Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

pre-sew in regimine include blow drying??

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
Mahogany_Bliss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahogany_Bliss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pre-sew in regimine include blow drying??
    Posted: May 21 2013 at 5:32pm
Good evening ladies!! 

I'M coming at you with a question about how you prepare your hair for a sew in. I have natural shoulder length kinks & curls. My hair dries out very quickly so I want to make sure my hair is properly treated before being tucked away. 

I know some of you have some FABULOUS regimens (before, during, & after) & I hope you don't mind sharing them with someone with very little weave knowledge. I've washed, trimmed, & deep conditioned my hair. It is has been detangled, moisturized, & sealed.

I hate blow drying (straightening period) my hair bc it feels like it gets dried out. Like I said, I have dry hair and I don't want my hair to be dry prior to the sew in. Does my hair need to be blow dried to help the stylist part my hair with ease? I bought heat free hair for this sew in because it matches my natural texture seamlessly! I love the soft manageable texture of the hair after conditioning.

Can anybody help a sista out with your pre sew in regimen as well as if you blow dry, how you care for your during the install and after its removal. 

TIA 
Sponsored Links

pRiNCesSChANeL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pRiNCesSChANeL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 5:54pm
With my experience my braids lay flatter when I blow dry my hair before installing . I have super thick type 4 natural hair . Maybe your stylist could blow dry on a cool setting ?

After braiding I always alway always apply some type of grease, moisturizer or hair oil to my braids before I begin sewing . It also helps to add oil or grease (whatever your preferance) to your strands while braiding .

During my install I do the minimum.. wash every week to week and a half (wash weave and braids underneath) after I tend to my leaveout hair first.. then oil my scalp with an applicator bottle.. then handle the weave hair.

I try to keep my maintenance to a minimum b/c I wear weaves to not have to do much to my hair! I stick with this process and keep my installs for 2-3 months and after I always see great growth .

But again this is what works for me . I hope you find a great regmine (sp) for yourself !!
BeauTfllyBrwn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BeauTfllyBrwn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 7:41pm
Stretch your hair with braids or banding. It has to be COMPLETELY dry for this to work. Also, make sure you shampoo your hair extremely well and use a great conditioner.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic