Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Pregnant women working?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Blac1Chyna View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Blac1Chyna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

on one hand we tell women to study hard, earn degrees then tell them as soon as the have a child to never work again....makes no sense

especially since many have to take out loans to get an education

i guess that depends what your career goals are and what is important to you. i wouldn't take a loan out to get my education b/c i don't like the idea of owing anyone anything. if i cant afford it thru scholarships and saving up then i just wont take it..

education is important if that's your personal goals and i would never say you should depend on a man...but yeah once i get married and have a kid im only working out of pleasure

people expect women to cook, clean, take care of kids, cat, dog, man AND WORK FULL TIME ON TOP OF THAT? chile please...whos really winning b/c it sure aint the wife. and that's even IF she gets married.a single mother has it much harder
Sponsored Links

melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

on one hand we tell women to study hard, earn degrees then tell them as soon as the have a child to never work again....makes no sense

especially since many have to take out loans to get an education

That's what I don't get.
Like others have said, if a person has a 5-15 year gap in employment depending on how the children are spaced what hope could she ever have of actually resuming the career she left?
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:50pm
I don't see him how working women don't share household duties.
Like why not?

I think it's crazy when men don't know how to do common chores or cook.

No thank
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:51pm
I don't see him how working women don't share household duties.
Like why not?

I think it's crazy when men don't know how to do common chores or cook.

No thank
Blac1Chyna View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blac1Chyna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:58pm
a lot of men expect women to do most of the household duties. I think a lot of them could do it if they lived on their own, but those are wifely duties that a wife or a live in gf would do. he has to pick up after himself he cant just be leaving skid marked draws on the floor, but she does the majority of the cleaning
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 2:00pm
That's how my sister was until my daddy told my brother in law to get it together.

He's good at handling business but is lazy at home.. He's much better now..

I would actually share duties. I think it's cute to be all domestic once in a while but nah most of the time we need to completely share..
Well I wouldn't take out trash or mow( I'd be out there gardening) or move furniture and things like that...

Edited by jonesable - Jun 09 2014 at 2:00pm
JulieGianni View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JulieGianni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 2:01pm
That's why two incomes are needed.  Hire somebody to clean.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 2:05pm
I like cleaning and making everything tidy.
Probably bc me and my sisters had so much fun cleaning...
And bc Pintrest has cute ideas

Maybe I'll change perspective when I'm at at Super comfortable salary but I like those little things.

I don't think I'm one of those ppl who like other ppl to do everything for them.

Edited by jonesable - Jun 09 2014 at 2:06pm
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 2:13pm
Lol did you let them come?
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

The US needs to adjust their parental leave.
That being said I would work when I'm pregnant..

Does everyone hate their jobs here lol?

Not me. I liked working. Yes, there were days when i was just tired and wanted to lay down. But one doesnt have to be pregnant to feel like that anyway, so.LOL
I liked all the extra attention. I didnt mind at all. 
Like somebody said, its not a disability.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>
  Share Topic