Print Page | Close Window

Under 50 posts? Ask hair breakage questions here

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Hair Care
Forum Name: Hair Breakage
Forum Description: Hair Breakage issues, solutions, and discussions
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=118089
Printed Date: Oct 18 2018 at 11:48am


Topic: Under 50 posts? Ask hair breakage questions here
Posted By: Esha
Subject: Under 50 posts? Ask hair breakage questions here
Date Posted: Feb 19 2008 at 1:54pm
I think I'm one of the few people on this board who come on here just to help others out with hair questions rather than ask them..
 
And since a lot of you come on here for questions pertaining to your personalhair situation but cant post threads because you have under 50 posts then me and other members will be glad to answer any questions you have here..
 
regarding hair breakage...maintance, products etc that will help stop breakage
 
Ask away, I'll be more than glad to help.Tongue



Replies:
Posted By: liasparks1107
Date Posted: Feb 19 2008 at 2:39pm

THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH....I have been trying to ask questions in other post, but nobody seems to read mine....lol...but I wanted to know if you have used the pantene for women of color products....that's what i use, but i dont know if it's good for my hair....I go to college small town and dont have the resources to get the products that everyone is talking about until the semester is over....soooo i just really wanted to know if the pantene stuff is bad for my hair?....and any other suggestions that you may have for a newbie



Posted By: liasparks1107
Date Posted: Feb 19 2008 at 2:40pm

oh and if you want to see my hair as it is, here is the link to my Fotki   http://members.fotki.com/liasparks/about/" rel="no follow - http://members.fotki.com/liasparks/about/



Posted By: EnVyLoNgHaiR
Date Posted: Feb 19 2008 at 5:48pm
pretty hair


Posted By: Esha
Date Posted: Feb 20 2008 at 9:29am
Originally posted by liasparks1107 liasparks1107 wrote:

THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH....I have been trying to ask questions in other post, but nobody seems to read mine....lol...but I wanted to know if you have used the pantene for women of color products....that's what i use, but i dont know if it's good for my hair....I go to college small town and dont have the resources to get the products that everyone is talking about until the semester is over....soooo i just really wanted to know if the pantene stuff is bad for my hair?....and any other suggestions that you may have for a newbie

Well Pantene for women products have mineral oil and petroleum as some of the first ingredients so that's an automatic no no!


Posted By: LuvMyHair201
Date Posted: Feb 20 2008 at 7:03pm
LISAPARKS1107   If your hair is responding well to it and your not having problems then continue... thats what I think
 
ESHA you should start one of these in the Growth section


Posted By: virgo_babe84
Date Posted: Feb 20 2008 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by Esha Esha wrote:

I think I'm one of the few people on this board who come on here just to help others out with hair questions rather than ask them..
 
And since a lot of you come on here for questions pertaining to your personalhair situation but cant post threads because you have under 50 posts then me and other members will be glad to answer any questions you have here..
 
regarding hair breakage...maintance, products etc that will help stop breakage
 
Ask away, I'll be more than glad to help.Tongue
 
 
Esha I appreciate this so much! I have been caring for my hair since late august and since then it has been doing fairly well however I still experience some breakage. I deep condition every 5-7 days with Kera Care hydrating shampoo and Humecto cream conditioner (which my hair loves!) but I still see a bit of breakage even though I moisterize like crazy. I do use the 2 min reconstructor by Aphogee  but not too often because my hair cannot take too much protein otherwise it gets worse (I had to learn this the hard way). My question is, is it normal to see "some" breakage? I have extremely thick hair (4b) and it's almost impossible for me to have zero breakage! My hair has grown thouugh. I was chin length when I started but now I'm collar bone length grazing shoulder length. Please help!Embarrassed 


Posted By: LuvMyHair201
Date Posted: Feb 21 2008 at 9:43am
Virgo babe84- What's your regimen? and products? It might be howw you manipulate your hair.
I still experience breakage but it's nothing I'm too worried about because it's about maybe 3 or 4 strands every few days because I DON'T have a low manipulation regimen. So I know those 3 or 4 strands are coming from when I comb or brush my hair or even play with it.


Posted By: liasparks1107
Date Posted: Feb 21 2008 at 11:57am
thank about the info on pantene...but what ingredients am i supposed to be looking for?


Posted By: CloudNyne
Date Posted: Feb 21 2008 at 10:46pm
My freshman year of college, I lived on a campus with little to no black people and limited resources. To save my hair, I wore braids and cornrows. I'd suggest the same to you so that you can save your hair from breaking even more. The longer you go without a touch-up, the more breakage you may see because of the different textures of your hair.


Posted By: liasparks1107
Date Posted: Feb 22 2008 at 12:53pm

thanks....I think I will just cornrow it and keep it under wraps..cus I cant braid to save my life...lol...and I will just start to deep condition and co wash......i'll buy some new shampoo and conditioner when i go to walmart maybe suave....which i though was bad for your hair but it's not so i will start to use that.....thank you all for your help...



Posted By: havilland
Date Posted: Feb 23 2008 at 5:50am
Originally posted by CloudNyne CloudNyne wrote:

My freshman year of college, I lived on a campus with little to no black people and limited resources. To save my hair, I wore braids and cornrows. I'd suggest the same to you so that you can save your hair from breaking even more. The longer you go without a touch-up, the more breakage you may see because of the different textures of your hair.
 
thats a great idea!


Posted By: Kate29083
Date Posted: Feb 23 2008 at 12:17pm
Question
I got my hair relaxed in Oct. 2006, then in late March 2007 I bleached it ( ihad to dye it three times in a course of three days because it got botched up). The thing is, in July of 2007 or so my hair started breaking off drastically. It was horrible :( Anyway, now my hair is all curly again but still feels like it's breaking. Is it just my imagination?


Posted By: zoomgirl
Date Posted: Feb 24 2008 at 6:03pm
Hi all,
 
Question- I just recently braided my hair right before I found this site. How can you tell what products are working for your hair in a braided state? Do I have to just wait until I take the braids out to see what my hair looks like?


Posted By: discreet.
Date Posted: Feb 24 2008 at 10:53pm
I guess you can say i'm very much considering going back natural but all of this BC talk and hair breakage talk while transitioning sometimes scares me.
 
can someone please elaborate on that, although it's very vague... lmao. But I would like to know is there a way to almost avoid that, besides doing things like braiding or weaving?


Posted By: lollybabe
Date Posted: Feb 25 2008 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Kate29083 Kate29083 wrote:

Question
I got my hair relaxed in Oct. 2006, then in late March 2007 I bleached it ( ihad to dye it three times in a course of three days because it got botched up). The thing is, in July of 2007 or so my hair started breaking off drastically. It was horrible :( Anyway, now my hair is all curly again but still feels like it's breaking. Is it just my imagination?
 
hi kate,
From you explanation it seems like you still have some relaxed hair and new growth, if that is the case you are most likely breaking at the demarcation line (where newgrowth and relaxed hair meet). try and up your protein treatment or try a stronger protein treatment.


Posted By: lollybabe
Date Posted: Feb 25 2008 at 10:51am
Originally posted by discreet. discreet. wrote:

I guess you can say i'm very much considering going back natural but all of this BC talk and hair breakage talk while transitioning sometimes scares me.
 
can someone please elaborate on that, although it's very vague... lmao. But I would like to know is there a way to almost avoid that, besides doing things like braiding or weaving?
 
Hi,
if you want to transition, i will say make sure you have a solid regimen that works for you. Once you do this then you adjust you regimen as below.
 
1) low manipulation- this is extremely important while transitioning
 
2) increase frequency and/ or strength of protein treatment- you need th stengthen you dermacation line.
 
3)protective styling - although you will eventually cut your ends you do not want jacked up ends while transitioning.
 
I am currently transitioning with 6 months of NG and experiencing no breakage issues at all. Infact am retaining more lengths than i did while relax (i have very fine strands and extremely thick hair). I am transitioning for at least 2 yrs. If you need any help or info PM me.
HTH


Posted By: kapple30
Date Posted: Feb 25 2008 at 2:55pm

My question refers to the hairline (mainly the front).  I have noticed over the past few months maybe longer my edges are getting bald.  I have tried to moisturize and use castor oil & growth aids but nothing seems to help.  Does anyone know of a specific product or regimen they have tried and really works also if you have pictures of the before and after please post.  Thanks for your help!!



Posted By: zoomgirl
Date Posted: Feb 25 2008 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by zoomgirl zoomgirl wrote:

Hi all,
 
Question- I just recently braided my hair right before I found this site. How can you tell what products are working for your hair in a braided state? Do I have to just wait until I take the braids out to see what my hair looks like?
 
Er....anyone?


Posted By: LuvMyHair201
Date Posted: Feb 26 2008 at 10:06am
zoomgirl - Maybe you'll have to wait until you take the braids to see if it's working.
 
kapple 30- What's your regimen like? Are you doing low manipulation? Tight hairstyles such as, ponytails, some headbands, too tight cornrows can cause this.


Posted By: menzieto
Date Posted: Mar 13 2008 at 9:04am
I have a question about glycerin.  I bought some and not sure how to use it.  I've been mixing it with existing products.  But I've been reading that you should mix it with water.  If I mix it with water, will it make my press-n-curl nappy??


Posted By: cinnamon704
Date Posted: Mar 13 2008 at 10:39am
Menzieto,
 
I just bought some glycerin for the first time on TuesdaySmile.  The glycerin/water mixture makes your hair very soft.  I suggest a ratio of 70% water to 30% glycerin in a spray bottle. I sprayed the mixture directly on my new growth (I'm currently 7 weeks post relaxer) and it has definitely caused it to become softer, more manageable. This product will be a feature in my stretching efforts.  Hope this helpThumbs%20Up


Posted By: Curly B
Date Posted: Mar 13 2008 at 11:15am
Originally posted by menzieto menzieto wrote:

I have a question about glycerin.  I bought some and not sure how to use it.  I've been mixing it with existing products.  But I've been reading that you should mix it with water.  If I mix it with water, will it make my press-n-curl nappy??
 
 
 
 
If your hair reverts back to curly when it gets near water, dont' use the water/glycerin mixture.
 
This mixture can be used with a bit of conditioner or leave in, but only if you're leaving it curly, damp looking, or in a style that is other than dried.
 
HTHWink 


Posted By: Lazygirl
Date Posted: Mar 13 2008 at 4:08pm
Heeey,  i must say "thank you". This is such a great idea.
I need help, i read so much and learned so much in this forum. But the problem is i live in africe, better speaking mozambique, and i can't seem to find any good products, i can only find stuff with lots of mineral oil, petrolatum.
So i want to make my own stuff.
I saw suave at a store, but it was so expensive here. But oddly  garnier is  very cheap here.  But my hair doesnt like it.
I am experiencing breakage at the moment, so i wanted to know if u would tell me stuff to use in my hair to stop THE BREAKEGE. i am transitioning.
I heard that i can use mayo in my hair to make it stronger, also heard that i can use coconut oil or milk(dont remenber) to make my hair stronger too. Is it true? what are other things i can use? i now have braid extensions, can i use that natural hairspray stuff made by boiling lemon or orange? Please help with natural productsUnhappy pleaseUnhappy


Posted By: Lazygirl
Date Posted: Mar 13 2008 at 4:09pm
i meant i live in "africa"


Posted By: beauty1216
Date Posted: Mar 13 2008 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by Lazygirl Lazygirl wrote:

Heeey,  i must say "thank you". This is such a great idea.
I need help, i read so much and learned so much in this forum. But the problem is i live in africe, better speaking mozambique, and i can't seem to find any good products, i can only find stuff with lots of mineral oil, petrolatum.
So i want to make my own stuff.
I saw suave at a store, but it was so expensive here. But oddly  garnier is  very cheap here.  But my hair doesnt like it.
I am experiencing breakage at the moment, so i wanted to know if u would tell me stuff to use in my hair to stop THE BREAKEGE. i am transitioning.
I heard that i can use mayo in my hair to make it stronger, also heard that i can use coconut oil or milk(dont remenber) to make my hair stronger too. Is it true? what are other things i can use? i now have braid extensions, can i use that natural hairspray stuff made by boiling lemon or orange? Please help with natural productsUnhappy pleaseUnhappy
 
Thats very strange that Garnier is more exspensive than Suave. Can't seem to figure that one out! Coconut oil is very good for dryness. Coconut milk is a good conditioner. Low manipulation is the best for your hair right now. Keep a protective style in for now. You need to moisturize it daily. I use Extra virgin olive oil, water and glycerin to my daily regimen and my hair has been much softer and stronger. I put it all in a spray bottle. I spray my hair twice a day with it. Melted Shea butter is also good. Aloe vera is a good moisturizer, you want  to seal with oil afterwards. What else.....ooh, there's avacado oil too. As a deep conditioner (with strengthning properties) I use EV olive oil, honey, melted shea butter and an egg. I baggy it for about an hour then rinse with cool water-so the egg does not cook in the hair! Moisture, moisture, moisture is key. None of the mineral oil mess.


Posted By: jwoods
Date Posted: Mar 14 2008 at 7:45am
On December 31 I got a perm at the shop. Soon after my hair was coming out by the handfuls. It resulted in a bald spot in the back. She used Aphogee and said it should stop the shedding and breaking but it hasn't. I go to someone new now and she said my hair is overprocessed and is still shedding. What should I do?


Posted By: menzieto
Date Posted: Mar 14 2008 at 8:08am
Do you use the glycerin when your hair is damp or dry?


Posted By: Lazygirl
Date Posted: Mar 14 2008 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by jwoods jwoods wrote:

On December 31 I got a perm at the shop. Soon after my hair was coming out by the handfuls. It resulted in a bald spot in the back. She used Aphogee and said it should stop the shedding and breaking but it hasn't. I go to someone new now and she said my hair is overprocessed and is still shedding. What should I do?


jwoods i think ur hair is definitely over processed, doesnt it feel weak? U should find something else to use on your hair. My cousin lives in NYC and she uses ORS hair mayo on her hair. Try that, it worked on her over processed hair.

Originally posted by beauty1216 beauty1216 wrote:

Thats very strange that Garnier is more exspensive than Suave. Can't seem to figure that one out! Coconut oil is very good for dryness. Coconut milk is a good conditioner. Low manipulation is the best for your hair right now. Keep a protective style in for now. You need to moisturize it daily. I use Extra virgin olive oil, water and glycerin to my daily regimen and my hair has been much softer and stronger. I put it all in a spray bottle. I spray my hair twice a day with it. Melted Shea butter is also good. Aloe vera is a good moisturizer, you want  to seal with oil afterwards. What else.....ooh, there's avacado oil too. As a deep conditioner (with strengthning properties) I use EV olive oil, honey, melted shea butter and an egg. I baggy it for about an hour then rinse with cool water-so the egg does not cook in the hair! Moisture, moisture, moisture is key. None of the mineral oil mess.


Beauty1216 thank you so much for answering, thank you so much Thumbs%20Up, thank so so so so so so much.
i am going to try the EVOO, water and glycerin mixture. i'm going to wash my hair now(scalp's very itchy-flakes).


Posted By: LeeLeesgirl
Date Posted: Mar 14 2008 at 8:38pm
Hi, I'm new here lol.
I was wearing individual braids for about 11 weeks. I got my hair telaxed a couple of days before I got my hair braided. While in the braids, I kept my scalp and my ng moisturized and I alternated (s-curl and NTM leave in) between moisturizing and protein conditioners. When I took my braids out yesterday, hair came out--which was no surprise because thats what happens with braids.  But when I washed it with CON ultra moisturizing shampoo I noticed that the roots and sides of my hair were moist and wet, but the ends were dry and thick even though they should have been wet. Weird thing is when I pull on the ends of my hair, my hair doesn't break off. but my hair lookks weird because the first 4 inches or so are moist and soft, but the hair ends are curly and thick and dry.  I'm not getting much breakage, but does this mean I need more moisture for the ends?
I was also wondering whaT I should do for my hair. I'm not getting my hair braided for another week half, and I don't know what to do in the meantime. Last night after I washed I then deep conditioned with ORS mayo, rinsed thar out and deep conditioned with Nuetrogena deep  recovery mask, my leave ins were Infusium 23, and NTM and I applied profectiv antibreakage on my hair as well, and applied a little WG oil! I then did a braid out, but it was hard because even when wet ,my hair was coarse and thick, so the braid ut turned out to look like a curly fro. Do I need to straighten my hair/flat iron or just keep it in a fro? It seems like my telaxed hair has reverted to it's natural state, and so I don't really feel a difference in textures when it comes to ng and my previously telaxed hair.


Posted By: mycurlylocks
Date Posted: Mar 18 2008 at 2:37pm

CurlyB thank you for the information.  I have 3b3c hair and I am going to take your advice



Posted By: Lazygirl
Date Posted: Mar 19 2008 at 3:02pm
bump


Posted By: Lara162
Date Posted: Mar 20 2008 at 9:38pm
all of a sudden my hair has started to break like it did before i started taking care of it. I DC at least once a week (Humectress or ORS Replenishing Pak) and haven't used direct heat in over a month.  I moisturize every day with NTM and seal with EVOO (sometimes twice a day).  I thought it might be a protein deficiency but every protein product i've used just causes more breakage (Elasta QP Mango Butter, Profectiv Mega Growth, Motions Nourish Leave-In, Eggs w/ olive oil).  I really don't know what to do...

Looking for the experienced experts to help...please :-(


Posted By: DominicanBarbie
Date Posted: Mar 21 2008 at 7:37pm
I'm planning on getting braids to grow my hair. But the problem is how do I stop it from pulling out my hair line and How do I make my hair line thicker. I heard of Castor Oil but Im not sure where to get that. If someone could help me that would be great. 


Posted By: simplired
Date Posted: Mar 21 2008 at 9:33pm
I hear ya!...I guess thats why I go to hair boutique,they dont have the limitation on creating a post.  All races go to that site,. Pretty cool.




Posted By: beauty1216
Date Posted: Mar 22 2008 at 1:29am
Originally posted by Lara162 Lara162 wrote:

all of a sudden my hair has started to break like it did before i started taking care of it. I DC at least once a week (Humectress or ORS Replenishing Pak) and haven't used direct heat in over a month.  I moisturize every day with NTM and seal with EVOO (sometimes twice a day).  I thought it might be a protein deficiency but every protein product i've used just causes more breakage (Elasta QP Mango Butter, Profectiv Mega Growth, Motions Nourish Leave-In, Eggs w/ olive oil).  I really don't know what to do...

Looking for the experienced experts to help...please :-(
 
I would reccommend a low manipulation hair style for now. Invest in a "phony pony", braids, rollersets & ect. Do you relax your hair? If you do, you are more prone to breakage. Protein treatments are always beneficial to permmies. Wrap your hair every night with a silkscarf and invest in silk pillowcases if you can. Continue to moisturize your hair daily. Try adding glycerin to your regimen. Also you mentioned when you use protein your hair breaks more. Are you moisturizing afterwards? That may have a lot to do with it. Try using extra moisturinzing conditioner after a protein treatment.
 
A good home-made strengthner is molasses. Some people mix it with honey, olive oil & coconut oil then baggy for an hour. It really does work wonders. Stop panicking! Stress can make you loose hair. Take a deep breath. Smile In time you will find a treatment that is right for you. Good Luck.


Posted By: beauty1216
Date Posted: Mar 22 2008 at 1:32am
Lazygirl, how is your hair comming along?


Posted By: Lara162
Date Posted: Mar 22 2008 at 9:02am
thanks beauty...i started mixing Elasta Qp mango butter with NTM and it stopped the breakage :-)  Like you said, I need to use a moisturizing agent with a protein.  Smile

i love bhm.


Posted By: Smoothedges
Date Posted: Mar 22 2008 at 4:54pm
for hair breakage check out Smooth Edges and Diamond Oil @
http://www.yourultimatebeauty.com" rel="no follow - www.yourultimatebeauty.com .
 
You will be glad you did.
 
LOL


Posted By: Smoothedges
Date Posted: Mar 22 2008 at 4:57pm
Hicks total transformation Diamon oil and Smooth edges, stop breakage.
 
See products @ http://www.yourultimatebeauty.com" rel="no follow - www.yourultimatebeauty.com .
 
Great for kids too.


Posted By: Smoothedges
Date Posted: Mar 22 2008 at 5:08pm
Smoothe Edges and Diamond oil from Hicks Total Transformations Products stop breakage. check them out @ www.yourultimatebeauty.com.LOL


Posted By: MsMiamiLady
Date Posted: Mar 22 2008 at 8:39pm
what products(other than castor oil) that can help thicken up hair strands?


Posted By: naijachick09
Date Posted: Mar 22 2008 at 9:11pm
If like strands like maybe 8 a day come out your head is that normal?


Posted By: MsMiamiLady
Date Posted: Mar 22 2008 at 9:14pm
Bump!


Posted By: Phillygurl
Date Posted: Mar 22 2008 at 9:39pm

I have been doing my hair care regimen for over a week now and i have noticed a noticable change in my hairs health. But I still have one major problem: my ends. My ends are so crunchy and dry and very nappy almost as if they have never seen a relaxer.

I trimmed my ends that had alot of damage hoping this would improve my ends. This didnt help. I've also tried baggying them. This has made them a little easier to comb through.
 
It seem like alot of you ladies have very silky hair with nice eds and and your hair seems to be freely moving, no matter the length. I was wondering how to get my hair like that. My hair is relaxed but it doesn't look like it is at the ends. When i let it dry after washing or co-washing i just let it air dry like that. Could this be the problem?
 
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!


Posted By: flyyangel1
Date Posted: Mar 22 2008 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by beauty1216 beauty1216 wrote:

Originally posted by Lazygirl Lazygirl wrote:

Heeey,  i must say "thank you". This is such a great idea.
I need help, i read so much and learned so much in this forum. But the problem is i live in africe, better speaking mozambique, and i can't seem to find any good products, i can only find stuff with lots of mineral oil, petrolatum.
So i want to make my own stuff.
I saw suave at a store, but it was so expensive here. But oddly  garnier is  very cheap here.  But my hair doesnt like it.
I am experiencing breakage at the moment, so i wanted to know if u would tell me stuff to use in my hair to stop THE BREAKEGE. i am transitioning.
I heard that i can use mayo in my hair to make it stronger, also heard that i can use coconut oil or milk(dont remenber) to make my hair stronger too. Is it true? what are other things i can use? i now have braid extensions, can i use that natural hairspray stuff made by boiling lemon or orange? Please help with natural productsUnhappy pleaseUnhappy
 
Thats very strange that Garnier is more exspensive than Suave. Can't seem to figure that one out! Coconut oil is very good for dryness. Coconut milk is a good conditioner. Low manipulation is the best for your hair right now. Keep a protective style in for now. You need to moisturize it daily. I use Extra virgin olive oil, water and glycerin to my daily regimen and my hair has been much softer and stronger. I put it all in a spray bottle. I spray my hair twice a day with it. Melted Shea butter is also good. Aloe vera is a good moisturizer, you want  to seal with oil afterwards. What else.....ooh, there's avacado oil too. As a deep conditioner (with strengthning properties) I use EV olive oil, honey, melted shea butter and an egg. I baggy it for about an hour then rinse with cool water-so the egg does not cook in the hair! Moisture, moisture, moisture is key. None of the mineral oil mess.


I think that Garnier is a french company and Suave is manufactured in the US. US imports are ridiculously expensive in most places.



Posted By: VanessaMelly
Date Posted: Mar 23 2008 at 10:32am
HI GUYS I AM NEW HERE AND FOR SOME REASON I CANNOT POST A NEW TOPIC, I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE, ANYWAY I FOUND THE MIRACLE PRODUCT FOR MY HAIR THAT WAS BREAKING OFF EXCESSIVELY I THOUGHT I WOULD HAVE TO CUT IT OFF...
 
ANYWAY GO TO SALLYS AND GET THIS ITS CALLED EXCELSIOR ANTI BREAKAGE STRENGTHENING  CREAM, ITS ABOUT $5 OR SO,  ITS COMES IN A 4OZ BOTTLE, ICANT BELIVE SUCH A GREAT PRODUCT COUDL BE SO CHEAP... MY HAIR FEELS SO STRONG ITS UNREAL AFTER IT WAS SO WEAK FROM ALL THE ABUSE FROM REMOVING BLACK HAIR COLOR.
 
ANYWAY I AM OFF TO BUY 5 MORE BOTTLES! I HAVE BEEN USING IT DAILY FOR ABOUT 4 DAYS AND THE RESULTS ARE SUPER...I ALSO SPARY THE APHOGEE GREEN TEA RESTRUCTURIZER,  BUT THAT CREAM IS THE BEST!


Posted By: beauty1216
Date Posted: Mar 23 2008 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by VanessaMelly VanessaMelly wrote:

HI GUYS I AM NEW HERE AND FOR SOME REASON I CANNOT POST A NEW TOPIC, -----You have to have made 50 posts before you can post a new topic. I just had the same problem a few weeks ago!
 
I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE, ANYWAY I FOUND THE MIRACLE PRODUCT FOR MY HAIR THAT WAS BREAKING OFF EXCESSIVELY I THOUGHT I WOULD HAVE TO CUT IT OFF...
 
ANYWAY GO TO SALLYS AND GET THIS ITS CALLED EXCELSIOR ANTI BREAKAGE STRENGTHENING  CREAM, ITS ABOUT $5 OR SO,  ITS COMES IN A 4OZ BOTTLE, ICANT BELIVE SUCH A GREAT PRODUCT COUDL BE SO CHEAP... MY HAIR FEELS SO STRONG ITS UNREAL AFTER IT WAS SO WEAK FROM ALL THE ABUSE FROM REMOVING BLACK HAIR COLOR.
 
ANYWAY I AM OFF TO BUY 5 MORE BOTTLES! I HAVE BEEN USING IT DAILY FOR ABOUT 4 DAYS AND THE RESULTS ARE SUPER...I ALSO SPARY THE APHOGEE GREEN TEA RESTRUCTURIZER,  BUT THAT CREAM IS THE BEST!
I am glad you found a product that works for you and you are willing to share what it is with us! HHG!Wink


Posted By: LadiiT
Date Posted: Mar 24 2008 at 3:45pm
Hey everyone! Im new here and having hair problemsCry.
My hair is falling out!  I guess the question I have is what are the first few steps I can take in repairing this problem... please help!!!


Posted By: Lazygirl
Date Posted: Mar 24 2008 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by beauty1216 beauty1216 wrote:

Lazygirl, how is your hair comming along?


Hey beauty1216, thanks for asking.
i doing kind of good, i am waiting to see how my hair reacts to all of the changes i done in my regimen.
I now cowash 2 times a week, use the glycerine, coconut oil and some conditioner and water mix daily, shampoo every two weeks. After i take out braids i'll do a protein treatment because of my breakage issue.
Long story short: i am just waiting to see something happen to my hair, but i think it has more moisture now. i'll see when i tak down the braid extensions.
Thanks everybody in this forum!!!  You are all very niceClap


Posted By: beauty1216
Date Posted: Mar 25 2008 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by LadiiT LadiiT wrote:

Hey everyone! Im new here and having hair problemsCry.
My hair is falling out!  I guess the question I have is what are the first few steps I can take in repairing this problem... please help!!!
 
The first step would be figuring out why you are loosing hair. What is your current regimen? Is your hair breaking off or are there white tips at the beginning of the hair strand? Do You moisturize daily? Is your hair relaxed? Are you stressed? We really need more information about your current hair and regimen before we can give you suggestions. Wink My guess in the meantime would be to make sure your hair has plenty of moisture and rid yourself of dead ends if you have them-especially if your hair is relaxed.


Posted By: renessa87
Date Posted: Mar 25 2008 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by lollybabe lollybabe wrote:

Originally posted by discreet. discreet. wrote:

I guess you can say i'm very much considering going back natural but all of this BC talk and hair breakage talk while transitioning sometimes scares me.
 
can someone please elaborate on that, although it's very vague... lmao. But I would like to know is there a way to almost avoid that, besides doing things like braiding or weaving?
 
Hi,
if you want to transition, i will say make sure you have a solid regimen that works for you. Once you do this then you adjust you regimen as below.
 
1) low manipulation- this is extremely important while transitioning
 
2) increase frequency and/ or strength of protein treatment- you need th stengthen you dermacation line.
 
3)protective styling - although you will eventually cut your ends you do not want jacked up ends while transitioning.
 
I am currently transitioning with 6 months of NG and experiencing no breakage issues at all. Infact am retaining more lengths than i did while relax (i have very fine strands and extremely thick hair). I am transitioning for at least 2 yrs. If you need any help or info PM me.
HTH


Thank you very much for that information! At one point in time, my hair would be breaking off and shedding something terrible, (way past the 50 or so strands you should shed with regular grooming) and I used the Redken intensive protein treatment... it comes in little tubes. It was pretty decent, but didn't stop my breaking all the way. Aphogee (sp?) I believe is used in my hair when I go to the salon, which was my last resort, but it really works though. I would love a successful transition and plan on putting your advice to work! Thank you!


Posted By: renessa87
Date Posted: Mar 25 2008 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by VanessaMelly VanessaMelly wrote:

HI GUYS I AM NEW HERE AND FOR SOME REASON I CANNOT POST A NEW TOPIC, I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE, ANYWAY I FOUND THE MIRACLE PRODUCT FOR MY HAIR THAT WAS BREAKING OFF EXCESSIVELY I THOUGHT I WOULD HAVE TO CUT IT OFF...
 
ANYWAY GO TO SALLYS AND GET THIS ITS CALLED EXCELSIOR ANTI BREAKAGE STRENGTHENING  CREAM, ITS ABOUT $5 OR SO,  ITS COMES IN A 4OZ BOTTLE, ICANT BELIVE SUCH A GREAT PRODUCT COUDL BE SO CHEAP... MY HAIR FEELS SO STRONG ITS UNREAL AFTER IT WAS SO WEAK FROM ALL THE ABUSE FROM REMOVING BLACK HAIR COLOR.
 
ANYWAY I AM OFF TO BUY 5 MORE BOTTLES! I HAVE BEEN USING IT DAILY FOR ABOUT 4 DAYS AND THE RESULTS ARE SUPER...I ALSO SPARY THE APHOGEE GREEN TEA RESTRUCTURIZER,  BUT THAT CREAM IS THE BEST!


Thank you for sharing your success story! Next time I go to Sally's I'm going to look for this product!


Posted By: Jess
Date Posted: Mar 25 2008 at 7:16pm
I have a lot of breakage and split ends.
After I cut the ends what should I do?
Also what product do u think are good for breakage?
I have NL hair what kind of protective styles should I use?
W/O weaves, extensions, hair pieces
Just with my own hair
Please and ty


Posted By: short*n*sassie
Date Posted: Mar 26 2008 at 12:48am
I keep my hair moisturized and I rarely wear ponytails. I have wrapped my hair every night for years. I have been noticing that my hair is thinner and shorter on one side of the wrap and at the top Shocked. Could this be breakage from wrapping my hair? Does wrapping cause damage? What other ways can I do my hair at night?


Posted By: jazzired
Date Posted: Mar 26 2008 at 11:19am
I have been wearing weave since I can't rememeber.  It seems that whatever hair I leave out is always broken off at some point and time.  It does not matter whether its the nape of my neck or the front of my head.  My nape is what really concerns me because it has no chemicals on it.  I always condition it and moistourize it.  I ALWAYS wrap my hair at night with a silk scarf.  Is there anything that I might be overlooking?


Posted By: Lazygirl
Date Posted: Mar 26 2008 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by Jessie93 Jessie93 wrote:

I have a lot of breakage and split ends.
After I cut the ends what should I do?
Also what product do u think are good for breakage?
I have NL hair what kind of protective styles should I use?
W/O weaves, extensions, hair pieces
Just with my own hair
Please and ty

Hey jessie93, u should wear a style that u think is easy 4 u to take care of(i think). try rollersets,  straw sets. tell me what u decided to wear, cuz i also have NL hair, and i want to wear my hair only. I'm in braid extensions now.


Posted By: i_am_sade
Date Posted: Mar 27 2008 at 3:03pm
hello, im a newbie and im having  hair breakage issues! my breakage is mid length, usually about 3 or 4 inch long strands in my comb or in my hands when i finger comb. i moisturize and seal every morning and night. i roll my hair up in anti-breakage rollers when i sleep. i've tried baggying, but that made it worse. i did the aphogee damaged hair protien treatment and that did nothing. im confused and frusterated. i feel like cutting all my hair off and starting over fresh!  please help me! Cry


Posted By: Lazygirl
Date Posted: Mar 27 2008 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by i_am_sade i_am_sade wrote:

hello, im a newbie and im having  hair breakage issues! my breakage is mid length, usually about 3 or 4 inch long strands in my comb or in my hands when i finger comb. i moisturize and seal every morning and night. i roll my hair up in anti-breakage rollers when i sleep. i've tried baggying, but that made it worse. i did the aphogee damaged hair protien treatment and that did nothing. im confused and frusterated. i feel like cutting all my hair off and starting over fresh!  please help me! Cry

i_am_sade i'm going to presume you have relaxed hair, i have relaxed her too and i have given up on it, because of all the frustrations(breakage, thinning...Angry). I am transitionning now, i have breakage too. Have you tried mayonnaise, the eating kind? It reduced my breakage, and also adding more moisture to your hair regimen helps(buy cowashs, or just som spray).
HTW!


Posted By: DEEinLBC
Date Posted: Mar 27 2008 at 7:30pm
Hello everyone... My name is Dee.  I've been reading a lot on these forums, trying to take in all the info that's on here... it's impossible!!  There are so many suggestions on here, it's like it's toooooo helpful if you know what I mean Wink  Anyway, here's my problem:

My hair is relaxed.  I had stopped relaxing for a while and just pressed until a couple weeks ago because I go to the gym a lot and it's hard to maintain a press.  My hair breaks off like crazy in little pieces usually under an inch long.  I have split ends up the yingyang.  I don't do very much to it, to be honest.  I wash it once a week or so, and wrap it in a satin scarf at night.  I know I have to take more care of it but our hair can be pretty overwhelming sometimes, and I lack patience :(  I also have a horrible scalp problem.  I get dry, white, tiny flakes EVERYWHERE and it's almost like my scalp is made of the stuff.  I've tried dandruff shampoo but it never did anything.

So, given all this, can any reccommend me a 1-2-3 hair routine I should follow?  Any recommendations on pre-poo/conditioner routines and/or daily moisturizing routines for this mess on my head?  HELP!!


Posted By: xDiiVAx
Date Posted: Mar 28 2008 at 8:16am
im at a dead end! im 14 years old and i recently [dec. 17th `07] got a minor surgery on my left leg [i cant leave my house and i need a walker and a wheelchair to get around in my house] i ended staying in the hospital for around a week even though i was suppose to only stay one night therefore i didnt bring anything for my hair and it got all dry and started breaking off more and more.....before i went in my hair had split ends but wasnt breaking off too much...when i first started getting perms my mom used 2 coarse kids relaxers because my hair was long and thick and i was just wearing it out or in a ponytail all the time....now my hair is breaking when i run my fingers in it breakage sheds all over my shirt and in my hand and the hair is very very rough and coarse..........what should i do to get it back in a good condition??


Posted By: hairologist
Date Posted: Mar 28 2008 at 10:53am
ok some people say co-washes are good to do daily, but then others say to do low mani and leave it alone. I co-wash my hair daily and it seems to be doing good for my hair. Im stretching now so it helps me maintain my NG and i can only control my hair when its wet because its so thick, short and 3 different textures because of underprocessed strands. What do  i need to do?


Posted By: Miss Banks
Date Posted: Mar 28 2008 at 1:02pm

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie myself and I've been reading BHM for a few months and tryed out a few products. I believe my hair is breaking and shedding, I have dye in my hair(whichI'm trying to grow out) I stretched for about 12 weeks, I'm relaxed now since its getting warm, I don't actually believe I need to relax I just do because my hair only gets thick in the middle and I can't stand it.  I get pretty scissor happy at times because my hair grows out on one side faster than the other! my hair is about shoulder length(if I leave the scissors alone) I'm not one to believe that low manipulation will work for me cause I just can't stand not combing or brushing my hair. I have the carefree curl w/glycerine and protein and cantu shea butter leave in conditioning repair cream. I was wondering are you suppose to mix the carefree with water? do you put it on before you style or just a leave-in?  It made my hair feel  really greasy , it works great for my daughter, it makes her natural wave pop and she thinks she is the business!!  I also use Aloe Vera gel not 100% pure though.  did I get the wrong Cantu shea butter, I haven't heard about anyone using the repair cream? and does it make a difference if the scarf is satin not silk? all insight is helpful!!! Please and Thank You! 

 


Posted By: kkscottdale
Date Posted: Mar 30 2008 at 11:32am

I am cut my relaxed hair all off except, the top so i can cover my glue in weave. But I realized that using glue is doing much more harm than good for my hair. My hair came up to about 3 inches right now,and to make it a better to manage i used a relaxer to make it softer(because the hair refused to straighten completely,so now it is like curly instead of tightly coiled). I want my hair to be so much longer. i use Queen Helene deep conditioner as a pre-poo now,and i  just started using Pantene for relaxed and natural hair Shampoo.  Then while the hair is still damp i use a oil to coat the hair. Any other ideas? I am cnsidering to get a sew-in weave. Please help me. I am in my teens.



Posted By: Lyoness
Date Posted: Mar 30 2008 at 3:49pm

Hiya I'm not entirely new but I didn't want to waste a topic which prob has 1 simple answer..

 
But what is the purpose of a protective style..( yeah to protect ) .. but is it your ends from rubbing against your clothes etc... or hiding your ends completely from the weather... or is it more than just protecting your ends?
 
Thanks girlies....
 
Answers on a postcard.. the winner wins errrm this pig--> Pig


Posted By: morenaza094
Date Posted: Mar 31 2008 at 1:27am

About 3 months after I stopped nurseing my son, I noticed severe breakage. Some friends said they experienced the same thing. My mother said it was because I didn't take enough calicum during the pregnancy.

Is this true?


Posted By: Lara162
Date Posted: Apr 01 2008 at 8:03pm
question: does wrapping your hair at night really cause breakage??


Posted By: MzImaniChanel
Date Posted: Apr 02 2008 at 10:05pm
OK,

i last had my relaxer in january

before that i had a texturizer in nov

my hair is really short

but it breaks and sheds alot, some hairs have to whole follicle, some are just pieces of hair

i was washing my hair 2-3 days a week with the anti breakage shampoos and conditioner, the stuff in the red bottle
but lately because of dandruff and itching i've been shampooing with
Neutrogena TGel

still my hair sheds ALOT when combing after washing, while washing and every other time I run my fingers thru my hair

what should I do?


Posted By: Lazygirl
Date Posted: Apr 03 2008 at 11:44am
Originally posted by MzImaniChanel MzImaniChanel wrote:

OK,

i last had my relaxer in january

before that i had a texturizer in nov

my hair is really short

but it breaks and sheds alot, some hairs have to whole follicle, some are just pieces of hair

i was washing my hair 2-3 days a week with the anti breakage shampoos and conditioner, the stuff in the red bottle
but lately because of dandruff and itching i've been shampooing with
Neutrogena TGel

still my hair sheds ALOT when combing after washing, while washing and every other time I run my fingers thru my hair

what should I do?


MzImaniChanel you shouldn't wash ur hair that much. No wonder is steel shedding. Try cowashing, u shouldnt use shampoo like that.
i only shampoo once a month now, and my breakage reduced. try increasing  moisture in ur regimen,  and dont forget to DC.


Posted By: NEWMRS216
Date Posted: Apr 07 2008 at 7:52am
i have over 50 posts but sitll have a hair breakage question so i figure i'd ask here...
 
what protective styles are good for helping the front of your hair? the back and middle of my hair is fine.. weaves and ponys help cover that.. but the front is not getting the growth and length nor thickness that i desire..
 
any tips?


Posted By: Ijeoma-x
Date Posted: Apr 07 2008 at 2:41pm
Thanks sooo much for starting this topic! I would like to ask for advice! I have very thick, relaxed hair, but it is only just past shoulder length, even though I have been growing it for over a year noW. I am aiming for BSL but it seems like that is not coming for a while! Can you think of any good fast growth methods?
Thanks so much, Ijeoma-xWink


Posted By: Lazygirl
Date Posted: Apr 08 2008 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Ijeoma-x Ijeoma-x wrote:

Thanks sooo much for starting this topic! I would like to ask for advice! I have very thick, relaxed hair, but it is only just past shoulder length, even though I have been growing it for over a year noW. I am aiming for BSL but it seems like that is not coming for a while! Can you think of any good fast growth methods?
Thanks so much, Ijeoma-xWink


girl, is the hair not growing or u cant retain the growth? are doing protective styles? More details please


Posted By: Ijeoma-x
Date Posted: Apr 09 2008 at 9:38am
The hair isn't growing! I wear it in a bun to work, and then baggy it when I get home, and a VERY rarely wear it down. It only seems longer after I have relaxed it, and have washed and blow dried it, but usually, I just put my hair into rollers and let it air dry. At night time I cover them with tights (pantyhose?- sorry im from England!). Is it growing without me noticing, or just not growing?! x


Posted By: kami11213
Date Posted: Apr 09 2008 at 9:45am
Originally posted by Lara162 Lara162 wrote:

question: does wrapping your hair at night really cause breakage??


Wrapping my hair every night did cause breakage, it also thinned out my hair line a lot... I started cross-wrapping my hair most nights. I causes less stress on the hair IMO...


Posted By: Noddy
Date Posted: Apr 09 2008 at 1:55pm

I have an air drying question...


Basically, what should I do to air dry it properly. (Without it coming out looking bad)


Posted By: Lazygirl
Date Posted: Apr 09 2008 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Ijeoma-x Ijeoma-x wrote:

The hair isn't growing! I wear it in a bun to work, and then baggy it when I get home, and a VERY rarely wear it down. It only seems longer after I have relaxed it, and have washed and blow dried it, but usually, I just put my hair into rollers and let it air dry. At night time I cover them with tights (pantyhose?- sorry im from England!). Is it growing without me noticing, or just not growing?! x


i dont really think it's not growing, maybe it's growing slowly?!Confused
when i wear my hair out even in buns, i just can't keep my hands off my hair, and i think it's not growing. i put on braid extensions for 2 months, and after i took them down i saw i had 1 in of growth,  maybe that's the case? Do u take vitamins or something? i dont cuz i'm 15(not sure i should take them at this age). Try wearing something like weave, braid extensions... and see how it works outWink


Posted By: Ijeoma-x
Date Posted: Apr 10 2008 at 8:04am

Try putting your hair into rollers and letting it airdry like that! If you want it to be more straight, try just blow drying the top of it for a gorgeous finish! x



Posted By: Ijeoma-x
Date Posted: Apr 10 2008 at 8:45am
Try braiding just the front half of your hair! It will work wonders! well, I did on my hair... Also try not to put too much strain on the front + try to do quite loose and protective styles!

Hope this helps, let me know how it goes! Xxx



Posted By: DetroitCitizen
Date Posted: Apr 10 2008 at 11:45am
Hey, I'm a new member and I have a couple of questions.

How does the baggying method work? Whole head wise, as well as the ends?

It seems whenever I comb my hair, I always get strands in the comb as well as my shirt. What's the problem?

I try to wash my hair at least once a week. Sometimes, I'll miss the once a week limit and wait for the next week. Is this enough?


Posted By: PrinceszTori
Date Posted: Apr 20 2008 at 4:16am
what excatly is crosswraping


Posted By: shawgurl
Date Posted: Apr 21 2008 at 3:31pm
Due to wearing braids and twists a lot my hair if severyly damaged. I now have to get my damaged ends cut which will result in me having a short hair style. This is ok because i like short styles also. I want to know what can i use on my hair to ensure its healthy and not breaking off from damage? (I have also decided to stay away from braids and twists.)


Posted By: aangel247
Date Posted: Apr 21 2008 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by havilland havilland wrote:

Originally posted by CloudNyne CloudNyne wrote:

My freshman year of college, I lived on a campus with little to no black people and limited resources. To save my hair, I wore braids and cornrows. I'd suggest the same to you so that you can save your hair from breaking even more. The longer you go without a touch-up, the more breakage you may see because of the different textures of your hair.
 
thats a great idea!
 
for me,wearing/having braids and cornrows made my hair break even more!! especially in the front!


Posted By: aangel247
Date Posted: Apr 21 2008 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by DetroitCitizen DetroitCitizen wrote:

Hey, I'm a new member and I have a couple of questions.

How does the baggying method work? Whole head wise, as well as the ends?

It seems whenever I comb my hair, I always get strands in the comb as well as my shirt. What's the problem?

I try to wash my hair at least once a week. Sometimes, I'll miss the once a week limit and wait for the next week. Is this enough?
 
- Baggying is like preserving(thats what i think) your hair,,its more for not getting split/dry ends.  i only baggied on the the ends(ponytail), i've only knowned of baggying on the endsErmm! uhh it worked and made my ends softer but i never stuck to it lol!
 
- As for shedding, your going to shed something no matter what! But i use Herbal essences breaks over it seems to rly work!! There are more products that also help to stop breakage!! Try not to comb as much too!
 
- I have now stopped shampooing my hair every week BUT i have started to wash my hair with conditioner every 3dys or soo...I think shampoo is to harsh on my hair and it makes it even more dryDead I think it might be to much to wash with shampoo everyyyy singleee weakkk...
 
JUST MY 2CENTSWink


Posted By: Lazygirl
Date Posted: Apr 22 2008 at 6:03pm
weird question: how do i get garlic smell out of my hair???


Posted By: brenda
Date Posted: Apr 23 2008 at 12:16am
Hi I'm a newbie as well and I have a couple of questions
 
1.  I tried S-curl because so many people raved about it.  Yes, it made my hair super soft but my hair lacked shine and was very frizzy afterwards.  What products without silicone would you suggest to give my hair shine.  Any type of oil does not work on my hair unless I am doing a hot oil treatment in which I wash out the oil afterwards. 
 
2.  Can you blow dry your hair when you use S-curl?  or should it only be used during air drying.
 
 3.  Has anyone ever tried the Beauty 4 Ashes hair care products.  They are suppose to be all nature but their prices are very expensive.  I searched the forum but I cannot find anyone who has actually used their product line.  I would hate to pay all that money for a product that does not work very well.  They do not allow exchanges or refunds on any product and all sales are final.


Posted By: Platniumdime4u
Date Posted: May 01 2008 at 2:04pm
Hi, i am new to this. I have recently cut my hair really low( you can barely pinch at it) due to it not growing and breaking off terribly. i must admit i have never really cared for my hair the way i should have. I have started wearing lace fronts to help get me through the growth process. I would just like to know where to start, what products to buy, should I just shave it bald. I have thinning issues with my edges and thought shaving it bald would help this problem and help it grow back full and healthy. Please help me!!!!!


Posted By: lisa84
Date Posted: May 04 2008 at 11:12pm
Hello, I'm new to the site but it very informative! I have a few questions and hopefully some will give me some advice!
 
I bleached my hair to get it a real blonde back in December 2007 and at the end of Jan. 08 I got a perm and my hair broke off in several places really bad. I have been going to the beauty shop for weekly washes, but my hair is still breaking. What should I do to stop the breaking?
 
Also, the person who does my hair told me that they should put a semi-permanent rinse on my hair, so I let her do it Fri, May 2, 2008! She said this is suppose to help condition and strength my hair. I am now having second thoughts because it seems as if my hair is breaking more! Was this a bad idea, and has anyone ever heard of this?


Posted By: goddesscurls
Date Posted: May 05 2008 at 5:51am
OOh OOh, I have a question. Those of you that used to relax or still do, when you came home from getting a relaxer did you feel tiny little short hairs close to your scalp under your hair? I remember putting my hands in my hair close to my scalp and feeling little brush like hairs. This I'm guessing was all the breakage that the process caused. I am now wondering it the breakage I thought I had recently is just shorter hairs growing in from that period. I no longer feel the brush like hairs near my scalp but I do have shorter pieces that I can see. With how short they were it would take a while for them to grow back. I'm kind of hoping that this is the reason and that I didn't cause breakage with anything else like a hair style or roughly combing through tangles.


Posted By: EboniQueen
Date Posted: May 06 2008 at 10:32am
I have neglected my hair for the past four years. It is natural 3c/4a and when straightened about bsl. I have significant breakage around the hairline. What would you recommend to start repairing and growing my breakage?


Posted By: ooma
Date Posted: May 06 2008 at 8:16pm

it's probably been asked but i'd rather not search.

i have a mix of 3b6/3b7/3b8 hair and i want to know the best styles i can do to promote hair growth and stop breakage at the crown and tips.

something that won't have me looking like a 6 year old lol.
 
thanks! 


Posted By: JMilz86
Date Posted: May 22 2008 at 6:12pm
hi everyone. im fairly new to this. i am trying to decide whether to go natural or jus relax my hair...i currently have micros in and i jus want to kno what regimen people use to correct breakage after taking our braids?


Posted By: Lazygirl
Date Posted: May 22 2008 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by JMilz86 JMilz86 wrote:

hi everyone. im fairly new to this. i am trying to decide whether to go natural or jus relax my hair...i currently have micros in and i jus want to kno what regimen people use to correct breakage after taking our braids?

Try this site it has nice information, go to "braid extension regimen" - it helped me.


Posted By: nigerianmama
Date Posted: Jun 03 2008 at 9:45am
HI!

i have a question about hard water and its effects on relaxed hair. When i go 2 college,there is hard water there.My regimen is co-washing once a week,and pre-pooing,shampooing,and DC'ing once a week also.I have type 4a-4b hair.What should I do to when i go back to school in the fall?


Posted By: slim_1989
Date Posted: Jun 04 2008 at 10:33am
Hi there, here is my question.
The two front edges of my hair is breaking. My overall hair length is nearly down to my shoulders but the sides are about an inch and a half long! My hair has not been relaxed since march and even then it was not done properly.
I know the reasons why it is like this but now i plan to do something about it. I have read through the posts and i was just wondering if anyone could tell if what im am going to do is best.
I have heard a lot of good things about dr. miracle so i was thinking of purchasing the relaxer, shampoo and conditioner and the damaged hair medicated treatment

do you feel this is best or do i need more or something different. Also if this is best then should i jus start using the treatment till my hair starts to grown then relax it or relax it 1st.

Thanks for this.

x


Posted By: Carib_n_curly
Date Posted: Jun 04 2008 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by slim_1989 slim_1989 wrote:

Hi there, here is my question.The two front edges of my hair is breaking. My overall hair length is nearly down to my shoulders but the sides are about an inch and a half long! My hair has not been relaxed since march and even then it was not done properly.I know the reasons why it is like this but now i plan to do something about it. I have read through the posts and i was just wondering if anyone could tell if what im am going to do is best.I have heard a lot of good things about dr. miracle so i was thinking of purchasing the relaxer, shampoo and conditioner and the damaged hair medicated treatmentdo you feel this is best or do i need more or something different. Also if this is best then should i jus start using the treatment till my hair starts to grown then relax it or relax it 1st.Thanks for this.x

what's is your regime how often do you wash,what products do you use how often do you relax and use heat etc etc

i have heard good and bad about his product but really the best way to get healthy growing hair is not one miracle product but constant care

don't mean to be lazy but this link has the basic about hair care,products and if you read even half of the info it will help.

it's a great link for NEWBIES
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=104988" rel="no follow - http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=104988


Posted By: nellababii
Date Posted: Jun 04 2008 at 8:37pm
Just to add another opinion, Dr. Miracles really messed up my hair. It became extremely dry, and the one product burned my scalp. I found that natural products work waaaay better!


Posted By: guineegirl
Date Posted: Jun 09 2008 at 4:28pm
i'm newly natural(just cut majority of my relaxed ends) i recently got twists with extensions in my hair. about 5 weeks later my real hair started to stick out.(as it started to grow i think) is this normal


Posted By: KristalKlear
Date Posted: Jun 09 2008 at 4:40pm
yes dont worry about :) that always happens to me HTH
 
my hair has been a bit damaged because i got my hair braided on the same day i got a relaxer! i know it was crazy but i didn't know. Now that I'm educated i know i can lose my length. How can I stop it from breaking anymore? What can I do to retain the length i had before i got the braids and the thickness i had before the braids? will my hair fall out by the time I take my braids out in July? Is my hair damaged? I really don't want to lose my length or thickness


Posted By: jeanti
Date Posted: Jun 09 2008 at 7:47pm
Hello all, I'm new here and in some serious HELP!!! I just had a baby 3 months ago and going through the hormonal transitions which has taken a toll on my hair, it breaks constantly, it looks dry and brittle and I don't want to cut it cause I let it grow my whole pregnancy and it was beautiful then the baby came and my hair went south w/my body lol. SO I would like to know some shampoos, conditioners, relaxers, treatments regimens any help you could give to get my hair back. Thanks


Posted By: amaka89
Date Posted: Jun 10 2008 at 5:41pm

Question: Ever since i can remember i have always experience some time of breakage every time i combed or even touched my hair. And over the years i have noticed my hair go from crazy thick to thin. Right now it isnt a lot but im wondering how do some people get it down to only 2-3 or even 0 strands of breakage. In my book that has always seemed kinda of impossible but maybe im doing something wrong....how can i correct this because i want my hair to grow thick without losing its thickness now?




Print Page | Close Window