Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Hair Growth Archives > Hair Growth Archives 2007
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Forum LockedPrenatal vitamins in Shampoo

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
jamgal View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prenatal vitamins in Shampoo
    Posted: Feb 25 2007 at 2:03pm
Hey ladies,

I know this may sound weird but I was talking to my sister in law the other day about hair products and she told me a story about one of her friends that just got back from Texas.  She told me that her friend was sitting on the plane with a girl with long beautiful 4b hair and she asked her what her secret was to growing her hair long.  The girl told her that she crushes up prenatal vitamins and puts them in her shampoo.  Needless to say, when she told me this I thought: "What the heck?Shocked".  We've always been told that topical creams/ ointments/ growth aides cannot grow hair so why is it that this girl who once had about 2 inches of hair on her head is now at APL?  Please offer some insight ladies because the PJ in me wants to run to Walmart and buy some prenatal vitamins right now.  TIA.Embarrassed

Edited by jamgal - Feb 25 2007 at 2:10pm
Sponsored Links

LdySpartyLo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2007 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by jamgal jamgal wrote:

Hey ladies,

I know this may sound weird but I was talking to my sister in law the other day about hair products and she told me a story about one of her friends that just got back from Texas.  She told me that her friend was sitting on the plane with a girl with long beautiful 4b hair and she asked her what her secret was to growing her hair long.  The girl told her that she crushes up prenatal vitamins and puts them in her shampoo.  Needless to say, when she told me this I thought: "What the heck?Shocked".  We've always been told that topical creams/ ointments/ growth aides cannot grow hair so why is it that this girl who once had about 2 inches of hair on her head is now at APL?  Please offer some insight ladies because the PJ in me wants to run to Walmart and buy some prenatal vitamins right now.  TIA.Embarrassed

Hmm, vitamins in shampoo.  The problem I see is that you would have to grind the vitamins into a very fine powder in order to get it to mix well into your shampoo.  That's not really easy.  The other problem I see is I don't know if pulverizing the vitamins would make your hair/scalp absorb the nutrients. 

Another issue is frequency of use.  How often was this woman using the vitamin shampoo and what else was she doing to her hair - heat, no heat, protective styles, relaxer, no relaxer, etc?

Having said all that, I doubt it would hurt anything to mix some vitamins into your shampoo or conditioner, but you might want to look for something that will mix easier, like a liquid formula or a finely powdered vitamin.  Good luck!!!
jamgal View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2007 at 3:09pm

I have no idea what she did with her hair.  I may go and get a morter and pestle to grind them up.  The inner PJ yearns for growth.  Thanks Lady.

LdySpartyLo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2007 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by jamgal jamgal wrote:

I have no idea what she did with her hair.  I may go and get a morter and pestle to grind them up.  The inner PJ yearns for growth.  Thanks Lady.

Make it easier on yourself, jamgal, and do a Web search to see if someone sells liquid prenatal vitamins.  Please post any results from your experiment!
DT_SLIM View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2007 at 3:56pm
I know a couple of dominican ladies who do this and they have healthy hair.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply