nella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Precious Seed
    Posted: Oct 08 2008 at 10:35am
Todays Topic: PRECIOUS SEED
Author: Jerry Savelle
Verse(s): John 3:16

Today's Confession: “I will give God my precious seed because He has done so much for me.”

Devotional:
When you give to God with the attitude that no one else could ever do for you what He has done for you, and that no one else could ever love you the way He has loved you, and no one else could have gotten you out of those impossible situations like He has, and no one else could have ever given you peace in the midst of a storm like He did, then your giving is no longer a debt that you owe. It becomes a seed of love.

It’s what the Bible calls precious seed. It is precious in the eyes of God. ”He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves (or harvest) with him.” Psalm 126:6

Bearing what kind of seed? Precious seed. Noah Webster’s dictionary defines precious as of great value or worth. It also says that precious means highly valued and with great or much esteem.

Precious seed is your best seed. When you give God your precious seed, in your mind you are saying that God is the best thing that has ever happened in your life. What happens to the person who sows with precious seed? He comes back rejoicing bringing his harvest with him.

Isn’t that what Abraham did? He didn’t give to God out of religious obligation. He didn’t say, “Oh, I had better do this or God won’t make me rich.” He gave with gladness of heart. I believe many people in the Body of Christ have missed out on a whole lot of blessings just because they’ve had the wrong attitude. Once again, it’s not a debt you owe, but a seed you sow.

Think about it. John 3:16 says, “…For God so loved the world, that He gave . . .” God loved and God gave. Loving and giving go together. It should be the same with us. If we truly love God, then we will give to Him. We will give to Him out of every area of our life, including our finances.

Give to Him out of love, not out of duty.

Give to Him your precious seed. Doesn’t He deserve it? Hasn’t He been good to you? We’ve all faced hard times but God never let us down. Therefore, we all have something to be grateful for. God has done so much for each and every one of us.

Sponsored Links

Zuriel View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2008 at 6:53am
Smile
Gezelle View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2008 at 12:01pm
Thanks Nella!Tongue
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair