Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - President Obama Doesn’t Deserve To Be Sworn In W
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

President Obama Doesn’t Deserve To Be Sworn In W

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 13 Votes, Average 2.85  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 12:43pm
Ooh ok gotcha ...thought u wanted to get something off your chest. Lol. But I agree...

Sponsored Links

Chi_town75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote Chi_town75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 1:25pm
Is it me or has everyone been extra political about everything surrounding "blackness" as of late. I mean, damn, folks telling people to boycott movies (Spike Lee v. Django: Unchained") and now Cornell West v. Obama being sworn in.

Like, why can't we just be happy for this moment? I highly doubt Dr. King would run up to Obama and say, "N* get your hand off my Bible." I'm sure if his children could come out and embrace this joyous moment then he would, too.

Some people just take ish too personal and know how to ruin a great thing. 

Confused
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Chi_town75 Chi_town75 wrote:

Is it me or has everyone been extra political about everything surrounding "blackness" as of late. I mean, damn, folks telling people to boycott movies (Spike Lee v. Django: Unchained") and now Cornell West v. Obama being sworn in.

Like, why can't we just be happy for this moment? I highly doubt Dr. King would run up to Obama and say, "N* get your hand off my Bible." I'm sure if his children could come out and embrace this joyous moment then he would, too.

Some people just take ish too personal and know how to ruin a great thing. 

Confused

lmao
teendiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote teendiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

lmao

this was directed at the amount of thanks at the time?

Yeah, there are 25 thanks now. LOL

I appreciate the dissenting view, but I think "drink some water from a sippy cup" would have sufficed. When you bring in kids (even innocently) it seems like you are throwing back information the poster shared on the board. JMO. Generally, if someone isn't saying something positive, children shouldn't be referenced. But back to the rachetery at hand.

That happens every other thread...
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 1:38pm
Yep, there's no doubt he would have shown up @chi. If MLK could warm up to a damn Kennedy, ya don't think he would feel beyond proud of an Obama? Like the shyt makes zero sense.

Edited by ms_wonderland - Jan 22 2013 at 1:39pm
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by Junior Jr Junior Jr wrote:

Originally posted by BeatriceBean BeatriceBean wrote:

No longer interested in anything that he says. Meh

hey mrs. b. baseball season is rapidly approaching

jr.

Hit me with your requests!

MISS CR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MISS CR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

fck him and if he has any friends, fck them too. 

baahhhwwwwaaaa.  Girl, that was toooo dang funny. I will be using that at a  later time.
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 8:48pm
Seems like we have some undercover stormfront posters in our midst

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 10:02pm
Finally got a chance to get to this

He has a point here. He should've exposed a bit more about America's oversimplification of who MLK was and what he stood for

I am confused at him getting more offended at Obama putting his hand on Martin's bible vs. any other Bible. If he truly has a problem with what Obama stands for then, as a man of Christ, his reaction should be the same no matter whose Bible is being used

But that's what happens when you put man on a pedestal

Originally posted by tu-grad tu-grad wrote:

“You don’t play with Martin Luther King, Jr. and you don’t play with his people, said West. “By his people, I mean people of good conscience, fundamentally good people committed to peace and truth and justice, especially the Black tradition that produced it.

“All of the blood, sweat and tears that went into producing a Martin Luther King, Jr. generated a brother of such high decency and dignity that you don’t use his prophetic fire for a moment of presidential pageantry without understanding the challenge he represents to all of those in power regardless of what color they are.

“The righteous indignation of a Martin Luther King, Jr. becomes a moment of political calculation. And that makes my blood boil. Why? Because Martin Luther King, Jr died…he died…for the three crimes against humanity that he was wrestling with. Jim Crow, traumatizing, terrorizing, stigmatizing Black people. Lynching, not just ‘segregation’ as the press likes to talk about.

“Second: Carpet bombing in Vietnam killing innocent people, especially innocent children, those are war crimes that Martin Luther King , Jr. was willing to die for. And thirdly, was poverty of all colors, he said it is a crime against humanity for the richest nation in the world to have so many of it’s precious children of all colors living in poverty and especially on the chocolate side of the nation, and on Indian reservations and Brown barrios and yellow slices and Black ghettos — we call them hoods now, but ghettos then.

“So I said to myself ain’t nothing wrong with putting your hand on the bible, even though the bible’s talking about justice, Jesus is talking about the least of these, but when you put it on Martin’s bible, I said ‘this is personal for me,’ because this is the tradition that I come out of.”

bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 7:03am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>
  Share Topic