Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Hair Growth Archives > Hair Growth Archives 2007
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPreparation H

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
mrshicks2002 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Preparation H
    Posted: Sep 24 2006 at 2:23pm

my mother said that someone told her about using preparation H and Vaseline to help hair loss and hair growth.

Could anyone tell me if they have used it and what they experience have been like.
Sponsored Links

LdySpartyLo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2006 at 9:26pm
I've never heard of that one, although I do know people who use Preparation H to minimize the bags under their eyes!! LOL

The ingredients in Prep H don't seem to suggest anything that could stimulate hair growth.  Here they are:  
Active Ingredients:   Preparation H is available in ointment, cream, gel, and suppository product forms. The Ointment contains Petrolatum 71.9%, Mineral Oil 14%, Shark Liver Oil 3% and Phenylephrine HCl 0.25%.
Shark liver oil does contain some healing properties so maybe that's what stimulates hair growth.  Here's a bit about shark liver oil:
Shark liver oil is rich in alkylglycerols, which are naturally found in mother's milk and in bone marrow. It also contains pristane, squalene, vitamins A and D, omega-3 fatty acids, triglycerides, glycerol ethers, and fatty alcohols.

Also with the petrolatum and mineral oil in Prep H, I'm sure there are other things that can improve hair growth that don't contain these pore-clogging ingredients.  If it's really the shark liver oil that helps the hair and scalp, maybe you should invesigate that for hair growth?
Claudie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2006 at 9:33pm
I concur with lady, the shark liver oil would be the ony ingredient in Preporation H to investigate.  Prep H produce some short term anesthetic effect to tissues, I do believe that it could constrict the hair follicles.
Phoenix1017 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2006 at 10:03pm
I think I remember some people on LHCF used it (or was it here on BHM?). I don't remember any results though. It was a while ago.

ETA - The search feature here is totally messed up so my search came out to 0.

Edited by Phoenix1017 - Sep 24 2006 at 10:06pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply