Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Pressing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pressing and retain from reverting

Post Reply Post Reply
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
thaleighaswain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thaleighaswain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pressing and retain from reverting
    Posted: Nov 02 2011 at 6:16am
I would like to say thanks a bunch to everyone who has posted on this thread. I have been wearing weaves and braids for 3 years.  My hair is now long and thick, back to its orginial state when I was younger.  This is my second week having it pressed, but I can't continue to do this each week I want to learn how to maintain it myself and especially with working out 5 times a week.  With everyone's help I think I have a great idea of what not and to do, I am going shopping this weekend to pick up everything and I will let you know how it goes! Thanks a bunch!Smile
Sponsored Links

phreshface View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phreshface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2012 at 11:38am
bump

hi everyone.

i have been wearing my hair in canerows for about a year now and haven't relaxed in about 4 years.

i want to press/straighten my hair now for a while but am not having any joy.

I start the back of my hair and by the time I get to the front the back has already started reverting.

Then within an hour it all has reverted back.

My hair lasts for a week if my mum presses my hair with, pressing oil/grease (hot comb). But it's quite gunky.
Once I had my hair straightened by the salon and it was beautiful. bouncy, not greasy and very straight for about 2 weeks.

I shampoo and deep condition my hair with 7 oils, egg and a conditioner.
then i blow dry, apply some of the highly recommended fantasia hair serum and flat iron with a sedu.

No joy.Cry

any advice will be greatly appreciated.

ciarahoneydip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ciarahoneydip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2012 at 4:00pm
Hey girl! I am natural too and I made a video about this on YT. Hope it helps!

Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2012 at 7:16pm
^^ I love your youtube.
afitch9399 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afitch9399 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2012 at 8:18pm
I press lots and lots of hair, and some of my clients are pleasantly surprised that their hair will stay straight up to 3 weeks.  Here's one of my clients who works out everyday...check out what she had to say.

dawamart1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dawamart1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2012 at 12:18am
My hair lasts for a week if my mum presses my hair with, pressing oil/grease (hot comb). But it's quite gunky.
Once I had my hair straightened by the salon and it was beautiful. bouncy, not greasy and very straight for about 2 weeks.
french_fry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote french_fry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2012 at 7:45pm
I get my hair pressed with a hot comb at my hair salon. She uses olive oil for moisture and a holding gel that wears off in about three days. It stays straight by keeping it wrapped and oiling it with castor oil/olive oil hair treatment every 2-3 days. With this it can last from 4-5 weeks at most. 
mspremiere100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mspremiere100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2016 at 9:58am
Check out candycoatedhair on styleseat
laneige01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laneige01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2016 at 2:09am
In about three days. It keeps the wrapped oil with castor oil / olive oil conditioner every 2-3 days. http://1030am.my/brands/skinfood. - skin food malaysia

Edited by laneige01 - Jul 30 2016 at 2:09am
barelyreal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barelyreal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2016 at 1:35pm
Thanks. Any Florida stylist suggestions?
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic