Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Pregnant women working?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 13>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Marcelo22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcelo22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by purpulicious01 purpulicious01 wrote:

I'm the odd one out because I don't mind traditional roles. I have no issues with cooking, cleaning.

my husband = traditional role of being the provider and financially responsibility for the family.

u guys will stay together for a very long time Clap
Sponsored Links

PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 3:10pm
my days are numbered then lol
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 3:11pm
i like the idea of a traditional role… 

i like the man to be the man and me to be the submissive woman in my head… 
but most of the time my mouth and actions say different. 

idk.. we'll see how i feel whenever i get there. 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 3:13pm
sometime those roles will switch after a few years.
purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by JulieGianni JulieGianni wrote:

I worked up to my due date for both of my pregnancies.  I have two children under the age of 5 and I work full-time from home.  Not working has never been option in my marriage - but for long term reasons. I worked to hard to get to where I am professionally.  Dropping out of the workforce would just about guarantee that I would NEVER be able reenter at the same level or pay grade.  Also, the money I make now goes towards retirement and future savings for our kids.

Unless you and your S/O come from generational money, or your S/O is seriously independently wealthy (as in hedge fund billionaire money) I cannot fathom taking care of a child on one pay check.

You'd be surprised. There are many families that live comfortable off one income. 

I had only parent that worked outside the home and my family size is much larger than average. 

So it's definitely possible - it just requires financial management, budgeting, and setting clear goals. 
Marcelo22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcelo22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

That's how my sister was until my daddy told my brother in law to get it together.

He's good at handling business but is lazy at home.. He's much better now..

I would actually share duties. I think it's cute to be all domestic once in a while but nah most of the time we need to completely share..
Well I wouldn't take out trash or mow( I'd be out there gardening) or move furniture and things like that...

The man should do all that. I expect my woman to cook 5 times out of the week, I'll throw down on the weekends. But cleaning the bathroom, kitchen, etc is all on her. I'll do other things like make sure the car washed, lawn mowed, garbage out, etc. 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 3:23pm
cleaning the bathroom is on the wife? Even yours? Oh no
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 3:26pm
We paid others for the lawn and car washes too. Neither one of us wants to be traditional lol.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 3:27pm
^^or  has time to be
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

hoa cuts our lawn now

he wants to pant some different bushes and flowers

he can do all of that

I don't do plants....I'll pull weeds, that's it

you go girl LOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs