Forum Name: Shampoo & Conditioners
Forum Description: Discussions on Shampoos & Conditioners
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=127193
Printed Date: Nov 24 2017 at 1:50am

Topic: Good sulfate FREE shampoo..
Posted By: ASHLEYG LUVz MU
Subject: Good sulfate FREE shampoo..
Date Posted: Apr 20 2008 at 7:52pm
What are some good products without sodium lauryl sulfate?

Replies:
Posted By: HairIam
Date Posted: Apr 20 2008 at 11:04pm

JASONS SEA KELP (and all of their other shampoos)

Mill's Creek shampoos
ABBA's Moisture Scensations

Posted By: Imperialis
Date Posted: Apr 21 2008 at 2:30am

My honey child hair products, and sweet nature hair care, and oyin hair products, they are considered all natural and excellent, I love them all !!!!ClapBig%20smile

Date Posted: Apr 21 2008 at 8:44am
Thanks! and where can i get this or should i find it online and buy it?

Posted By: divalane25
Date Posted: Apr 21 2008 at 12:30pm
you can purchase CD's off of their website or from sephora's website. you can also make ur own shampoo sulfate free from castile soap

Date Posted: Apr 22 2008 at 4:23pm
Thanks for the advise ladies! but i walked to walgreens and i picked up JASON"s 84% aloe vera shampoo ans conditioner and its amaaaaazing! at first I was like omg this tangled my hair really bad! but i comd it out and used some apogee pro-vitamin leave in conditioner and i can not beleive my hair! its so shiney and soft omg and new new growth feels so different! the curl pattern is  still there but its really silky and wow! im so happy with this product and also its sulfate free and basically all natural Thumbs%20Up

Date Posted: Apr 25 2008 at 3:35am

November 2008- Now its "Yes to carrots", its only at walgreens stores, and chagrin valley shampoo bar called Nettle shampoo!! great for my short hair.Big%20smile

Posted By: HairTrick
Date Posted: Apr 26 2008 at 1:09pm

At Whole Foods or Vitamin Shoppe you can find:

- Alba Botanical
- Avalon
- Aubrey Organics
- Burt's Bee's (also at CVS and Walgreen's)

Don't forget to also watch out for sodium LAURETH sulfate and ammonium Lauryl/Laureth sulfate.....alll stripping stuff

Date Posted: Apr 26 2008 at 1:43pm
THANKS HAIR TRICK

Date Posted: Apr 26 2008 at 6:07pm
Im dissapointed with our New vitamin shoppe, its soooo limited in the organic shampoos, this vitamin shoppe carries this "HUGO" Brand shampoos conditioners, to bath shower gels, to hand lotion, anyone heard of this Hugo stuff?

Posted By: Jade Feria
Date Posted: Apr 27 2008 at 12:29am
Aveda Sap Moss Shampoo

Posted By: Kimiche
Date Posted: Apr 30 2008 at 4:05pm
I use Abba Pure Moisture.  So far i'm really feeling it.

Posted By: HairTrick
Date Posted: May 04 2008 at 11:49am
I've seen Hugo at whole foods and the product slut in me knows that I will be trying it soon.  Right now I'm working through my Jason shampoo

Posted By: buybuybest
Date Posted: May 05 2008 at 2:42am

aubrey organics

Posted By: riko8477
Date Posted: May 05 2008 at 6:46pm
bump

Posted By: brenda
Date Posted: May 05 2008 at 10:05pm
Aubrey Organics

Date Posted: May 12 2008 at 11:20pm
Hugo red tea with Ylang Ylang, shampoo and the same in the Hugo conditioner, Im yet to try that red tea with Ylang Ylang body wash!!!!!Thumbs%20Up

Date Posted: May 13 2008 at 3:17am
Ladies, this Hugo shampoo and its seperate conditioner  which is found at the vitamin shoppe or any health food stores, is the BOMB!!Thumbs%20Up I finally tried that red tea with Ylang Ylang, got awesome raves bout it on you tube, and one of the ladies swore by this product, so i got it, and I LOVE how SOFFFTTT my hair feels, sure beats redkin All soft, but please try this Hugo, smells nice too, and truly does Make your hair SOFT!!! Thumbs%20UpHeart Plus it is 10O% Natural, SLS free, and No parabens, No alcohol in this product, Im sold on this Hugo.

Posted By: lanikkie
Date Posted: May 13 2008 at 3:34am
Where can I get Aubrey Organics? I see it online, but already being expensive I'd rather save s&h money.

Also Hugo? How much is that and where could I get it?

Posted By: GracieAnn
Date Posted: May 13 2008 at 4:01am
Creme of Nature (Green Label) doesn't have sulfates.  I'm not a fan of Carols Daughter's hair line. 

Date Posted: May 13 2008 at 12:02pm
well, hugo regular price for that nice big size 16 oz bottle was for $10.00 each, but vitamin shoppe tends to have special sales, I got mines for $5.00 each, so I got that red tea ylang ylang shampoo, conditioner and the ylang ylang body wash all in hugo, and they are good, if you want softer hair, get it...Thumbs%20Up

Posted By: Jess
Date Posted: May 17 2008 at 11:45am
creme of nature
at my BSS they still have the old one so i stocked up

Date Posted: May 17 2008 at 2:43pm
I dont see that CON Green and white bottle with yellow cap anymore, does anyone know what is happening with this one? I cant find it anywhere at No beauty supply stores, and None at walmarts.Unhappy

Posted By: brenda
Date Posted: May 18 2008 at 3:31pm
You can buy aubrey organics at any natural food store.  I live in Hawaii and I get mine from either the vitamin shoppe or Down to Earth stores

Posted By: diamonddiva
Date Posted: Jun 24 2008 at 2:50pm
Pure Glycerine Soap

Posted By: Mervqueen
Date Posted: Jul 04 2008 at 8:35pm
The best natural shampoo I have tried is by this website http://www.fabulousblackwoman.com/NewHairStore.html" rel="no follow - http://www.fabulousblackwoman.com/NewHairStore.html . No Sulfates and leaves your hair feeling great.

Posted By: Sunshine101
Date Posted: Jul 30 2008 at 3:36pm

Elasta QP Cream Conditioning Shampoo. It was only 3 bucks and left my hair feeling really moisturized!!

Posted By: thegirlof1983
Date Posted: Aug 11 2008 at 8:44pm

well since you asked...

healthy sexy hair pumpkin or my fav chocolate

jason's biotin

phytospecific

Posted By: Sunshyn3
Date Posted: Aug 13 2008 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Sunshine101 Sunshine101 wrote:

Elasta QP Cream Conditioning Shampoo. It was only 3 bucks and left my hair feeling really moisturized!!

Yeah this shampoo is lovely!  & dirt cheapLOL

Posted By: MissNatural
Date Posted: Aug 13 2008 at 11:54pm
creme of nature  I THINK..

Posted By: 1love25
Date Posted: Aug 16 2008 at 2:16am
you can get pureology hydrating shampoo and conditioner.  They are pretty expensive, BUT they are extra concentrated so will last you a very long time. I bought a litre of shampoo and conditioner and it lasted me 1 year and a half.  they are about 50 dollars per liter.

Posted By: daisymae
Date Posted: Aug 17 2008 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by ASHLEYG LUVz MU ASHLEYG LUVz MU wrote:

Thanks for the advise ladies! but i walked to walgreens and i picked up JASON"s 84% aloe vera shampoo ans conditioner and its amaaaaazing! at first I was like omg this tangled my hair really bad! but i comd it out and used some apogee pro-vitamin leave in conditioner and i can not beleive my hair! its so shiney and soft omg and new new growth feels so different! the curl pattern is  still there but its really silky and wow! im so happy with this product and also its sulfate free and basically all natural [IMG]http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/smileys/smiley20.gif" height="17" width="23" align="absmiddle" alt="Thumbs%20Up" />

Jason Aloe 84 shampoo and conditioner is a staple of mine. Also Cream Of Nature for normal hair doesn't have sulfates. Elastra QP creme shampoo doesn't have sulfate but I don't really like it.

Date Posted: Aug 17 2008 at 6:02pm
I was at the beauty supply store looking for a new shampoo to try. 95% of the shampoo's contain a sulfate. I know they are bad for your hair but I can't remember why. I ended up buying Mane and Tail new herbal essentials shampoo and conditioner. The shampoo contains sulfate but I got good results so go figure.

Date Posted: Aug 17 2008 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by Imperialis Imperialis wrote:

I dont see that CON Green and white bottle with yellow cap anymore, does anyone know what is happening with this one? I cant find it anywhere at No beauty supply stores, and None at walmarts.[IMG]http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/smileys/smiley6.gif" height="17" width="17" align="absmiddle" alt="Unhappy" />

I posted about this about a week ago. I to have been unable to find Cream of Natures shampoo. I found some trial bottles at CVS. But I went to Sally's yesterday and found a big profesional size bottle. The bottle looks different than the one you find in like a walmart or target, but its the same. I hope they aren't going to discontinue this product. People swear by this shampoo and I for one would protest

Posted By: MadamButterfly
Date Posted: Aug 20 2008 at 2:11pm
Giovanni Organics. All natural products and you can buy it from TAR-JAY! lol (Target) They conditioners are the bomb too.

Posted By: heartalmondeyes
Date Posted: Aug 20 2008 at 4:57pm

Chagrin Valley Soaps are all Natural and SLS free!

Posted By: Cinnamon618
Date Posted: Aug 24 2008 at 11:20pm
Thanks! I'm gonna have to try some of these

Posted By: bee-ma1
Date Posted: Aug 29 2008 at 1:34am
Trader Joes Nourish works for me and is only about $3 

Posted By: gemofagirl
Date Posted: Sep 07 2008 at 1:08am
I saw a giant bottle of sulphate free shampoo at marshalls the other day it was in a red bottle I don't remember the name anybody know what the name might be they also had abba stuff and giovanni shampoo's and conditioners has anyone tried these products.

Posted By: VirgoStar88
Date Posted: Nov 18 2008 at 10:06pm
Jason's Natural Biotin..this is the first shampoo i bought when i was trying to find sulfate-free..

Posted By: lovely0706
Date Posted: Nov 20 2008 at 7:33pm
Aubrey Organics
Giovanni
Beauty without cruelty

Posted By: Amillion
Date Posted: Nov 22 2008 at 8:58am
I really really love my Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo.   I've been using it for years.

Posted By: proudmomof2
Date Posted: Nov 22 2008 at 9:01pm
I use Essentious. It is 100% all natural.  It is non-lathering.

Posted By: Sunshyn3
Date Posted: Dec 01 2008 at 7:13pm
Abba pure moisture

Date Posted: Dec 04 2008 at 2:35am
dang proud, that essentious looks good, but for $35.00 per bottle of 16oz's?? too much for me, but they Look good to try, wish she would reduce that prices, I rather use Taliah waajid, Mines ready to ship out and waiting for it.

Date Posted: Dec 06 2008 at 11:32pm
Another one i adore is Aubrey Honeysuckle rose poo and condishHeart, dang this stuff rocks for my hair It makes is sooo soft and so far manageable  i also use the Aubreys'  HR Conditioner as a light leave in for my hair,....dang, Im a  gonna try more poos and condish, i aint done yet!!!Clap

Posted By: AroundTheWayGir
Date Posted: Dec 07 2008 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by brenda brenda wrote:

You can buy aubrey organics at any natural food store.  I live in Hawaii and I get mine from either the vitamin shoppe or Down to Earth stores

I heard it was discontinued. So many people are missing it. Cry

Posted By: AroundTheWayGir
Date Posted: Dec 08 2008 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by AroundTheWayGir AroundTheWayGir wrote:

Originally posted by brenda brenda wrote:

I heard it was discontinued. So many people are missing it. Cry

Correction CON green/white. My bad. Embarrassed

Posted By: danniekay
Date Posted: Jan 27 2009 at 12:32pm

I like Burts bee shampoo and Eden Body works.

Posted By: SugarNSpice
Date Posted: Feb 11 2009 at 6:51pm
Chagrin valley shampoo bars (coconut and babassu MarshMallow) are great, another one I like is karens body beautiful her Juicy bar is great!!!!, Im waiting for my CIbu shampoo lines to get here!!!

Posted By: HairIam
Date Posted: Feb 13 2009 at 10:34am
I just started using Mastey Moisturizing Creme shampoo! That stuff is amazing!

Posted By: fjoseph25
Date Posted: Feb 19 2009 at 9:15am
I just purchased the Giovanni 50 50  organic  balanced  shampoo and conditioner which do not contain any sulfates i haven't used them yet but Ive heard alot of good things about it so i will see how it works for me

Posted By: Cream1970
Date Posted: Mar 08 2009 at 1:57pm
@ Sallys they have Coloresse rescue shampoo. Its geared for color treated hair but I doesnt hurt your hair in any way if its not colored,lol..Sulfate free for severely dry and damaged. They have a sale right now so if you buy it, you get another product free,so I got the Curl enhancing spray for free.

Posted By: voncile
Date Posted: Jul 16 2009 at 2:01am
I also use and love ABBA. 

Posted By: QuickSliver
Date Posted: Jul 16 2009 at 11:18pm
I don't really use shampoos alot...
But when I do, I use my sister's shampoo.
KNOTTY BOY Liquid Dread Shampoo. (No...using it will not give you dreads)
It makes my hair feel clean but not stripped...plus it smells like peppermint.
Before I was using that, I had JASON SEA KELP shampoo (also very gentle and good!)

Posted By: bbthamd
Date Posted: Jul 26 2009 at 2:46pm
elasta QP creme conditioning shampoo!!!!

hands down the best shampoo i've ever used. i never would have dared to wash my hair myself 4 weeks post (i usually relax every 6 weeks). i'm almost 9 weeks post now that i'm transitioning. and my hair feels better than if i'd washed it myself at 4 weeks post. as a result of using this shampoo i know my hair didn't like sulfates or too much alcohol.

Posted By: sashaa
Date Posted: Aug 08 2009 at 6:20pm
tj maxx, ross, marshalls all carry sulphate free shampoos 99% of the time 

Posted By: MissNatural
Date Posted: Aug 12 2009 at 12:19am
Naked Naturals smoothing shampoo.....does anyone use this?

Posted By: belladiva
Date Posted: Aug 18 2009 at 8:14pm
i like hair one, but it is a condtioner cleanser

Posted By: LilMissSunshine
Date Posted: Aug 19 2009 at 12:29am
The old Cream of Nature. I heard the new kind has sulfates, but I am hoarding an old bottle.

Posted By: LadyCC
Date Posted: Sep 10 2009 at 11:28am
Originally posted by SugarNSpice SugarNSpice wrote:

Chagrin valley shampoo bars (coconut and babassu MarshMallow) are great, another one I like is karens body beautiful her Juicy bar is great!!!!, Im waiting for my CIbu shampoo lines to get here!!!

I just found and watch some of those CIbu YouTube videos a few days ago.  Sounds like a pretty good line.

Posted By: ShEiSsOiNsAnE
Date Posted: Nov 13 2009 at 11:46am
i cant find elasta qp creme conditioning shampoo nowhwere where i live
burt bees is what im using now but i dont want to keep spending 8 dollars lol

Posted By: ida2
Date Posted: Nov 16 2009 at 8:07am
chagrin valley ayurvedic poo-bar, and herb garden yea baby

Posted By: KurlieBeautie
Date Posted: Nov 25 2009 at 9:00pm
Yeah. Sorry to bump an old ass thread but where do u find the Elasta QP shampoo?

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Nov 25 2009 at 10:06pm
I believe the Jane Carter Solution is lauryl-free.  But there is Elucence shampoo, Elasta QP shampoo, and Creme of Nature to name a few.

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Nov 25 2009 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by KurlieBeautie KurlieBeautie wrote:

Yeah. Sorry to bump an old ass thread but where do u find the Elasta QP shampoo?

You in Chicago?  Basically any beauty supply will have it, well they should.  Try Chatham's, I know the one on 95th has it for sure.  I think Cosmo will have it also but I haven't been there in so long.  It is in a black and white, with a splash of green as the container designer.

Posted By: ChicFrenchy
Date Posted: Nov 26 2009 at 12:36pm
Organix vanilla silk

Posted By: sheardiva
Date Posted: Dec 03 2009 at 9:46pm
oh my ! I cant believe i havent seen pureology on the list. this stuff is the truth I dare someone to buy the hyrdrating system and not like it! 

discoverb4a.com hasgood products also

Posted By: ShEiSsOiNsAnE
Date Posted: Dec 05 2009 at 11:53am
creme of nature has sulfate... sorry

Posted By: mzhoneythang
Date Posted: Dec 05 2009 at 5:34pm
yeah the new cream of nature is horrible, the leave in was good like...the first time but after that it was crap.

Date Posted: Dec 19 2009 at 4:14pm
i bought that cibu shampoo, condish line, I personally dont like it, made my hair bed head, and felt like straw, the one I truly Love is  http://www.brenditasbodyworks.com/product_phathead-super-shampoo.html" rel="no follow - BRENDITA'S PHAT HEAD SHAMPOO PRODUCTS TO BUY --check out this hair site, brendita's shampoos, condish, and all her spritz leave in's are fantastic, I only wish she would make some larger bottles like 16oz's, I love brendita her customer services are Excellent!!! let us know bout ya all using her stuff, I highly recommend them, I bought me a second large order and its all good!!

Posted By: Ese88
Date Posted: Dec 20 2009 at 8:55am
keracare now has sulfate free shampoos

Posted By: abercrombiebabe
Date Posted: Dec 27 2009 at 11:19am
Chi color protecting shampoo 

Posted By: Stealth9
Date Posted: Dec 28 2009 at 9:04pm
I am *itching* to try Organix Coconut milk shampoo (as well as the conditioner)! Right now I'm using NTM Cream Lather Shampoo and it's not bad, but if I can find a sulfate-free alternative, that'd be ideal.

Posted By: kittensother
Date Posted: Dec 29 2009 at 4:57pm
HUGO
or Avalon Organics
Youll fall in love the end
niether bottle is over 10.00

Posted By: kittensother
Date Posted: Dec 29 2009 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by HairIam HairIam wrote:

JASONS SEA KELP (and all of their other shampoos)

Mill's Creek shampoos
ABBA's Moisture Scensations

Jason has sulfate in it The only one that doesnt is the 84% shampoo. Read the labels more carefully.

Posted By: Prettychic
Date Posted: Dec 31 2009 at 9:16am
Here's two more:
CURLS Curliscious Cleansing Cream
CURLS Pure Curls Clarifying Shampoo

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Jan 03 2010 at 6:47pm
Not sure if anyone said this, but Keracare has a sulfate free shampoo in a brown bottle

Date Posted: Jan 03 2010 at 11:37pm
so this new keracare which is now sulfate free, does this mean it will work far better than the original one? cos i dont like the original keracare, made my hair super unmanageable.

Posted By: missmeka1979
Date Posted: Jan 05 2010 at 12:18pm
Keracare has a new sulfate free shampoo

But I have used and like Elasta Qp Creme Condtioning Shampoo and Wen

Posted By: khepri22
Date Posted: Jan 07 2010 at 11:26pm
I just bought L'Oreal Ever Pure Sulfate free w/ rosemary and mint.  Haven't used it yet.

Posted By: crownAndglory
Date Posted: Jan 14 2010 at 5:06pm
Organix Sulfate free (Shea Butter Brand) is amazing!! Before and after washing your hair you can feel the difference. My hair was soft and smooth  Clap

Date Posted: Jan 16 2010 at 12:41pm
Hmmm, For me I would say Phat head shampoo's, conditioner's and spray leave in's and chagrin valley shampoo bars. http://www.brenditasbodyworks.com/product_phathead-super-shampoo.html" rel="no follow - BRENDITA'S PHAT HEAD SHAMPOO PRODUCTS TO BUY  and chagrin valley: http://www.chagrinvalleysoapandcraft.com/" rel="no follow - Chagrin Valley All Natural Handmade Soap

Posted By: Sleek
Date Posted: Jan 16 2010 at 5:34pm
Im trying Christophe natural clarifying shampoo tomorrow Cvs carries this brand I'll let you know how it goes

Posted By: GrowGirl77
Date Posted: Jan 19 2010 at 8:55am
I love aubrey organics!!!

Posted By: acdawson
Date Posted: Jan 23 2010 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by missmeka1979 missmeka1979 wrote:

Keracare has a new sulfate free shampoo

But I have used and like Elasta Qp Creme Condtioning Shampoo and Wen
Missmeka1979 does Elasta Qp Creme Condtioning Shampoo give the same slip as the original Creme of Nature shampoos.

Posted By: 4BThickness
Date Posted: Feb 09 2010 at 10:21pm
Elasta QP it is

Posted By: shoefreakbaby
Date Posted: Feb 12 2010 at 12:51am
great info

Posted By: nella
Date Posted: Feb 23 2010 at 8:58am
Originally posted by bee-ma1 bee-ma1 wrote:

I bought the shampoo and conditioner yesterday. I look forward to trying it this weekend. I like the fact that it has a lot of natural ingredients and it's only 3 bucks.

Posted By: nella
Date Posted: Mar 02 2010 at 9:08am
I tried Trader Joe's shampoo and conditioner over the weekend and it's a keeper Thumbs%20Up. My hair was so soft afterwards. I thought the shampoo was going to give my hair a dry feeling like Jason's shampoo but it didn't. It even lathers unlike the Jason shampoo that I bought. The smell is wonderful. All this for only 3 bucks. I plan to stock up next time I go to Trader Joe's.

Posted By: Funkalicious
Date Posted: Mar 06 2010 at 8:05am
Karacare now makes a  SF  shampoo

Posted By: goldie_locks
Date Posted: Mar 07 2010 at 8:53pm
this is jus the post i was looking for because I need a sulfate free shampoo.

Posted By: adayray
Date Posted: Mar 25 2010 at 8:16pm
I use Organix Coconut milk shampoo...it seems to work well for me, and my hair feels clean after ward, but it is the first sulfate-free shampoo that I have tried (I've been using it since the summer) so I have nothing to compare it to! 

Posted By: Peachi
Date Posted: Mar 26 2010 at 10:31am

I currently have this Aubrey Organic Shampoo (desert somethingggg)..and it leaves my hair stripped and dry. Not sure why. My hair fine before hand but after the wash I literally run and grab some coconut/evoo/conditioner to slap on my hair to try to undo the damage.

I have about half a bottle left so trying to finish it. Maybe add some oil to it next time...not sure. I know it means well being sulfate free and all but it just doesn't agree with me.

Posted By: lifeintrees
Date Posted: Apr 09 2010 at 4:51pm
I've been using Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Shampoo & Conditioner which you can get at Target or Ulta. 

Date Posted: Apr 09 2010 at 11:30pm

I got this sulfate free shampoo and conditioner from a health food store being I was visiting some friends  In the big island of hawaii, in Pahoa town, this island naturals health food store and happened to see this Avalon organics Moisturizing shampoo fragrance free with Olive & Grape seed the label is orange, Well it does its job in moisturizing Love this avalon, I would  repurchase this.Thumbs%20Up

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Apr 11 2010 at 12:52pm
I use Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo...it's in a brown bottle

Posted By: TayTay
Date Posted: Apr 12 2010 at 1:35am
Originally posted by nella nella wrote:

Originally posted by bee-ma1 bee-ma1 wrote:

I bought the shampoo and conditioner yesterday. I look forward to trying it this weekend. I like the fact that it has a lot of natural ingredients and it's only 3 bucks.

oh i love trader joe's stuff! i'm gonna have to try that shampoo.

Posted By: prettigurl
Date Posted: Apr 12 2010 at 6:37pm
Walgreens has a bioinfusion line and the rosemary mint poo is wonderful! I've read a lot of good reviews about the bioinfusion olive oil poo as well

Posted By: Veronica29
Date Posted: Apr 18 2010 at 3:27pm
I'm looking for a sulfate free shampoo and I thinking about getting Keracare. I hear Aubrey Organic's HS conditioner is the bomb, but there shampoo, not so much.

Print Page | Close Window