Forum Name: Talk Archives
Forum Description: Archive Section
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=12849
Printed Date: May 19 2022 at 7:25pm

Topic: Just say NO to this supplier.
Posted By: Tiburondm
Subject: Just say NO to this supplier.
Date Posted: Jan 04 2005 at 5:53pm
I used to try my best at trying to support Jasmyn's company Agape since its black owned but she has one of the worst customer service I've ever encountered.
I purchased hair from AgapeCollection on October 06, 2004 and received my hair 30 days later but it was the wrong length. I sent it back priority mail with tracking on November 11, 2004. When I inquired about my replacement a few weeks later, the owner stated that she was having problems with her supplier and it would take longer than expected since she had to send back the hair. Towards the middle of December I became irate and questioned where my item was and she stated by e-mail on December 22, 2004 that she had mailed out my item but I have yet to receive it. I will no longer purchase from Agape again. She has time to create her own forum online but not to tend to her paying customers . I am not the only one who has had problems with her company so I know its not all in my head.

Replies:
Posted By: stefani_diamond
Date Posted: Jan 04 2005 at 8:20pm

whats up T!

wow, thats too bad...sorry bout your trouble....we all done had some form of bad experiences it seems the last few months huh?  You aint alone...of course none of us ever are when it comes to that.....

Hope you had a great holiday...at any rate Jasmyn has a forum?

Date Posted: Jan 04 2005 at 9:05pm
Jas has now mentioned in her forum that she won't be taking orders for 8 weeks while she gets a larger staff. She said that everyone should have received their hair so I responded back. She'll probably delete it so here it is:

On December 22, 2004 you stated that my hair was sent  but  it was never received. I've never experienced such poor customer service in my life . I paid you on October 06 by paypal and returned the hair due to its shorter length by USPS priority mail to you on November 11 and yet you didn't deliver what you promised. This is very unprofessional of you. You talk about being a Christian? Christianity means honesty and respect for other human beings and to treat others the way you would like to be treated yet you haven't shown these qualities. You'll probably delete this post since I highly doubt you're woman enough to respond back.

Posted By: OrangePop
Date Posted: Jan 04 2005 at 9:18pm
Ooh, she done pissed you off...

Hey Tib, I bought some Bohyme hair because I always saw you talking about it and I LOVE it. It's only been in two weeks so far but no tangles no shedding no nothing, it's sooo pretty too. I got the Saharian and the Kinky Weave and mixed them.

What is it about Bohyme that you don't like that you're still in search of that perfect hair? I think I found me a keeper.

Date Posted: Jan 04 2005 at 9:34pm
I love Saharian Smooth but it would become really bushy and thick after air-drying it and tangled within 2 months due to overheating it so that frightened me a little and I decided to only put a few tracks up top since Indian remy is supposed to last longer. Plus the hair when wet gives a strong odor which I don't like while the Indian remy immediately absorbs the shampoo and conditioner I use on it and smells nice. This method for me is perfect and undetectable.
I find that my mom's Egyptian wave starts to tangle slightly within 2 months and she just keeps it in a bun but the purpose of having a weave is to show it off and let your hair down bringing yet more fear on just using Bohyme's saharian, egyptian, brazilian.
How's the kinky? Since SHF has it on sale/clearance I wonder if it will be discontinued? Did you ever ask them if they will continue to supply it? I'm curious about the natural wave as well but its only in bulk

Date Posted: Jan 04 2005 at 9:42pm
I really couldn't tell the differnece between the Saharian and the Kinky to be honest. The wefts were different and the Kinky may be a little more thicker but not a major difference IMO.

I washed it once and it did smell, but I dont' wear it wet so it was all good.

There's still a few other brands out there I want to try but I'm glad to have tried Bohyme.

I didn't ask about if the Kinky was going to get discountinued, but I think I may buy a few more packs just in case.

Posted By: SwtCandy4
Date Posted: Jan 04 2005 at 10:40pm
LOL....Tib, we have another supplier to add to this thread don't we?

Date Posted: Jan 05 2005 at 8:20am
Here's Jas' response:

Actually, the hair that your received was FREE! You have the hair in your head that you've actually paid for, the pictures were beautiful by the way. We Blessed you with TWO BAGS OF FREE HAIR OUT OF COURTESY, which you returned for longer hair. I don't know what better customer service that you can ask for. As I stated before the department is being reconstructed to improve quality and service. As a professional, I would like to keep our integrity, therefore I will not respond to the rest of your post, our shipping dept has been working with paid customers first and you will receive your free hair once it has been processed. Have a Blessed Day.

Here is my response under another topic:

Since I couldn't respond again to your comment about the so called "free" hair I'm posting it here.
Do you remember in June 2004 when I purchased your yaki hair which tangled on me as soon as it got wet? You stated in a letter marked August 2004 that due to my troubles and embarrasment that I would receive a free REPLACEMENT as I should have. I had paid for something that was unsatisfactory therefore I should have either been reimbursed or had the hair replaced yet it is now January 2005 and I'm still dealing with trying to receive my replacement hair! Why did you e-mail me on December 22 and say that you shipped out my hair and now you're contradicting yourself and saying it will be shipped later? You have a blessed day and try to learn to be upfront, professional, and most importantly honest next time and not keep promises you can't keep.

Posted By: essence
Date Posted: Jan 05 2005 at 9:55am
Tib I agree with you,
   I was Jas' first online customer and it took over a month for me to receive my hair. And when I did get it was the wrong thing. She allowed me to keep the wrong item but it still took another 2+ weeks to received the replacement. I sincerely hope the sista improves her service. I cant really speak on the quality of the actual hair as I have not used it yet.

Date Posted: Jan 05 2005 at 3:23pm
Well Jasmyn erased my second response as expected. She left her response that says that I got the hair for free as a courtesy from her company. Please, get real lady. I have all the e-mails and her letters to prove it. I worked hard to get to where I am in life and its not really about the money but about the principle. What if I had spent all that money and was only making minimum wage? Where's the justice? Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. I regret giving her another chance. I was warned by others but failed to listen. Now I have learned my lesson.

Date Posted: Jan 05 2005 at 4:35pm
Wow...And I really want to get my microillusions done by Jaz but Dallas is a long way from CT and I'm not trying to travel that far for some subpar service.

Posted By: JamericanGurl
Date Posted: Jan 05 2005 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by OrangePop OrangePop wrote:

Wow...And I really want to get my microillusions done by Jaz but Dallas is a long way from CT and I'm not trying to travel that far for some subpar service.

Opop
PhenomenalJoy knows of a place to get some great micros done out on the east coast. It's probably about a 1 to 2 hr Metro train ride from you. Ask her next time she's on.

Date Posted: Jan 05 2005 at 5:45pm
Hey Jamericangurl!!! Long time no see.

Thanks, I'll ask PJ next time I see her online.

Date Posted: Jan 05 2005 at 5:48pm

Hey!! How you? How was your holiday?
Happy New Year to Opop and all my other imaginary relatives!!!

I would look for yal everyday...I was bout t start printing up milk carton ads to find all yal...lol!

Posted By: SwtCandy4
Date Posted: Jan 06 2005 at 12:36am
LOL Jamerican!!! You sure didn't loose me. I still want that thang girl before you get that advertising!!! Call me It's getting cold!!

Posted By: tmf929
Date Posted: Jan 06 2005 at 1:54am
I've used Bohyme french refined and it was matted and very nasty looking after 2 weeks. Noone could believe it was Bohyme and I treated it the same as I do the very less expensive wet and wavy hair. I've also used Saharian smooth and it does smell and did mat badly also. I was in a very humid place, but for the money it should have behaved better.

Posted By: mahogany814
Date Posted: Jan 06 2005 at 6:53am
PhenomenalJoy:

I am in Jersey - I hear you know of a good place to get micro's done! Can you help a sista out PLEASE!

Date Posted: Jan 07 2005 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by tmf929 tmf929 wrote:

I've used Bohyme french refined and it was matted and very nasty looking after 2 weeks. Noone could believe it was Bohyme and I treated it the same as I do the very less expensive wet and wavy hair. I've also used Saharian smooth and it does smell and did mat badly also. I was in a very humid place, but for the money it should have behaved better.

I was actually going to buy the french refined for my sister but she wanted something more curly. That's really terrible that it tangled after only two weeks. Did you buy it from a BSS or online. I know superhairfactory.com has a 3 month policy from the date you receive your hair but I don't know the actual return policy of other places.
I said a while back that I believed the quality of Bohyme was going down a bit after I was used to the textured smooth lasting a long time and then months later when I got some for my sis it tangled on her and was also smoother than before . My Saharian tangled from high heat in a month (I think I told others 2 months but thinking back it was a month, 4-5 weeks).
Now since I only put 2-3 tracks of Saharian up top with the rest being Indian remy, I don't smell that fake hair smell and it has the body I'm looking for. So far its the best mixture I could find in obtaining tangle free hair that matches.

Posted By: blaxalrose08
Date Posted: Jan 07 2005 at 6:06pm
Tib,
You know I'm still waiting on that Fed Ex'd hair she sent..

Date Posted: Jan 07 2005 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by SwtCandy4 SwtCandy4 wrote:

LOL Jamerican!!! You sure didn't loose me. I still want that thang girl before you get that advertising!!! Call me It's getting cold!!

oh crap!!! I gotta find your #...Weeze gots to talk...lol. Combing my desk now...Look to here from me soon!

Date Posted: Jan 09 2005 at 8:39am
Bump Bump

Posted By: sgezine
Date Posted: Jan 09 2005 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by Tiburondm Tiburondm wrote:

I used to try my best at
trying to support Jasmyn's company Agape since its black owned but she
has one of the worst customer service I've ever encountered.

I purchased hair from AgapeCollection on October 06, 2004 and received
my hair 30 days later but it was the wrong length. I sent it back
priority mail with tracking on November 11, 2004. When I inquired about
my replacement a few weeks later, the owner stated that she was having
problems with her supplier and it would take longer than expected since she had to send back the hair.
Towards the middle of December I became irate and questioned where my
item was and she stated by e-mail on December 22, 2004 that she had
mailed out my item but I have yet to receive it. I will no longer purchase from
Agape again. She has time to create her own forum online but not to tend to her paying customers . I am not the only one who has had problems with her company so I know its not all in my head.

Doesn't she just work out of her house--I sent her an pm an asked where her shop was, and she never responded, I'm in the DFW area so I just assumed she was working out of her home--that was explain why she has no shop address or phone number on her website.

Posted By: BRANDYONMYLIPS
Date Posted: Jan 09 2005 at 1:09pm
mahogany814 i am also a jersey city girl and when you go to your hair done let me know because i also need to be hooked up til i get enough cash to be laced up. so let me know if and when you find someone i was thinking about going to texas but with the new info thats out.

Posted By: mahogany814
Date Posted: Jan 09 2005 at 1:12pm
You got it sis, I'm keeping my ears and eyes open!

Date Posted: Jan 09 2005 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by sgezine sgezine wrote:

Doesn't she just work out of her house--I sent her an pm an asked where her shop was, and she never responded, I'm in the DFW area so I just assumed she was working out of her home--that was explain why she has no shop address or phone number on her website.

That probably explains why I had called her company once and someone answered hello but when I asked for Agape Collections I got hung up on and later Jas' excuse was that no one was supposed to pick up the phone

Date Posted: Jan 09 2005 at 1:27pm

I forgot to mention that someone in another forum who got microillusions from her had no problem with the way she did hair but with her overall professionalism. She said that after flying in from another state she had to wait for almost 2 hours since Jas arrived late with a friend without a real explanation as to why. Jas then left because she was missing some items for the hair and came back 30-45 minutes later with a shopping bag full of stuff. She actually went shopping for non-hair related things while she had a client waiting for her . That is so wrong   

