh and anything by Herbal Essences is on my blacklist.
Dr. Miracle.. all that stuff is garbage. LOL
Motions stuff makes my hair drier as well.

Posted By: mlj1
Date Posted: Feb 01 2009 at 3:08pm
Hair I am, try the weightless line by Motions.  There is a weighless shampoo, conditioner and a hair dressing.  My hair is usually greasy and weighed down 2 days after I wash it.  So i tried the weightless line and it is pretty good.  Priced well also.Wink

Posted By: Scorn_Dem17
Date Posted: Feb 03 2009 at 5:20pm
Surge Olive/soya bean oil grease. Left my scalp irritated and itchy.

Posted By: MrsB
Date Posted: Feb 03 2009 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by virgo_babe84 virgo_babe84 wrote:

anything by Motions

Nexxus Humectress didn't do anything for me but made my hair break

BB Oil Moisturizer (this one was recommended for me and also dired my hair out and it stinks too)

Suave and all the other cheap condidtioners( I agree with whoever said that you get what you pay for when it comes to hair care products)

I agree with you on the suave it made my hair dry as the Sahara.  I have tried and hated pretty much every VO5 shampoo and conditioner.  Such garbage! Joico silk results made my hair hard.  Lets jam heat styles straightening cream made my hair greasy.  There are soooo many from my days of trying every product on the market.  Thank God that is over.  But Nexxus Humectress?   virgo_babe say it aint so.  That is a staple for me.  It moisturizes well and makes detangling a breeze for me. 

Posted By: cassiebw
Date Posted: Feb 03 2009 at 11:16pm

most motion items

Posted By: cassiebw
Date Posted: Feb 03 2009 at 11:16pm
*Products

Posted By: SugarNSpice
Date Posted: Feb 04 2009 at 11:23am
anything with Heavy oils like petrolium based, mineral oils, lanolins, and herbal oils in the shampoo products. i dont like them wet look on my hair.

Posted By: tionne317
Date Posted: Feb 22 2009 at 10:41am
dr miracles
pink lotion
motions
dark and lovely
ors cremes
pantene relaxed- horrid
and many more

Posted By: Wanny
Date Posted: Feb 22 2009 at 1:38pm
Pink Lotion..it's like applying grease cream to your hair.
Super Gro...Nothing super about it. Great marketing though.

Posted By: Wanny
Date Posted: Feb 22 2009 at 1:43pm
I can't believe so many people are anti-Motions!  I LOVE Motions CPR Conditioning Treatment. It leaves my hair unbelievably soft. I been using it for a few years with great success.  I do not; however, like any of their other products. The foams and moisturizers make my hair sticky... so technically I guess I'm mostly anti-motions.

Posted By: mlewis85
Date Posted: Feb 23 2009 at 6:23am
Anything by Africa's Best -- their leave-in conditioner does NOTHING for my hair

Let's Jam hair gel -- goopy, shiny mess that didn't even hold down my edges

Posted By: TrueEssence
Date Posted: Mar 07 2009 at 10:28am
Originally posted by Bekah Bekah wrote:

Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

WOW. I've used Patene relaxed and natural the last two times I washed my hair. My hair WAS doing well (i suffered from a lot of breakage and extreme dryness) until the last two times I washed it. My scalp has been really sore, my hair is hard, breaking, and I can just feel it being pulled out from the root even when I gently comb it.
Now I know why. Confused

Oh and anything by Herbal Essences is on my blacklist.
Dr. Miracle.. all that stuff is garbage. LOL
Motions stuff makes my hair drier as well.
IA ,the deep conditioning treatment tangled my hair and irritated my scalp must be at least at number 2 of my WORST PRODUCTS' List  ,I ve experienced prolems with the R&N lne my scalp turned red although my hair was extremley soft.
Here is my list ,ready ?
Any type of hair grease,Hair Food or whatever they call it
S-curl ,my hair hates this product
Mixed chicks Leave in Makes my hair hard,crunchy and untouchable,pretty much the opposite of the description on the bottle.
Suave Melon Shampoo I use it as Shower gel thats how harsh it is.
Wonder 8 Oil treatment _Yuck
Wild Growth Oil -It stinks unless you re single and unwanted dont use it ..
Tresemme Shampoo &Conditioner -Not my cup of tea ,left my hair brittle.
Tigi Oatmeal &Honey ,made my hair a frizzy mess
Any Hair serum makes my hair horribly dry and hard.
Anything with Glycerin makes my hair frizzy and crunchy .(If you wear your hair straight Avoid humectants like glycerin cuz they attract moisture into the hair shaft making it "spring " back .
Pink Oil Conditioner OMG this must have been the WORSE conditioner I ve ever used it was Uber Shyt.MAde my hair horrible!
Proclaim Aloe &shea Butter Conditioner +It leaves a film on my hair even after rinsing for sever minutes ,the same thing happen with Motions Cpr ,I assume is the Mineral Oil in it that coats your hair and "never let it go " .Tongue

Asha Hair Pomade -Very much overrated ,an imitation of Carols Daughter.
about that ...
CD's Rosemary Shampoo .Khoret Shampoo -Terrible stuff !!!Major waste of money
Khoret Amen Leave in Conditioner& Oil -Wayyy too greasy and I not a big fan of the seaweed aroma .
Another prodcut probably my number 1 WORST PRODUCT  
 was  really pricey and Worked totally  AGAINST my hair ; PHYTO sPECIFIC ULTRA DRY Hair Treatment ,it s suppose to be very moisturizing and hydrating while it made my hair extremely tangled and dry .For the price of 20 $ you would think it worked atleast a little bit ...Confused

ETA OYIN PRODUCTS ARE A RIP OFF THEIR BUTTER WAS HORRIBLE ,smelled funky and my bf didnt even want to cuddle when i had that on my skin or hair !! teh head to toe cleansing liquid was dirty water and the hair serum was absolute crap .The Oyin Leave In Greg Juice did NOTHING for my hair and it smells like ultra diluted levander eau de toilette.Hated the whole line !

Posted By: DiskObabe
Date Posted: Mar 07 2009 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by mskgreenel mskgreenel wrote:

Frizz Ease- Junk

Dr. Miracles

i have to agree w/ the let's jam. i remember going 2 school when it got hot lst yr & having it melt down the side of my face. it made my face all greasy hair lotions are the worst. & i dnt like indian hemp either tht also melts.

Posted By: Lyndzey920
Date Posted: Mar 10 2009 at 7:07pm
There are a lot of products i won't use, but there has only been 2 that I, and my hair HATED.

Aphogee Deep Moisture Shampoo
- Left my hair dry the first time, and the second time STRIPPED! and i barely used more then a quarter size. I refuse to use the rest and the bottle is almost full.

Pink Oil - This not just made my hair gunky but it left my scalp itching like crazy.

Print Page | Close Window