Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

President Obama opinion on smoking weed .

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: President Obama opinion on smoking weed .
    Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 11:33am
Obama says marijuana ‘no more dangerous than alcohol’
January 19th, 2014
11:21 AM ET

Washington (CNN) – Marijuana, which is still placed in the same category as heroin, ecstasy and psychedelic mushrooms by the federal government, is no more dangerous than alcohol, President Barack Obama said in an interview published Sunday.

Speaking to New Yorker editor David Remnick, Obama said he still viewed pot smoking negatively – but that on the whole, the drug wasn’t the social ill that it’s been viewed as in the past.

“As has been well documented, I smoked pot as a kid, and I view it as a bad habit and a vice, not very different from the cigarettes that I smoked as a young person up through a big chunk of my adult life. I don’t think it is more dangerous than alcohol,” Obama told the weekly magazine.

The president said pot was actually less dangerous that alcohol “in terms of its impact on the individual consumer.”

“It’s not something I encourage, and I’ve told my daughters I think it’s a bad idea, a waste of time, not very healthy,” he said.

Two states, Colorado and Washington, have legalized recreational marijuana use. Another 18, along with the District of Columbia, allow some legal pot use, primarily for medicinal purposes. But when it comes to federal law, marijuana remains a schedule 1 controlled substance - a drug with high potential for abuse but no accepted medical use - and the White House has said that Obama doesn’t support changing that status.

Instead, Obama said in the New Yorker interview that he’s focused on making laws that treat users fairly.

“We should not be locking up kids or individual users for long stretches of jail time when some of the folks who are writing those laws have probably done the same thing,” he told Remnick.

In August, Obama’s Justice Department announced it would not challenge legalization in Colorado and Washington, and instead focus federal enforcement on trafficking cases and preventing pot from getting in the hands of kids. Prosecutors are now required to focus on distinct enforcement priorities that also include preventing driving while high and forbidding the cultivation of marijuana on public lands.

In the New Yorker, Obama said Colorado and Washington’s laws were “important” since they decriminalized a commonly used substance. But he also said the laws could raise questions for other illegal substances.

“If marijuana is fully legalized and at some point folks say, Well, we can come up with a negotiated dose of cocaine that we can show is not any more harmful than vodka, are we open to that?” Obama wondered. “If somebody says, We’ve got a finely calibrated dose of meth, it isn’t going to kill you or rot your teeth, are we O.K. with that?”

Edited by india100 - Jan 19 2014 at 1:06pm
Sponsored Links

india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 11:34am
Heart
We should not be locking up kids or individual users for long stretches of jail time when some of the folks who are writing those laws have probably done the same thing,” he told Remnick
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 11:38am
Agree with everything he's saidThumbs Up
iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 11:40am
Obama is wrong. marijuana has no bad side effects and proven to help your cognitive thinking and amongst so many health beneficial stuff. And hemp can be used for 100s of stuff for a tenth of the price. Its a stupid law and alcohol is more potent in danger than any drug since it attacks every organ in your body.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 11:43am
Now Obama knows damn well those laws are not in place because of how "dangerous" they are

Good for him! He should take those laws on as the final mission for his legacy
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 11:46am
Never thought he would admit that.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 11:47am
Originally posted by iliveforbhm iliveforbhm wrote:

Obama is wrong. marijuana has no bad side effects and proven to help your cognitive thinking and amongst so many health beneficial stuff. And hemp can be used for 100s of stuff for a tenth of the price. Its a stupid law and alcohol is more potent in danger than any drug since it attacks every organ in your body.
Why are you taking one sentence to heart, after the President stands for weed use ? Depends on the type of weed you smoke . You can obtain lung damage do the smoke young man .

Edited by india100 - Jan 19 2014 at 11:50am
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 11:48am
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Didn't he write about doing coke and weed in his book?
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 11:49am
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Jolie he said the same thing in one of his books . I think talking about it at the pulpit speaks volume lol . You know his Fox news haters are going to run with it .
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 11:55am
idk about it being proven to improve cognitive thinking... Ermm

but im glad/surprised he said that and i hope he finally makes it legal everywhere. 
i wont ever smoke like i used to but its annoying to have to worry about a drug test from that 1 blunt last month.. Sleepy
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>