Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Homemade Hair Recipes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pre-poo regime/recipe!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

Author
ebonynicole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebonynicole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2012 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by Frichickeni4me Frichickeni4me wrote:

I use chicken grease with peanut butter.  I know it sound nasty but that isht works.  Just use one cup of fried yard bird grease with one cup of aztec peanut butter.  Leave it on you head for bout an hour then go wash it out and use your regular poo on your hair.  

Hey, I'm not knock in it!! My mother said back in the day ppl used to use lard to oil their scalp and do their hair..
Sponsored Links

ellebelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ellebelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2012 at 7:58pm
This sounds crazy!

Originally posted by Frichickeni4me Frichickeni4me wrote:

I use chicken grease with peanut butter.  I know it sound nasty but that isht works.  Just use one cup of fried yard bird grease with one cup of aztec peanut butter.  Leave it on you head for bout an hour then go wash it out and use your regular poo on your hair.  
Faithfully2002 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Faithfully2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 1:51pm
Lol at fried chicken grease and peanut butter. I hope ur not serious.
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 7:21pm
I use Oyin Handmade Burnt Sugar Pomade as a pre shampoo.

HappilyKinky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HappilyKinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by iloveeliza8 iloveeliza8 wrote:

I am sooo inspired by how others take care of their hair & i want to treat mine better. I have decided to make a pre-poo so i will be washing it a total of 2 times the first time will be with the pre-poo & the second with herbal essence (it works wonders on curly hair 'makes it VERY easy to comb through :) ) & conditioning it for about 15 minutes. I am going to use : honey,olive oil,shea butter & rosemary or tyme & some matrix biolage shampoo(just a tad bit). What do you all think of that regime/recipe 'any tips?

I love the recipe... I try to include honey in all my pre-poos. The honey leaves my hair so soft, moist, and manageable. This week's pre-poo will consist of fresh avocado, lavendar, olive oil, yogurt, jojoba oil, wheat germ oil, and of course honey...
LillyMcPatterson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LillyMcPatterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 10:21pm
So by "pre-poo" you mean pre shampoo....right?
HappilyKinky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HappilyKinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by LillyMcPatterson LillyMcPatterson wrote:

So by "pre-poo" you mean pre shampoo....right?

Yes...

According to CurlyNikki " Applying a conditioning treatment to the hair prior to shampooing / washing so as to add moisture to the follicles.

I agree... Because I find most shampoos to be so stripping to my hair. So, by doing a pre-poo (be it hot oil treatment or other natural treatment) prepares my hair for shampooing.

Believe me it works!
LillyMcPatterson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LillyMcPatterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 11:02pm
Oh ok, so "pre" is suposed to mean before?
sakinadee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakinadee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:19pm
I just started do ing this pre poo regimen on my hair and my 3 girls hair and it has been a GOD SEND for us in this cold dry ohio winter air!!!!
Chicoro's Moisture-Drenched Pre-Poo

Ingredients you will need:

In a bowl mix

• ½ cup of aloe vera juice or whole leaf aloe vera

• 1-2 tablespoons of your favorite oil (wheat germ, olive, safflower, walnut etc)

In a separate Bowl melt

• Food grade coconut oil (1/4 cup)

• Sit the bottle or jar in hot water- do not put in microwave or on the stove!
Remember, everyone's hair has different needs. You may need more or less of this mixture. Or, your hair may not like this at all. None of these will irrevocably change your hair. Thus, you just need to wash out the mixture if your hair doesn't like it.

1. Using your fingers, separate your hair into 4- 8 sections. If your hair is caked with hard product, rinse your hair first. Gently handle the first section. First, smooth the hair in a downward direction. You are just trying to make sure that all the hair is going in one direction. You don't need to completely detangle the hair at this point.

2. Dip your hair in the bowl of aloe vera and oil or cup your hands in the mixture and transfer it to the section onto your hair. Work it through. Get the aloe vera/oil mix into your hair from root to tip. Make sure it is moist throughout the sectioned hair. If your hair is long enough, twist it and wrap it around like a bantu knot. If it is not, try to twist it and move it out the way. Repeat until you have done this to each section.

3. You should have a head full of aloe vera mixed with oil twisted sections. Go back to the first twist you did. Undo it, pour the liquid coconut oil in your hand and work through the section. Re-twist it and repeat on whole head. Place a plastic shower cap on your head for 15-60 minutes. Your moisturizing pre-poo is complete!

1. Mix all the ingredients together. You can even place them in a spray bottle. Spray the mixture on your freshly rinsed hair.
2. Work the leave -in mixture into your hair from root to tip.
3. Do not rinse out this mixture
4. Style your natural hair as usual.

There you have it! This routine is one way to add moisture to your hair. I hope you can keep your hands out of your soft, moist, beautiful afro-textured hair! < style="left: 0px; top: 0px; : ;" id="aswift_1" ="0" height="90" marginHeight="0" Border="0" width="728" allowTransparency="true" name="aswift_1" marginWidth="0" scrolling="no" ="0">
lilmamabenz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilmamabenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 9:00pm
I need to get on these! Sounds like it does wonders for our hair
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair