Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Texturizers
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Post your texturizer results...Pretty Please :)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Post your texturizer results...Pretty Please :)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>

Author
HoneyS7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoneyS7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2012 at 7:34am
Originally posted by Coiled up Coiled up wrote:

Heyyyyy! Yes yes yes! I finally texlaxed and baaaaaby It came out great. I did it myself, I used mild motions oil relaxer, I added evo & tressemme to the relaxer ( bcz I truly just wanted loosened not straightened) also I had been in twists for so long...too long, and I hadn't had a relaxer in over a year so my thought process was be under processed rather than over...if there was a mistake. Anyhow I used aphogee 2 min before I neutralized and did a deep condi after I neutralized 5xs 1 two washings I let neutralizer sit for 8 min, next two 5 min, last 10 min (paranoid, yes!). I also found out my front is quickest to process so starting in the back is a must. So front cane out more wavy-loose curled, and the back to a jheri loosened curl (which I love) aloooooot of texture! I had hardly no shedding (after I got all the dead hair from the 4 mth straight kinky twists). When I say barely anything in the comb... Thats exactly what I mean! I also did roux leave in protein bottle. It comes in a grey box w 3 lil bottles. Anywho bcz of the weather I weaves it up a few days later w Bobbi boss ocean wave. By the time I take my weave out I'll be ready To dive head 1st w my journey. I feel so empowered. BHM and you tube wb my saving grace as time goes on.

Did you take any pictures of your results?
Sponsored Links

Coiled up View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coiled up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2012 at 12:55pm
@HoneyS7, sorry but I didn't. I have to get better with remembering especially since I love pics. PSA for any1 wondering...I will always block my face due to professional reasons. I want freedom to talk ish, open dialogue and my opinions w/o being tracked on social media sites. Ty for understanding.
Sw33ti3_205 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sw33ti3_205 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2012 at 1:12am
Congrats on your texturizer!! I used the same texturizer and followed all the directions and my hair came out bone straight in parts, wavy on others, and curly on some. I also had a lot of shedding and dryness even with products that usually kept my hair well moisturized

I loved my natural hair before and this was a huge set back for me. Recently I found a natural stylist and she told me I have to cut my hair ,which is about 6in right now, to gain my natural style and texture back so now I'm looking for ways to speed up my growth process. So I recommend that if you find a natural stylist before you go back to the creamy crack's baby sister. Best of luck to you on your hair journey though
nicks_hotmama06 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicks_hotmama06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2012 at 12:17am
How do you ladies move so quickly when applying the texlax???? When I was relaxed it took me at least 15 minutes to apply it. Would it be best to slather on like conditioner the first time on virgin hair? What about when touch up time comes.......how do you get it only on the new growth but in such a small amount of time as 5-10 minutes??????
Curlyblossom12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyblossom12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2013 at 10:58pm
What brand did you use? 
osopretty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote osopretty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2013 at 1:36pm
I used Silk Elements Regular strength and left it on about 20 minutes.
Hairsage1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairsage1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2013 at 7:37am
This is really pretty - is this the result of Silk Elements only or Silk Elements w/ conditioner mixed in?Tongue
osopretty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osopretty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2013 at 11:04am
Silk elements only, no conditioner. It was an accident, I was actually going for a bone straight look.LOL
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2013 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by nicks_hotmama06 nicks_hotmama06 wrote:

How do you ladies move so quickly when applying the texlax???? When I was relaxed it took me at least 15 minutes to apply it. Would it be best to slather on like conditioner the first time on virgin hair? What about when touch up time comes.......how do you get it only on the new growth but in such a small amount of time as 5-10 minutes??????

Would be best to have it professionally done. It is a skill that not everyone has. Best not to practice w/ chemicals. Go to an expert.
Coiled up View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Coiled up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2013 at 6:19pm
Use 2 ppl or split your hair in 2sections, do one section rinse neutralize etc. then repeat on other section. Maybe more work than you want but guaranteed results.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
  Share Topic