Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Pregnant women working?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 16>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

yeah leave plays a part too

I think being a stay at home mom is wonderful, but some do women choose to work or have to work and I don't see why we can't just look at the pros and cons of both situations

you have to pick what works best for you and your family and your goals

Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

Pregnancy is not a handicap or a disability. It's better for a woman's body to stay physically active during pregnancy.

That's not counting women who have pregnancy related complications, of course.

Edited by Wildfire - Jun 09 2014 at 1:06pm
Sponsored Links

SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Blac1Chyna Blac1Chyna wrote:

I saw these really nice pregnant woman at Walmart and I felt bad. she was a skinny little thing but her stomach was huge, had to be at least 7 months. we chatted a little bit, she was sweet and adorable. her baby daddy out to be ashamed of himself

I plan on morphing into a rich white woman when I get pregnant. I aint doing sh*t but having my hair braided because perms are bad for the baby, watching my shows and working out a little. but not working...well maybe up until 3-4 months. then I will just use my maternity leave and vacation.

I think it should be mandatory that companies have at least 1 year of maternity leave for women

I agree with this
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:13pm
I don't know if maysay is finally saying what she always meant 

Or not 

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:14pm

i do NOT want a man who wants me to work!! i want my kids to go to daycare for socialization but i wont be working like i used to. do you think it will be easy finding an African American man who go for that? most of them seem to want a woman to work 2 jobs and do backflips like superwomen so idk how they feel about this pampered white woman lifestyle im tryna have

I have 4 friends (I only have black friends) that are/will be stay at home moms for the most part

two are in their 50s and rarely if ever work....they only do so when they want to

another does a very easy work from home job, that I honestly don't consider it a full time job

another is actually on the fence, her husband does not want her to work, but she wants to (sort of)

*oh wait one of them (one of the older ladies) is married to a latin guy....

Edited by SamoneLenior - Jun 09 2014 at 1:14pm
purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:15pm
America needs A LOT of improvement on it's maternity leave. 

Many business/companies also view starting a family as detrimental to employees' productivity. 

I know of women who lost their jobs because their bosses (always men) discovered they were expecting and thought it would interfere with their work. 

Just another reason why we need more women in leadership positions, especially within companies.

Mommy friendly companies are vital to career women being successful. 

Edited by purpulicious01 - Jun 09 2014 at 1:17pm
Blac1Chyna View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Blac1Chyna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:19pm
how can maternity leave issues be changed? not just in 1 company but overall/...i never gave this issue a thought but i might want to have kids some time in the near future and this is worrying me. 3-4 months just isn't enough time and you shouldn't have to use your vacation as maternity leave, that's just not fair.
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:26pm
Every Mom deserves strong financial, emotional, active support

It just isn't reality, every mom doesn't have a wealthy husband or wealthy family or a sugar daddy

And just have to do what they do

Ideal? No, but many make it just fine

india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:27pm
President Obama made every effort to help with maternity leave , but the fools fail to pass many of the bills . I would advise any first time mom to stay home for the first 6 months if possible . I can't describe the feeling of bonding with your baby . Now if you are on the bus stop with 5 toddlers and a infant , while the man drives around in a benz ? I can't stand with you .  Leave that dog . Work pt while attending some type of school . I agree with purpul .. Heart 
purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:29pm

how can maternity leave issues be changed? not just in 1 company but overall/...i never gave this issue a thought but i might want to have kids some time in the near future and this is worrying me. 3-4 months just isn't enough time and you shouldn't have to use your vacation as maternity leave, that's just not fair.

^ Read The Price of Motherhood: Why The World's Most Important Job is Still the Least Valued.

In one part of the book, the author specifically discusses how our companies aren't accepting of mothers (from negative attitudes towards mom to inadequate maternity leave) and she gives suggestions on improving the issue overall.

Great book.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:33pm

on one hand we tell women to study hard, earn degrees then tell them as soon as the have a child to never work again....makes no sense

especially since many have to take out loans to get an education
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 16>
  Share Topic