Topic ClosedPress vs Dominican Blowout

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
slender1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Press vs Dominican Blowout
    Posted: Nov 12 2007 at 3:31am
Hi Ladies,

Is there anyone here with 3a-4z hair that prefers Dominican blowouts to the press or vice versa? Please state pros/cons.
Sponsored Links

purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2007 at 9:39am

Sorry to come to your thread and ask another question, but....what is the difference between a press and dominican blowout?

clovercurls View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2007 at 3:13pm
I would not step foot in another Dominican salon again. The last couple of times my daughter wanted to wear her curly hair straight and I took her to one in my neighborhood. First, all Dominican salons are not created equal. In the past I've been to salons that roller set your hair then do a blowout. But not this salon...they wash, condition and then blowdry and use some cheapy looking flat iron and a bunch of oily products on my daughter's hair. The style lasted all of 2 days.  I've learned that the best method for doing a press or flat iron is no products. If you do a really good deep conditioner you can proceed from there.
DeDarknLovely1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2007 at 8:04pm
The Dominican blow outs that I'm familiar with require an extremely hot blow dryer and a brush...no flat iron's are used.

I personally prefer a press over a Dominican blow out.

The heat from the blowdryers are killers...the end result is beautiful (depending on your hairtype and on the stylist) but it is way to painful (and I have a RAMBO scalp....I was never tenderheaded) So to say it hurt is an understatement.

The blowdryer is repeated over and over on that same section of hair until its bone straight. A press is only repeated at most 2-3 times (once to get the roots and once to go all the way down to the end).

At least with a press (if done correctly) the heat is only placed on your hair.

That's just my opinion though..Embarrassed

I agree with clovercurls, when pressing use nothing except for maybe a heat protectant. 

Edited by DeDarknLovely1 - Nov 14 2007 at 8:06pm
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2007 at 3:14pm
I was researching DB and I feel that its too much work and INTENSE heat. I understand that you can get the rollerset instead of the blow torch applied to ya head; but, I love my scalp and I'm not trying to burn it off!
When I was younger, my Mommy would press my hair w/ the stove top pressing comb and its was on. So, in about two weeks, I'm getting my hair pressed w/ a heat protectant and be swangin' for my bday.
slender1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2007 at 12:29am
LMBAF..

Can we get some pics of your press??Clap
Lady_Q_Tee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2007 at 2:49pm

I dont know if it is a DC .. but i used to go to this salon and they would use a blow dryer to get my hair straight, and steam would be comming from the blow dryer, and they had to open the doors and windows LOL

The heat from the scalp seriosuly hurt and i would wimper away .. and be told it because im wimpering that its hurting more!!! CryShocked

Nahnee View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2007 at 9:05pm
Damn.............Look like we need to stay away from that technique.......I bet this technique causes damage to the hair in the long run.......That much heat.........Come on now............I wouldn't let nobody do that to my hair.........How in the hell could this be healthy for the hair or scalp....That aint the business.....................Say this is a Dominican Blow-out......Sounds like a Dominican Fry-out to me...................Somebody correct me if I'm wrong............But I believe this will become very damaging for our hair......I will end this by saying"Ladies be careful" Just because it's done by us........ with good intentions......Don't mean that its good for us.........
Ebony_Eyez View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2007 at 5:19pm
I went to an Egyptian salon, it sounds very similar to the Dominican Salons that do blow outs and it went well for me.

I've had horrible experiences getting my hair pressed with a pressing comb at salons before (i.e. some lady thought the pressing comb was a real comb and was just combing thru my hair like it was a normal comb--i was like in junior high back then tho---but ne ways it burned like hell and I was in tears telling her to stop, but of course she was liKe I GOTTA GET IT STRAIGHT DONT U WANT IT STRAIGHT---and it wasn't until my mother came in and saw me crying . I ended up wearing braids all throughout high school because of fear of perming and pressing my hair.

So i guess what I am trying to say is....lol the Egyptians blow drying my hair felt really good compared to my previous experience with a press.
augiemoment View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2007 at 1:00pm

are the dominicans the only ones who blowdry your hair after rolling?

why is ist called a Dominican BlowoutConfused
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>