Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Telletell View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pregnancy and Weight Gain/Loss
    Posted: Nov 11 2007 at 2:53pm
I am not pregnant or planning one (yet), but I plan to have my first in a few years after I am married. Every since my sis had her baby, I've always imagined how my pregnancies will go and have been naturally curious.

Anyways, now that I got that out so you guys won't think I'm a pyscho lolLOL. How did you maintain your weight during pregnancy and prevent yourself from gaining a mass amount of weight that is not beneficial to you nor the baby?

I see so many people gaining 60-100 pounds and I just do not want that to be me. I just can imagine 70 lbs on me and I just feel like my poor bones will just have so much pressure on them. Not to mention my other organs trying to compensate for that fast amount of weight gain. I feel kinda wrong about being superficial and thinking about my body while trying to house another human being, but mama gotta live after the baby too.Wink I just figure the more weight you gain the harder it will be to loose it.

Anyways, what did you do to keep from gaining so much weight? How much did you gain? How long did it take you to get the weight off? Did you feel healthy during/after your pregnancy?

Any other things that you want to add to this thread that's related to the topic will be greatly noted. TIA!
Sponsored Links

TayMac View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2007 at 7:52pm
Pre pregnancy I was 108lbs and at the end I was 135lbs. What kept the weight off for me I THINK was the fact that I had bad (not severe) morning sickness. There were some select things that I could eat and that was that. I didn't eat double portions b/c I was "eating for two."

I dropped the weight pretty fast and did get back down to my original weight as I was breastfeeding but when I cut down on that and completely stopped my weight has started to rise. I'm at 117lbs now which is in a good range for my height 5'3 but it doesn't look good on me IMO. So I will be exercising and doing whatever else I can to drop about 10lbs.
UrbanElegance View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2007 at 10:48am
Originally posted by TayMac TayMac wrote:

Pre pregnancy I was 108lbs and at the end I was 135lbs. What kept the weight off for me I THINK was the fact that I had bad (not severe) morning sickness. There were some select things that I could eat and that was that. I didn't eat double portions b/c I was "eating for two."

I dropped the weight pretty fast and did get back down to my original weight as I was breastfeeding but when I cut down on that and completely stopped my weight has started to rise. I'm at 117lbs now which is in a good range for my height 5'3 but it doesn't look good on me IMO. So I will be exercising and doing whatever else I can to drop about 10lbs.

How can you prevent the weight gain after you finish breastfeeding? Is it best to just watch calories/carbs and increase your exercise routine?
TayMac View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2007 at 11:03am
Yes that's it exactly. I had a big appetite when breastfeeding and it carried over after I stopped so I must cut back on calories and do lots of cardio.
Telletell View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2007 at 5:18pm
Aww thank you for sharing Tay!!
Chameleonchick View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2007 at 1:45pm

first pregnancy start weight was 125.7 pounds, end weight right before I gave birth 132, after birth 117 pounds. Right at the weight requirements (army) for my height. Second pregnancy start weight 127 pounds, weight now (34 weeks) 128 pounds. Why? I eat the same way several small meals just different foods as i would on a normal basis. It is soo crazy my fam said i was gonna blow up this time but I didn't. At least I didn't lose my butt this time. It took me six weeks to even back out after I had my son.

talkalotgirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2007 at 3:07pm
I only read the OP and I feel like I have gained reasonably.  I am 29 weeks and have gained 23 lbs.  Which is where I should be, according to books, etc.

I work on my feet, run around all day and I believe that's what has helped me.  I eat well, I go to the gym and I am mindful of not eating a bunch of junk.  I still go to the gym and lift weights as well.

Many people have to compensate for their starting size so they gain a lot of weight, they say nature will do what it needs to do to keep the baby healthy. 

I think you just have to be careful and pray your body doesn't need to gain too much weight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compared to the other ladies...I am way beyond knowledge to share.  Confused  They sound like they know what to do. 

Edited by talkalotgirl - Dec 11 2007 at 3:20pm
Shortee View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2007 at 8:39am
The weird thing is I've been losing weight since I found out about the pregnancy, but before the baby I was gaining like crazy. I was happy with the wieight gain, but now I'm getting skinny again and I hate it. I don't want to eat like a pig because I don't want to just blow up too fast. I don't have any stretch marks from my first pregnancy ten years ago and I don't want to acquire any this time around.
talkalotgirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2007 at 8:21pm
Z
sounds like your metabolism is healthy, eating actually kicks metabolism into high grear.  That's why they say breakfast is so important.  Or your body goes into starvation mode and you hold fat.

here's what what to expect says about weight gaoin in pregnancy

Breakdown of weight gain (all weights are apporoximate)
Baby                                   7.5 lbs
Placenta                             1.5 lbs
Amniotic Fluid                     2 lbs
Uterine Enlargement          2 lbs
Maternal Breast Tissue      2 lbs   
Maternal Blood Volume      4 lbs
Fluids in Maternal Tissue    4 lbs
Maternal Fat Stores            7 lbs

my OB told me this week, b/c now I am up to 28 lbs....I am doing the right things, eating and excercising, so just go to the gym more if it bothers me, but I am doing everything right.  Some people do all the right things and gain and some do all the wrong things and don't gain much.  So, just don't stress about it.  She also said, all of it's not baby, so continue to be mindful.  She's very laid back, and I am not so, sometimes....I have to just take what she says.  She also said, the baby's a parasite Shocked and will steal all it needs from you so make sure you are getting everything you need nutritionally or you will suffer in the long run.  I.E. osteroperosis, Iron deficency, etc.
*~Mz Diva~* View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2007 at 11:04am
I think I'm gaining too much, but then again my doctor hasn't mentioned anything about being unhealthy, maybe she will at my next appt.  I thought that any kind of weight loss during pregnancy wasn't good??  I wanted to lose weight at the beginning but was told that it would be unhealthy and that it would be wiser to wait until after the baby's born.  Iono...
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic