Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > My Spirituality > Inspirational Scriptures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Praying for Change

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Praying for Change
    Posted: Aug 29 2012 at 6:18pm

Praying for Change

By Dr. Charles Stanley

Read | James 5:16

Hanging above the door in our house, my mother's favorite plaque constantly reminded us, "Prayer changes things." From an early age, I witnessed this powerful truth through her example. She'd tell me about some difficulties she was facing and then have me pray about them with her. And later, she'd always be sure to give God the glory when sharing the awesome news that He had answered those prayers.

Indeed, this is our confidence: Anything we pray for that aligns with the Father's plan will be granted. And the more time we spend with Him, the more we'll come to understand His will and how to pray for it.

Remember, prayer doesn't change God's mind, but it does transform the believer's heart. Some requests are granted immediately, simply because we asked with the realization that our Father loves to give us good gifts. Other requests may require time or certain divine preparations before they can be given. We, meanwhile, must simply be diligent to persevere in prayer.

Whatever the Lord's response or timing, we trust that He has only the very best in store for His children. That means we might not receive exactly what we're asking for, but something even better. Such is God's great pleasure, for He alone perfectly knows each heart's desire and wishes to fulfill it.

Our most powerful tool for shaping the world and lives around us is always available. Prayer lets us witness God's hand in any situation. And as we give attention, time, and perseverance to conversation with Him, we find no limit to what He can achieve in people's hearts and circumstances.

Sponsored Links

bk2la981 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bk2la981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2012 at 4:00pm
See Nella, you did it again. It never occurred to me to have my daughter pay with me about difficulties I face without her or even her own difficulties. I usually just pray for her. Even though this wasnt the gist of the devotion, this part opened my eyes. Thank you.
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2012 at 4:56am
keep it up nellaSmile
ifeyini View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ifeyini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2012 at 10:14pm
Hug
Zuriel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zuriel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2012 at 12:36pm
Clap
lolabelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lolabelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2012 at 12:26pm
Amen, I needed to hear this .
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2014 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by nella nella wrote:

Remember, prayer doesn't change God's mind, but it does transform the believer's heart.

Great reminder. When we are not getting the prayer answered, we could ask in prayer for God to show us what is best for us; that way we won't be continually asking God for something that He has already said "no" but we didn't want to hear it.

sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 9:24pm

Have faith and expect change to come

Day 197

Good Morning Brothers and Sisters,

I hope and pray that all is well with you and your family. Start your day with
God by having faith for the change that you need to happen in your life. Jesus
will be all the change that you need. He will supply all of your needs, He will
heal your body and bring peace and solace in your mind. Jesus the Christ will
cause you to live an abundant life in Him one you submit to His change of life
style. “Bring forth fruit that is consistent with repentance [let your lives
prove your change of heart];” (Matt 3:8 AMP) So be encouraged this morning and
expect to see the change happen in your life as you live to please Jesus Christ.

“For in the Gospel a righteousness which God ascribes is revealed, both
springing from faith and leading to faith [disclosed through the way of faith
that arouses to more faith]. As it is written, The man who through faith is just
and upright shall live and shall live by faith. ” (Rom 1:17 AMP)

Challenge of the day: Have enough faith in God to witness a true change in you.
Your change will come when you decide and expect the change that is needed in
you.

To God be the glory for all things
Start Your Day With God
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training