Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
AshleyRaQ_G View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: POTENTIAL Growth Aid for $1? *Review on pg 2*
    Posted: Jan 26 2011 at 10:56am
Sooo I was in the dollar tree....lol yes the dollar tree and I noticed a new line of hair care products called Lusti Organics. There is a moisturizing shampoo, an olive oil oil sheen, holding spray and olive oil detangling spray. I was interested in the detangling spray and the ingredients look awesome for a $1 product...even though there are a few ingredients that are questionable. I love the way this smells (kind of like a knock-off of Surge) and will use it.  

Here are the ingredients from the back of the bottle:

Water,Olive Oil extract, Sulfur, Aloe vera extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Pathenol, Vitamin E, Vitamin A, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Polyparaben,Pathenol DL, Hyadantoin DMDM, Dimethicone, Polysorbate-20, PEG-75 Lanolin, Benzophenone-4, Methylchloroisothiazolinone,Methylsothaizolinone, Nettle Leaf, Pinetree cone,Burdock root, Roman Chamomile flower, Ivy Leaf, Mountain arnica flower, Garlic, Watercrest plant,Fragrance, FD&C Yellow No. 5, FD&C Blue No. 1.

Black: Great for Hair & Scalp Health: I like these

Black: Could contribute to increased growth rate or decrease shedding or hair loss

Black: ummmm? could find no specific benefit for hair or scalp

Red: Not the healthiest thing to use on scalp

Green: Iffy...no idea what this is!

Burgundy: Good for detangling; not the best for scalp use

Picture:

Lusti Organics Olive Oil Detangling Spray is a tangle free conditioning spray with Olive Oil and Amino Proteins to strengthen damaged hair.

It amazingly neutralizes unpleasant scalp odors and leaves the hair smelling fresh and clean. 

It provides manageability for unruly and hard to comb hair while reducing breakage and eliminating frizz.

Key Organic Ingredients:

·        Olive Oil Extract

·        Aloe Vera Extract

·        Hydrolyzed Soy Protein

·        Vitamin E

·        Vitamin A

·        Panthenol

·        Nettle Leaf

·        Pine Tree Cone

·        Burdock

·        Roman Chamomile

·        Ivy Leaf

·        Mountain Arnica Flower

·        Garlic

·        Watercress Plant

What do you think? YAY or NAY for Lusti Organics as a potential growth aid? Personally, I'd use it as a braid spray, or as a pre-poo detangler definately; I'm never consistent with growth aids but for those who are....or have more insight about the ingredients what do you think?

Edited by AshleyRaQ_G - Jan 30 2011 at 6:17pm
Sponsored Links

un4getableview View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2011 at 11:11am
keeping an eye on this; i wanna know too
MissMesha View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2011 at 11:27am
Methylchloroisothiazolinone is not a good ingredient at all. If I remember correctly, it does something to help with the prevention of bacteria and fungus, but it can also cause neurological disorders overtime if used frequently. I'm pretty sure there isn't enough of this ingredient in the product though for it to be a major problem, but the fact that it's still in there is bad enough. 

However, the top ingredients listed do sound tempting. I've never seen this product at any of my local Dollar Trees though. Thanks for the info!
krisviola1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2011 at 11:38am
Originally posted by MissMesha MissMesha wrote:

Methylchloroisothiazolinone is not a good ingredient at all. If I remember correctly, it does something to help with the prevention of bacteria and fungus, but it can also cause neurological disorders overtime if used frequently. I'm pretty sure there isn't enough of this ingredient in the product though for it to be a major problem, but the fact that it's still in there is bad enough. 

However, the top ingredients listed do sound tempting. I've never seen this product at any of my local Dollar Trees though. Thanks for the info!

Methylchloroisothiazolinone and it's sister methylisothiazolinone are two really good preservatives.  It's actually dangerous to buy a product without any preservatives.  Since they're used in such small quantities, I usually look for products with the advertised ingredients (usually something like olive, shea, aloe, or other extracts) that are listed before the preservatives.  That's one of the reasons I switched to Hydralicious conditioner over Aussie Moist conditioner.

OP, the product you found looks really good.  I'd give it a try.  You better buy it up before all the other BHM girls get in there and take the stock.
slayfresh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2011 at 11:41am
I saw this and almost picked it up then decided against it for some reason. keep me posted.
MissMesha View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2011 at 11:51am
Originally posted by krisviola1 krisviola1 wrote:

Originally posted by MissMesha MissMesha wrote:

Methylchloroisothiazolinone and it's sister methylisothiazolinone are two really good preservatives.  It's actually dangerous to buy a product without any preservatives.  Since they're used in such small quantities, I usually look for products with the advertised ingredients (usually something like olive, shea, aloe, or other extracts) that are listed before the preservatives.  That's one of the reasons I switched to Hydralicious conditioner over Aussie Moist conditioner.

OP, the product you found looks really good.  I'd give it a try.  You better buy it up before all the other BHM girls get in there and take the stock.

Yeah, I agree with you. I'm sure it's not enough in the product to be considered a safety hazard as it would be if it the methylchlorosothiazolinone was one of the top ingredients. Thanks for clarifying that for me.
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2011 at 12:21pm
The major ingredients (first 5) looks good. The remaining ingredients are minimal in quantity to have much negative effect. 
 Do not let the price turn you off. If you don't like it, it would not be a great loss.  I am sure we have all bought products costing much more, and had to discard them.
All I've got in my area is '99 cents only' stores. Never seen anything like this, but will start paying closer attention.

Clap
AshleyRaQ_G View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2011 at 8:38am
Will do!...2moro is wash day and I'll use it before & after my wash and come back with a review.
natural essence View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2011 at 9:10am
go for it .....it's only a buck!
love_akihsoy View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2011 at 9:49am
Originally posted by natural essence natural essence wrote:

go for it .....it's only a buck!

This.

Like everyone else said, the first few ingredients aren't bad, let us know how it works for you!
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic