Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
MikiG View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Press and Curl
    Posted: Sep 10 2003 at 2:30pm

I've been natural for 2 years now.  My fro is too big to handle now however I want to let my hair continue to grow.  I've been pressing it for the past few weeks and this midwest humidity is proving to be a great enemy of my pressed hair.  I remember that years ago my Mom used to use something that was called Press in Perm, we think it was made by lustrasilk or Isoplus.  Does anyone know where I can find something like that??.  I've heard of the Demi Perm but am unable to purchase or even get detailed information because I'm not a prefessional.  I've told my hairstylist about Demi Perm but she has not followed up.  Help!!  If someone knows of a solution that will help me to battle this humidity, please respond.  I don't want to get a perm, but I don't want to look crazy either ... a perm is beginning to sound like the lesser of the two evils.

Sponsored Links

mschelle45 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2003 at 9:21pm
Miki G.  I also live in the Midwest (Chicago) and coudn't make the press-n-curl thing work.  It was difficult to find anybody who did it, and often my hair was just too greasy and stringy and country looking.  I think that you might be talking about something called hair culture lotion.  The last time I saw some it was called Lustrasilk Straight Effects.  You put it in your natural hair, blow it dry, and it stays straigher longer. 
cilcy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2004 at 9:33am
It's called Lustrasilk Hair Culture Solution.  It works very well for my fine hair.  It's quite odiferous - so please be sure to use it in a ventilated area.
smchadwic View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2004 at 7:44pm
I've heard that Organic Root Stimulator Demi Perm is a thermo straightening system that gives your hair the look and feel of a relaxer without the chemicals. The stylist uses a straightening comb, flat iron, or blow dryer to get the straightening affect. The product has pineapple enzyme that soften the hair protein. It has to be applied at every shampoo and each application the product softens the hair protein even more. I'm curious to see this.
whoop727 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2004 at 6:14pm
I have been looking for Lustrasilk Hair Culture Solution everywhere!!!!  Does anyone know where to get it????  Would be great if i could find it online.
OuttaControl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2004 at 7:12pm

Never heard of the Hair culture..but the Straight effects is a chemical according to my stylist.  There is nothing natural about something that is going to make your hair straighter.  And b/c you are using this with a pressing comb, it will ultimately lead to breakage.

beauty25 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2004 at 3:09am

I was able to buy the demi perm kit. My hair has been natural since April and I want a change. When I straighten it (press) It is about 3 inches long (It's very curly) I think I may try the kit this weekend. It came with a video (can you believe it?) The directions are intense. It will probably take me 3-4 hours to complete the whole process. And My hair is short! Has anyone out there used it?

lisaooooh View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2004 at 9:21pm
hi..  I am familiar with Lustrasilk hair care solution and had used it for 20 years. ( and had used a pressing comb for 40 years.   I never had breakage because I  have been careful with how I use a hot comb, and I often have a professional do it for me. Now I have a relaxer,  and lots of breakage and regrets!!!!   I have a 6 year old who starts school in 2 days and I will be putting it in her hair tomorrow.  there are stores in NJ that sell it.  Also I found the Lustrasilk straight effects.  It smells the same,  same color, and has the exact same ingredients in it.  If it works for my daughers hair, I am going back to LUSTRASILK
lisaooooh View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2004 at 9:22pm
PS..  I live in NJ...  Hazy Hot and HUMID  all the time...  and lots of rain.... Lustrsilk was my best best for 20 years
kaitlyn View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2004 at 10:05pm
nothing sounds familiar in this thread. have u seen lindsay lohan's hair in "confessions of a drama queen" how do i achieve those big curls at home?

Edited by kaitlyn
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic