Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Prices for Lace Wig Where you Supply Your Own Hair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Prices for Lace Wig Where you Supply Your Own Hair

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
*WeaveStar* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *WeaveStar* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prices for Lace Wig Where you Supply Your Own Hair
    Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 10:00pm
For those on BHM that use there own hair and have wigs made, what is considered a fair or average quote for a Full Lace Wig, no stretch, free parting throughout?

What is the average turn around for the wig makers used by people here?

Have you had a wig made in 2013 that was satisfactory in terms of construction and turnaround time?

How many inches of the length is normal to lose.  For example if you send hair that's 20 inches long, how long will the hair be on the wig after its been ventilated?

If you want to give a good wig maker a shout out please do.

I'm leaning towards Kevin CN but I don't have two month's to wait for a turn around and I'm curious if the prices I've been quoted by other vendors I've asked make sense.   I see prices for paying for wefts or wigs where the vendor provides the hair but I don't see any quotes on this site for wigs made with hair you send to the vendor and I'm sure the Full Lace Wig construction is higher then the U-Parts or the Lace Fronts.

Thanks.

Edited by *WeaveStar* - Jun 23 2013 at 10:02pm
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *WeaveStar* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by *WeaveStar* *WeaveStar* wrote:

How many inches of the length is normal to lose.  For example if you send hair that's 20 inches long, how long will the hair be on the wig after its been ventilated?

Originally posted by Bre. Bre. wrote:

It depends on the density, most of the stock wigs I get from CVs weigh in at around 8-10oz.  I sent a vendor hair to have a wig made, I sent about 12 ounces and I order my usual specs, the density was at average, around 85% total.  I got a little around 5.5 ounces back, you shouldn't lose too much hair, unless you are having some of the hair made into wefts for a Lace front.  Full lace wigs shouldn't lose as much but, I lost about 2-3 inches from the length of the hair. The hair was straight hair.

2-3 inches from the length

Edited by *WeaveStar* - Jun 24 2013 at 4:20pm
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 12:20am
I've used Kevin Yan, www.remyhairhere.com/Enoya - you'll want to email him for a current price list.  Turnaround time was about 3 weeks.  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *WeaveStar* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2013 at 2:28am
Originally posted by chatnoir chatnoir wrote:

I've used Kevin Yan, www.remyhairhere.com/Enoya - you'll want to email him for a current price list.  Turnaround time was about 3 weeks.  

Thank you.  Normally I would use him because he is good with giving a date and reliable about sticking to the date he gives but I have issues with him right now so he's out of the question.

I was leaning towards Kevin Cn (because of the wig quality)but that two month turn around time makes me say hayle no, lol.  If there is any indicator that the two Kevins are different, that "when the seasons change" turn around time Kevin Cn has is the proof he's not Kevin Yan.  The next person I want to use is popular here for making wigs out of hair sent too but people say his wigs shed alot and construction/durability is important to me as well. 

I don't think a lot of people send hair away on this board.  Most just order the hair and wig from the vendor.  US wigmaker prices are too high and I've gotten a couple of quotes from Chinese wig makers and they are all within $50 of each other which I'm fine with.  I was just hoping to hear about some up to date experiences with a wig maker but for many their wig maker is their vendor so they may be reluctant to mention it.  I'm most interested in the quality of the wig and if they delivered by the agreed upon deadline.

chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2013 at 11:33am
You're welcome. Smile  Have you asked Rex if he provides this service?

P.S. Kevincn - 8 wk turnaround?  Lawd. . .

Edited by chatnoir - Jun 26 2013 at 11:33am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *WeaveStar* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by chatnoir chatnoir wrote:

You're welcome. Smile  Have you asked Rex if he provides this service?

P.S. Kevincn - 8 wk turnaround?  Lawd. . .

Update....

I did end up having Rex make the wig.  He received the hair on July 5 and he sent it back July 29th.  He did exactly what I asked except the wig cap was a little different.  He was up front about how many days he would need and kept his estimated finish date to the letter.   He communicated any questions he had after receiving the hair to ensure I was aware of any nuances and received what I wanted.  The wig was well constructed and he sent back all of my extra hair.  If I would have known it would be that much I would have had him make a closure out of it.  I will send it back and get a closure made because I can't do anything else with the bulk hair.  It was also washed because it smelled good.  I am soooo happy with the wig and I'm completely satisfied with his service. 

ETA:  A 3 - 3 1/2  week turn around is way better then sending for a wig early Summer and getting it in the Fall,lol

Edited by *WeaveStar* - Aug 05 2013 at 11:46pm
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 11:34am
Great, please post pics of the wig when you can! Clap
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style