Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Breakage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Post-relaxer breakage :'(

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Talisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Post-relaxer breakage :'(
    Posted: Oct 11 2010 at 6:08pm
Ok so it's day 3 post-relaxer and Im experiencing what I think is more than my avg hair breakage. I relaxed my hair on friday and today & yesterday ive just been seeing alot of fallout more than usual. Im thinnking I need a protein treatment to control the sudden breakage?

Im scared b/c Im wondering if maybe my hairdresser left the relaxer in too long. This is the first time shes done my hair with so much breakage. Also, because I couldnt stay to set & go under the dryer she just blow-dried me & flat ironed. Could this diffference be also causing the breakage?

Pls rememebr that the last 2 times she did my hair I was fine.
help!
Sponsored Links

LadyCC View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2010 at 9:26pm
Did she neutralize long enough?  
Talisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2010 at 9:57pm
I realy cant say what she did wrong this time as opposed to before...I just really wanna fix the problem before it gets any worse
Talisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2010 at 9:52am
BUMP
Lady Gem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Gem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2010 at 10:03am
Sweetheart your relaxer day is not time to be in a rush, you need to be paying attention. Make sure she does everything right. Make sure she bases, relaxes ONLY new growth, make sure she don't leave it in too long, make sure she neutralises long enough, and put a protein treatment in your hair after. And i think you OD'ed on the direct heat too especially if she didnt neutralise long enough. Also on your wash day before your relaxer do a protein treatment.

With all that said I AM SO SORRY!!! I really do feel for you.  I know it sucks but sit tight cus its too soon to be washing your hair. Wait about 10 days then you need to CHELATE and do a PROTEIN TREATMENT. Good luck with everything.  
Talisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2010 at 3:51pm
Ten days?? I wana do that protein treatment TODAY :(
Talisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2010 at 3:58pm
my hair is breaking incessantly, i dont think i can wait TEN days
pinkrabbit View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkrabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2010 at 4:07pm
You know your own hair, so do what you must to save it, but If I was in your situation, I'd do another neutralizer, just to make sure to remove any relaxer residue and mix a little protein conditioner with some moisturizing conditioner and deep condition and just to see what happens......but don't use a strong protein.

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=280008&title=divasmooth-aphogee-ceramides-stopped-b

Lady Gem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Gem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2010 at 4:44pm
Do u usually wash ur hair this quick after you get a relaxer? Its your hair do whatever you think is best. 
AllyOrNotAlly View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllyOrNotAlly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2010 at 5:17pm
D: I hope the breakage stops sooon
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style