PRAYER POWER POINTS
By Pastor Winston and Veronica Winston
Luke 18:1 in the Amplified Bible says, "Also [Jesus] told them a parable to the effect that they ought always to pray and not to turn coward (faint, lose heart, and give up)".
- Prayer is an essential part of the Christian's life
- Believers with a fruitless life have a non-existent prayer life
- Prayer is the thing that when done in secret, God will reward openly.
- Most successful ministries or businesses have much to do with prayer
- Jesus, Himself, had a prayer life. He is our example.
- Every Believer needs to get a revelation of prayer: know the power, the priority, and the principles of prayer.
- Most of the work Jesus did was done through prayer
- Prayer is basically communing and fellowshipping with God. It's not one-way. God talks, too.
- Prayer is not silent. When you pray, say . . .
Reasons to pray:
- Prayer allows God to work
- Prayer lays the track where the locomotive or the power of God can go and do the work that needs to be done
- There is a war out there and an enemy of all righteousness called Satan, and his demons are out there to destroy people's lives and we want to rescue the people.
- Prayer allows God's will to be done here in the earth
- Prayer provides a channel for God to work
- Prayer keeps us God-inside minded
- Prayer is a means of fellowship with God, and God likes our fellowship.
- Prayer keeps God's desire in your heart
- Prayer is a command, not an option for the Believer.
- Prayer releases the very power of God
- Prayer divinely energizes you (see Jude vs. 20)
- Spirit-led prayer keeps the answer before you
As a Believer in Jesus Christ, you have been given authority in prayer. You can take the authority that God has given you to the place of prayer. You can take dominion over everything in the earth that is outside of the will of God. You must put God's Word in your mouth and in your heart, mix it with faith, and decree through words of righteousness His will in the earth. This will release God and the angels to act on your behalf as you are a co-laborer with Him in establishing His kingdom in all the earth.
Your prayer life is the launching pad for your day. In your place of prayer, you get your assignments for the day.
Reasons why you need a personal prayer life:
- So you can frame your world for that day. You cannot separate prayer and the Word of God.
- There is a spiritual outlaw on the loose (Satan) and he thinks he is in control
- God wants to talk to you. He has your answers, not man.
- God wants to reveal how your future fits in with His plan
- God wants you to ask so He can answer. John 15:7 says, ask whatever you will and it shall be done. The prerequisite is abiding in Him and letting His Word abide in you.
- Prayer provides a baseline to stabilize your thoughts and reference points
- Prayer creates a sensitivity to the spirit realm
- You possess the land during your time of prayer
- Prayer keeps you from becoming spiritually dull
The more emphasis you put on personal prayer, the more blessings begin to come.
To establish your prayer life, you must:
- Make a quality decision that you're going to spend quality time in prayer every day
- Have a relentless pursuit
- Find out what works best for you; you can't start where someone else is, but you can start where you are.