Posted By: DangerouselyShy
Date Posted: Jan 09 2005 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Tiburondm Tiburondm wrote:

I forgot to mention that someone in another forum who got microillusions from her had no problem with the way she did hair but with her overall professionalism. She said that after flying in from another state she had to wait for almost 2 hours since Jas arrived late with a friend without a real explanation as to why. Jas then left because she was missing some items for the hair and came back 30-45 minutes later with a shopping bag full of stuff. She actually went shopping for non-hair related things while she had a client waiting for her . That is so wrong   
Wow yes that was extra ;....especially since she FLEW in from another state come on now...thats tacky, two of my aunts own salons and would never do something like that

Posted By: hotandspicy
Date Posted: Jan 09 2005 at 3:35pm
My take on this situation is this. It was fairly clear from a lot of posts that Jas was not the timliest person even going back to the NYC threads. At least it was clear to me, where there is smoke there is fire. I am not surprised by the unfortunate experiences of some ladies. I think what happens with "us" is that we want to support our own as much as possible even when it looks like some areas need a lot of work. We push that to the side and give them chance after chance because we truly want to support our own and help them succeed. Unfortunately, sometimes it's recipricated and sometimes it is not. I have nothing against Jas and truly wish her well but I knew her business was one I did not want to fool with when all those complaints about NY went down. I do wish her well though.

Posted By: timeless
Date Posted: Jan 09 2005 at 5:15pm
Hola I am new here..

In my opinion, if you don't like the service or product provided..and it is not arrived promptly..in less then a week..

Since you are the customer, you can dispute that with your credit card company, and cancel the order.. so you don't get charged anything...and you don't worry if the package is going to arrive or not.. you buy elsewhere..

Don't waste time.. find better service elsewhere..

Date Posted: Jan 10 2005 at 7:14pm
Ok I did get my fed ex shipment..gotta go pick it up..

Date Posted: Jan 10 2005 at 8:56pm

Soda Pop

PJ says that the person that taught Jas is in Richmond, VA. She's looking for the exact info and when she finds it she'll let me know.

She still ain't figured out her BHM password

Posted By: maibabie1
Date Posted: Jan 10 2005 at 9:14pm
what are your rates for weaves?

Date Posted: Jan 10 2005 at 9:22pm
Hairfanatic, If you say that the hairs are not from IndianHairs then you shouldn't put the same pics as their website has in your ebay auctions. At first I was like hey that's great another vendor for us to choose from but as soon as I saw those pics I went hmmmm   

Date Posted: Jan 10 2005 at 9:56pm
where's the shop located?

Date Posted: Jan 10 2005 at 10:27pm
are you near the new gym?

Date Posted: Jan 11 2005 at 9:19am
Originally posted by Hairfanatic Hairfanatic wrote:

I'm sorry, there must be two vendors with similar names. I was a bit confused.

This is not Indian Hairs, but so I make sure I don't buy any, what's wrong with it?

IndianHairs.com sells inconsistent Indian Hair. One person might get tangle free hair while the next person may get the crappy hair that tangles just by running your fingers through it. They are not going to take the time to ensure that every hair they ship out is of good quality.

Date Posted: Jan 19 2005 at 7:20am
Just wanted to update: I got the hair from fed ex from Jas and it's a lot of hair, it's really gorgeous handwefted.

Posted By: Tracy
Date Posted: Jan 19 2005 at 8:58am
I'm still waiting for my "free" replacement hair for months now!  Since she was just replacing one bag that I was adding to my hair, I can't use it now anyway!!  Tisk, tisk Jas!!

Posted By: stylinchic85
Date Posted: Jan 19 2005 at 4:19pm
I was on another hair group and I was surprised b/c another lady said she was very disappointed in Jas's services

Date Posted: Jan 19 2005 at 6:10pm
Well I'm glad you received your hair Blaxalrose . I didn't have a problem with the quality of the hair from Agape's new supplier but the extremely poor service and being told my hair was on the way when it wasn't and having to wait months in order to receive hair .

Print Page | Close Window