BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pregnant women working?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Blac1Chyna View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Blac1Chyna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pregnant women working?
    Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:17am
How do you feel about pregnant women having to work? I don't want to have to work while I'm pregnant. I think a woman should just be able to relax and be leisurely during her pregnancy. she shouldn't have to work unless of course its something with no labor and she feels like it. I would be pissed if I got pregnant and had to work because my husband couldn't afford to take care of me. It's kind of scary because there are so many physical things a woman has to deal with while being with child so why add job stess on top of that?
Sponsored Links

Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:20am
They just had this discussion in If you Need Daycare you Dont deserve kids or something like that thread. It didnt end well....
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:23am
Pregnancy is not a handicap or a disability. It's better for a woman's body to stay physically active during pregnancy.

That's not counting women who have pregnancy related complications, of course.

Edited by melikey - Jun 09 2014 at 11:25am
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:28am

well seeing as many households in America are dual income households....and then you have single mother households many women do work during pregnancy

both spouses working

Of married couples, 67 percent are in dual-income households.  This is a large jump from the 1960s.

also a nice number actually want to work....you know why? because they want to have a career

another reason they like making money

depending on your job you can work from home....yes it is still work but you don't have to go into the office

Edited by SamoneLenior - Jun 09 2014 at 11:29am
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:37am
I didn't work while I was pregnant. I got way too sick and when I returned to my job they were not working with me so I just quit.
I know a lot of moms around my age (not married), they worked up until the couldn't anymore and feel like they're proving some point... that's fine for them. 
Some who even have 2 jobs, because they really need the money.
& i know some who didn't, I wouldn't recommend 2 jobs.
I enjoyed taking it easy. 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:38am

2012 Family Income

Current Population Survey

Edited by SamoneLenior - Jun 09 2014 at 11:41am
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:43am
Power couple ftw.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:43am
In the UK.. Most women choose to work with 6 months mat leave 3 subsidised by the govt

A friend who works in the city said she wanted longer but didn't want a gap in her cv.

My wife will decide if she wants to or not
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:46am
Either marry someone whos income allows you the luxury or save the money until you can.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:53am

yeah leave plays a part too

some companies have separate maternity leave for the mother (e.g., 3 months) that does not use short term disability or vacation time

some companies even have paternity leave (e.g., 3 months) that is also separate from all other paid time off

I think being a stay at home mom is wonderful, but some do women choose to work or have to work and I don't see why we can't just look at the pros and cons of both situations

you have to pick what works best for you and your family and your goals

I also think this is a discussion you and your partner need to have while you are dating and after you get married. Continue to have it because people change

understand how pregnant women are treated in your industry

know your company's leave policy

I shared this before but my mom was able to take off 3 years when my brother was born and go back to same same position in the 1970s

When she had me in the 80s she could only take off 3 months and be able to go back to her same position, she worked at the same company

her income did not go towards the household bills, my mother liked working and liked where she worked

Edited by SamoneLenior - Jun 09 2014 at 11:53am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>