Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Pre-Nups Now Include Social Media Clause

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pre-Nups Now Include Social Media Clause
    Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 2:20pm
would you sign? LOL
saw this on a talk show today. I just said this in the Kandi thread. I didn't know people were doing it already. Makes sense though.

Prenups evolving to include new 'social media clause'

Prenuptial agreements are evolving to include new language called a "social media clause" that protects married couples - and exes - from a digital public relations disaster.

"When they have this social media clause, each party will agree not to post, tweet, or otherwise share via social media, positive, negative, insulting, embarrassing, or flattering images or content of the other," said New York-based attorney Ann-Margaret Carrozza.

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Each party can customize the prenup, but Carrozza recommends keeping it as broad as possible, to the point of including online postings that could be considered positive.

"Because we want to guard against someone being able to defend themselves by saying 'oh, I thought you looked good in that photo, that's why I shared that photo,' so I make the clause broad enough that I don't care what you thought, you weren't allowed to share any photo after the date of the break up," said Carrozza.

If someone breaks the contract after the couple splits, Carrozza said the "sanctions are monetary in nature."

With divorce rates at more than 50 percent, the chances of an ex seeking revenge could be high.

"Wouldn't you want some type of guarantee that an angry ex - with the press of a button - couldn't publicly humiliate you on a global scale, thereby causing you repetitional harm that will possibly derail your professional career?" Carrozza asked.

Manhattan-based psychotherapist Diane Spear said that while you hopefully can trust your partner to be reasonable and loving, sometimes people are not what they seem.

"You could see a side of someone you wouldn't have believed existed when you're flushed with the romance and newness of the marriage," said Spear.

Even though prenups can be considered negative or positive for a relationship moving forward, the social media aspect of the contract is considered by some to be a future sign of problems.

"If you're marrying someone and you're concerned that they're going to put a nude picture of you on the Internet, and you have to put that into a prenup - there's probably a problem in the relationship before you're even getting married," said New York-based attorney David Centeno.

Sponsored Links

ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 2:21pm
Dead
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 2:23pm
Standard in NDA's for a while now...and obviously an NDA should be an automatic part of the divorce settlement.

And with more states getting on the outlawing revenge PICS train, I'm not surprised.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 2:30pm
this is also why it's important to update your prenup periodically lol.

These such things didn't even exist when I got married -- in the dark ages
slayfresh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slayfresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 2:36pm
With the things that happen on FB, twitter and IG I can't be surprised at all. 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 2:41pm
when I first heard it I thought they were talking about a clause to prevent the person from posting any kind of pic of the other person on social media.  I was getting ready to call hub so we could LOL about it since he's already forbidden me from posting any pix of him these sites. It's ok tho since I rarely post any of me anyway so he doesn't have to worry.

but then I realized this was more specificLOL

Edited by PurplePhase - Jun 24 2014 at 2:42pm
slayfresh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slayfresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 2:45pm
I have seen so many things play out on FB and IG. Women are good for exposing their husbands affairs on FB and IG in full detail posting photos and no filter at all. It's better than Maury.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 2:46pm
I haven't seen any of that yet. I mostly see subliminals  .
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 2:49pm
But damn not even positive stuff?

Out to dinner with my loving husband???

Cant even post that??
Why not?
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 2:49pm
They shouldn't be thinking about marriage if they can't handle social media.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic