Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Texturizers
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Post your texturizer results...Pretty Please :)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Post your texturizer results...Pretty Please :)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Lrigyttiw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lrigyttiw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2010 at 1:11pm

Edited by Lrigyttiw - Oct 30 2010 at 1:31pm
Sponsored Links

Lrigyttiw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lrigyttiw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2010 at 1:13pm
My hair growth journey started here on April 2009 - took my boyfriend's clippers and shaved my head:

Various months and stages of growth in 2010:

most recent (this month):

For those who want to know, all I use on my hair is conditioner. I use MegaTek once a month (when I think about it). I wash my hair once a month, but I co-wash every week (except on the shampoo week). I use over the counter stuff like Tressemme Moisture Rich or Smooth & Silky, I use the Organix brand (love the Vanilla Silk), I use the 99 cents VO5 conditioners and the cheap Suave conditioners also. I think the best thing for me is not applying any heat to my hair. When I want to wear my hair straight (which is not often), I'll put on a lace wig. Other than that, I'm just a wash and go gal.

Edited by Lrigyttiw - Oct 30 2010 at 3:04pm
AfroBella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AfroBella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2010 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Lrigyttiw Lrigyttiw wrote:

My hair growth journey started here on April 2009 - took my boyfriend's clippers and shaved my head:

Various months and stages of growth in 2010:

most recent (this month):

For those who want to know, all I use on my hair is conditioner. I use MegaTek once a month (when I think about it). I wash my hair once a month, but I co-wash every week (except on the shampoo week). I use over the counter stuff like Tressemme Moisture Rich or Smooth & Silky, I use the Organix brand (love the Vanilla Silk), I use the 99 cents VO5 conditioners and the cheap Suave conditioners also. I think the best thing for me is not applying any heat to my hair. When I want to wear my hair straight (which is not often), I'll put on a lace wig. Other than that, I'm just a wash and go gal.
I LOVE your hair!  You are on my list for TexLax Shero!  Which of the conditioners that you use are safe for Leave in/Conditioner only methods? Which is your favorite?
Lrigyttiw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lrigyttiw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2010 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Lrigyttiw Lrigyttiw wrote:

Originally posted by AfroBella AfroBella wrote:

I LOVE your hair!  You are on my list for TexLax Shero!  Which of the conditioners that you use are safe for Leave in/Conditioner only methods? Which is your favorite?

Lol... everything I listed in my paragraph. I use a different conditioner everyday. I lightly rinse my hair in the mornings just to get it wet, so I know I have a little build up from the day before. Then I use the conditioner as a leave in. I love the Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship right now. I also love the Tressemme lines I mentioned above. I really love Silk Elements Luxury Moisturizing conditioner. It smells so good.  I'm not into figuring out cones and stuff like that. If it smells good, I'm buying it.

An important thing to note - I only comb my hair maybe once or twice a month. All the other days, I just finger comb my hair and let it airdry.
AfroBella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AfroBella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2010 at 11:52am
Thank you!  I am going to try some of the conditioners you mentioned and try the conditioner only method.  Big smile  I'm with you on the cones and what not.  My hair is so difficult sometimes I simply have to use what works..cones, mineral oils, carnuba waxes,sulfates, lol ...whatever works, I cant be trippin!  LOL
hautsdeseine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hautsdeseine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2010 at 4:09pm
Your hair look so good... And you had hudge growth in 1.5 year congrats. I just big choped like you i hope in 1.5 i will acheive your length. Do you tave vits?
Lrigyttiw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lrigyttiw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2010 at 11:26am
I used to. When I can remember, I take 5000 mgs of Biotin. I think my success with growth is to just leave my hair alone, meaning, not comb it that often and absolutely no heat. I either use a headband, little clippy things in the front, or slicking it back into a puff with Ecogel and conditioner.
skittles2j View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skittles2j Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2010 at 12:25pm

That is too cute.  I'm going to have to give that a try.  Have you ever tried to straigten it?  What's the outcome when you do?  Do you have any pictures of that?

cj  http://HairStoreAddict.com

Lrigyttiw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lrigyttiw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2010 at 2:15am

skittles2j, I will never straighten my hair again. If I want straight hair, I'll put on a straight lace wig, which is not that often. I've come to accept my curly hair as is. I also like that my hair doesn't look like everyone else's. That Chris Rock movie really hit home for me. The less I have to do to it, the better off I am.

HoneyS7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoneyS7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2010 at 2:23am
I loovvve your hair texture LRIGY!!!
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic