Prank Calls To Fast Food Restaurants

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prank Calls To Fast Food Restaurants
    Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 10:53am
I just finished watching the movie Compliance, which was based on true events. So I had to look more into the main case that led to the arrest of the prank caller. Anyways

"In 2004, a man named David Stewart was arrested in Panama City, FL, in connection with a series of prank calls to fast food restaurants around the country, in which he had allegedly impersonated a police officer and convinced managers to detain and strip search female employees that he accused of theft."

His last prank call led to the sexual assault of a teenage McDonald's employee. I've never heard about these incidences before seeing the movie. The movie is really unbelievable and the fact it is true is even crazier.

There is an article about the movie and it includes a run down of the psychology to explain the victims' thinking process:
http://www.examiner.com/article/movie-review-compliance

Sponsored Links

danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 10:56am
I've heard of it. Svu did an episode on it.
mzmee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote mzmee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 11:01am
Wow. And please tell me it was a gullible white owner that participated in this foolishness?

Ain't no way anybody is gonna CALL my business and convince me to touch anyone. First line "Officer, if you want people strip searched, you have my address. I'll advise you to do it as this is clearly not a part of my job description" *Tone*
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 11:06am
There were so many questions that should have been asked. I mean there were times in the movie I couldn't even be mad at the prank caller because it was so obvious that it wasn't real by some of the things he was saying and they were just complying.
HowardAlumAKA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HowardAlumAKA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 11:14am
Is it on Netflix? This sounds interesting
Starrygurl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starrygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 11:32am
Wait is this the same one with the girl at Wendy's or McDonald? She was 16 or 18? She later went or 60 mins or one of those shows? I don't know why the hell those fools who worked with ther actually listen to the person on the phone.
If I was her I would be like Angry I quit bye. I do feel a little sad for her, why girl did she just leave? Was the other guy arrested also who she was force by?!
They really think a cop would call and ask for that person to have sex. WTF. I hope she sued them.

Edited by Starrygurl - Jan 07 2013 at 11:34am
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 11:34am
I watched that movie...I was very puzzled with how easily they complied. I need to read the police reports to know how much was real and how much was movie
laceyfront View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laceyfront Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 2:05pm

What did the "cop" ask the worker to do? Go inside the girls vag with fingers? I do remember hearing about this, it was a female manager wasn't it?

khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:26pm
No he didn't tell the female manager to do a cavity search, he asked her to have a male employee or a male she trusted to watch her for security reasons...the lady got a male employee and he told the "cop" he wasn't searching her and so the lady called her "fiance" to come and he was the one that sexually assaulted her because he was "complying" with the "cop" on the phone...which is sick because he was a grown man and really should have known that was not right.

They sued McDonald's because the incident happened prior and they didn't send a memo warning other stores about the prank calls..but this was the only one that led to a sexual assault..the case is baffling and the caller was acquitted of all charges.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 10:13pm
The caller was aquitted?  smh
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>